PDA

View Full Version : July 21st, who's holding their breath?!

amy
06-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (http://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter-Deathly-Hallows-Book/dp/0545010225/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-1709584-4743862?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1182197982&sr=8-1)

:mrgreen:

AmandaC
06-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Me ME ME ME !!!!!

I can't wait , I'm soooo excited. I've just started Goblet of Fire - I'm making my way through all the books again!

Stiney
06-18-2007, 04:50 PM
I just started re-reading the first book again. :teehee: I is excited! :cheering:

Vendie
06-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Who's Harry Potter?

:teehee:

mintdee
06-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Vendie:passedout::shock: hehehehe

:woot:

Dilly
06-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Although I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, I'm more excited for FiberFest which is happening that weekend. :cheering: I'll be waiting until I'm back home in Canada to buy the book so I can have a copy that matches the rest of my HP books.

PixieKnits
06-18-2007, 05:34 PM
i most absolutely am! :)

Kaydee
06-18-2007, 05:53 PM
I can't wait!!!:woot::cheering::happydance::woohoo:

I'm going to have to brush up on the last book though to remind myself what happened.

HollyP
06-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Ooh ooh [raising hand] I am! I am ! I just started reading the first book too!! I can't wait!

psammeadred
06-18-2007, 06:31 PM
Me too! I'm going to my first ever midnight release. So exciting! I'm still looking for some Ravenclaw-appropriate cotton for a headband. (I am NOT doing wool in an Oklahoma summer.)

Who do you think will/won't make it through DH?

Will: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Remus, Tonks

Won't: Snape, Pettigrew, Lord Moldyshorts, Bellatrix Lestrange, Fenrir Greyback, Neville *sob*, Luna, Percy Weasley

AmandaC
06-18-2007, 06:59 PM
what about Draco???? will / won't

I don't think she could kill Harry .... too much uproar .... or could she ... I hope not

SandraEllen
06-18-2007, 07:00 PM
ooh... me! me! :cheering: I'll be upset if it doesn't show up on my doorstep when it's supposed to!

syndactylus
06-18-2007, 07:28 PM
me!
but thankfully I have another couple hundred pages of pynchon, another murakami, and then a bunch of monkey books, so the distractions are better than usual.

I heard she said she was offing Harry so no one could write continuations later, but if that were true I would doubt she meant it because that would kill some of the suspense.
I wouldn't really mind if she did. Bu I don't want Snape to die, though he probably will.

Renoah
06-18-2007, 07:37 PM
Me! :woot:

And no matter how hot it is, I'm wearing my Ravenclaw house sweater and Quidditch socks to the big downtown HP bash. It should be cool enough to wear a wool sweater and socks by midnight, right? :hot:

Braden
06-18-2007, 10:16 PM
ME!!! I have it pre-ordered, and I can't wait to read it.

Duckling326
06-18-2007, 11:27 PM
I have mine pre-ordered as well but need to finish book 5 and 6 again. But I am so into knitting I can't stop to read! In fact, my book 5 is at work, can't read it if it's at work! Silly me.... Now I'm thinking of just reading book 6.

I won't be getting mine on release day, a couple days after.

Lisa_H-Town
06-19-2007, 01:02 AM
Very excited... This whole series has been something me, my son and husband will all read and discuss. My husband works at a huge chain store, so usually brings them home the same day. It is funny how secretive and protective they have to be with the books... they get them a couple of days before the release, and have to be VERY careful. You would think it was like top government secrets or something!! :rofling:

Looking forward to the next movie as well. :thumbsup: I have been overly impressed w/ how well they have taken the written descriptions in the book and put them to life... being a Stephen King fan, I have had more than my share of disappointments with book to movie experiences.

Have heard the rumours of Harry being offed as well... But not sure how there could be a good vs. evil acceptable outcome if that happens. ??? Unless they both die...

But have to agree, I should re-read the last one before I start the new one.... my memory isn't what it used to be.:pout:

misstialouise
06-19-2007, 01:52 AM
OMG.. I can hardly restrain myself!

I would LOVE to go to a midnight release... but I don't think in the dead of winter (go Australia!) that it's really adviseable, lest I end up with a cold and feel too sick to read :D

WOO!!!!

HamburgKnitter
06-19-2007, 02:31 AM
I've had my copy pre-ordered on Amazon for at least six months now. I can't wait!

Supposedly there's a new book coming out later in the summer called "Tunnels" that will appeal to the Harry Potter fans (who by then are in mourning because there's no more books coming). I'll be sure to check that one out too! Unfortunately I can't remember the author's name and didn't think to write it down when I read the article about the book.

mulene
06-19-2007, 05:40 AM
would it be a shock if I said I'd never read a Harry Potter book? =D

AmandaC
06-19-2007, 06:26 AM
:noway:

That's ok Mulene .... I've read mine enough times to take up your slack :teehee:

misstialouise
06-19-2007, 06:26 AM
would it be a shock if I said I'd never read a Harry Potter book? =D
:passedout:

I didn't think there was such a thing!!

Ronda
06-19-2007, 07:06 AM
Me!!!!!!!!

dakatzmeow
06-19-2007, 08:59 AM
i can't wait. i think i'll go to the store at midnight so i can get my copy.

i took the day off work so i can read all day.

Ronda
06-19-2007, 09:09 AM
i took the day off work so i can read all day.

Now that's about the best idea I've heard in a LONG time!!!

I pre-ordered mine from Borders, but I think it's supposed to be mailed to me. I think. I hope!

I do NOT want Harry to die. I think the poor kid deserves a break. I hope Hagrid doesn't die either. If either of those two die, I'll be heartbroken. I'm actually going to be a little sad when the whole thing is over anyway...

Eloewien
06-19-2007, 09:26 AM
I work till 11:30pm, so I'll be hitting up walmart (that's where I managed to get a copy of book 6) at midnight that night!!!

newamy
06-19-2007, 09:46 AM
I can't wait either. Knitting will be put on hold as I read and read and read. I just re-read Half Blood Prince. It was my second reading so picked up a few details that I had forgotten. There is much analysis in my office. I read on JK Rowling's web site that though she hesitates to admit it, this is her favorite book. Which gives me hope of things coming out right. At the end of Prince I was a bit down.

AmandaC
06-19-2007, 10:34 AM
I would like for Snape to be a good guy in the end .... don't know if that could happen .... oh and for Dumbledore to only be pretend dead!!!!

Wishfull thinking :teehee:

Stiney
06-19-2007, 11:16 AM
I want Snape to be good, too, because I want him to be a more complex character. I want him to be one of the villains I can respect, even though I don't like the things he does. I've always seen him as a Javert sort of character, and to have him just be a baddie through and through would make me feel sorta cheated.

I have no desire to go to a midnight release party. :ick: I worked at B&N when Half-Blood Prince came out. I have never cashiered so fast in my life. :shock:

PaperGirl
06-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Meeeeeeeee! My oldest is MAAAAAAAAD at me, cause I preordered it on Amazon, and it will get here when she is gone to her Dads over the summer.

