PDA

View Full Version : Knitting Interview

Braden
06-05-2007, 01:19 AM
I got this interview in my e-mail, and thought I would share my answers.

Could you answer this little interview in your blog? Thanks!

1. Do you knit continental or English? It's more continental than anything else, but the bottom line is my knitting style is just plain weird. But it works for me!

2. How long ago did you learn to knit? About 6 years ago

3. First FO? Apart from the knitted squares? My first real project was a gre bulky raglan sweater, made from acrylic, and before I knew about dye lots. I think it was 3 different shades.

4. Favorite yarn? I don't have any one favorite- but give me good basic yarns in natural fibers. Okay, if I Had to pick one, it would be Malabrigo.

5. Favorite pattern? My own design, or a published pattern? I almost exclusively calculate my own patterns from The Sweater Workshop, but my favorite published pattern is Alice Starmore's Inishmore

6. Favorite pattern source? Myself-I calculate my own patterns from The Sweater Workshop

7. Favorite needles? Addi Turbos or KnitPicks Options, no question!

8. Nicest thing you’ve ever knit? An aran vest I designed and knit for a friend. I loved knitting that thing, sadly, it was made and given away before I had a digital camera.

9. Most hated project? That Grey raglan sweater I told you about. The thing was huge, different shades, and the neck was too big. It probably would have fit ove the washing machine, for all I know.

10. Who are you going to pass this on to? Whoever wants to answer it.

Anyway...

beckyrhae
06-05-2007, 01:57 AM
I answered it!

On my blog thingy (http://beckybooblogs.blogspot.com/)

Braden
06-05-2007, 02:56 AM
Thanks! by the way, if you don't have a blog, you can answer it in this thread!

Susan P.
06-05-2007, 05:29 AM
This is a classic example of the experiential gap between you folks in the US and here. I don't know these addi turbos or knitpicks needles at all here and Malabrigo I OFTEN see mentioned on this forum but don't know it here at all.

Why do you folk speak so well of it?

I like Filatura di Crosa yarns and most from Naturally NZ. Friends enjoy Bendigo yarns. Naturally is a wonderfully helpful company. Good ole Cleckheatons and Patons are often valuable.

I only know two sets..well..3 sets..of needles here as such. There isn't a lot of range and variation in needles here as such and I've only ever seen one set of circulars (brand I mean). MOST needles I see sold here are Birch brand.

Patterns..shrug..no favourites as such. I've not branched out enough in items I make although I've made some original wraps.

marykz
06-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Could you answer this little interview in your blog? Thanks!
I have no blog- (I am lame) so here goes....

1. Do you knit continental or English? English
2. How long ago did you learn to knit? About 5 months ago, after a hiatus of many many moons

3. First FO? after learning all my stitches, the Anthropologie inspired capelet

4. Favorite yarn? I love all kinds of yarn- but the nicest I've knit with yet was Royal Bamboo- it felt so nice.....

5. Favorite pattern? tough one- at the moment I'm in love with the top down raglan.

6. Favorite pattern source? knittingpatterncentral.com, and Interweave knits magazine

7. Favorite needles? Addi Turbos or Denise interchangeables,

8. Nicest thing you’ve ever knit? so far I'm most proud of the Monica tank I made for my kid...

9. Most hated project? a novelty yarn monstrosity

10. Who are you going to pass this on to? my Mom, who is a fabulous knitter!!

msoebel
06-05-2007, 09:44 AM
1. Do you knit continental or English? It's English. For the life of me, I just HATE knitting continental.

2. How long ago did you learn to knit? 8 months ago

3. First FO? A little purse for my dd. It was made with cheap acrylic yarn, but it had a pink and orange colorway that I really enjoyed knitting with.

4. Favorite yarn? Very favorite? I really like Peaches n Cream or Sugar n Cream. I love that cotton!

5. Favorite pattern? I love to make hats...and I just make them up as I go.

6. Favorite pattern source? The internet...I love patterns from blogs...they're usually free, and people are so creative!

7. Favorite needles? As long as they are aluminum, I don't care.

8. Nicest thing you’ve ever knit? Hmmmn...a tie between the lace shawl I made for my sil, and the hoodie sweater I made for my baby niece. Or the heart pillow I made for my dd.

