PDA

View Full Version : Ravelry

BostonBecca
06-07-2007, 06:21 PM
I am going to be adding things over the next few days, but I am so excited! I have heard such good things!

I can't wait to keep playing with it.

I have to remind myself: must study for three day test instead of playing with ravelry!

My first thought after adding some info about my first project is that this is very cool, I love the ease of adding projects and the fact that the tempting popped up right away with tempting I and II for the pattern, it's very slick so far.

kristinw
06-07-2007, 07:08 PM
I hope I get mine soon. Seems like they are handing out a lot lately!

dakatzmeow
06-07-2007, 11:05 PM
ok. no clue what ravelry is. can someone 'splain?

BostonBecca
06-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Ravelry.com is a new resource for knitters. It's like a big community, you have a homepage where you enter all the details of your projects and it links you to all the other people who have knit/are knitting that pattern or using that yarn, etc. You can see pictures of ones other people have knit, get their opinions on the yarn that they have already entered, and bookmark people you know or whose knitting you find interesting to see what they are knitting. It's sort of like having everyone's blog in one place.

I should be updating my page later today.

RachelG
06-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Delurking to say that I've heard crocheters are welcome too. :lol:

('Cause that's what I am. Ooops...did I just say that out loud?!)

I signed up for an invite to see what all the fuss is all about but have settled in for a nice long wait, as I think my name is 14,786 on the list (so to speak).

Nobones
06-08-2007, 10:20 AM
How does one sign up?

Mariblue
06-08-2007, 11:07 AM
How does one sign up?

Here's the website for Ravelry.com (https://www.ravelry.com/account/login) . You scroll down a little on the right hand side and it says you can add your name to the list.
I signed up just a couple days ago, so it'll probably be a long wait for me. :hug:

BostonBecca
06-08-2007, 11:59 AM
I think I signed up over a month ago at least. Just to give you an idea. This was right before the buzz really began on blogs, knitting websites, etc, as in the day before I really started seeing a lot about it.

simplethings
06-19-2007, 02:05 AM
I finally received my Ravelry invite! I must've signed up for beta over a month ago. I've been uploading projects for most of the day but I have many more left. I think I'll take a break for now.

There are so many helpful functions. Hopefully more of you will be able to have the opportunity to check it out.

Haven't visited their forums yet. I don't want to be tempted to leave KH! :shock: hehehehe.

Here's my project page: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/simplethings

I'm not sure if you need to be a member to view it. If anyone else here has Ravelry, add me as a friend! :hug:

PS: Sorry the post seems so... fragmented. It's getting late and I've been typing, and researching knitting all day. :zombie:

HamburgKnitter
06-19-2007, 02:23 AM
Oooh, I can't wait till I get my invitation! :drool:

mulene
06-19-2007, 05:14 AM
Got mine too =D think I signed up around 8th May - they are still getting through those early May invites =D

mulene
06-19-2007, 05:24 AM
Becca couldn't find you - is your name bostonbecca there too or something else?

Ronda
06-19-2007, 06:38 AM
I got an invitation yesterday, too! It's very cool!

cathoo
06-19-2007, 06:46 AM
I hope I get mine soon. Seems like they are handing out a lot lately!
The couple who work on it have quit their day jobs to work on Ravelry. They are working on it full time now, and that's why more people are getting invites.

For their sakes, I really hope it does well!

mwedzi
06-19-2007, 07:29 AM
There's been tons of talk about it, but I think I will just wait until it's out of testing and generally open to the public.

kristinw
06-19-2007, 07:40 AM
Once everyone's in, they will need to post their name here so we can all find each other!!!

dakatzmeow
06-19-2007, 08:43 AM
:( i just added my name to the long list today. i didn't know anything about it until just now. can't wait to see others there. there's no such thing as too many knitting fora!

Eloewien
06-19-2007, 09:20 AM
My friend got her invite last week- I'm jealous!