AmandaC
06-19-2007, 03:25 PM
I don't want to go to a party either ... .I just want to get the book and go ... I'll be in Chicago and my book will be arriving at my house in the UK ...... I'll have two books - the US and the UK version

DQ
06-19-2007, 03:41 PM
My mum has it pre-ordered as a birthday present...but my birthday is in SEPTEMBER!!! :help: I've no idea if she will be nice and give it me before then. She's also bought the rest of the set for me. I've been borrowing them off my brother previously.

Stiney
06-19-2007, 04:14 PM
I have all the original hard covers. I've been buying them as they came out since book 3; 1 and 2 we got from the library. Mom and I were the first people on the waiting list because the librarian loves us. :teehee:

Belphoebe
06-19-2007, 04:44 PM
I can hardly keep myself busy enough so I don't think about it. I hope they have a midnight party near me!!! Only how many more days?? :thud:

mulene
06-19-2007, 06:44 PM
:noway:

That's ok Mulene .... I've read mine enough times to take up your slack :teehee:

:chair::yay: Glad to hear it hehe :teehee: I really SHOULD get to read them sometime. I've seen one of the films, it was pretty good =D

PCwombat
06-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Ooo!! I cannot wait!!! I'm going to both the book and movie midnight releases!! I took off from work both those nights and the next morning.

KH is going to be so quiet on the 21st! I know I've made it a plan to never ever go online until after I'm finished. Too many annoying people out there. (But, then again, I also read fast, so I'll probably have it done by the afternoon on the 21st.)

Jan in CA
06-19-2007, 08:57 PM
I can't wait!! :cheering::cheering:

traceleighj
06-20-2007, 08:39 AM
I am so excited! I work at a book store part-time and I was first on the list for reservations- on December 26th. I have had a countdown on my calendar since it was announced.

The funny thing, I found the announcement of the release on the internet, checked all of the reliable sources (Bloomsbury and Scholastic) and called my store and broke the news to them!

I will work the release party (I am plainning it), get home about 2:30 in the morning, and read all night long (with my box of tissues- I will be crying cover to cover!) and then probably go back to work the next morning.

:blooby:

Yarnlady
06-20-2007, 10:15 AM
I heard she said she was offing Harry so no one could write continuations laterIn a place where ghosts run rampant and portraits of the dead talk, even if you kill a character off, they still can participate in the story! :teehee:

I'm looking forward to both book and movie this summer. My best friend, Frank, his husband and I are planning to go to the midnight party and stay up the rest of the night listening to the book. We do the audio books. Although I love reading, I just don't allow myself the luxary of sitting and reading.... If I have it on CD I can listen while doing everything else I have to do!:-P

carmabelle1191
06-22-2007, 09:05 AM
My friend is making me re-read all of the books to make sure that I'll read the last one! I told I'd think about it...may cut into knitting time. :teehee:

BostonBecca
06-22-2007, 10:23 AM
I am! But not until after the bar exam! It's unfortunately July 23,24,25 this year for me! I can't read it until the day the bar exam is over! It's so frustrating me. I better not hear anything about what happens in the last book and so will be avoiding all news of any form, all people, and all internet. I can't wait for July 26! The 25th night will be devoted to celebrating the bar exam being over with friends, but the next few days will be Harry Pottering and packing the rest of my apartment and moving! I can't wait!

I already reread all the books in the last month. I figured I needed to get that done before studying really began.

It's always been my theory...[mod has moved this paragraph to new thread on "plot speculation"]

Nitaks2
06-22-2007, 10:37 AM
Me!!!!!! I can't wait to get my hands on the last HP book, believe that!!! Big time!!!- Let's just say I'd dearly like to see Voldie get his butt knocked off his totem pole and cut down to size or whatever...

And that Harry doesn't get killed in the process, of course...I think he's been through entirely TOO much, and deserves better than what he's been dished...

As for where I'll get my copy? Depends on who's got the best price...(I'm thinking either Wal Mart...or maybe Dillon's...I checked out Blockbuster's deal..and figured it would cost more going that route than buying it outright...- Our local Blockbuster has a deal where you rent six new releases, then you can buy the last HP book for $12.97...- I figure I can get it maybe for less than $20 at Wal Mart or Dillons..)

Nita

Nitaks2
06-22-2007, 10:45 AM
I work till 11:30pm, so I'll be hitting up walmart (that's where I managed to get a copy of book 6) at midnight that night!!!

That's how I got mine...I went and did the book party...anyway, at the last minute, I did one of the kiddy puzzles and got a $5 gift card, so I got MY copy of book six for less than the $16.95 they were selling it for that night!!...Call me stupid,but, I didn't want to accept that gift card- I was trying to find a little kid that didn't have a gift card..( With the way the lady did it, before she was finished, all the kids had gift cards, and she still had several left over- which the adults were winning...- to explain, I didn't feel right taking one of those gift cards..because I thought the kids needed that gift card more than I did...- And, quite honestly the ONLY reason I DID end up taking the gift card was that there was one woman there that already had FOUR, and she was going for mine, and I thought THAT was greedy and wrong..SO, I dug in my heels and went ahead and accepted it- but,only after I was sure a little kid wasn't going to be going with out or whatever!

Nita

Nitaks2
06-22-2007, 10:48 AM
what about Draco???? will / won't

I don't think she could kill Harry .... too much uproar .... or could she ... I hope not

Ugh..don't even get me started on that subject...sad,but true...at least to me, Draco's more tolerable than Ron Weasley...but, still I wish someone would plant a boot up both their keesters while someone's at it...a nice steel toed cowboy boot...if they make 'em, that is...

Nita

brendajos
06-22-2007, 11:11 AM
What I want to know, is how many people are going to read the end first? :teehee:

Stiney
06-22-2007, 11:43 AM
NOT me!

AmandaC
06-22-2007, 12:02 PM
oh no - I couldn't read the end first ... :fingerwag:

Kaydee
06-22-2007, 12:45 PM
What I want to know, is how many people are going to read the end first? :teehee:

Not me, I want to be totally surprised!

ChroniclesofYarnia
06-22-2007, 12:57 PM
I am trying to decide "how" to read it at this point. Do I go slow, soaking in every minute of the last book ever, or do I speed read through it, cry, then go back and give it a proper reading?

My need to know will probably trump the savoring. Not to mention I am reading every single spoiler I can get my hands on. (They have all been junk so far, though. Nothing actually plausible.)

chrislt8
06-22-2007, 11:32 PM
Ready for a laugh? I have been studiously trying to "ignore" the HP fanfare just because I want it NOW so much I am trying to keep it out of my mind (kind of like when we were kids trying to go to sleep FAST Xmas eve so the morning would come quicker :lol:). But, here on my nice little knitting forum what did I stumble over but this thread...so...I accepted the inevitable and got myself all psyched up, went and pre-ordered the book - but SOMEHOW :doh:got it in my head that it was coming THIS WEEKEND - even planned my Saturday for plenty of reading time. The fog (or should I say fug) just cleared and I realize I have to wait ANOTHER WHOLE MONTH :waah::passedout::passedout:

We really need one of these supersized emoticons for our DUH moments LOL

Jan in CA
06-23-2007, 12:50 AM
When we get the book from Amazon there will be THREE of us here who will be clamoring to read it! Yikes! I'm fastest, my daugher will be at work (hopefully) so it'll probably be me...although we have discussed us all reading it once with separate bookmarks. :teehee:

Braden
06-23-2007, 02:19 AM
I'm the only one that likes the books, but both my aunts, and my mom love the movies. I like the books more than the movies, but I always go see them.