9. Most hated project? Absolutely most hated? I made "Le Slouchy" hat and it drove me to distraction. And I don't even like the way it looks now!

10. Who are you going to pass this on to? The world.

nadja la claire
06-05-2007, 09:55 AM
1. Do you knit continental or English? English. I'd like to be able to do both but English is more comfortable for me.

2. How long ago did you learn to knit? About 21/2 years.

3. First FO? A garter stitch scarf for DH.

4. Favorite yarn? I don't have any one favorite- I'm very fickle. It used to be Caron SS, then it was LB Wool-Ease, then Paton's Classic Merino Aran. Now I think it's a tossup between Malabrigo and Adirondack Alpaca Tweed. Please don't make me choose between my babies.

5. Favorite pattern? I Like my own designs, but right now I think my all time favorite is Brook Nelson's Column of Leaves Scarf.

6. Favorite pattern source?The web mainly.

7. Favorite needles? KnitPicks Options!!!!!! :cheering:

8. Nicest thing you’ve ever knit? :shrug:

9. Most hated project? My 1st sock. It's still on the needles because I haven't frogged it yet and a shrug for my niece.

10. Who are you going to pass this on to? :shrug:

Anyway...

:muah: :hug:

Nadja :knitting:

Braden
06-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Wow, I think it's great to be able to see how people knit, what patterns, etc. Don't you?

Jan in CA
06-05-2007, 10:15 AM
1. Do you knit continental or English? English mainly, but I do use both hands for fair isle.

2. How long ago did you learn to knit? 1.5 yrs

3. First FO? :thinking: I think a dishcloth, but I made a sweater at 3 mos.

4. Favorite yarn? I like wool, but I can't wear it so.. :shrug:

5. Favorite pattern? Don't really have one yet, but I do like making little charity sweaters from various patterns.

6. Favorite pattern source? I always start my search at KPC.

7. Favorite needles? Addi Turbos or KnitPicks Options, no question!

8. Nicest thing you’ve ever knit? I guess the EZ Baby Surprise Sweater I made in wool a few months ago.

9. Most hated project? Nothing yet.

Susan P.
06-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Ok..so..I was the one who didn't behave and copy the darn thing out LOL

Chrissie
06-05-2007, 11:32 AM

2. How long ago did you learn to knit? about 8 months ago

3. First FO? a 2x2 ribbed scarf from Lamb's Pride Bulky.

4. Favorite yarn? I like so many of them....and I haven't knit with enough different kinds to really pick a favorite. I guess I'd say Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, for now.

5. Favorite pattern? My favorite pattern so far is Chicknits Ariann.

6. Favorite pattern source? Knitty

7. Favorite needles? Knitpicks Options

8. Nicest thing you’ve ever knit? My Ribby Cardi from Blue Sky Cotton....its SO soft and luxurious

9. Most hated project? A baby hat I knit on a 12 inch circular out of Mission Falls 1824 Cotton....it hurt so much! I liked the finished product, but I don't think I will ever use that needle/yarn combination again.

beckyrhae
06-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Ok..so..I was the one who didn't behave and copy the darn thing out LOL

:teehee:

debinoz
06-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Hey, Susan P..... I found your answer very informative. Even though I'm in the US, I still feel like people are speaking a foreign language when they start talking about the Mmmm stuff, options, and addis. :shrug:

G J
06-05-2007, 11:44 AM
This is fun! Thanks for posting it! Here's my 2 cent's worth!

1. Do you knit continental or English? English. Even when doing Fair Isle, I still keep both strands in my right hand!

2. How long ago did you learn to knit? When I was a kid I learned and sort of knit a bit along the way, but didn't get into it big-time until about 2 years ago.

3. First FO? A dishcloth. My mom buys the cones of cotton yarn and she gave me one! but I made a toddler sweater for a friend a few months and many scarves and dishcloths later.

4. Favorite yarn? I'm currently knitting a sweater for my mom with Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece and love it. Not too heavy, very soft and lovely colors.

5. Favorite pattern? A toddler sweater my grandmother used to knit. I've made several for friends and they LOVE them. I love passing along a bit of my grandmother!:heart:

6. Favorite pattern source? The internet and library books! I have yet to spend $ on patterns!

7. Favorite needles? I was given about twelve circular needles from a friend whose husband's grandmother passed away and didn't know what else to do with the stuff. I taught her daughters how to knit, but they wanted new stuff! I don't have much else to compare with.

