PDA

View Full Version : Elfin Bride

Friskums
06-14-2007, 10:44 PM
Anyone else knitting the Elfin Bride/Gothlet from Domiknitrix?

The pattern is available for download here (http://www.domiknitrix.com/prj/elfingoth.cfm) in .pdf format, but you need the book to get the password to be able to open it.

I just started and I've gotten the 5.5 inches of the lace repeat done and now I'm confused as to what to do next.

Anyone able to help out or want to join me?

Eloewien
06-14-2007, 11:09 PM
Do you have a picture? I'm curious as to what this looks like....

Friskums
06-14-2007, 11:33 PM
There's a gallery of pictures here (http://www.domiknitrix.com/galleries/ElfinBrideandGothletfromst/index.html).

I emailed Jen (the author) and she already wrote me back clarifying my confusion. :woot::woot:

Mulderknitter
06-15-2007, 10:11 AM
That is so cool that she emailed you back! i have that book and want to make the jacket she has in there, good to know she will clairify!
Pics of progress on that project please!

Nobones
06-15-2007, 12:58 PM
I've got this book and I love it. It's nice to know if you've got a problem you'll get a response. What was it you were having problems with?

I'd love to join in but won't be able to until the end of the month. My car just failed it's MOT so no spare yarn money. :pout:

Friskums
06-15-2007, 01:11 PM
It seems so simple now... The pattern gives two ways to increase, then the pattern continues, referring back to those ways.

I just wasn't sure where the pattern started back up again. :teehee:

charmy
06-15-2007, 01:57 PM
It's so cool that you use a password from the book to access the pattern online! More people should do this :D

Friskums
06-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Just finished the left shoulder shaping and gusset. Now it's just working the length I want the sleeves.

I think I'll put it on scrap yarn though until I can try it on and determine exactly where I want the sleeves to stop.

http://www.ekittie.com/images/knitting/elfinleftshaping.jpg
http://www.ekittie.com/images/knitting/elfincloseup.jpg

Angelia
06-20-2007, 06:32 AM
Gorgeous!!! :thud:

Guin
06-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Looks great :cheering:

This is on my to do list as well as the mod coat . (My 13 yr old fell in love with the coat and wont stop asking me to make it )

What yarn are you using to make the elfin bride ?

Friskums
06-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Paton's Grace. 100% merc cotton.

Guin
06-21-2007, 02:49 PM
oooo thats nice yarn to knit with . Makes great halter tops too .

Look forward to seeing your progress with this.

I see you are on Ravelry...I finaly got my invite and am on there too :cheering:

Eloewien
06-23-2007, 01:30 PM
I think I'm gonna have to get a copy of this now :) It just looks like a fun book anyway- been wanting it. I love this pattern! I've got Green Gable going right now and want to make Tomato- but this may have to come first!!

Friskums
06-23-2007, 01:53 PM
I think I'm gonna have to get a copy of this now :) It just looks like a fun book anyway- been wanting it. I love this pattern! I've got Green Gable going right now and want to make Tomato- but this may have to come first!!
There's actually a number of patterns in the book that I really like and could see myself making.

It's written well and has very nice clear photos. :thumbsup:

Friskums
06-25-2007, 11:34 AM
I finished the sleeves. :woot: (Well, as far as I'm going to right now.)

I'll get some pictures taken tonight. :thumbsup:

Eloewien
06-25-2007, 11:59 AM
The episode of Knitty Gritty with the designer was on HGTV this morning and they showed a GORGEOUS shot of this pattern!

Friskums
06-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Aww, wish I coulda seen that!

willowangel
06-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Oooh, going to have a go at this as soon as I have some money - I love this book, it's perfect for the likes of me (goth knitters woohoo). I wish I could get some of the black needles she has in the pictures.

It's a fantastic book for tips and tricks, too - but will be back to this thread once I have enough money.

Fi xx

Friskums
06-25-2007, 02:52 PM
The Paton's Grace is working very well for me and it's not really expensive. :thumbsup:

willowangel
06-25-2007, 05:05 PM
If that weren't impossible to get in the UK, I'd go for it - going to look tomorrow for substitutable yarns in my LYS, I usually play about with different yarns and stitches and things, but the pattern for this is so pretty I'll leave as is and try and find a suitable sub for the gauge.

Hmm....... argh! I said no more clothes for a while lol.

Fi xx

Friskums
06-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Ahh, I missed that you were in the UK. :oops:

Well, if you can't find anything else to work, let me know and I can pick some up for you and ship it to you if you'd like. I don't know if that'd work out to be cheaper for you or not. :shrug:

Friskums
06-25-2007, 11:56 PM
Here's the picture of my sleeves.

http://www.ekittie.com/images/knitting/elfinsleeves.jpg

The one side is more bunched up cuz it's on a tiny Denise cable.

Guin
06-26-2007, 08:28 AM
Very nice!
:cheering:

Angelia
06-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Gorgeous! Very Goth-Sexy! :inlove:

Andrea
06-26-2007, 07:48 PM
It's going to be GORGEOUS in black!

I have that book...hmmmmmmm....:thinking:

Friskums
06-26-2007, 07:50 PM
It's going to be GORGEOUS in black!

I have that book...hmmmmmmm....:thinking:

:poke: :poke:

:teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

BinkyKat
06-26-2007, 08:48 PM
I happened to catch this episode in the early am yesterday and thought, "Hey cool, the gals on KH are doing this one!"
It will look very hawt in black!
I'll have to add this to my "patterns I think so and so would look great in" folder:thumbsup:

MultiplePurpleHats
08-15-2014, 11:12 AM
Friskums, I'm stuck on the same part that you were. If you could explain it to me that would be great. Thanks.