Kaydee
06-19-2007, 09:31 AM
I only added my name about 2 weeks ago, I wish I had known about it sooner. I can't wait for an invitation!

kemp
06-19-2007, 09:47 AM
I signed up almost immediately and I just got my invitation on Sunday. My username there is "kemp"...pretty original, huh? :teehee:

mintdee
06-19-2007, 10:28 AM
I signed up almost immediately as well. Got my invite last week It is wild how many knitters signed up for this! :roflhard:

My user name is Mintdee.
:woohoo:

brendajos
06-19-2007, 10:31 AM
I got mine last weekend and I suppose I haven't had time to really look at it yet, but so far I am not in love. I am absolutely NOT a fan of Flickr so that bugs me a little bit and am finding it a little tedious to navigate around to find what I really want. Like I said though, it is very likely that I just haven't had enough time to get in there and really look around. Will definitely need to play with it more sometime.

knitwit628
06-19-2007, 11:16 AM
I signed up for it.... maybe 2 weeks ago? I can't remember but am excited to get my invite and test it out!

iza
06-19-2007, 12:22 PM
I got my invite!! :happydance: I got it yesterday but I had no idea what it was (I totally forgot about it). I thought it was spam! :doh:

rebecca
06-19-2007, 12:29 PM
Wow, I can't wait to get mine! I can't remember when I signed up...I'm sure it was in May, but who knows when! I have heard that at least one of my patterns is already on it though, I'm quite honored!!!

PaperGirl
06-19-2007, 02:44 PM
I got mine! Im PaperGirl there was well. Ive been adding my needles to the list..gonna work on the yarn and stuff later. Its SO neat!

kristinw
06-19-2007, 02:57 PM
I must be getting close. I signed up pretty early.

Kaydee
06-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Boy am I jelous of you all.

DianaM
06-19-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm DianaM ^__^

casey
06-19-2007, 04:05 PM
(It's Casey from Ravelry)

Sorry to hear that you are finding it tedious to navigate! It's supposed to be fun. As for Photobucket, Photobucket users have been a small but vocal minority on our site (so far) and we'll be supporting other photo options when we open. I wrote a little more about this in the Flickr vs Photobucket thread (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=58598http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=58598).

ADAllen
06-19-2007, 05:04 PM
How cool! I hadn't heard of this yet (must have missed it while I was in Europe). I signed up, but I suppose I'll have to wait a bit.:help:

mulene
06-19-2007, 06:39 PM
(It's Casey from Ravelry)

Sorry to hear that you are finding it tedious to navigate! It's supposed to be fun. As for Photobucket, Photobucket users have been a small but vocal minority on our site (so far) and we'll be supporting other photo options when we open. I wrote a little more about this in the Flickr vs Photobucket thread (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=58598http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=58598).

:waving: Hi Casey! Thanks for the invite, its very overwhelming with so much in there - I've added some books and one project. Now I need to find time to add more!

My name there is also Mulene :)

Jan in CA
06-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Well if I can't use Smugmug then I don't know if I'll participate. I've used them for years and I don't want to bother moving the photos. :doh:

Julie
06-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Rebecca, like you, several of my patterns proceeded me to Ravelry :mrgreen:

I think it's the best flippin' thing since sliced bread....seriously, I'm gobsmacked. It incorporates so many things that people have been vocally wishing for for ages. Especially as far as pattern and yarn information are concerned...the potential is absolutely amazing. Casey and Jessica really did their homework. :thumbsup:

I liken it to when KnitPicks came out with Options...for years people were saying "if only there was an interchangeable set like Addis" and they went and did it...and kudos to them for making a great business decision. In the same way, people have been saying things like "if only there were a database where I could search for patterns by yarn/gauge/whatever" and now, there is. I also find it so helpful to be able to search for others' projects when I'm considering starting a project, to see what their experiences and results were like. I've always done that in the past, using google searches, but this is sooooo much more streamlined and helpful.

(I'm heyjulie over there!)

dustinac
06-20-2007, 08:25 AM
I got my invite while I was gone..been diddling with it since I got home and have started to add some things... so far I am enjoying it.. my nickname is dustinac...

Are you guys going back and adding all projects? I had to start a flickr account so thinking I'll just stick with May/June projects and go from there :teehee:..

debinoz
06-20-2007, 10:17 AM
I don't have any photo accounts anywhere... does that mean I'd be SOL? :shrug:

brownishcoat
06-20-2007, 10:27 AM
Most photo sharing sites have a free membership. Just pick one and sign up!

BostonBecca
06-20-2007, 11:40 AM
My name is KnittingDefender on ravelry.

What is yours?

Add me as a friend if you like!

Julie
06-20-2007, 12:11 PM
Deb, you don't have to post photos...but it sure is fun! :D

meearnol
06-20-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm working on getting my stuff listed on there, but since I don't have a camera at the moment, it will be pretty bare bones for my projects. Oh well! My name on there is Megynn. Add me as a friend!! :cheering:

psammeadred
06-20-2007, 11:29 PM
I LOVE Ravelry! I'm psammeadred there too.

midnightskyfibers
06-21-2007, 02:26 AM
I'm midnightsky. I don't think I have it quite figured out yet though! O well :)

ArtLady1981
06-21-2007, 02:43 AM
I am going to be adding things over the next few days, but I am so excited! I have heard such good things!