Ronda
06-23-2007, 12:14 PM
I'm the only one that likes the books, but both my aunts, and my mom love the movies. I like the books more than the movies, but I always go see them.

I agree. While I do like the movies, I think the books are so much better.

karendawn
06-23-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm going to a midnight release party - I picked the bookstore that was closest to my house so that as soon as I get my copy I can run out the door and home to start reading. I should be finished by early afternoon (that's what I did with books 5 and 6). I don't want to take the risk of overhearing anyone talking about it and getting any spoilers, so I will shut myself off from everything while I read it.

I currently have a Gryffindor scarf to wear and I've just started a Quidditch sweater. I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish it in a month (it's my first sweater), but if so, I'd love to have it to wear to the party, even if it will be quite warm.

DQ
06-23-2007, 06:40 PM
I've been to my mums today and got the 6 to read...but she said that I do have to wait til September to get book 7 :pout:

AmandaC
06-23-2007, 07:55 PM
I've been to my mums today and got the 6 to read...but she said that I do have to wait til September to get book 7 :pout:

hmmm - if it was me .... that would mean I would have two copies .... one of my own and then the one I got for a present 2 months later ... keeping schtum about already having a copy of course ... don't want to hurt Mum's feelings :teehee:

Shandeh
06-23-2007, 11:43 PM
When we get the book from Amazon there will be THREE of us here who will be clamoring to read it! Yikes! I'm fastest, my daugher will be at work (hopefully) so it'll probably be me...although we have discussed us all reading it once with separate bookmarks. :teehee:

I can see it now.
"I'm reading faster than you!"
"No you're not....give me that book!!!"

misstialouise
06-24-2007, 05:25 AM
I can see it now.
"I'm reading faster than you!"
"No you're not....give me that book!!!"

BWAHAHAHA I live on the otherside of the world!! So technically *I'll* have it first!!!

hehehehehehhehehehehe

DH knows he's on baby duties for the whole day that day...

Oh the teasing I can do!!!!

hehehehehhehehhehehehhehe ;)

:psst:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:out:

hehehehehhehehehehhehe

DQ
06-24-2007, 02:04 PM
hmmm - if it was me .... that would mean I would have two copies .... one of my own and then the one I got for a present 2 months later ... keeping schtum about already having a copy of course ... don't want to hurt Mum's feelings :teehee:

Hmmm...now there's an idea...:think:

Shandeh
06-24-2007, 06:06 PM
I need to re-read all the other books again, because I read them all in such a fury when I bought them before. :teehee:

I know I'll be completely confused about certain characters and situations if I don't.

Stiney
06-25-2007, 09:49 AM
I started my re-read a week ago Sunday, figuring with the job and World of Warcraft I'd need plenty of reading time.

I started Order of the Phoenix yesterday. :oops:

Nothing "new" struck me, even re-reading book 2 in the light of 6, except that Dumbledore is TOTALLY Gandalf. (Okay, that's not really new, either, but he does quote him almost exactly. "Death is the next adventure.")

Rorshach
06-25-2007, 10:36 AM
DW really is going nuts waiting for the book. though she takes a while to read them. Me, i don't just read a book, I devour it. yeah, she wants to read it first, so that there isn't a possible spoiler from me. At nearly 600 pages an hour and a near photographic memory, I'd do just that, even though I didn't want to.

Shandeh
06-25-2007, 12:20 PM
I ruin it for my hubby too.... I get so emotional when I read, that I make "oohs" and "ahs" and "Oh my goshes" all the time. Of course, Marvin will say, "What happened?" Then, I'll say, "Are you sure you want to know?" And he'll say, "Of COURSE!" So, I tell him and then he says, "Oh my gosh!" too!

Stiney
06-25-2007, 04:06 PM
PS It is taking ALL my strength not to look in the "Deathly Hallows Spoilers" thread, even though I don't want to know the spoilers.

:twitch:

Kaydee
06-25-2007, 04:13 PM
PS It is taking ALL my strength not to look in the "Deathly Hallows Spoilers" thread, even though I don't want to know the spoilers.

:twitch:

Me too. I even went to the site, but then refused to read them and quickly clicked out.:teehee: Even though I don't want to know, its still tempting.

I'm going to use this (http://www.harrypotterfacts.com/_chapters.htm) site to review the books so I don't have to take the time to re-read them all. I need to just remember the overall details of them.

ChroniclesofYarnia
06-25-2007, 04:41 PM
I've been constantly re-reading, over and over again, for months. I don't actually sit down with a book, though. I've got all of the audiobooks (read by Stephen Fry, of course) on my mp3 player, and if I am cleaning I am listening, if I am knitting I am listening. In fact, the only time I don't listen is at meal, when I leave the house (though I listen then, too, sometimes), or when I am on the computer.

I am obsessed. I've even started listening to HP podcasts, which my husband teases me about. I draw the line at fan-fiction....at least until the story is over. ;)

AmandaC
06-25-2007, 05:39 PM
I started a couple of weeks ago - books 1-3 took me 2 weeks ... Book 4 took 2-3 days ... and now I'm on Book 5 (my least favourite)

I will NOT look at spoilers!

Ronda
06-26-2007, 05:32 AM
I'm not looking at the spoilers, either, but it's killing me!!!

Kaydee, thanks for that link! I was going to read through all the books again but I don't know if I'll have time!

BostonBecca
06-26-2007, 08:01 AM
Both of those spoilers could easily be fake. The first one could still be photoshopped.

Stiney
06-26-2007, 10:32 AM
Can we keep this thread spoiler free at least? I really don't want any. :pray:

chrislt8
06-26-2007, 06:30 PM
Yeah - I'd like to keep this thread "spoiler free" too - I want to read about HP, but not any spoilers:noway:...and it's killing me :gah:staying away from the other thread ...I WILL have willpower, I will, I will!

How about some speculation based on the books only? I'll start:
[Mod squad has moved this speculation to the new "personal speculation" thread]

Margie402
06-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Add me to the list. Mine's pe-ordered and, like last time I'll probably get it the day after it goes on sale. I don't need a crowd.

Last time the man in front of me and the man behind me in line were all buying Harry Potter books. For ourselves.

I also love to listen to them.

Does anyone know how different the Americanized version is from the British (original)?

Margie

ScandaKnitvian
06-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Wow, so many HP fans here! Oh my, you DO know that could lead you into the practice of witchcraft, right??? JUST KIDDING! I can't believe how many times I've heard or read that. My kids think it's pretty hilarious. I mean, it's a story! And a good story at that.

What really has me scratching my head is that lots of people who avoid HP are avid Lord of the Rings/Narnia/other fantasy fans.