8. Nicest thing you’ve ever knit? The Alice Sweater from MagKnits.

9. Most hated project? A sweater I made with KP Decadence. The sweater turned out fine, but I every time I wore it, it left a swath of red fibers ! The yarn ws a PAIN to work with because of the lint! I tried washing it and it sort of felted! Now it's unwearable! :waah:

Friskums
06-05-2007, 11:49 AM
1. Do you knit continental or English? English mostly but I taught myself continental and combined and switch off randomly.

2. How long ago did you learn to knit? About 1.5 years.

3. First FO? Virginia Tank from Knitty

4. Favorite yarn? Misti Alpaca.

5. Favorite pattern? I really don't think there's any correct way to answer this. :rofling:

6. Favorite pattern source? World Wide Web.

7. Favorite needles? Knitpicks Options and Denise Interchangeables.

8. Nicest thing you’ve ever knit? Lengthwise garter stitch scarf with Misti Alpaca Chunky.

9. Most hated project? Um... I don't have a hated project really. I don't like cotton yarn though. :ick:

10. Who are you going to pass this on to? Whoever answers next. :thumbsup:

jodstr2
06-05-2007, 11:52 AM
done... answered in my blahg thread.
thanks ContiKnitter! :)

misha rf
06-05-2007, 12:12 PM
This is fun :)

1. Do you knit continental or English? English, but I'd like to learn how to knit Continental.

2. How long ago did you learn to knit? About 1 1/2 years ago

3. First FO? I used about a skein for "practice." Then I found out a friend was going to become a gramma, so I made a baby blankie. If I recall correctly, the pattern came from eHow.

4. Favorite yarn? Mmmmmalabrigo & Misti Alpaca.

5. Favorite pattern? Dunno. I'm really addicted to hats right now, so I guess hat patterns would be the current one.

6. Favorite pattern source? The Internets. :mrgreen:

7. Favorite needles? I don't have any yet, although I do prefer metal ones. The Husband has agreed to buy me Options, though, so my opinion may change...

8. Nicest thing you’ve ever knit? Probably the never-ending baby blanket that I just finished (for my friend's nephew).

9. Most hated project? The never-ending baby blanket, just because it seemed to take forever (although it was probably less than a month total.)

MrsJSD
06-05-2007, 12:15 PM
My answers to these questions would not be very interesting, so I'll just comment on a couple of things.

1. Knitting style: the weirdest thing about this issue is how many continental knitters talk about "using less energy" to pick vs. throw. I mean, honestly, what could the actual difference be? Are there people out there losing weight by knitting english? I'm sure I'm not.

2. My most despised knitting project was a garter stitch jacket I made in six different yarns, some of them I doubled (horizontal stripes). Although I loved the color combinations and enjoyed knitting it, when it was all finished and I put it on, I looked like I had just gained 50 pounds. I couldn't rip it apart fast enough.

3. I love yarns in cashmere, silk, soft wool...I hate cheap synthetics and yarns with goofy baubles hanging off them. I think what's easiest to knit is not always the most lovely feeling, so to pick a favorite I'd have to ask, favorite to knit or favorite to wear?

4. I knit nearly always with circular needles whether in the round or not. I have a pair of Lantern Moon ebony circs I absolutely love. Addi turbos are good for wool. Sometimes I have to use bamboo if that's the only kind I have in the size needed. I must look into this Knitpicks Options, I'm intrigued.

5. A pattern I love:
E. Zimmerman's gull pattern lacy baby sweater found in her Knitter's Almanac.

Kaydee
06-05-2007, 12:25 PM
I posted in my blog (http://kaydeeknits.blogspot.com/)!

kristinw
06-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Answered in my blog (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=38347&page=8) (which BTW, has lots of yarn p0rn in it!)

Jeremy
06-05-2007, 05:22 PM
1. Do you knit continental or English? Both, but mostly continental

2. How long ago did you learn to knit? about 2 years ago

3. First FO? a ribbed hat.

4. Favorite yarn? Oooh tough. I go through phases but right now I like silk.

5. Favorite pattern? Right now I really want to try some of the patterns in Victorian Lace Today.

6. Favorite pattern source? Here, in the pattern forum

7. Favorite needles? Addi's and Options
8. Nicest thing you’ve ever knit? The checkerboard shawl from Interweaves shawl book. Unfortunately, I knit it for someone who has thrown it in a pile near her fireplace and does not appear to appreciate the effort or the gift.