I can't wait to keep playing with it.

I have to remind myself: must study for three day test instead of playing with ravelry!

My first thought after adding some info about my first project is that this is very cool, I love the ease of adding projects and the fact that the tempting popped up right away with tempting I and II for the pattern, it's very slick so far.

Thanks BostonBecca! :waving: I visited the Ravelry site, and added my email address to the "hope I can join sometime" list! Ravelry looks very interesting!

ArtLady1981
06-21-2007, 02:46 AM
My name is KnittingDefender on ravelry.

What is yours?

Add me as a friend if you like!

Hi Becca! How does one add you as a friend...after receiving the Ravelry invitation? All I say was the sign-up thing, and all it had was an email address to fill out, and/or a blog site.

Nanaof6
06-21-2007, 06:10 AM
I signed up just now , but what do you put for Blog? I left it blank cuz I didn't know??

By the way you must have to already be a member to click on anything.

Thanks so much for sharing . I love this site here but it's nice to have more than just one site to visit.Sparkspeople.com has a knitting team on it that I joined.

Nana,

BostonBecca
06-21-2007, 08:47 AM
If you don't have a blog, then just leave it blank! Or you could start one. I have been a bad blogger, and have to update tonight.

charmy
06-21-2007, 09:21 AM
I'm Charmy on Ravelry! Please add me :)

kristinw
06-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Yay!!! :cheering: I got my invite today!!! My name is kristin. I am going to add all of you now!

earthchick
06-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Yay! :cheering: I'm glad people are starting to get in! I somehow slipped in at the beginning of May, before the big waiting list began.

I'm earthchick over there, too. Please be my friends. :muah:

Lady Violet
07-11-2007, 11:52 PM
I JUST GOT MY INVITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay:
i may be just a little excited. :teehee:
i will definitely be setting it up tomorrow. right now i need to go to bed so i can get up in the morning. man. and i'm in between rows, too, so i can't say "one more row." bummer.
:sleepy:

ArtLady1981
07-12-2007, 03:14 AM
I JUST GOT MY INVITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay:
i may be just a little excited. :teehee:
i will definitely be setting it up tomorrow. right now i need to go to bed so i can get up in the morning. man. and i'm in between rows, too, so i can't say "one more row." bummer.
:sleepy:

Hi Lady Violet! :waving:

How long did it take from the time you applied to the time you were accepted?

Congrats! :thumbsup:

lissie
07-12-2007, 04:20 AM
I've been on Ravelry for a month and it's still as addictive. Add me if you're on there. I'm Lis (http://www.ravelry.com/people/Lis). :happydancing:

misstialouise
07-12-2007, 05:51 AM
I've just put my name down...it looks SOOO cool.

Ronda
07-12-2007, 06:28 AM
I'm "Ronda" there as well. I've added a few things, but not much. Have to get back over there and do some more with it...

kristinw
07-12-2007, 08:04 AM
Hi Lady Violet! :waving:

How long did it take from the time you applied to the time you were accepted?

Congrats! :thumbsup:

At this point it isn't really about when you signed up, it is about how many people there are signed up.

This is from their site and it as of July 7th:

Number of people in Ravelry: 4054
Number of unclaimed invites: 791
Number of people on the waiting list: 9802I believe they said by the end of this week, they should be up to those who signed up on 5/28. But the Yarn Harlot blogged about it and they got a TON more applications!!!

Keep in mind that they are still in the beta stage right now and that is why they aren't opening the floodgates. They are making changes everyday to get it ready for the masses of people so it doesn't crash!

This (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/This) is a blog they set up, if you want to check it out. They put news and updates there.

Jax3303
07-12-2007, 10:03 AM
after 2 months of waiting, I finally got my Ravelry invite this past Friday (7-6). I'm deeply addicted :) I'm PurpleYarn over there if you want to take a look at what I have up so far.

PaperGirl
07-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Have those of you who are on Ravelry seen the new Groups feature?

I'm looking for a Texas group, and wondering if there might be a KH group in the future? :woohoo:

DianaM
07-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Cool groups.
At the bottom it says "create your own group". Should we create a KH group?

PaperGirl
07-12-2007, 10:34 AM
I think we would have serious interest in it. :woot:

kristinw
07-12-2007, 10:39 AM
oooh, lets do it! I think a KH group is a great idea!

