PDA

View Full Version : Need an opinion about options knitting needles

angel4ever
07-03-2007, 12:27 AM
I have been knitting for a little over a year now and I am just venturing into knitting socks, YAY!

I have tons of bamboo circular needles & DPN's, but lately they don't feel right while I'm knitting socks. I'm using the magic loop method and the bamboo seems to be snagging.

Anyway, I was thinking about purchasing the options set from knitpicks. If anyone has any opinions that might be helpful before I make a decision to purchase, I would greatly appreciate it.

:happydancing:

Braden
07-03-2007, 12:34 AM
Look Here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=57276/) for a thread that has to do with all types of interchangeables.

I personally love my Options, they're great for 2 circs with socks. I would say get them, but the interchangeable set doesn't come with small enough sizes for socks, you have to order those as fixed circulars.

angel4ever
07-03-2007, 12:40 AM
^^

THanks, I saw the thread AFTER I made this post, lol. I'm still debating the purchase, but definitely learning towards buying.

cheesiesmom
07-03-2007, 09:22 AM
I have a set of size 2 and size 1 circs for knitting socks on two circulars. I really like the options. very smooth and nice points. I also have the option dpns in 1, 2, 3, and 4. They are longer than I'm used to for sock but still very nice to work with. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase more for socks or lace.

Lady Violet
07-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Look Here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=57276/) for a thread that has to do with all types of interchangeables.

I personally love my Options, they're great for 2 circs with socks. I would say get them, but the interchangeable set doesn't come with small enough sizes for socks, you have to order those as fixed circulars.

thanks for posting that link! i spent quite some time looking for that thread the other day before i gave up. i think i probably just looked over it.

redheadrachel
07-03-2007, 06:25 PM
I LOOOOVE my Options set, and I also ordered the 40" cable along with the set, so it would be good for Magic Loop. I love love love it! Definitely would recommend for nearly any project :D I still would recommend the set, but you should probably get the Size 2 fixed circular needle for your socks, since it doesn't come in the KP Options set.

misstialouise
07-03-2007, 07:54 PM
I bought the 3mm fixed circs purely for socks on 2....

I've just started.. but LOVING THEM!!!

(I have the options set too, and love it :D)

blueeyes28
07-03-2007, 07:55 PM
I have the Denises,Boyes and options and I love my options the best.

angel4ever
07-04-2007, 12:16 AM
Thanks for all the help!

I ordered the options set yesterday,along with a 40" cable, & a size 3 fixed circular.

This will be the first time that I have knit with needles that are not bamboo, so I am kind of nervous & excited at the same time.

Thanks again!
:grphug:

blueeyes28
07-04-2007, 07:34 AM
I bet you will ove them the super flexible cables make them a dream to knit with.Remeber to check your set and make sure all the needles screw onto all the cables and that there are no rough edges on your needles if there are knitpicks has the best customer service ever and they will replace anything that is not perfect,I keep my receipt right inside the binder in case I run into something later that I didn't notice at first.

losnana
07-04-2007, 08:53 AM
I LOOOOVE my Options set, and I also ordered the 40" cable along with the set, so it would be good for Magic Loop. I love love love it! Definitely would recommend for nearly any project :D I still would recommend the set, but you should probably get the Size 2 fixed circular needle for your socks, since it doesn't come in the KP Options set.

I agree 200 %. I wouldn't trade my Options for all the tea in China, and I love tea. The 40 " is great for ML.