View Full Version : HELP!! My brain is dead!

Ellen Edwards
06-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Sorry , but my brain isn't working today--and I need HELP!! THe pattern for the sleve of the baby raglan I'm doing says to do an increase row--and I'm fine with that--then it says Work 3 rows of stockinette.

Then continue in SS and increase as before on next and every following 4th row til there are 44 st.

So-- does this mean that 3 rows of ss is: purl the next row after the increase row, knit a row and purl a row--thereby making 3 rows of ss--is that right--or do I work a purl row, and do 6 more actual rows of knit a row and purl a row making 3 rows of ss??

Am I making any sense at all? I don't feel like I am--but can you tell me what's wrong with me?? I can't think whether to just do 3 ROWS or 6!!

misha rf
06-04-2007, 12:15 PM
I think it's the first one. If you do the other, you'll have a really looooong sleeve.

By any chance is it the Debbie Bliss baby raglan? I did the second thing you suggested the first time, & had the long sleeve. So it got frogged & redone & came out as a sweater for a human baby.

Ellen Edwards
06-04-2007, 05:38 PM
Yes it is!! I think it's so cute!!:muah: So--I don't have to frog the whole sleeve-just a little of it. I wish it would be a little more clear--as in how many inches or the like--I just couldn't think what they meant!!

How did yours turn out?? I think it's darling---at least in the book!! It's an easy knit, isn't it! Did you have any trouble putting it together?

06-04-2007, 10:49 PM
A row of stockinette is just a single row, whether it's knit or purl. It's worded like that sometimes because you can just do the appropriate row depending on which side is the next one you work.