PDA

View Full Version : Graduation present!!

hydeemarie
06-03-2007, 08:32 PM
So, I got lots of $$ from ppls. Then i got this gorgeous Vera Bradley tote bag that will serve as my purse/knitting bag! yay! :cheering::cheering: And then... I got a $50 gift card to Joanns. What should i get there!!! I'm going tomorrow!

knitwit88
06-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Get some cashmere yarn for a sweater! It'll make you feel special and sexy everytime you wear it! Plus, knitting with cashmere is like knitting a cloud!

hydeemarie
06-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Do you happen to know of a pattern for a plus-size sweater knit with cashmere yarn? That would be wonderful!!

rainberry
06-04-2007, 12:09 AM
What design is the vera bradley bag? My sister has one in botanica and I have a little one in capri melon.

aylaanne
06-04-2007, 01:33 AM
Can you GET cashmere at Joanns? Last time I went, it was mostly acrylic and acrylic blends. They do tend to have decent pattern books and needles, though, maybe order a ballwinder if you don't have one already?

Of course, with the cash, I'd totally splurge on cashmere or (if budget didn't allow for cashmere) enough alpaca for a sweater. mmm, alpaca sweater.

hydeemarie
06-04-2007, 07:59 AM
I dont know the exact name... but It's has the word Java in it. And it is like blue and brown vintage-y looking. I love it!!

hydeemarie
06-04-2007, 08:01 AM
Can you GET cashmere at Joanns? Last time I went, it was mostly acrylic and acrylic blends. They do tend to have decent pattern books and needles, though, maybe order a ballwinder if you don't have one already?

Of course, with the cash, I'd totally splurge on cashmere or (if budget didn't allow for cashmere) enough alpaca for a sweater. mmm, alpaca sweater.
Oh, my Joann's has wool, cashmere, lots of novelty, cotton, and chenelle yarn. Its all good!