PaperGirl
07-12-2007, 10:41 AM
http://www.ravelry.com/groups/knitting-help

Still in the beginning stages. Please come join up!

BostonBecca
07-12-2007, 10:56 AM
I agree and I am joining right now.

PaperGirl
07-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Ive just sent invitations to everyone in this thread that posted their names.

If I missed someone....so sorry! Please dont take my yarn away!

kristinw
07-12-2007, 11:04 AM
:cheering::cheering:

AnaK
07-12-2007, 04:04 PM
I signed up for it as soon as I saw this thread in June. I Am hearing so many fun things about it I can hardly wait.:inlove: But the way things are going it may be when the site is open to the public:cry:

ready2knit
07-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Still waiting for my invite...

May I just share, that jealousy does not become me! :lol:

Jana

angel4ever
07-12-2007, 04:39 PM
:pout:I only signed up for my invite last week...
So it will be a while before I can get my official invite...:pout:

Sara
07-12-2007, 04:53 PM
:wall: I can't remember whether I put my name on the list or not. I was conflicted when I learned about this, since I was in the middle of my last semester.

I guess I'll put my name in and see what happens.

jmp3775
07-16-2007, 10:39 AM
Yay! I got my invite!
My screenname is the same :cheering:

Edited: My name there is mrsmattesky- sorry!

geekgolightly
07-16-2007, 10:45 AM
for anyone waiting you can look up your place in line.

here is mine

You signed up on June 4, 2007
You are #6616 on the list.
921 people are ahead of you in line.
10220 people are behind you in line.
33% of the list has been invited so farhttp://www.ravelry.com/antsy

BostonBecca
07-16-2007, 10:45 AM
You should join the Knittinghelp.com group on there and add us all as friends! My boyfriend just signed up and he is something like 15,423 on the list.

Do you people who are still waiting for your invitations know that you can now check where you are in the invitation process on the website?

Jan in CA
07-16-2007, 10:50 AM
:doh:Gonna be awhile.

brendajos
07-16-2007, 11:35 AM
ugh... every time this freakin frackin thread gets bumped i feel the need to go straight home and take pictures of my stash. :wall: I don't know that i will get real use of that site until i do. *sigh*

Jan in CA
07-16-2007, 11:37 AM
ugh... every time this freakin frackin thread gets bumped i feel the need to go straight home and take pictures of my stash. :wall: I don't know that i will get real use of that site until i do. *sigh*

Is that required or something? :??

debinoz
07-16-2007, 11:42 AM
I hope not... I don't really have a stash....

Friskums
07-16-2007, 11:44 AM
No, it's not required.

Really, nothing is. If you just wanted to have an account to look at other people's accounts, there's nothing saying you can't.

But, you'd probably end up taking advantage of some of the features at least. :) :teehee:

Jan in CA
07-16-2007, 11:49 AM
I'm thinking of using Picasa albums... will they be supported? I just really don't like many of the free ones. :shrug:

Friskums
07-16-2007, 11:57 AM
Right now, they aren't. I don't know if they will be or not. I know they'll be hooking it up with another photo hosting, but I don't know which one.

And, you'll also be able to link to ones you host on your own, at some point.

I don't really like Flickr and only got one because of Ravelry. But, as soon as I'm able to link to my own (or however they do it) I'm sure I'll be getting rid of my flickr account.

arrosa
07-16-2007, 12:20 PM
I'm green with envy. A friend of mine just got her invite and I'm still about 846 away....

The wait is torture. It looks like a fantastic site!!

Lucy

brendajos
07-16-2007, 08:42 PM
lol no sorry... that is just my own ridiculousness that makes me feel like i have to take pictures. Today a friend spurred me to take pictures for a site he is working on (I will tell you when it actually goes live! ;) ) so i finally did it. i didn't gete close to my whole stash but it was a good first effort considering i was doing this outside and it was 95 degrees out! I don't like flickr either and am looking for something to replace photobucket (*shakes fist at rupert murdoch for buying my photo site!*)... Drop shots was looking good but i don't think i can upload from my phone there... so i continue on. ;) However, for now, flickr is being used for my Ravelry pics. much to the chagrin of the people who are following my flickr account i am sure because there is nothing on there but yarn... :teehee:

(sorry a little ramble-y tonight...lol)

Sara
07-16-2007, 10:55 PM
Oh. Haha. Silly me. I guess I did decide this was a bad idea for me when I first heard about it. So I just put in my name. I am last on the list as of right now. Here are the stats:

Found you!
You signed up on Today
You are #17602 on the list.
11524 people are ahead of you in line.
0 people are behind you in line.
33% of the list has been invited so far
:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::doh:

Samsam
07-16-2007, 11:37 PM
I must now make my own knitting blog! I'll give blogging a go tomorrow:happydance:

Eloewien
07-17-2007, 01:04 AM
Found you!