I'm having mine delivered to my house. If it's a day late, it's free, they say. My two teen girls will be buying theirs at a local grocery store as soon as it opens in the morning.

Happy reading, everybody!

Phaedra
06-26-2007, 09:16 PM
My mini household is excited! 7 yr old DS, DH and I are keeping a verbal countdown. I've read the books once, but DH has read them each at least 2 times. He works at Borders and has been in charge of HP events. I even helped him prepare for his wand making class.
He's in preparation for the release night. DS is autistic and recites whole movie passages, but isn't into the books...yet.
I love the cover of the UK adult edition. I'm thinking about getting for DH.

Jan in CA
06-26-2007, 11:46 PM

PLEASE! Do NOT post spoilers!! :?eyebrow:

Thank you, you may now continue the conversation. :teehee::hug:

traceleighj
06-27-2007, 12:37 AM
Does anyone know how different the Americanized version is from the British (original)?
Margie

Looking at SS vs. PS and they are very much the same with some minor changes for small things and what the British call things as opposed to the American term. Think lift and elevator.

amy
06-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Oh man, this thread is making me absolutely ache with anticipation. I just started re-reading book 6. I re-read the other ones for book 5, otherwise I'd totally start on book 1 again.

OMG, if she kills off Harry, it will send half the world into mourning! :shock: Seriously! ..But I have to admit, I've always pictured Harry and Voldemort both dying in the end. It seems poetic somehow since they have such a parellel to each other. I sure hope I'm wrong though, and Harry lives! :pray:

I'm a slow reader, so when the book is released, I'm not going any where near this thread for a week! Rorchach, holy cow, do you really read 600 pgs/hr.? :shock: That's incredible! :notworthy: I'm totaly jealous. Except for this month. :p

Good point. I'm starting a new thread for "Harry Potter plot speculation", and moving our spoilers/discussion there. ;)

Stiney
06-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Wow, so many HP fans here! Oh my, you DO know that could lead you into the practice of witchcraft, right??? JUST KIDDING! I can't believe how many times I've heard or read that. My kids think it's pretty hilarious. I mean, it's a story! And a good story at that.

What really has me scratching my head is that lots of people who avoid HP are avid Lord of the Rings/Narnia/other fantasy fans.

I'm having mine delivered to my house. If it's a day late, it's free, they say. My two teen girls will be buying theirs at a local grocery store as soon as it opens in the morning.

Happy reading, everybody!

My favorite is when Narnia gets banned for being un-Christian. It's like, um, hello? Aslan is totally an allegorical representation of Jesus!

AmandaC
06-27-2007, 11:54 AM
My favorite is when Narnia gets banned for being un-Christian. It's like, um, hello? Aslan is totally an allegorical representation of Jesus!

You know - I read the whole series of Narnia books when I was younger and never clicked .... it was only when the film came out last year (?) or whenever and there was talk about it being religous-ey that I realised!!!! :teehee:

AmandaC
06-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Hmmm...now there's an idea...:think:

another thought is to buy the Adult cover - presume your Mum will get the normal cover version .... :think:

ChroniclesofYarnia
06-27-2007, 12:49 PM
I think that HP will end up being a parable/allegory in itself. Jo has said she is a Christian, but flatly refuses to comment on the religious aspects of HP because," It would give too much away." Interesting, eh?

Shandeh
06-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Yeah....especially since the author was a Christian. :teehee:

Stiney
06-27-2007, 01:44 PM
You know - I read the whole series of Narnia books when I was younger and never clicked .... it was only when the film came out last year (?) or whenever and there was talk about it being religous-ey that I realised!!!! :teehee:

Me, too. :oops: :teehee:

Stiney
06-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Yeah....especially since the author was a Christian. :teehee:

An author's religion doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the book, and I generally disapprove of reading books/poems/plays/whatever within the context of the author's biography, but Lewis SAID it was an allegory. :teehee:

Shandeh
06-27-2007, 01:48 PM
An author's religion doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the book
SO true!
But it's funny that his own crowd is ganging up against him, isn't it? :teehee:

ChroniclesofYarnia
06-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Most of the Christian CS Lewis bashers do so because he was a member of the Inklings, a writers group at Oxford, that had atheists and agnostics in it as well. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but that's how it was explained when I asked.

Shandeh
06-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Most of the Christian CS Lewis bashers do so because he was a member of the Inklings, a writers group at Oxford, that had atheists and agnostics in it as well. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but that's how it was explained when I asked.

Strange...then WE should be criticized as well, because we have members of ALL KINDS of beliefs! :teehee:

Lady Violet
06-30-2007, 09:24 PM
DW really is going nuts waiting for the book. though she takes a while to read them. Me, i don't just read a book, I devour it. yeah, she wants to read it first, so that there isn't a possible spoiler from me. At nearly 600 pages an hour and a near photographic memory, I'd do just that, even though I didn't want to.

you two MUST be the perfect couple. :teehee:
i will hopefully be able to pre-order it this week. :cheering:
now let's just hope i can get through the first six (for the first time!) by the 20th. the 11th is my goal, and it might actually be possible, but OOTP by the 11th and HBP by the 20th would be okay, too.

AmandaC
07-01-2007, 04:36 AM
I'm on book six .... I can slow down now :cheering:

chrislt8
07-01-2007, 08:57 AM
I'm just finishing up 2...but have this week off work so should be able to make some real progress this week....only dilemma is knit or read??? lol

If I don't get as much reading in as I hope I will probably start skimming and then skip up to 6 around the 15th...want that one fresh in my mind before the new one is delivered :happydancing:

Eloewien
07-01-2007, 09:50 AM
I'm just trying to figure out where to pick up my copy on the way home... I get off work at 11:30 so I'll probably stop by a walmart or something. There are at least four of 'em on the way home, and one is in podunk, (oh wait- they all are to most of the world... but one more than the others) so I'm thinking of stopping there. I figure there will be some people in line, but hopefully it won't be too bad....

Lady Violet
07-01-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm just finishing up 2...but have this week off work so should be able to make some real progress this week....only dilemma is knit or read??? lol

do both! that's what i'm doing. it's actually pretty easy depending on what you're knitting.

I PRE-ORDERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheering: i didn't know you didn't have to pay anything to pre-order it. now i just have to have $20 in my pocket when i pick it up. :think:

i've got less than 100 pages left in SS, and when i finish it tonight i'm starting GOF. strange order, i know, but the friend i'm borrowing them from couldn't find POA and right now i'm not really going to worry about reading COS (yet).

misstialouise
07-01-2007, 06:31 PM
....only dilemma is knit or read??? lol

The beauty of audio books.. ;)

chrislt8
07-01-2007, 10:32 PM
The beauty of audio books.. ;)

Oh how I wish I could use the audio books...but I am hard of hearing so they just don't work for me :pout:. I envy those who can "hear their reading" and do other activities at the same time!

Lady Violet - my hat's off to you, no way I could knit and read at the same time, would take way too much coordination :roflhard:

AmandaC
07-02-2007, 08:13 AM
with the audio books - do you find you have to concentrate to listen .... I tend to drift off into other thoughts when I have them on .....

maybe I should copy mine onto my ipod for my 8hr flight later this month!!! .... I only have books 1-3 on cd though - still waiting for the others to come down in price....

