PDA

View Full Version : OT - My birthday gift

msoebel
06-05-2007, 09:52 AM
Well, I got a package yesterday from my dh's grandmother in Idaho.

I thought she was mad at me (again) because it was a month late. A few years ago, she thought I took too long to send a thank you card for our Christmas gifts and she "skipped" my birthday to "punish" me.:rollseyes:

Anyway...yesterday, I received a beautiful quilt in the mail from her. She quilts white fabric and then cross stitches designs on them. She made three for dd when she was born.

She made me a QUEEN size quilt for my bed...with a border all the way around, and a bouquet of flowers in the center in pinks and purples. Then she backed with a pink fabric. This thing is GORGEOUS:heart:. I cannot believe the amount of time that put into it.

Misty

leedsfan
06-05-2007, 09:59 AM
That sounds lovely,happy belated birthday.

Jan in CA
06-05-2007, 10:04 AM
That sounds beautiful! Did you overnight a thank you note? :teehee:

BTW.. we've had the same problem. My MIL once sent me a nasty letter and read both DH and I the riot act because she hadn't gotten a prompt thank you note from the kids at Christmas. They were about 5 and 3 at the time and it was about 2 wks after the holiday. :doh:

nadja la claire
06-05-2007, 10:05 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
be it belated.

And where are the pcis of this lovely gift. :tap: :nails:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja :knitting:

marykz
06-05-2007, 10:26 AM
wow that sounds amazing!!!

robynbird
06-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Happy Birthday!!! It sounds lovely...can't wait to see some pictures. :)

G J
06-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Wow! SOunds lovely and given lovingly!:heart:

msoebel
06-05-2007, 12:21 PM
I will post pics if and when my digital camera ever comes back home again. My dh likes to keep it at the church so when we have youth activities, it's just right there. It is lovely.:inlove:

And yes, I sat right down and sent a thank you car IMMEDIATELY.

Misty