You signed up on June 14, 2007
You are #9198 on the list.
3300 people are ahead of you in line.
8282 people are behind you in line.
33% of the list has been invited so far
I think I still have a while....

cathoo
07-17-2007, 06:27 AM
They let in more than 200 people between Sunday and Monday... some more of us will get in this week! :happydance:

IrishKnitter
07-17-2007, 09:31 AM
Sara, if it makes you feel any better, I am officially now last in line. :teehee:

You signed up on Today
You are #17776 on the list.
11698 people are ahead of you in line.
0 people are behind you in line.
32% of the list has been invited so far

Jan in CA
07-25-2007, 12:08 AM
:doh:Gonna be awhile.

I'm 786 people closer. :roll:
You signed up on June 19, 2007
You are #10069 on the list.
3493 people are ahead of you in line.
10122 people are behind you in line.
31% of the list has been invited so far

misstialouise
07-25-2007, 12:34 AM
Found you!

You signed up on July 12, 2007
You are #15873 on the list.
9131 people are ahead of you in line.
4488 people are behind you in line.
31% of the list has been invited so far:( :( :(

sheldon
07-25-2007, 01:56 AM
I got my invite yesterday, username knittinghelp! :cheering: So I am an official KH blackops spy infiltrating enemy territory (we need a ninja emoticon like the chat has! Would be perfect here!)

I've only had about 10 minutes of free time to check it out today. It's very impressive what they managed to put together. I am currently learning the programming language Casey used to create Ravelry (Ruby on Rails), so I've been curious what they managed to do with it. We've got some plans of our own for expanding the features of KH's community beyond the forum, so it's nice to see what they are doing and how they are tying it all together.

And if I might add...I checked out their forum and I think KH has them beat on that front. Definitely not as rocking or as fun looking as the KH forum.

- Sheldon

misstialouise
07-25-2007, 02:02 AM
We've got some plans of our own for expanding the features of KH's community beyond the forum, so it's nice to see what they are doing and how they are tying it all together.

Can I get in early and put my name down as a tester ?? ;) That way I may not have to wait for 9000 other ppl to get an invite.. ;)

sheldon
07-25-2007, 02:32 AM
Can I get in early and put my name down as a tester ?? ;) That way I may not have to wait for 9000 other ppl to get an invite.. ;)

Okay, I just added your name to the list of KH beta testers. You're number 9,312! I will email you when you're number is up.:)

misstialouise
07-25-2007, 02:41 AM
Okay, I just added your name to the list of KH beta testers. You're number 9,312! I will email you when you're number is up.:)

:passedout:

french kiwi
07-25-2007, 04:45 AM
just added my name too
what a fantastic idea!

ekgheiy
07-25-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm never going to be invited:

Found you!
You signed up on Today
You are #20487on the list.
13583 people are ahead of you in line.
3 people are behind you in line.
32% of the list has been invited so farhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_58.gif

ADAllen
07-25-2007, 09:45 AM

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_58.gif
yes you will! and there will be even more features and fewer bugs. Those of us who signed up late have got to stay strong and optimistic. We should go knit something to pass the time... or maybe a trip to the LYS to alleviate the pain.

KT120
07-25-2007, 10:26 AM
:woot: There is hope! I just got invited to join ravelry today! :woohoo:
I joined the waitlist on June 4th, so maybe a month and a half wait? BTW, two weeks ago I had about 900 in front of me so you can use that as an estimate.

I have no time today to work on my profile but I will try to squeeze some time in. Hmm, I only have about 3 months knitting, so there is not much I can add yet. But I'm sure that will change soon. ;)

dakatzmeow
07-25-2007, 11:10 AM
holding my breath for my invite. ugh!

mum2caden
07-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Oh my...

I got my invite DAYS ago and it must have been blocked by my email filters!

I just went to check it on ravelry and thankfully they send you a new one, so I fixed it all up and I am in! Yay!

Wahlee
07-25-2007, 11:20 AM
:woot: There is hope! I just got invited to join ravelry today! :woohoo:
I joined the waitlist on June 4th, so maybe a month and a half wait? BTW, two weeks ago I had about 900 in front of me so you can use that as an estimate.