9. Most hated project? What else? My first socks.

lizardknits
06-05-2007, 08:35 PM
1. Do you knit continental or English? continental
(im a lefty, and i also crochet)
2. How long ago did you learn to knit? I think it was a couple of years ago...cant remember

3. First FO? a garter stitch scarf in Lion Brand Wool ease thick and quick with fringe

4. Favorite yarn? I love acrylic, especially variegated. I also love fun fur.
5. Favorite pattern? i dont really use patterns much at all...ummmm....
6. Favorite pattern source? Kniitting pattern central

7. Favorite needles? Boye aluminum

8. Nicest thing you’ve ever knit? gosh, idunno, its all been nice

9. Most hated project? idk

10. Who are you going to pass this on to? some random knitter ...lol

leradny
06-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Answered at both my personal blog and the knitting community I frequent:

http://community.livejournal.com/20sknitters/1252784.html#cutid1

jeanius80
06-05-2007, 09:51 PM
i answered on my blog, but i will re-post here too
thanks for charing conti!

1. Do you knit continental or English? continental, and i never wrap the yarn on any fingers. i just sort of grip it in my pinky and ring fingers

2. How long ago did you learn to knit? in february 2007 (5 months ago)

3. First FO? a hat for my mom. it took me three trys. i wasn't experienced enough to know i could 'frog' it and re-do. i actually knitted two baaaaad hats (one was too short and too big around, the other was sort of cone shaped - i added a very silly pom and gave it to the nieces to play with). the third was good. i used crazy aunt purls roll brim hat recipe (http://www.crazyauntpurl.com/archives/2005/06/easy_rollbrim_k_1.php), except i added a 2x2 ribbing. i used white caron simply soft.

4. Favorite yarn? i love most yarns. haven't found anything too scratchy to use. except red heart super saver. it will probably get donated. i. do. not. like. to. knit. with. it. at all. i really love merino yarns, and malabrigo has beautiful colorways.

5. Favorite pattern? none yet, but i do love the drive thru sweater (http://knitandtonic.typepad.com/knitandtonic/2006/11/drive_thru_aka_.html) for kids!

6. Favorite pattern source? the internet.

7. Favorite needles? so far, i love these old dritz steel circular needles. my susan bates quicksilvers are great because they are *just* slippery enough

8. Nicest thing you've ever knit? so far, the topi hat (http://www.knitty.com/issuespring06/PATTtopi.html) (which still isn't finished)

9. Most hated project? a baby sweater i started with some acrylic boucle. it is still all tangled up and hiding in my yarn craft cart.

10. Who are you going to pass this on to? Whoever wants to answer it

Ingrid
06-05-2007, 10:48 PM
1. Do you knit continental or English? English. I've tried Continental a bit, but it just doesn't seem like 'home' to me.

2. How long ago did you learn to knit? During the Kennedy Administration :rofling:. My friend's mother taught me to knit one rainy afternoon and I was fascinated by it.

3. First FO? Garter stitch bookmarks, garter stitch Barbi skirts, and then I branched out to garter stitch scarves. Once I learned to purl I changed the scarf styles. There were decades between knitting for my teenage boyfriends and then for my kids as babies and then again for my grandsons. Once I got started again about 3 years ago, there hasn't been a day I haven't knit.

4. Favorite yarn? see www.yarndex.com . I love them all! :lol: For soft wool I love merino, alpaca is grand, Karaoke is wonderful, Mmmmmalabrigo, Noro Silk Garden is my new best friend, I have several skeins of other Noros that will get my attention soon. I also love Jamieson & Smith yarns for Fair Isle. The colors are to die for! I like all the rest of them, too.:shrug: I'm hopeless, I tell ya.

5. Favorite pattern? I like making sweaters in the round, Fair Isle when I'm in the mood, saddle shoulders are fun to work, intricate cables are fun to watch grow. Actually, I haven't really knit anything that didn't have some merit--even something garter can be relaxing. Intarsia reminds me of coloring in a coloring book.

6. Favorite pattern source? I like being able to look at books rather than scan all the free patterns out there, but I do that, too.