Jax3303
07-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Yesterday at work I requested the 21st off so I can stay at home and read (I didn't tell my boss that's why I wanted off) and I just got the email that it was approved! :cheering:

AmandaC
07-02-2007, 10:42 AM
ok - I'm having a quandry now .... I could order the audio books of DH for half price ..... special offer price ..... do I .. .don't I ... I haven't got GOF, OOTP or HBP yet as they are more expensive .... should I take advantage of this super dooper price or wait for several years for it to come anywhere near this low again .... ummmm - ok .... question answered!!! :teehee:

Lady Violet
07-02-2007, 05:52 PM
ok - I'm having a quandry now .... I could order the audio books of DH for half price ..... special offer price ..... do I .. .don't I ... I haven't got GOF, OOTP or HBP yet as they are more expensive .... should I take advantage of this super dooper price or wait for several years for it to come anywhere near this low again .... ummmm - ok .... question answered!!! :teehee:

:roflhard:

that's what i would do. where are you getting it half price?

AmandaC
07-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Amazon - but the UK site

Lady Violet
07-02-2007, 08:04 PM
sweet. for you, anyway. :teehee:

the US amazon has it for $32 less than the original price of $80. not too bad.

AmandaC
07-03-2007, 04:25 AM
grrrr - how annoying .... the US full price is the same price as my half price!!! but do you have Stephen Fry doing the narration ....

ChroniclesofYarnia
07-03-2007, 08:26 AM
I've got my library reserving the first copy coming in for me, and had them order the Stephen Fry version. (He is SUCH a good reader!) I figure I will read the book a few times, and then let Stephen read it to me. An weep, of course.

AmandaC
07-03-2007, 08:28 AM
I ordered the UK version - all the others I have are Stephen Fry so I don't want to mix them up ... now my boys will get to 'read' the book too! - which is why I still need to get #4,5 & 6 for them .... unfortunately I think it would take me too long to read to them myself ... and reading outloud makes me yawn and gives me a sore throat!

VickiIL
07-03-2007, 09:21 AM
We have all 6 on audio books now....The kids and I have been listening to them whenever we are in the van. We are almost done with book 5! I also am working on getting them all loaded onto my ipod so I can listen to them while I clean, knit, etc....

We can't wait for the release. I will be going to pick up my copy afterwork on Friday. Unfortunately I have to work Saturday morning but that afternoon my mom and I are escaping for the weekend to do nothing but read!

Kaydee
07-03-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm going to go to the library tomorrow to get books 5 and 6 to refresh before I read Deathly Hallows. I really need to catch myself up. I hope I can do it by the time the 21st.:shock:

Anyone looking forward to the movie on the 11th? I like the books much more but I always like watching the movies to see how they are going to make certain things happen. I'm going to a midnight 3-D showing at the imax theater. I'm very excited!

syndactylus
07-03-2007, 12:47 PM
I am!
I'm looking forward to this one, I like the actress who plays Umbridge.
And of course Snape. Rickman has the best voice for Snape, I could listen to him be snarky for hours.

I reread all of them while I was sick last month and completely discard my former opinion about him and everything else though. Now I throw my hands up on it all. I had totally forgotten 90% of what happened in 6, and even at the time I wasn't really paying proper attention, I think I was sick then with the flu...
I am going to have to read it over again before the last.

AmandaC
07-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Oh my - how excited about the film!!!!!

I've had my tickets booked for over a month already!

I told my son that going to see the film would be his birthday treat!! :teehee:

Lady Violet
07-03-2007, 06:31 PM
i just all of a sudden remembered reading something about a harry potter special on tv. does anyone know the details about this? i think it's going to be airing this week.

misstialouise
07-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Oooh.. Alan Rickman...

Ooooh... Jason Isaacs.....

I could listen to both of them forever..... <swoon>

Why is it I have a thing for two of the baddies??? :S

Kaydee
07-05-2007, 10:57 AM
i just all of a sudden remembered reading something about a harry potter special on tv. does anyone know the details about this? i think it's going to be airing this week.

I know ABC Family is airing a Harry Potter Fan Weekend (http://abcfamily.go.com/movies/harrypotter/) where they show the first 3 movies this weekend. Could that be it?

Lady Violet
07-05-2007, 12:33 PM
i actually finally thought of googling it last night. it's airing on a&e on the 8th at 10 pm. the article i read said that a&e said they would probably be airing it over and over until the book release.

AmandaC
07-09-2007, 08:40 AM
well - I didn't time that properly at all :pout:

I finished book 6 this weekend and now I have 11 days to kill by reading something else!!!! I want my new book NOW!!!!

oh well - at least I'm seeing the new film on Saturday :cheering:

chrislt8
07-09-2007, 01:39 PM
Well - you still did better than me...I'm on Book 4 and want to get 5 & 6 re-read before the release as well...do I knit? do I read? Tried, but can't do both at the same time:-( If I am running out of time I'll just jump to 6 when I finish 4, but would prefer not too!

Stiney
07-09-2007, 03:16 PM
I started 6/17, to give myself plenty of time.

I finished on 6/30 on the plane. :shifty:

Nearly cried on the plane, too. :pout:

PaperGirl
07-09-2007, 03:30 PM
I know ABC Family is airing a Harry Potter Fan Weekend (http://abcfamily.go.com/movies/harrypotter/) where they show the first 3 movies this weekend. Could that be it?

It was on A&E.

I missed it. I forgot about it...:doh:

geekgolightly
07-09-2007, 04:19 PM
i haven't read any of the books. did see two of the movies, but was wondering how any of you could be anticipating a book that might kill him off? that breaks my heart just thinking about it. i read na interview with rowling wherein she said she walked into the kitchen crying after killing the character and needed to be consoled by her husband who asked if she was so upset why did she do it and she said she felt she had to.

i'm just imaging if one of my favorite characters were killed like that. i would be in absolute hysterics.

are you guys worried?

Shandeh
07-09-2007, 06:08 PM
Nah, I'm not worried. It's just a book....and a GOOD one! :teehee:

Belphoebe
07-09-2007, 11:16 PM
My neighbor's wife hates Harry Potter (I know...how uncool!), but isntead of going to the movie alone...he invited me to go! Woo hoo! :cheering: Tomorrow night at midnight, I'll be seeing OotP! Woo hoo!!!!:woot:

SabrinaJL
07-09-2007, 11:31 PM
I finally ordered my book today. I will not be watching tv/reading the internet/leaving my house until I've gotten and read the book. Somebody ruined the last one for me. She asked me if I had read OotP and I said no, because I had pre-ordered a copy but due to the fact that I ordered it in CA and was currently in NM, I hadn't been able to get it yet. Then she proceeds to say, "Well, I cried when _____ died." I was like :noway:"I SAID I haven't read it!!! What is wrong with you!?!?" :wall: Needless to say, I will be avoiding this person like the plague.

