PDA

View Full Version : AMAZING BIRTHDAY!!!!!

nadja la claire
06-03-2007, 06:11 PM
This has been a great Birthday!! :woot: :woot: Yesterday I went to my favorite LYS with my buddy. They didn't have any Mmmmmm in the color I wanted so instead I spent $55 on 600 yds. of Tweed Alpaca from The Great Adirondack Yarn Company in Sierra Monet :inlove: :inlove: The color is so beautiful and it's soooo soft, :drool: I just had to get it. My buddy and I kept enabling each other, it was so funny. She gave me 3 balls of Plymouth Royal Bamboo in a kind of gold color. :inlove: Maybe you all can help me decide what my babies want to be when they grow up. On Thursday when Jerry and his friends went on their geezer lunch, Jerry had them stop by B&N and he picked up the Knitter's Bible and a really nice Veggie Cookbook for me. I can't wait to use it. Jerry also wrote me a poem, which he always does me on my birthday and our anniversary, it was so beautiful, it made me cry. And if all this wasn't enough our oldest son call to wish me a happy b-day and to tell us that there will be another grand-baby in February. I told Jerry he has to live now to see the baby. I so happy :woot: :woot: :woot: This has been the best birthday!!!!!

:muah: :hug:

Nadja :knitting:

Mariblue
06-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Happy Birthday! Glad it was a good one, and congrats on the grandbaby! :cheering:

Jeremy
06-03-2007, 06:23 PM
This post made my day. Happy Happy Birthday.:muah:

Robinknits
06-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Happy Birthday!!!:muah:

Glad it was such a good day for you!

robynbird
06-03-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm sooo glad you had a great day today!!! WOW...great gifts. :) You deserve it Claire!! :muah:

mks22300
06-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Happy Birthday! Your yarn is so prettiful. :heart:
What wonderful news about your new grandbaby to look forwards too!

auburnchick
06-03-2007, 07:34 PM
The yarn is :inlove:. What wonderful news from your son too!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!! Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :muah: :hug:

Skater
06-03-2007, 07:36 PM
:star::star::star::star::star: Happy Birthday! :star::star::star::star::star:
:present::yay:

Petals
06-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Happy Birthday!! What a wonderful day for you! Exciting news on the new grandchild! Congrats!!:happydancing::happydancing:

knitwit628
06-03-2007, 07:39 PM
:hug::present::balloons:Happy Birthday!!! :cheering::happydancing::grphug:

wewantmore
06-03-2007, 08:58 PM
An amazing birthday indeed.

Sanibelle
06-03-2007, 08:59 PM
I am sooooo glad that you had a great birthday.

You certainly deserve it!:hug::hug:

And congratulations on your new soon to be grandbaby.... another new person to knit for :happydance::happydance::happydance:

I can't believe how much you just helped me in your post. I bought some yarn a year or two ago - I know it is Great Adirondack and that it is alpaca. But everything else I forgot, including the yardage and recommended needle size. I am usually so careful about saving the lables but for some reason it was missing. I tried calling the yarn store last week where I bought it. They went out of business. I have been googling to try and find it all weekend and then I saw your post. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!:balloons::balloons::balloons:

jeanius80
06-03-2007, 09:03 PM
yay for amazing birthdays!! happy happy joy joy!:teehee:

very pretty yarns! and very nice books jerry got you. and of course, congratulations on the up and coming grandbaby:heart:

BinkyKat
06-03-2007, 11:32 PM
I love days like this! Congrats on the new baby announcement. Such wonderful refreshing news to brighten Jerry's days!:heart::hug::heart:
Happy Birthday Hon!:cheering:

Braden
06-03-2007, 11:37 PM
Happy Birthday! Congratulations on the new Grandchild!

Andrea
06-03-2007, 11:45 PM
I'm so glad you had a great birthday!! Congratulations on the upcoming grandchild!! :cheering:

:heart:

KnittingNat
06-04-2007, 04:01 AM
I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday.May you have many more of these :heart::heart:

And hooray for the great news!:cheering::cheering:

Nobones
06-04-2007, 04:09 AM
I'm so glad you had a nice birthday.

I love the Knitters Bible it's a great book. If you look in the How to section under Sheep toy, there is a link to the corrections for the book. Make sure you get them before starting any project in there, especially the sheep toy!

Happy Birthday.

Kaydee
06-04-2007, 05:17 AM
Yea!!! I'm so glad you had such a good birthday! And congrats on the grandbaby to be!:cheering::cheering::cheering:

Ronda
06-04-2007, 06:53 AM
:balloons:You deserved a great birthday!:hug:

nadja la claire
06-04-2007, 09:58 AM
I am sooooo glad that you had a great birthday.

You certainly deserve it!:hug::hug:

And congratulations on your new soon to be grandbaby.... another new person to knit for :happydance::happydance::happydance:

I can't believe how much you just helped me in your post. I bought some yarn a year or two ago - I know it is Great Adirondack and that it is alpaca. But everything else I forgot, including the yardage and recommended needle size. I am usually so careful about saving the lables but for some reason it was missing. I tried calling the yarn store last week where I bought it. They went out of business. I have been googling to try and find it all weekend and then I saw your post. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!:balloons::balloons::balloons:

Thanks for the well wishing, I can't wait to start knitting for my newest sweetpea.

I'm glad my post helped out. The recommended needle size isn't on the label but I asked one of the women at the LYS and she said between #5 to #7. I don't know what I'm going to make with it. I was looking through my brand new copy of the Knitter's Bible and I think I got some ideas for possible stitches but I'm not sure what those stitches will make.

stitchwitch
06-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Congrats on a very much deserved good birthday!:balloons:Also on the announcement of the new grandkid!:clink::clink:

Jillle
06-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Sounds like an amazing day!! :muah:
:star:Happy Birthday!:star:

Sanibelle
06-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the well wishing, I can't wait to start knitting for my newest sweetpea.

I'm glad my post helped out. The recommended needle size isn't on the label but I asked one of the women at the LYS and she said between #5 to #7. I don't know what I'm going to make with it. I was looking through my brand new copy of the Knitter's Bible and I think I got some ideas for possible stitches but I'm not sure what those stitches will make.

Nadja -

I started a clapotis with mine yesterday. The yarn is so soft and wonderful to work with. We have a knitalong going too if you want to check it out. I am using size 5 needles - I knit on the loose side and the 5's are working great.

THANKS AGAIN

DQ
06-04-2007, 11:06 AM
:hug:HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :hug:

I'm glad you've had a good day :thumbsup:

Dangles
06-05-2007, 01:16 AM
A happy belated birthday to you Nadja. I'm glad it was a grand one :thumbsup::present:

:cheering: :clink::woot:Congrats on the great news of a new grandbaby!

DotMom61
06-05-2007, 01:22 AM
Nadja --

I'm a little late to the party, but I'm SO glad you had such a nice birthday!!! :muah:

mwedzi
06-05-2007, 08:21 AM
Cool! Happy Birthday! Hmm, for the alpaca, I vote for a stole/shawl.

gems3125
06-05-2007, 01:04 PM
:hug:HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :hug:

I'm glad you've had a good day :thumbsup:

Wishing You The Very Best Of Everything
On Your Special Day!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
:balloons::balloons::balloons:
:present::present:
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/gems3125/Creative_images/bday3.gif