PDA

View Full Version : Oooh, continental IS cool!

redheadrachel
07-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Hi everyone. Okay, I'm the first to admit, I didn't give continental knitting a REAL fair chance. It was more like a half-hearted, already-decided-that-I-like-using-English-better-but-I'll-do-it-for-Fair-Isle chance. Well I'm making my second pair of socks and I thought that, to make it a more interesting learning experience, I'll try to knit them entirely with continental.

Well... it's great! Honestly. I mean, purling is pretty slow and awkward, but one of my biggest knitting gripes (my purls are waaaay looser than my knits) is pretty much solved. When I do continental, the purls are the same tension as the knits. And that's a very very good thing. Will I do continental all the time now? I have no clue - maybe we'll find out after I've finished this pair of socks.

But I do know it's way better than I thought :D

auburnchick
07-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Way to go! :cheering:

I'm right there with you. I participated in the Continental KAL and completed a dishcloth. I then decided to make a booga bag using the Continental method. On the 4th, I started knitting a pair of anklets, again using only Continental. The ribbing actually went very well, and I've finally figured out how to hold my yarn so it doesn't come off of my index finger.

I'm mostly proud of the fact that I haven't given up this time. I tried about six months ago and nearly pulled out my hair.

Braden
07-06-2007, 09:35 PM
It is great, isn't it? ;)

misstialouise
07-07-2007, 01:38 AM
Congratulations on finding the bliss we call Continental!! :D