Shandeh
07-10-2007, 12:04 AM
...........she proceeds to say, "Well, I cried when _____ died." I was like :noway:"I SAID I haven't read it!!! What is wrong with you!?!?" :wall:

Is this person in the 4th grade or something? Jeesh!! :help:

Lady Violet
07-10-2007, 12:12 AM
i'm reading it for the first time. i've heard from several sources (the internet, a friend) that ____ dies, but i didn't know it happens in OOTP. thanks! :evil: :rofl:
(i tell ya, i genetically inherited this sarcasm, really i did! :teehee:)

geekgolightly
07-10-2007, 01:56 AM
Nah, I'm not worried. It's just a book....and a GOOD one! :teehee:

i get far too attached, i think. i remember reading a poppy brite book and bawling after someone died and talking outloud to the author WHY WHY HOW COULD YOU. :rollseyes: i'm embarrassed now, but while in the middle of it, it makes perfect sense to cry like a baby over words in a book.

brendajos
07-10-2007, 02:02 AM
i get far too attached, i think. i remember reading a poppy brite book and bawling after someone died and talking outloud to the author WHY WHY HOW COULD YOU. :rollseyes: i'm embarrassed now, but while in the middle of it, it makes perfect sense to cry like a baby over words in a book.

Have you ever read the book Misery? :teehee: I kid! I kid!

I accidentally gave away the ending of the last book to the girl who cuts my hair. We were talking about it and she was talking along like she read it. I said something about someone dieing and she gasps and says "____ DIED?!" :doh:

STOP TALKING TO ME LIKE YOU KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT IF YOU DON'T SHEESH! :wall:

she wasn't upset thankfully...lol

Dangles
07-10-2007, 02:56 AM
Eleven days and counting...

BostonBecca
07-10-2007, 08:19 AM
I have the bar exam on the 23,24,25th of this month. I won't be reading the book until the 26th. I am seriously considering driving to and from the exam site to avoid the T in Boston, where everyone will no doubt be reading and discussing the book. I am also going to avoid all news sources, my family, and everyone else in the world until the bar is over. Luckily I don't think anyone else taking the bar will have read it so they will be safe, which is good because I can't avoid them.

Kaydee
07-10-2007, 08:58 AM
"Well, I cried when _____ died." I was like :noway:"I SAID I haven't read it!!! What is wrong with you!?!?" :wall:

I did this to a friend by an accident, I didn't know she hadn't read it yet since she bought it when it first came out. I would've thought she'd read it by now. Oops!:oops:

Dangles
07-10-2007, 05:54 PM
I have the bar exam on the 23,24,25th of this month. I won't be reading the book until the 26th. I am seriously considering driving to and from the exam site to avoid the T in Boston, where everyone will no doubt be reading and discussing the book. I am also going to avoid all news sources, my family, and everyone else in the world until the bar is over. Luckily I don't think anyone else taking the bar will have read it so they will be safe, which is good because I can't avoid them.

Good luck on your bar! :hug:

mrspotter-tru
07-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Well, I tell you. I am totally staying away from spoilers. I want to be totally surprised. I have my ticket to OotP (squee), but the book, the beautiful book. Next Saturday. How can i be expected to wait that long? How I tell you. Oh, it is a cruel world.

Belphoebe
07-11-2007, 02:37 AM
I just got back from seeing OoTP. WOW! Great movie! Hope you all can see it! Not sure I'll be able to fall asleep for a while. Only 10 more days til book 7. :drool:

misstialouise
07-11-2007, 03:54 AM
My husband has read ALL the spoilers... and keeps taunting me ..

I've told him under pain of death he is not to reveal ANYTHING.

psammeadred
07-11-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm debating whether or not to go to a release party, because last year someone was driving around to the bookstores yelling "________ kills ________!"

If anyone tries that this year, I'll Avada Kedavra or Crucio them with my knitting needles!

Knitlee
07-11-2007, 09:11 PM
I will be standing online a the book store for the release. I am in the middle of rereading most of the series (read SS, OoP, am in the middle of CoS, will skip GoF, and go straight to HBP. Then, I will tackle DH, which I have heard was brief-under 800 pages:cry:)

Belphoebe
07-14-2007, 01:15 AM
Just finished reading HBP for the second time. All sorts of thoughts are running through my head about how the series could end. Needless to say I'm nearly pacing the floor in anticipation for next Saturday! :wall: Why won't time fly???

Lady Violet
07-14-2007, 04:31 PM
i actually hope it doesn't. i'm still reading OOTP for the first time and then i have to read HBP for the first time. yeah, i got started just a wee bit late. :aww:

SabrinaJL
07-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Have you ever read the book Misery? :teehee: I kid! I kid!

Hehe, I'm another one that gets VERY attached to books/characters. I re-read books a lot and if a character dies, I'll cry every time I get to that part. Which is weird because it's not like I don't know it's coming. On a book forum, my user name is "I'mYourNumberOneFan". My daughter says I'm creepy. :roflhard:

Eloewien
07-15-2007, 09:53 PM
I'll be at my local middle-of-nowhere walmart- there are actually four in the area, and i'll be at the brand-new least frequented one. Oh yea- at midnight of course!! I get off work at 11:30pm, so I may as well stop, it's less than a block out of my way... I don't know if there is any way I could drive by it knowing that they have DH!!!

miles
07-16-2007, 06:52 AM
My book will be coming via Borders, so I won't have to worry about crowds or spoilers at all...my mailman better not call off sick on Saturday..lol I'm a tiny bit obsessed with this whole HP phenomenon, I'm 41 and I don't care one bit how others in my family look at me..lol

misstialouise
07-16-2007, 07:28 AM
I'm a tiny bit obsessed with this whole HP phenomenon, I'm 41 and I don't care one bit how others in my family look at me..lol

Hehe.. I know what you mean. I'm more keen on HP than my niece and nephew!!

Yarnlady
07-16-2007, 09:20 AM
I'm a tiny bit obsessed with this whole HP phenomenon, I'm 41 and I don't care one bit how others in my family look at me..lolMy entire family is obsessed with it. Okay, one son is very interested rather than obsessed! :lol: My daughter took the day off work so she could go get hers and read all day. I'm spending the night at my BFF's house and we're going down to pick up the CDs and start listening in the car on the way home!

Youngest son and I will start listening to HBP today so we are all current when we get our stuff this weekend!

Kaydee
07-16-2007, 10:37 AM
I finally ordered my copy from Amazon, they guarantee it'll be at your home on the 21st or its free! (But I'd rather have it on time so I can start reading than have it for free).

Jan in CA
07-16-2007, 10:43 AM
My entire family is obsessed with it.

Same here!

I ordered from Amazon months ago and can't wait!

BostonBecca
07-16-2007, 10:47 AM
My entire family is obsessed. So obssessed that I am not talking to any of them until after the bar and I have read it. My little sister is getting my copy at their house from amazon and is reading it first, and then I will read it after the bar. At least if I can't read it she can enjoy it. Blegh.

PaperGirl
07-16-2007, 11:06 AM
I finally ordered my copy from Amazon, they guarantee it'll be at your home on the 21st or its free! (But I'd rather have it on time so I can start reading than have it for free).

