PDA

View Full Version : Knit community

Guin
06-04-2007, 01:28 PM
A while back I remember seeing on here a link to an upcoming knitters community . Kind of like a my space , only for knitters .
It even had a waiting list , which I applied for but haven't heard nothing back . I have been searching on here and haven't found it . And silly me never bookmarked it at the time.
As of now I have a blog at freewebs , which is easy peasy to figure out , only I have found that the majority of members/bloggers there
are young enough to be my kid. I'd go to Eblogger but I don't want to have to get a google mail just to get the blog.
So, if anyone has the link to this upcoming knit community , Please post it or pm me with it .

Thank you !!

Friskums
06-04-2007, 01:30 PM
Is Ravelry (https://www.ravelry.com/account/login) what you're thinking of?

I'm still waiting for my invite. :verysad::pout::verysad:

Guin
06-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Yes! Thats it !

I'm still waiting too . :pout:

Says they are not ready for all yet ...geez , it's been a while too since they started , think they'd be ready by now.
Hope they are ready soon . :pray:

cougarchick
06-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Is it Knitting Daily???
If so the are going to be up and running in mid June

Guin
06-04-2007, 01:39 PM
No, it's Ravelry.
I recognised it as soon as I linked to it

Friskums
06-04-2007, 01:44 PM
According to this post (http://www.frecklegirl.com/blog/2007/05/17/ravelry-the-state-of-things/) they were planning on having everyone on the waiting list added 'within the next month'. Not sure how they're keeping with that, or if it's gonna take longer or what. :shrug:

suziehomemaker
06-04-2007, 04:50 PM
I just got my invite to Ravelry today. I haven't had much time to play around with it yet but it looks interesting so far.

Vendie
06-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Keep in mind that it's only 2 people running that site, and one of them has a full time job. They didn't expect such a huge response. They want to make sure all the bugs are worked out before they open it up to the public (sans invites). And it's totally worth the wait! It's a wonderful site.

kristinw
06-04-2007, 06:48 PM
I just got my invite to Ravelry today. I haven't had much time to play around with it yet but it looks interesting so far.

oooh, lucky you! It looks so cool!

Friskums
06-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Keep in mind that it's only 2 people running that site, and one of them has a full time job. They didn't expect such a huge response. They want to make sure all the bugs are worked out before they open it up to the public (sans invites). And it's totally worth the wait! It's a wonderful site.

I keep wanting to email and offer my boyfriend's services so that I can get an invite quicker. :rofling:

I'm just eager to get in and start playing with it.:mrgreen: