PDA

View Full Version : stitch marker for dp needles?

Binkyman99
06-07-2007, 09:45 AM
I know this is a dumb question......but..........

what type of marker do you use when knitting in the round on DP needles? I think the ones I have would fall off and I would never know where the beginning of my round was! Do you just use a small one and jam it on there?

suzeeq
06-07-2007, 09:48 AM
There isn't a special stitch marker, what you do is use a regular one but mark your 1st stitch 1 st in from the end, so you have the last stitch on the same needle and the marker won't fall off.

sue

ChroniclesofYarnia
06-07-2007, 10:06 AM
I use a safety pin or one of the little clasp marker on the actual knitting. Or I leave my tail hanging down, and that marks the beginning.

Lieke
06-07-2007, 10:48 AM
I usually put my marker between the first and second stitch

brownishcoat
06-07-2007, 10:56 AM
When I'm knitting round on circs, I hang the marker on the first stitch itself and move it up every couple of rounds (my stitch markers are the type that open).

When I'm knitting round on dpns, I place a rubber pony tail holder on the end of the needle where the beginning of the round is. When I get back to the beginning of the round, I move it to the end of the empty needle and start the next round. Works great, and never slips off.

Silver
06-07-2007, 11:10 AM
I don't use a marker on DPNs. I leave the cast on tail hanging down . If you're using 4 DPNs, the stitches will be divided onto 3 in a triangle. The point that has the tail straight down from it signifies the beginning of the new round.

If I'm going to be doing increasing at the beginning and ending of the round, I just move the stitches around so the end of the round is in the middle of one needle and use a regular ring stitch marker like normal.

aylaanne
06-07-2007, 11:28 AM
I use a safety pin, and place it between the last stitch and the first stitch of the round. I move it up as I need to.

Momto G B and H
06-07-2007, 12:58 PM
If I really need one to mark the beginning of a round, I use a scrap piece of yarn that I tie into a snug knot. Otherwise I don't need one, as it's obvious when the round is completed.

wildflower38
06-07-2007, 03:17 PM
I use small colored paperclips, and place it in between the 1st and 2nd stitches of a round...