I pre ordered mine WAY back in February. :nails::nails:

Im not sure how much longer I can wait. The REALLY REALLY sucky parts?

1. I was reading a LiveJournal community yesterday, and I saw someone with a cute icon, so I clicked on their profile, and they had pics of what looked like the last few pages HUGE all over their profile.

I was SO MAD. I ALMOST read some of it.....but the owner of the LJ had some revealing parts typed out so even before I could click out, I read something that I really hope they are just making up.
:hair:

Seems it a big thing on LJ now for everyone to have icons that have spoilers to ruin it for everyone. I have to watch EVERY place I read now.

AND...my 2 nephews are coming over tomorrow. Im not sure HOW much free time Ill have with 4 kids under the age of 6 here for a week. :hair:

AmandaC
07-16-2007, 02:21 PM
I pre-ordered mine on Dec 23rd 2006 !!!!!! :teehee:

but I won't be around to get it :pout: ... so I'm getting another copy - one will be US cover and the other the UK cover :cheering: maybe I'll just keep the UK one for good ... never read!!!

ChroniclesofYarnia
07-17-2007, 07:35 PM
Anybody avoiding spoilers should be careful where they go. The whole photographed book went up on the torrents yesterday and many sites are just posting spoilers and chapter summaries to get the site hits.

BostonBecca
07-17-2007, 07:41 PM
The ENTIRE BOOK?

Kaydee
07-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Anybody avoiding spoilers should be careful where they go. The whole photographed book went up on the torrents yesterday and many sites are just posting spoilers and chapter summaries to get the site hits.
:shock: I better be careful.

1knittychick
07-17-2007, 10:08 PM
My son is so excited he can hardly stand it. When's he is not at football practice, he is re-reading all the books. He is almost finished with book 6.

syndactylus
07-17-2007, 10:19 PM
that is so rotten.

I was feeling a little weird about my harry potter thing recently, especially as absolutely no one at my work has read any of them and they all have small children and we publish children's books, but then I remembered the weeklong uproar over Anna Nicole Smith and thought - it really isn't me who's the most loopy here, is it.

chrislt8
07-17-2007, 10:27 PM
I've dug myself into a media hole for the rest of the week - only sites I'll go to is THIS one :lol:

Didn't think I'd get them done, but just finished re-reading them all (started 4th of July weekend, so you know what I've been doing!)

My head is so full of HP right now (just finished HBP tonight) and the possibilities for the conclusion - I don't want it spoiled so just keeping my head down until Saturday's delivery :cheering::cheering::cheering:

PixieKnits
07-18-2007, 02:30 PM
two more days!!!!!

chrislt8
07-18-2007, 02:54 PM
http://www.fotosearch.com/thumb/RBL/RBL008/b11709.jpgHolding my breath!!!!!!!

misstialouise
07-18-2007, 07:10 PM
omg omg omg ..

I can barely stand the anticipation!!! I'm re-re-listening to HBP on audio book for the next couple of days.. just to tie me over :D

SabrinaJL
07-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Earlier when I was on a site I saw a thing that said the ending had been leaked online. I'm thinking of shutting off my computer until I've read the book. The only problem with that is I wouldn't be able to come here and I don't know if I can handle that. :teehee:

PCwombat
07-18-2007, 08:46 PM
SabrinaJL, people have been posting what they are claiming is the entire scanned book.

I'm sooo afraid of spoilers. I'm trying to avoid all of the potential spots for them. Like, wikipedia and some communities on livejournal.

Stiney
07-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Or my jerk friend who texted me a possible spoiler today?! :grr: My response was not so nice, and he was all "Bwaaa?" Stupid :!!!:-er!

misstialouise
07-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Is it Saturday yet?

Lady Violet
07-18-2007, 10:11 PM
what am i doing on KH?!? :shock: i have some reading to do!

:out:

BostonBecca
07-19-2007, 12:19 AM
I am not coming onto this site from saturday until after the bar exam because I am avoiding all internet, including probably even my email until after the bar is over and I have read THE BOOK so not to have it ruined. I'm not listening to the radio, I'm staying in my car on the ferry to the mainland saturday night, I'm not reading any papers and I still think someone is going to spoil it for me.

psammeadred
07-19-2007, 08:57 AM
SabrinaJL, people have been posting what they are claiming is the entire scanned book.

I'm sooo afraid of spoilers. I'm trying to avoid all of the potential spots for them. Like, wikipedia and some communities on livejournal.

Interestingly, though, several of the "leaked books" that have been posted online are very different, according to the news. So don't believe anything you read!

1 day 16 hours!

Jackie M.
07-20-2007, 10:44 AM
I'm reading it now! Working in a library has it's advantages :happydancing:

ChroniclesofYarnia
07-20-2007, 11:50 AM
I can't wait to hear Stephen Fry read it to me. I've gotten so much out of the books since I started listening to him bring them to life.

Jan in CA
07-20-2007, 12:02 PM
OMG! I just checked Amazon and my book shipped! And not only has it shipped, it may be be here today!

Kaydee
07-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Mine is so close too!! Only a few towns over!

LeslieA
07-20-2007, 01:14 PM
I went to barnes and noble this morning and got my wristband....I am in the first group of 50 woo hoo!!!! I am gonna read it all the way to the concert tomorrow night, read in the car that is...lol

Leslie

PaperGirl
07-20-2007, 01:40 PM
OMG! I just checked Amazon and my book shipped! And not only has it shipped, it may be be here today!

Mine is RIGHT HERE IN WACO RIGHT NOW.

BUT...we wont get them till tommorow, Jan. I know this cause I have a yarn package out in UPS right now too...and ITS shipping status says Out for Delivery. My HP book says Destination Scan.

:nails::nails::nails::nails:

Really, we cant have in untill tomorrow anyway...if Amazon or UPS was to give it to us today, they could be in alot of trouble.

BostonBecca
07-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Mine shipped too. My little sister will be very happy when she gets home from her riding show/competition and gets to read my copy.

Kaydee
07-20-2007, 01:44 PM
Mine shipped too. My little sister will be very happy when she gets home from her riding show/competition and gets to read my copy.

Aw, sad you won't be able to read it. But good luck on the bar exam! Just think when you're done you can destress and read HP!!

Jan in CA
07-20-2007, 01:45 PM
Really, we cant have in untill tomorrow anyway...if Amazon or UPS was to give it to us today, they could be in alot of trouble.

You're right. :waah:

PaperGirl
07-20-2007, 01:46 PM
There it is....just waiting for me...calling me...

"Come geeeeeeeeeeeeet me..........put the knitting dooooooooowwwwwnn........... Come crack me open........come reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddd meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

:hair:

Jan in CA
07-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Apparently yours departed twice. :roflhard:

BostonBecca
07-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks.

I know the bar is way more important, and I am so glad my little sister and brother will not fight over the book this way. He can read the family's copy and she can read mine. Then I can read mine, and everyone is mostly happy.

Really, I'm promoting world peace here and should get a prize, right?

Thanks for the good luck wishes!

