PDA

View Full Version : Knitters unite!

1knittychick
07-01-2007, 02:50 PM
I am huge Knitty Gritty fan (if it wasn't for her show, I would have never found out about Amy's site). I just read on her blog (http://vickiehowell.blogspot.com/ - Thursday, June 21 and it looks like she and other crafty shows may not have new shows in 2008 because of their Nielson ratings. Personally, I WANT to see new shows as well as the reruns. What can we do? I know if we all work together, we can do something. Go to her site and read what she has to say. Let me know what you think. Knitters of the world unite!

KT120
07-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Hmmm, I just discovered this show and I am a huge fan so I would hate to not see any new shows. How about writing to the network? What if we all decided (all the KH'ers) to send them letters/emails letting them know the huge fan base? That would seem like a good start.

debinoz
07-02-2007, 12:46 PM
They'd probably have better ratings if they put it on a channel everyone could get or at a decent time. It's on HGTV here.... but at 6 a.m..

letah75
07-02-2007, 12:57 PM
I just got a thing from the Nielsen people. I will be listing all of the shows I watch for the next two weeks. Knitty Gritty is one I will be listing for sure!!!!!!!!!!:cheering:

ironmaiden
07-02-2007, 01:08 PM
I was really bummed when I read that as well. Apparently, according to the ratings, most DIY viewers are men who watch the home improvement shows... although personally I've never met a man who watches DIY, I suppose they are out there.

ironmaiden
07-02-2007, 01:09 PM
They'd probably have better ratings if they put it on a channel everyone could get or at a decent time. It's on HGTV here.... but at 6 a.m..

Agreed - if it was on HGTV in the afternoon it would probably do better. DIY is like channel 240 here lol. If I hadn't been actively searching for it, I never would have even looked that high.

bajanKnit
07-02-2007, 01:11 PM
I LOVE THAT SHOW AND VICKY IS DOING A AWSOME JOB IT WOULD BE VERY SAD NOT TO SEE NEW SHOWS.. IT IS BECAUSE OF THIS SHOW THAT I LEARN TO KNIT I DID NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT KNITTING WAS UNTIL I WATCH THAT SHOW ONE DAY AND THEN AS THEY SAY THE REST IS HISTORY.. I AM WILLING TO HELP IN WHAT EVER WAY.

1knittychick
07-02-2007, 02:05 PM
debinoz

1knittychick
07-02-2007, 02:07 PM
debinoz, we get both HGTV & DIY. 6:00AM is way too early for me as well (DVR to the rescue). It's a great show and it would be a waste to lose it.

kntsew24
07-02-2007, 04:17 PM
This same thing happened to Carol Duvall Show and Simply quilts on HGTV. We had a write in campain to try and get them to make more shows, but they went to DIY (I don't get that channel), and decided to just show reruns.
I think that the world is ready for a craft channel!!!!!

aineepooh1
07-03-2007, 02:24 AM
Kntnsew~ THAT is a great idea.. why can' t they make a channel just for crafters.. OMG.. can you imagine how many different crafts they could highlight.. :thumbsup:
Yep.. I was bummed to hear that tooo b/c KG is one of the 1st resources I used to learn to knit~! ( before KH even~!):shrug:

1knittychick
07-04-2007, 06:23 PM
Thanks to everyone who has read and answered my post. I went to Scripps Howard site and I think I found the email address. I wrote them and if they answer I will post email here.

mulene
07-04-2007, 06:25 PM
I read this title as "knitters untie" I was going to say you won't get me near a ball of yarn that needs untying ;)

Also I want to see these craft shows from the DIY network make it to the UK - you have NO idea how frustrating it is not being able to see the shows =( Even in streaming form would do and yes I would pay to see the shows streamed.

newamy
07-05-2007, 10:24 AM
I've heard lots of discussion of this show. We don't get DIY. In fact we don't get a lot of channels. We have just minimal cable and hardly watch that. I would like to see the program because I've heard so much about it... but it seems pretty unlikely. I've often wondered if the episodes could be downloaded.

cathoo
07-05-2007, 06:34 PM
I read this title as "knitters untie" I was going to say you won't get me near a ball of yarn that needs untying ;)

Thank goodness I wasn't the only one :zombie:

They should post episodes or clips online and see how many people watch! Then they would actually be able to count real people viewing instead of a guess from the neilsen ratings.

(My family gave up cable for high-speed internet about 10 years ago and have never looked back, so maybe I have an ulterior motive for wanting stuff online...)

zip
07-05-2007, 06:41 PM
I think that the world is ready for a craft channel!!!!!

I'll second that! There are at least ten or twelve dedicated sports networks that my SO watches, not including the NFL & MLB subscriptions.

I've never even seen Knitty-Gritty because I barely have access to the multitude of remote controls. As soon as I learn to use them, he changes the setup! :rofl:

Aliann
07-08-2007, 06:36 PM
That sucks, I hope they don't take it off. I was because of KG that I learned to knit. I wonder if Vickie would consider putting the show on DVD.

angel4ever
07-08-2007, 06:40 PM
Here we get Knitty Gritty on reruns on DIY at 2pm and at 7am on HGTV. My work schedule does not permit me to watch unless there is no school.

But I really like that show and I am disappointed that there won't be anymore shows...:pout:

mulene
07-09-2007, 10:13 AM
You know... I would pay to see the shows online. I'd be happy to pay a subscription and be able to watch episodes. I've heard so much good about it and it ticks me off that we have nothing like that good in the UK!

Hrm maybe I should write to them!