7. Favorite needles? Addis and Options/bamboo dpns

8. Nicest thing you’ve ever knit? The Fair Isles, I guess.

9. Most hated project? The sweater my daughter requested out of Homeshun. I couldn't finish it.:ick:

10. Who are you going to pass this on to?

Whoever wants to join in.

Ingrid

robynbird
06-05-2007, 11:10 PM
1. Do you knit continental or English? Both but I prefer English as Continental tends to hurt my wrists after awhile.

2. How long ago did you learn to knit? about 4 years ago.

3. First FO? Garter stitch scarves for everyone for Christmas.

4. Favorite yarn? I like all kinds of yarn. Depends on what I"m making..really don't have a favorite.

5. Favorite pattern? AGain...don't really have one. I've been rather slow on learning new techniques...I've never made a sweater and just started knitting socks.

6. Favorite pattern source? I like the web for finding patterns.

7. Favorite needles? Addis and Options

8. Nicest thing you’ve ever knit? My red clapotis in Elann Luna yarn.

9. Most hated project? a hat I tried to make for my daughter w/o a pattern...really messed it up.

10. Who are you going to pass this on to? everyone!

redheadrachel
06-05-2007, 11:57 PM
Ooh, this is fun because it makes me feel like a "real" knitter! :D

1. Do you knit continental or English? English, and I learned from this site

2. How long ago did you learn to knit? I learned to knit over this past Thanksgiving break but thought knitting was going to be too much harder than crochet. Then I leanred to purl over Christmas break, kept practicing, and I haven't stopped since.

3. First FO? Irish Hiking Scarf - it was very hard for me, but I got in a lot of good practice and it definitely paid off!

4. Favorite yarn? I don't have too much experience with fancy yarns, but I loved Yarn Bee's Luscious because it's the softest yarn I've ever felt, and I got it on sale for 99 cents/skein (normally 7.99 at Hobby Lobby!)

5. Favorite pattern? The Irish Hiking Scarf, and everything with cables I've knit since!

6. Favorite pattern source? Lion Brand Online

7. Favorite needles? I only own Boye (I know...) but I'm going to order the Knitpicks Options set as soon as I can get their website stuff to work!

8. Nicest thing you’ve ever knit? A cabled throw for my friend as a graduation gift

9. Most hated project? I don't have any hated knitting projects, but I've made some pretty hideous crocheted hats that I'm kind of embarassed about.

:D Ooh this was so great. It's like our bonding experience!

zkimom
06-06-2007, 06:25 AM
1. Do you knit continental or English? Continental -- I used to knit combination but over the couple of years I have been knitting straight continental.

2. How long ago did you learn to knit? My mom taught me when I was young but I didn't really start knitting in earnest until I had my kids

3. First FO? I didn't know to think I couldn't do it so when I was in my early 20s I made an alpaca sweater with a very intricate leaf pattern. I don't think I've done that much lacework since then!

4. Favorite yarn? Lobster Pot Cashmere. OMG it's soft and the colors are divine! I do love the Malabrigo for the colors and the softness but it tends to pill. I got some bamboo yarn in Paris that feels divine. Cascade 220 is my favorite all purpose wool.

5. Favorite pattern? The Irish Hiking Scarf, and everything with cables I've knit since!

6. Favorite pattern source? Interweave Knits

7. Favorite needles? I don't really focus on my needles, just the yarn I'm knitting with

8. Nicest thing you’ve ever knit? A cabled throw for my friend as a graduation gift

9. Most hated project? Nothing comes to mind -- if I'm not enjoying a pattern, I frog it and start another. I don't let it get to the hated stage. I figure if a project is getting that frustrating that I would be moved to hating it, it isn't a project I should be working on.

Here it is!

Best,
Susan

iza
06-06-2007, 09:38 AM
I answered in my blog, here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showpost.php?p=872234&postcount=104)! :cheering:

mum2caden
06-06-2007, 10:06 AM
1. Do you knit continental or English? English- after trying to learn continental for years and never being able to do it, I came across this site and realized there are a few ways to knit. Because I am left handed, holding the yarn in my right seemed crazy, but it actually works for me.. and I think it is because I am just not able to keep tension by using my fingers to hold the yarn the continental method. However, I am sure I have been doing some things oddly- but it works!

2. How long ago did you learn to knit? In December 2006- just before my college exams.. and it seemed to calm me a lot, so knitting is something I do when I am stressed now. And you better believe that I was knitting during that last month of school this term too, lol.

3. First FO? After about a million grandmother's favorite dishcloths (Which was what I wanted to learn first because I missed the one;s my grandmother used to make) I made a scarf. I think it was called the bird's eye pattern that I added a K4 border around, and I was really proud of it because it was lacy.

4. Favorite yarn? I like wool, but I don't buy it. I will when I find a source that treats their sheep better. I usually knit with cottons or acrylics, but I really want to hunt down some other sort of material.

5. Favorite pattern? I don't really have one.

6. Favorite pattern source? The internet. I don't yet have the money to spend on patterns.. or yarn usually for that matter, lol.

7. Favorite needles? KnitPicks Options

8. Nicest thing you’ve ever knit? So far just the scarf, but I have plans to knit a blanket when I get some more yarn..

9. Most hated project? Nothing yet.

knitwit88
06-06-2007, 10:21 AM

2. How long ago did you learn to knit? 4 months ago

3. First FO? A striped scarf in red and blue

4. Favorite yarn? Heaven 100% nylon

5. Favorite pattern? The only pattern I've ever made is a kerchief, so I guess that one.

6. Favorite pattern source? The internet

7. Favorite needles? Bamboo

8. Nicest thing you’ve ever knit? The Mother's Day scarf I made out of my fave yarn

9. Most hated project? My first Kitschy Kerchief

10. Who are you going to pass this on to? Probably noone

KnittingNat
06-06-2007, 10:44 AM
1. Do you knit continental or English? Continental. I learned to knit through back loop, so i have two methods, the "right" one and mine.

2. How long ago did you learn to knit? About 20 years ago, around the age of 6-7.

3. First FO? when i was little, i knitted my favourite doll a sweater and a pair of pants.

4. Favorite yarn? I haven't tried many yet, so far i really like Rowan yarns (Plaid, Big Wool). Lopi is very nice too. I generally prefer wool and natural fibers.

5. Favorite pattern? I try to like all of my patterns. If i hate it - i don't do it!

6. Favorite pattern source? The internet and magazines equally.

7. Favorite needles? mmmm.... Different needles for different yarn, i guess.

8. Nicest thing you’ve ever knit? A hat for my mom and a sweater in progress for hubby.

9. Most hated project? I don't hate my projects, if i do - they don't get to the stage of FO. :shrug:

10. Who are you going to pass this on to? I don't know... Nobody i know knits, except here :??

ChroniclesofYarnia
06-06-2007, 11:38 AM
It's on my blog. :)

DragonTush
06-06-2007, 02:41 PM
http://knit-n-nerd.blogspot.com/

cftwo
06-06-2007, 03:25 PM
1. I knit English.

2. I learned to knit about 25 (yikes!) years ago when I was 11 or 12.

3. My first finished object I think was 2-needle mittens, if I didn't start with a scarf. I had problems with the ribbing, since I would essentially do yarn overs instead of moving the yarn from front to back and had a bazillion extra stitches.

4. Favorite yarn - of all time? It was a super-soft eyelash-type novelty yarn that was made by Filatura (I think) and which they no longer make. It made the most luxurious scarf and I keep kicking myself that I didn't buy more of it when it was made (and that I don't remember the name).

5. Favorite pattern? It all depends on who I'm knitting for. I usually only make a pattern once (at least so far).

6. Favorite pattern source? I routinely like the Filatura and Thaki Stacy Charles patterns.

7. Favorite needles - the Takumi (sp?) Clover bamboo needles.

8. Nicest thing I've ever knit - for me, or for someone else? For me, it would have to be a sweater I made - Clekheaton pattern from the mid-90s, waist-length cardigan with contrasting neckline, cuffs, and waist. An afghan is probably the nicest thing I've made for someone else.

9. Most hated project? A scarf made entirely of fun fur. I made it for a friend for her Red Hat Society meetings in purple and by the end I really hated working with that stuff. It was the yarn that was the problem, not the pattern. I also started (and abandoned) a tank top in DK weight cotton that turned out to be a reverse stockinette stitch and I hated the way it looked. I tend to abandon projects I hate. (As a result, I've learned not to start them if at all possible!)

10. Who will I pass this on to? No idea.