PDA

View Full Version : Who doesn't like a puppy picture?

DragonTush
06-18-2007, 04:15 AM
We recently had to put our beloved dane, Sherman, down. His pic is my avatar. Anyway...it was so lonely here without a dog here I started looking into purchasing another dane. Unfortunately I found out that the price of a dane has doubled since we last bought our Sherm.

So, While looking in our bargain finder paper for a topper for hubby's truck, I decided to take a gander at the pets section. I saw the most adorable pic of two puppies. Of course I had to call and they still had some left. Talked hubby into taking a look at them. We ended up putting a deposit on the little sweetie.

Here he is...GSD x Treeing Walker Coonhound...isn't he adorable? We get to pick him up at the end of the month.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h189/DragonTush/More_pup___milly_pics_004_3.jpg

beckyrhae
06-18-2007, 04:57 AM
awww... he is cute! Although there is no such thing as an UGLY puppy.:teehee:

HamburgKnitter
06-18-2007, 05:00 AM
:inlove: Ohhhhh! :inlove:

KnittingNat
06-18-2007, 05:21 AM
What a sweetie pie!!!! Good luck and most of happiness with your new family member :hug:

Ronda
06-18-2007, 07:06 AM
:heart: I'm in love....:heart:

Doodknitwit
06-18-2007, 07:12 AM
Sorry for your loss of such a loyal dear friend and family member!! I bet Sherman approves of the little one who's coming soon

figaro
06-18-2007, 08:59 AM
:passedout:He is way toooo cute! I am not sure I would have been able to pass this little guy up either. I have never heard of Treeing Walker Coonhounds, what are they like?

baronreads
06-18-2007, 09:08 AM
Awwww, he's ADORABLE!! :heart:

Rainbow57
06-18-2007, 09:14 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss of Sherman. Its almost like I imagine losing a child. But I agree that Sherman will be watching over you and I'm sure that he approves of the new little one. He is just gorgeous. We lost our nealry 14 year old Zeus 2 years ago and getting a new puppy reminded me of how much work it is - toilet training, training, chewing.... I think they are made cute so we forgive them all the work they are LOL. Its so worth it though isn't it? 3 months of intense training, and the rest is downhill.

wewantmore
06-18-2007, 09:22 AM
:inlove:
Oh he is so cute. Congrats on the new member of your family.

Michelle

Kaydee
06-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Awwww:heart: I want a puppy so badly, I'm like a 5 year old.:teehee:

feministmama
06-18-2007, 11:22 AM
oooOOOoooo I need a heart melting smilie person. I've never heard of that kind of dog but with sweet face like that how can you go wrong!!! So sorry you lost a lovely greyhound (i love greyhounds too) but this puppy should make up for that loss 100x over. Have fun!

Miss Kittie
06-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Sorry to hear about Sherman..
But your new member of the family is sooooo cute....
Bet ya can't wait to take him home..

.http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b285/Gato2perro/smiles/th_thcottondog.jpg (http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b285/Gato2perro/smiles/thcottondog.jpg)

DragonTush
06-18-2007, 12:01 PM
Thanks everyone! WE have been x'ing the calendar in anticipation of the day he comes home to us.:happydance:

Figaro...neither had I! I guess the neighbor breeds them. They look a bit like a big beagle. This little guy looks more like his shepherd mom.

feministmama...Sherman was a great dane but after looking at his pic with new eyes I could see how you would think he was a greyhound. Danes do have greyhound in their breeding way back when...

Thank you to everyone who expressed sympathy for the loss of our big goober. He has been sorely missed here.:cry:

Calabaza
06-18-2007, 12:06 PM
DragonTush, I am soo sorry for your lost. Your Dane lived a long time!! My husband and I just bought a Great Dane and they are wonderful! I have heard of that kind of Coonhound! THey are great dogs and he is really cute!

Braden
06-18-2007, 04:18 PM
He's so cute! I wouldn't have been able to resit him, either.

samm
06-18-2007, 05:16 PM
You are so lucky! We had a Walker hound that we rescued,and named Gracie. She was the biggest silly around, totally adorable and very loving. I hope your little guy is just as wonderful! What will you name him!? Our Gracie was a tri colour beauty. samm

DragonTush
06-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Samm ..can you let a walker off leash? Do they train easily? I've never owned any kind of hound before so I'm a little concerned that I'm going to take him to the off leash area and lose him. I mean we are going to train him (diligently) but I'm still worried.

We are planning on naming him Walter. He just looks like one, plus we tend towards naming our pets after M.A.S.H. characters. We've had a Hotlips and a Radar...my hubby had a Hawkeye. Our dane was Sherman. Granted our cats we have now made it without MASH names but hey:shrug:

flea
06-19-2007, 04:15 PM
What an absolute charmer!

I had a dachshund and they're technically hounds. :) The biggest thing about him was that he followed that nose everywhere. He didn't look to see where he was going, he just snuffled right along.

iza
06-19-2007, 04:32 PM
YAY! Puppy picture! :cheering: He's so cute!

Jess_knit
06-19-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm so sorry for the loss of Sherman...but that new puppy is absolutely adorable! Walter sounds like a good name for him.

We lost our dog about a year ago, and got a new one several months later, but not a puppy; she was already well trained. Our very old cat also died recently, and I am hankering to find a new fluffy baby.

Who can resist puppies and kittens? :inlove:

debinoz
06-20-2007, 11:28 AM
I maintain my SIL's website and if you want to see some cuties.... go here:
http://foggybottombulldogs.com

I love the past puppies page!