I signed up only four days after you, but still have 1068 people ahead of me. *sigh*

Jill A.
07-25-2007, 11:34 AM
Here's my spot:

You are #7782 on the list.
1115 people are ahead of you in line.
12436 people are behind you in line.
I actually set up a spreadsheet over the weekend to track the amount of people let in, so I can try to estimate when I will be invited.

Knit Mom
07-25-2007, 12:36 PM
ok. no clue what ravelry is. can someone 'splain?

DITTO! :tap:

mulene
07-25-2007, 12:47 PM
www.ravelry.com (http://www.ravelry.com)

Its a site where you can do all sorts. You can organise your stash, post your projects and when you finished them etc. Works in progress, needles you own, have groups of knitters for specific things... um lots and lots and lots of things that I can't remember but I know I love it already =D

Infactamundo (a la Fonzie) check this out http://blog.ravelry.com/2007/07/17/something-for-everyone/

Knit Mom
07-25-2007, 01:02 PM
I hope not... I don't really have a stash....

I don't have a stash either. Just a small basket.

LibraryLady
07-25-2007, 01:03 PM
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. :woohoo:

Found you!

You signed up on Today
You are #20553 on the list.
13577 people are ahead of you in line.
1 people are behind you in line.
32% of the list has been invited so farBut probably not for a couple months! :nails:

LL

Knit Mom
07-25-2007, 01:08 PM
Found you!
You signed up on Today
You are #20492 on the list.
13516 people are ahead of you in line.
65 people are behind you in line.
:wall::!!!::nails::-x:tap:

I am never gitting in at this rate!

sheldon
07-25-2007, 01:14 PM
I think eventually they will be opening the site to everyone and doing away with the invite system. I think they are working on bringing servers online to handle the traffic and should be opening the doors in a few weeks give or take.

ArtLady1981
07-25-2007, 01:31 PM
HI! :waving:

Thanks for the "tip" about the wait list info!

Here is my position in the line:

Found you!

You signed up on June 21, 2007
You are #10389 on the list.
3622 people are ahead of you in line.
9965 people are behind you in line.
32% of the list has been invited so far:tap:

ArtLady1981
07-25-2007, 02:29 PM

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_58.gif

Ya know, think about this to console yourself: Those who get in "early on" are the guinea pigs! Those of us who get it next year...will be the beneficiaries of a well-oiled machine!

Look at the folks who stood in line overnight on June 28th...waiting for the new "i-Phone" from ATT. They are the guinea pigs...now finding out that there are battery issues. (you have to mail in your phone for a new battery, and there are no "loners" for you while it is in "the shop")

I did not run out and get the VISTA operating system. It is fraught with bugs and issues!

Maybe...when I have to get a new laptop...but maybe not. May stay with XP until there is no longer any support for it. :pout:

ArtLady1981
07-25-2007, 02:34 PM
It has been so long...I forget what I was excited about. :pout: Oh well, maybe next year I'll get an invite...and rekindle whatever it was I was excited about! Can anyone remember?

Maybe by then...our Sheldon will have a comparable program for our KH family! I'd hop onto the Sheldon Train before Ravelry! Ya just can't keep up with too many forums and sites...know what I mean? :eyes: It is time consuming. It really cuts into the number of FO's. :knitting: Look at my signature below. Look at all those WIP'S! Sheeeees. One of them is a "summer top" that shoulda been done last month! Well, it may end up being a 2008 Summer Top!

ekgheiy
07-25-2007, 03:05 PM
Ya know, think about this to console yourself: Those who get in "early on" are the guinea pigs! Those of us who get it next year...will be the beneficiaries of a well-oiled machine!

Look at the folks who stood in line overnight on June 28th...waiting for the new "i-Phone" from ATT. They are the guinea pigs...now finding out that there are battery issues. (you have to mail in your phone for a new battery, and there are no "loners" for you while it is in "the shop")

I did not run out and get the VISTA operating system. It is fraught with bugs and issues!

Maybe...when I have to get a new laptop...but maybe not. May stay with XP until there is no longer any support for it. :pout: Good point!! :thumbsup:

ekgheiy
07-25-2007, 03:06 PM
It has been so long...I forget what I was excited about. :pout: Oh well, maybe next year I'll get an invite...and rekindle whatever it was I was excited about! Can anyone remember? It's been several hours for me and I've already forgotten ....

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif

letah75
07-25-2007, 03:54 PM
I got my invite yesterday. My name is letah75. I know very original hunh? It's a cool site.

G J
07-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Well, this is me on ravelry!

You signed up on July 9, 2007
You are #15383 on the list.
8470 people are ahead of you in line.
5180 people are behind you in line.
32% of the list has been invited so farBut ya know, I'm not sure how much I'll use it. This site takes enough time and I really love it here! So I'll wait....

orcoastknitter
07-25-2007, 04:33 PM
I didn't think I signed up, but I guess I did!

You signed up on June 13, 2007
You are #8760 on the list.
2052 people are ahead of you in line.
11604 people are behind you in line.

knitwit628
07-25-2007, 04:35 PM
You signed up on June 8, 2007
You are #7766 on the list.
1099 people are ahead of you in line.
12558 people are behind you in line.

does anybody know how many people they invite daily?

ekgheiy
07-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Maybe by then...our Sheldon will have a comparable program for our KH family! I'd hop onto the Sheldon Train before Ravelry! Ya just can't keep up with too many forums and sites...know what I mean? :eyes: It is time consuming. It really cuts into the number of FO's.

Yes yes ... Hey Sheldon ... Where's yer One-Up-smanship? :teehee:

Kaydee
07-25-2007, 04:44 PM
I think I still have a while:

Found you!

You signed up on June 13, 2007
You are #8722 on the list.
2015 people are ahead of you in line.
11643 people are behind you in line.

Greys4me
07-25-2007, 05:41 PM
This is me on Ravlery:

You signed up on July 14, 2007
You are #16374 on the list.
9433 people are ahead of you in line.
4235 people are behind you in line.

sheldon
07-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Maybe by then...our Sheldon will have a comparable program for our KH family! I'd hop onto the Sheldon Train before Ravelry!

Awww, geeez...:aww: It's nice to know we have a loyal following! We do have plans to expand out into some new areas. It of course takes time and some serious brain power! We don't plan on being a clone of Ravelry, but we are working on enabling real blogs (in addition to the existing blog thread), blogrolls, groups and KAL's, FO show and tells, etc. Alot of folks here have already come up with some great ideas such as the KH member locator map and the KH group on FLickr and we'd like to implement tools like those into the site more and make them accessible to everyone. I don't think we'll bother having a yarn database (since the internet already has a few) or a needle stash/needle organizer/inventory unless you'all really want those features on KH. Anyhow, we're still brainstorming and working on new features. Thankfully the new forum and the chat are all squared away now.

- Sheldon

misstialouise
07-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Found you!

9131 people are ahead of you in line.
4488 people are behind you in line.
31% of the list has been invited so far:( :( :(

In just a couple of days...

Found you!

8944 people are ahead of you in line.
4730 people are behind you in line.
32% of the list has been invited so farAlmost 200 people.. :D At this rate I'll get my invite in.... about 6-7 weeks :D

wends
07-25-2007, 06:34 PM
I got my invite the other day and I'm ADDICTED! My username is amizada over there.

angel4ever
07-25-2007, 07:31 PM
I have a ways to go :sad:...

You signed up on July 5, 2007
You are #14195 on the list.
7311 people are ahead of you in line.
6384 people are behind you in line.
32% of the list has been invited so far...

figaro
07-25-2007, 08:03 PM
I signed up a while ago and here is where I am:

You signed up on June 6, 2007
You are #7418 on the list.
758 people are ahead of you in line.
12942 people are behind you in line.
32% of the list has been invited so farI hope whenever I get invited being a member of it will inspire my knitting...

jeanius80
07-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Found you!

You signed up on June 23, 2007
You are #10768 on the list.
3982 people are ahead of you in line.
9732 people are behind you in line.
:verysad:
thats where i am ..... patiently waiting. i should start taking the millions of photo's i am going to wantto add! and counting/sizing/measuring all my needles... and listing patterns i have/want/need ... and ...

BostonBecca
07-25-2007, 09:36 PM
It is worth the wait.

It'll be open soon. Someone, I can't remember who, is having a blog contest where if you donate to knitters without borders or something, or doctors without borders (would make more sense) you are entered into a drawing for one of two ravelry invites she has to give out.

Anyone remember where that is?

Friskums
07-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Here (http://yarnish.com/blog/?p=455).

rebecca
07-25-2007, 10:31 PM
oh dear, I've had my membership for a couple of weeks but haven't been able to play around with it! I have to reload my photos on flickr, they are too large, so that will be my 1st undertaking when i finally really get into it. I was so excited to see some of my patterns there, I'm so honored!

brookehanna
07-25-2007, 11:55 PM
I have to reload my photos on flickr, they are too large!

What size do the photos need to be? I've been uploading things to flickr already. ....even though I'm # 17000 something on the list. :rofl:

kristinw
07-26-2007, 08:21 AM
What size do the photos need to be? I've been uploading things to flickr already. ....even though I'm # 17000 something on the list. :rofl:

You don't need to resize to put them on flickr. And when you are in Ravelry, you see thumbnails of all your photos and can choose from there. No resizing needed on either side.

Friskums
07-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Casey just posted that there are 6000 people on Ravelry! :hooray:

13000+ on the waiting list. :shock:

anne347
07-26-2007, 03:28 PM
I got my invite, signed up with no problem. But the next time I tried to log in, it didn't recognize me. I emailed and received a link to set a new password but I just get a message that I'm not recognized. I tried to sign in using the original invite but I just get a message that I've already activated the invite. Anybody have a suggestion on how I can log in again?

Stiney
07-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Anyone else worried that they're going to put their name in the Antsy checker and get a message like, "GEEZ! We haven't invited you yet, calm down!"

ArtLady1981
07-26-2007, 03:43 PM
I got my invite, signed up with no problem. But the next time I tried to log in, it didn't recognize me. I emailed and received a link to set a new password but I just get a message that I'm not recognized. I tried to sign in using the original invite but I just get a message that I've already activated the invite. Anybody have a suggestion on how I can log in again?

Hi :waving:

I have had problems with more than a few websites just this same way. Everytime I want to log in...I have to go through the "get new password" routine.

I think it may be that I regularly clean out all cookies...through the daily spyware scans. Some websites "hold" my information...some websites don't.

It is a mystery to me. :eyes: Sheldon have any input???

Sorry I can't be of more help. :pout:

Friskums
07-26-2007, 03:57 PM

Email Casey. caseyATravelryDOTcom.
Let him know and I'm sure he'll get it taken care of for you. :thumbsup:

:rofl: :rofl: @ Stine!!

ekgheiy
07-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Email Casey: "casey -at- ravelry -Dot# com"
Let him know and I'm sure he'll get it taken care of for you. :thumbsup:

:rofl: :rofl: @ Stine!!
You may want to make your email instead of putting it in the post like that; it makes you more vulnerable to spam with all the bot trolls on in the interweb ... Just a thought ... ;)

Friskums
07-26-2007, 05:43 PM
:doh: I should know better. :oops:

Changed it. Thanks. :)

anne347
07-26-2007, 06:06 PM
I'll try emailing...thanks very much.

Silver
07-26-2007, 10:50 PM
I got my invite today :woohoo: and spent like for-ev-er modifying my notebook. If you're already on there, come by 'n say hi to KBelle!
:muah:

sheldon
07-26-2007, 11:29 PM
It is a mystery to me. :eyes: Sheldon have any input???

Ahh, my anti-ravelry super cookies are working!

**:evil:Evil Laugh:evil:**

Just kidding. I don't know. They are probably ironing out bugs (I feel for them!) and whatever problem you're experiencing will probably get remedied soon enough.

anne347
07-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Casey helped me out...thank you so much Casey!!! I'm now officially a member of Ravelry. I joined the KH group too. Look me up...nuttynitter.

millyandnans
07-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Dying without ravelry!

Ohhhhh nooooooooo!

:hiding:

I only signed up the other week! :frog:

:waah:

willowangel
07-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Woo I didn't realise they'd put in a 'check your place in the queue thing' - I've only got 218 people ahead of me! :woohoo:

Friskums
07-28-2007, 02:36 AM
They made a lovely post in their blog (http://blog.ravelry.com/). <3 <3

ArtLady1981
07-28-2007, 02:51 AM
Vell, vell. There are now just 3,389 folks ahead of me...and the Ravelry folks said they are adding about 1200 folks per week.

Should I start getting antsy now? By gosh, I think I will!
:eyes::woohoo::eyes::woohoo::eyes:

RachelG
07-28-2007, 01:45 PM
I got my invite this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Username...don't be too surprised now: RachelG

knitwit628
07-28-2007, 03:34 PM
I got my invite this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Username...don't be too surprised now: RachelG

Cool! How do you like it? Is it fun?

I'm still waiting...:nails: only 803 people ahead of me in line!!!

ebrperk
07-28-2007, 04:06 PM
I got my invite a month or so ago. I haven't messed with it much but my name is perkyknits.