PDA

View Full Version : Cucumber Pepsi?

SabrinaJL
06-30-2007, 02:19 AM
I just read about it and I want to try some sooo bad. Unfortunately, it's only sold in Japan. Anybody else dying to try this or am I a weirdo? :teehee:

Miss Moosey
06-30-2007, 02:34 AM
That actually doesn't sound so bad (coming from me, the pickiest eater in the world, this is big!). Cucumber is quite refreshing and not too strong tasting. On the other hand, I don't think that they will try to market it here.

Rebecca

Braden
06-30-2007, 03:00 AM
I want to try it!

HamburgKnitter
06-30-2007, 04:19 AM
:ick:

:teehee:

Ronda
06-30-2007, 07:14 AM

Susan P.
06-30-2007, 07:38 AM
In China..and I think it's Lays..sell cucumber flavoured chips (potato crisps). Look it up on google..you'll see all sorts of odd flavours!

VictoiseC
06-30-2007, 10:30 AM
I want to try it! I love cukes.

Kaydee
06-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Sounds interesting, it could be good.

auburnchick
06-30-2007, 11:06 AM
That sounds weird, but to each his own.

I just read in the People magazine that the latest craze is to make Koolickles (http://www.deepfriedkudzu.com/2006/11/delta-hot-tamales-and-kool-aid-pickles.html).

They are pickles that are submerged in a pitcher of Kool-Aid for 24 hours. The trend started in the Mississippi delta (always gonna be rednecks finding something interesting to do with kool-aid and spam :teehee:).

I guess I shouldn't knock it until I try it.

SabrinaJL
06-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Not so sure about the Koolickles but if someone offered me one, I'd probably try it. I guess I just want to try the Pepsi because cucumbers are my fave veg. They taste and smell so clean and fresh. Yummy!

Ingrid
06-30-2007, 11:38 AM
And we thought regular Pepsi made you burp!:achoo::rofling:

aineepooh1
06-30-2007, 11:44 AM
:teehee:Ingrid~:rofl::rofl:

Victoise.. that is so funny that you call them cukes ... my dad used to call them that too...:teehee::teehee::teehee:

zazzu
06-30-2007, 12:13 PM
Anybody else dying to try this or am I a weirdo?

Well, I'd never call you a weirdo...to each her own. :lol:

But why would anyone want to ruin a perfectly good cucumber by putting it in Pepsi? Ew! :ick:

Silver
06-30-2007, 12:49 PM
:ick: I'm usually an adventurous eater, but I don't think I would like cucumber flavored anything except cucumbers. Ironically, I make bath & body products and cucumber is one of my favorite candle fragrances.

Braden
06-30-2007, 12:54 PM
(always gonna be rednecks finding something interesting to do with kool-aid and spam :teehee:).

:tap:

:teehee:

Rorshach
06-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Hehe, Cucumber flavored pepsi isn't half as bizarre as Turkey and stuffing soda, or mashed potatoes and gravy, or corn, or cranberry sauce. These are flavors put out by a company called Jones Soda, for those that don't know. I usually pick up a set and put them out to see who's dumb enough to take it and drink it.:roflhard: Oh, and if you don't believe me, check this link (http://www.jonessoda.com/files_new/turkey05.html) out.

(always gonna be rednecks finding something interesting to do with kool-aid and spam :teehee:).

Dang, there goes my master plan. :roflhard:

jodstr2
06-30-2007, 03:51 PM
I'd try it :heart:! I'm not a big fan of Pepsi tho (too sweet). I love raw cukes, cuke spears in my iced tea and in lemonade, as well as in the occasional Bloody Caesar. :eyes:

auburnchick
06-30-2007, 04:43 PM
:tap:

:rofl:

Hey, I grew up in south AL. I can say it in all fairness. ;)

auburnchick
06-30-2007, 04:46 PM
this link (http://www.jonessoda.com/files_new/turkey05.html) out.

Ok...there's something gross about drinking your turkey and gravy. I don't plan on doing that until I'm 90 and have no teeth left.

Braden
06-30-2007, 08:42 PM
:rofl:

Hey, I grew up in south AL. I can say it in all fairness. ;)

I'm in the MS delta, I can confirm that! :ick:

Susan P.
06-30-2007, 10:35 PM
err..what's a cuke? cucumber?

Rorshach (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/member.php?u=9232)..loved that site and already sent it around..broccoli and prosciutto? :ick: but, it's kosher! :)

knitwit628
07-01-2007, 12:07 AM
:ick: :shifty:

actually, i have never tried cucumbers before, but still, it doesn't sound that appetizing to me lol :lol: very odd type off soda! what will they think of next?!

Phretys
07-01-2007, 01:14 AM
Hehe, Cucumber flavored pepsi isn't half as bizarre as Turkey and stuffing soda, or mashed potatoes and gravy, or corn, or cranberry sauce. These are flavors put out by a company called Jones Soda, for those that don't know. I usually pick up a set and put them out to see who's dumb enough to take it and drink it.:roflhard: Oh, and if you don't believe me, check this link (http://www.jonessoda.com/files_new/turkey05.html) out.

Two Thanksgivings ago one of my in-laws bought the 2005 Holiday Pack for all of us to sample. I think only 3 of us were brave enough to try them all. Some weren't so bad (like Corn on the Cob) but the Smoked Salmon Pate made me heave. :ick:

Debi

mulene
07-02-2007, 09:46 AM
I love cucumber but it makes me burp badly =(

letah75
07-02-2007, 12:53 PM
I abhore cucumbers and wont allow them in my house....:ick:

I think they have the strongest smell and taste. My college roomies thought they'd be smart and cut up cucumbers in the morning after I left, and since I wouldn't be home until 10pm I'd never know. I walked into the house at 10:30 p.m. and said "WHO HAD NASTY CUCUMERS IN HERE?" Yech!

Just the smell alone makes me want to throw up.:pout:

LibraryLady
07-02-2007, 02:36 PM
LOL - Jones Soda is based out of Seattle and they're really popular here. When I saw the first post of this thread, all I could think was did Jones NOT release something here first? :lol:

LL

msoebel
07-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Ew...those Jones sodas are nasty.:ick: The Brusssels Sprouts one is disgusting...it smells like teen guy jock feet. And it tastes just as bad. I have seen people throw up after drinking it. The turkey and gravy is also pretty revolting, and the Stuffing...although pumpkin pie is delish!

As for cucumber flavored pepsi...I think I'll pass. I am an adventurous eater, but start messing with a good thing (ie, PEPSI) and we just might have to throw down!:lol:

Misty

Jenelle
07-07-2007, 05:29 PM
That actually sounds delicious. :drooling:

I think the cucumber flavor would go better with citrus though. Maybe 7-up or sierra mist. :thinking:

Cukes have to be one of my favorite veggies though. I just picked 4 out of our garden yesterday and they were so good. :drooling:

As for the jones soda, I'd be willing to try them. :teehee:

knitwit88
07-08-2007, 09:29 AM
Try an asian grocery store. Although, enter at your own risk! I once went in a vietnamese grocery store and saw: live frogs that were meant to be scooped out of their own filth and roasted, cabbage soup that looked and smelled like mop water, fish and chicken heads, and I could go on and on. *barfs*

knitwit88
07-08-2007, 09:30 AM
As for the Jones sodas... Now the 5 flavors are Turkey and Gravy, West Indian Stuffing, Pumpkin Pie, Cranberry, and Brussels Sprouts. All are revolting, except the cranberry, It's bearable