PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for LYS trip tomorrow?

redheadrachel
06-22-2007, 09:46 PM
I'm going to a Scottish Games Festival tomorrow, and it's in the town where my AMAAAAAZING local yarn store is. They just have so much, including beautiful Kureyon and recycled silk and various wools and cottons and alpaca and sock weight and bulky and . . . just everything wonderful!

I've been knitting up a storm lately, but I'm not sure what to do next. This upcoming trip to the store would be a great time to begin my next great knitting endeavor, but I'm just unsure. I really do want to learn socks on magic loop, but I only have the KP Options set, so I don't have any of their really small needles. Should I get some sock yarn? I recently made my first felted bag which I absolutely LOVED, and I want to begin making some bags for gifts and maybe eventually my own bags to sell. I also have a major love affair with cables and aran or anything with that pretty patterned cabley stuff. And I do mean anything. OR I could learn to do something totally different.

Any suggestions? :D

Knitting_Guy
06-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Buy yarn.

PCwombat
06-22-2007, 11:30 PM
Hm...my thoughts are that because most bag are felted, unless the colorways are really nice (like noro) yarn for them can be bought online because softness doesn't matter.

But, besides that, I agree with Mason.

Mariblue
06-22-2007, 11:47 PM
Well, I just love the little cabled bag called quinn. (http://www.cogknition.org/patterns) And there's also a pretty cabled scarf there too. They're on my "to knit" list.
I'm the opposite of you. I've got some small knitpicks needles, but no options set (although I'll get a set of those someday! :teehee:) I love their small needles for magic loop socks.