PDA

View Full Version : FT Clogs in Lion Brand Wool?

larudden
06-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Has anyone used this yarn to make the FT clogs? How did they come out?

Thanks,:muah:

Ingrid
06-08-2007, 12:44 PM
If it's 100% wool that's not machine washable, it should felt.

larudden
06-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Thanks Ingrid!

Belphoebe
06-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Did you make the clogs yet? Wondering how they turned out.

larudden
06-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Nope! I'm waiting for my daughter, Kate, to email me her color choices. I'm really excited to be making her some clogs because she has such a hard time with shoes. She was born with congenital lymphedema in her left leg and, even after three surgeries, the shape of her left leg and foot is still bigger than her right. She doesn't have a heel, so to speak, on her left left which makes keeping shoes on very difficult. Also, the top of her foot is kinda chubby, so it's hard to even slide her foot in a shoe. Luckily, we live in Florida so she wears flip flops alot.

I'm hoping that these clogs will be a super answer for her. I can knit them up and, when she's here for a visit, I'll felt them so she can get a perfect fit for both feet.

I'll definitely keep you posted because finding shoes to fit Kate has been something that has nagged me for 23 years. Knowing that the answer might be close is so exciting!:woot:

sue in canada
06-11-2007, 12:25 PM
I hope the clogs work out well for your daughter, sounds ideal. I also have the pattern and the yarn ready for them but haven't started yet. I have been busy with bags and socks.