PaperGirl
07-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Apparently yours departed twice. :roflhard:

Neither one of them made it here. :nails::roflhard:

Becca! GOod luck on the bar! :hug:

psammeadred
07-20-2007, 07:16 PM
Just got back from Borders, picking up my wristband! I'll be in the second group of 150 people to pick up their book. :happydance:

Jan in CA
07-20-2007, 08:01 PM
STOP DRIVING AROUND IN CIRCLES AND BRING ME MY BOOK!! :?eyebrow:

:teehee: I know they can't, but I had to laugh when I saw this. So do you think UPS will be delivering books in the middle of the night? :think:

Eloewien
07-20-2007, 08:23 PM
three and a half more hours for me...

amy
07-20-2007, 11:57 PM
LOL Jan!

BostonBecca, Good luck on your exam!! I'm sending you non-spoiler vibes.

I'm going to need them too, because it looks like it will be a few weeks before I get to read it. There's been a lot occupying my attention this last week (a death of a friend) and it will continue to occupy me (I'm organizing a memorial) for another week. This put me behind on my re-reading of Book 6...I've barely started it! So, I can't imagine getting to the new book until mid August or so. Not that I mind...as long as I don't come across spoilers!

Sheldon and I saw the Order of the Pheonix at the Drive In last Saturday. :thumbsup: OMG, I have a huge crush on the mature Daniel Radcliffe.
Oooh, do that passionate-anger thing again Daniel...*sigh *:flirt::teehee:

Eloewien
07-21-2007, 12:32 AM
GRRR! even out here in the middle of nowhere they cut off the line a few hours ago- sold out everywhere :verysad: still up for preorder on amazon tho, so I will have it tuesday

Shandeh
07-21-2007, 01:09 AM
I am SO LUCKY!!!
My hubby stood in line for me tonight and got the book.

(I've been stuck in bed for the past two days with a bad back.)

Good luck to the rest of you on getting your book!

Amy, I had a crush on Wood in the first movie. That Scottish accent gets me every time. :inlove:

UnspeakableJoy
07-21-2007, 02:17 AM
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb21/UnspeakableJoy777/Harry%20Potter%20Knits/IMG_2325.jpg

And I have a massive headache :ick: We went to a HP party at our local Barnes and Noble ... by far the most crowded midnight HP book release yet ...

Here's my girl fast asleep on a bench at about 11:47pm ... she's using her HP PoA scarf as a pillow, and my Dark Mark scarf is right next to her ...

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb21/UnspeakableJoy777/Harry%20Potter%20Knits/IMG_2324.jpg

My boy has his book and is snuggled in bed reading away ... I'm also going to bed ... to SLEEP! :)

Kaydee
07-21-2007, 12:55 PM
My book was just delivered!!!!!! I was so nervous that I'd have to sit home all day and wait for it. Now I'm going to lock myself in and start reading!

beckyrhae
07-21-2007, 03:12 PM
We went to Barnes and Noble last night. Got there about 11:45 and saw the manager that is a good friend of ours and ask if they had enough. He grinned and stated... "I have more than enough." Walked out with my copy about 1:00. It was crazy! There were some awesome costumes here though. One girl was dressed as Moaning Myrtle, she had a toliet seat around her neck... :)

I will confess... I never finished The Half Blood Prince (that was about the time I discovered knitting... and you cant knit and read at the same time!) So even though we bought two copies, my husband has hid mine until I'm finished with THBD... so I need to jet.

Duckling326
07-21-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm still waiting for our UPS TRUCK!!!!! Ahh going crazy here, good thing I have some knitting to do!

sugarfunpouch
07-21-2007, 05:49 PM
I just got the book, I'm almost done!

Duckling326
07-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Mine arrived I thought was going to be USP but instead arrived in our mail box. BBL when I'm done!!

Kaydee
07-21-2007, 07:32 PM
I don't know if its just me but I want to read super slow (even though I'm dying to know what happens) because I just don't want it to be over!

Jan in CA
07-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Same thing happened to me, Ducky. I don't know how long it was there before I went to get the mail. :nails: At least I have it now and have read a few chapters.... onward.. :cheering:

Jan in CA
07-21-2007, 08:33 PM
I just got the book, I'm almost done!

Make sure you don't leak any spoilers. Say NOTHING about the book except in the spoiler thread.

Duckling326
07-22-2007, 12:43 AM
I don't know if its just me but I want to read super slow (even though I'm dying to know what happens) because I just don't want it to be over!

I know I feel the same way, so far I'm only on chapter seven. Plus I don't want to feel like I'm missing anything.

Shandeh
07-22-2007, 12:45 AM
I'm making it last too. I read last night, and am just now reading again. I don't want it to end either!! :pout:

beckyrhae
07-22-2007, 05:05 AM
Man oh man... I finished the Half Blood Prince last night so I'm starting Deathly Hallows today and I'm with you Katie I'm going to read it slowly... I'm almost tempted to not start but I want to read it! I just hate that it is going to end. :(

Yarnlady
07-22-2007, 09:25 AM
and you cant knit and read at the same time!)I can! However, the easiest way to do it is to get the books on CD or tape. Check your local library for copies. I've never read the any of the books since OotP, just listened to them! I'm about half way through DH.

Yarnlady
07-22-2007, 09:28 AM
I don't know if its just me but I want to read super slow (even though I'm dying to know what happens) because I just don't want it to be over!I'm finding this one to be very intense. Although I'm listening I feel like I have to really concentrate on every word so that I don't miss a single nuance... :shrug:

Read over on J.K. Rowlings site that this is her favorite book and she wrote the other six books to tell this story....:star:

Duckling326
07-22-2007, 10:37 AM
I can knit and read at the same time. If it's an easy project. Yesterday I was knitting a headband and reading DH. Speeding right a long now on chapter 10......

zkimom
07-22-2007, 11:08 AM
I can't stop reading!

I'm halfway through and I have so much to do to get my kids ready for camp tomorrow but I can't . . . must . . . put down the book!:zombie:

I am trying to read more slowly but oh my! I just have to know what's next!

Eloewien
07-23-2007, 08:44 PM
It's on its way from kentucky- should be here tomorrow!!

Dangles
07-28-2007, 02:19 AM
I had chance to peruse both versions (US and CA/UK), skimmed some pages, the spelling is different. Ie. "honour" and "honor". The US version is near 800 pages... while the other is just a mere 606 pages. There are pictures too in the US version...

amy
07-30-2007, 11:42 AM
I wish they didn't have those pictures at the beginning of the chapters. They give away so much! Everytime I turn to a new chapter, I put my hand over the picture and title. All this trouble to avoid spoilers, and here they are in the book itself! :nails:

But I'm very much enjoying the book of course. :cheering: I'm half way through! I read a couple of hours on Fri & Sat nights, and spent half the day reading yesterday. (I'm no speed reader, that's for sure!) Can't wait to hop over to the spoilers thread when I'm done!

Ronda
07-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Slow reader here, too. I'm somewhere around page 350. I honestly can't figure out how the heck this is going to turn out, but I was TICKED when I went to my son's myspace page and one of his friends posted a spoiler!!!:tap: