PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or are a lot of knitters also "cat people"?

Sharly
07-09-2007, 11:58 AM
I've been a crazy cat lady for years, but a knitter for only a few months. It seems to me that most of the other knitters I run across are also cat people. Wonder what the corelation is?

Sound off "Cat People"!

:hmm: - Hmmm, wonder why there isn't a smiley spitting out a cat hair?

Chel
07-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Probably because our felines are so adored and well cared for they don't get hairballs!!! =-D

I love my 3 fur babies. I just figure, some people have kids. I have cats. Education is cheaper, too.

VictoiseC
07-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Meow!

My babies are Toisie and Paolo.
both beautiful cats

GinnyG
07-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Sorry, I'm ALL DOG!!!:whistle:

Sharly
07-09-2007, 12:22 PM
That's ok, Ginny!! You don't have to apologize! I love dogs too, I just happen to not be owned by one at this time! Is that your puppy? Precious!!

Sharly
07-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Chel - I onced worked for a vet and when a client would comment about the high cost, I would always remind them, "at least you don't have to send him/her to college"! :lol:

Nobones
07-09-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm a cat person, we had a great thread about our cats and every one posted photos and stories of their kitties. My cat is called Buffy, and she's the 2nd love of my life. (1st been hubby!)

Sharly
07-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Nobones - I'll have to look for that - I love all things "kitty"!

We have 9 housecats - yes, I'm a crazy cat lady and I have a crazy cat husband. We've been discussing becoming a no-kill shelter (which we essentially are).

cre8ivsoul
07-09-2007, 12:29 PM
I don't think it's specifically knitting and cats. I do a lot of quilting and some other needlecrafts as well and it seems that most of the people I know have at least one cat. Some also have a dog as a family member. I just think those of us with a creative bent need to share our love with animals that love us back. We have three cats and two of them are laying on items I've created right now. Pretty sight.

Arielluria
07-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Sorry, I'm ALL DOG!!!:whistle:Me too!!!!! (But I used to have cats when I wasn't allergic to them)!

I think basically knitters (anyone who appreciates the work of their hands and fruits of their labor) are good-hearted, loving people. What's more fun to love than a furball wagging tail?!? (Flicking tail in case of cats). :)

Arielluria
07-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Chel - I onced worked for a vet and when a client would comment about the high cost, I would always remind them, "at least you don't have to send him/her to college"! :lol:LOL! That's what I tell myself about not having children! My pups ARE my children!

aineepooh1
07-09-2007, 12:44 PM
Don't you know that all cats :heart::heart::heart: yarn?
Its the perfect setup for them~ and servitude for us~!:rofl:

Braden
07-09-2007, 12:47 PM
I love cats, they just seem...different...than dogs, I don't know. They love knitting, most of the time, too.

Arielluria
07-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Don't you know that all cats :heart::heart::heart: yarn?
Its the perfect setup for them~ and servitude for us~!:rofl:Dogs do too, it reminds them of a tennis ball (balled up) or a soft squeaky toy (skein).........I am FOREVER trying to get my yarn out of Peanut's mouth........hence the avatar!
:flirt:

aineepooh1
07-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Mmmmmmmmm.. nice yummy yarn~!:inlove::inlove::inlove:

newamy
07-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Yep, I've been a cat person all my life. A knitter only recently. My cat does take an interest in my knitting too, it's rather cute. She is a very weird cat- long story there, the best I can say about her is as a pet she is not very satsifactory. My best and beutiful snuggler cat died a month or so before I learned to knit...I wish I had been knitting when he was around to see if he would have taken an interest. He used to like to stop me from reading.

KnittingNat
07-09-2007, 01:05 PM
We're cat people, dog people and other pets as well...:hug:

ironmaiden
07-09-2007, 01:10 PM
I've been a crazy cat lady for years, but a knitter for only a few months. It seems to me that most of the other knitters I run across are also cat people. Wonder what the corelation is?

Sound off "Cat People"!

:hmm: - Hmmm, wonder why there isn't a smiley spitting out a cat hair?

I think it's just a certain personality type. I've noticed, in life, that most "dog people" are a little less patient and more high energy, while "cat people" are generally a little more mellow, which would allow for the patience and commitment needed for knitting :D.

That said, I'm a cat person and have little patience :D.

Carla1019
07-09-2007, 01:35 PM
I have a cat and 2 dogs. But I should say is my DH has a cat and I have a dog and my DD has a dog.

The cat will not have any think to do with me unless she needs water or food, or her butt rub.:teehee:
I grow up with dogs, So I am more of a dog person, My DH grow up cats.

We set on a couch to watch tv, The cat (shamu) Will JUMP over to the back of the couch, (where I am setting) walk over me to get to DH. when she jumps, I don 't see her, so when she land, it scare me to death.:oo:

marykz
07-09-2007, 02:00 PM
we are equal opportunity animal lovers here. as a kid I had a cat, a bird, a gerbil, fish, and co-owned a bunny. my DH always had dogs and cats growing up. Now we have 2 basset hounds, 1 cat, a pile of guppies (did I tell you those guppies won't stop having babies?!). (and a kid)

Not a single pet will tolerate any sweaters, hand made collars, or anything. ingrates!! :) but they don't bother the knitting either, so that's ok. The cat likes to stalk the yarn when I'm knitting, or "hatch" the ball of yarn laying next to me. the dogs couldn't care less. if it isn't food, they aren't moving off their pillow on the floor...

betty bat
07-09-2007, 02:46 PM
I'll be the exception to this. I'm not an animal person at all. I'm afraid of most animals - they bite, they claw. Gives me the willies just thinking about them.

I'm a plant person and I'm very active in prairie conservation. I'm big on flora, not fauna.

dreamsherl
07-09-2007, 02:47 PM
No cats for me (allergies and they creep me out). However I do love dogs (the ones with hair).

Stiney
07-09-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm a dog person, but I don't have a puppy right now. :pout:

My dad has a puppy, though.

ready2knit
07-09-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm not a big fan of the felines. I understand they have a place on this earth. I just make sure that place is not my house! At the moment we don't have a pooch, but something tells me it's not too far off...

I do on the other hand to of the most beautiful well trained daughters who have gorgeous heads of hair! I don't mind paying for them to go to college!

Jana

Limey
07-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Betty Bat said: I'm afraid of most animals - they bite, they claw.

Hmmm - Just as well you didn't go to the same school as me then!
:rofl:

Just kidding!

Jan in CA
07-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Meow! I've always had cats and dogs. Right now we have one 16yr old Ragdoll and my daughter has a 1 yr old cat, but when she moves out in a few months the younger one goes with her.

http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/2670398-S.jpg

http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/101673250-S.jpg

Angelia
07-09-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm definitely a cat person. I have six. :teehee: All but one leaves my knitting alone. (She fiercely attacks and kills dpns.)

I love dogs, too, and we'd have one if we had a fenced yard.

My grandparents had a farm, so animals have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. My grandfather raised beagles, so of course they're my favorite doggies. :heart:

Angelia
07-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Love your kitties, Jan!!! And gorgeous photos, as always! :heart:

PammieJR
07-09-2007, 03:27 PM
I WOULD be a cat or a dog person, but sadly i am basically allergic to anything with fur :( So my pets have been reptiles and birds.

I have a sweet little parakeet right now, named Topaz, for her blue belly...so I get my animal lovin' in how I can!

threesmom
07-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Dog lover here!! We have 2 big guys, and a wonderful cat, to go with teh three kids .... all in a small house :??. I always said I wasn't a cat person, but I love the manx we have now, and kittens were just born across teh street at the farm, and I just became ridiculously attached to one .... no idea why. I call him Claude :aww:.

I'm trying to decide if it would just be over the top to adopt him too ....

Stiney
07-09-2007, 03:37 PM
I WOULD be a cat or a dog person, but sadly i am basically allergic to anything with fur :( So my pets have been reptiles and birds.

I have a sweet little parakeet right now, named Topaz, for her blue belly...so I get my animal lovin' in how I can!

What about poodles or poodle-mixes? My sister is allergic to dogs, so they got a "golden doodle," which is either a golden lab or a golden retriever (can't remember which) bred with a poodle. They have hair instead of fur.

Sharly
07-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Wow, Jan - what awesome pictures and beautiful kitties!!

I'm not much of a photographer, but my cats can be seen on their website www.houseof9lives.wordpress.com (http://www.houseof9lives.wordpress.com) - that's all of them in the header.

Angelia - warning here...I once had only six!! :lol:

Arielluria
07-09-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm a dog person, but I don't have a puppy right now. :pout:

My dad has a puppy, though.
One word: Petfinder.com (http://www.petfinder.com)
http://www.texasnova.com/lu/Petfinderbutton200.jpg (http://www.petfinder.com)

(Those in the pic above are my other 3 pups)

nik
07-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Dog person here too!

iza
07-09-2007, 04:36 PM
I love cats, but I'm more of a dog person. I can't wait to have a puppy, maybe in a year or two. My favorite website (after KH of course) is dailypuppy.com! :teehee:

Arielluria
07-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Iza, your blog link is broken.
:shock:

misha rf
07-09-2007, 05:42 PM
We've got 8 cats (originally 9, but we lost one to FIP last year). The Husband & I met while volunteering for a no-kill cat rescue/adoption group. 4 of his 6 came from there (he's such a sucker).

I'm *really* wanting to get a dog, though. I always had dogs growing up. Part of the deal was, once we got a house, we'd get a dog. Well, we've got the house....but he's dragging his feet on the dog! I think it's gonna have to be some poor thing we find walking by the side of the road to get him to change his mind.

nadja la claire
07-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Sorry, I'm ALL DOG!!!:whistle:

Me too!!! Don't get me wrong I like cats but I'm definitely a dog person.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Ladybug Lady
07-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Total cataholic here!! I can't imagine not having a cat in my life.

Feef
07-09-2007, 06:58 PM
My husband and I are owned and operated by six indoor-only cats: Mommy, Serene, Prince, Trouble, Libby, and Awful. And, we bow to our 2 chinchillas, Gabigail VanChinch and her daughter April VanChinch. (Gabby is the one who prefers the purple silk/lace hats, while April prefers to eat them.)

The fish don't count as pets to me because well, they're fish. If it doesn't have fur, it's not a pet.

Only occasionally does Libby (the pureblood siamese pain in the a**) decide to protect me from my needles and yarn. Awful interferes only in the sense that when it's time for me to pet him, it doesn't matter WHAT I'm doing. LOL

Dogs? I'm prejudiced. Small dogs annoy me and large dogs scare the pants off me. Had one as a kid, loved her to pieces, but have always been a cat person at heart.

jjminarcik
07-09-2007, 07:10 PM
We have 1 dog and 1 cat. I've always been a cat person because I never was around dogs as a kid. DH is a total dog person. But the dog came with DH, and now I love him like he's my own child! I talked DH into the cat and he still wasn't thrilled about it, but agreed to it (probably to shut me up!) Now he loves the cat as much as the dog! We've said that if we don't ever have kids we would have a zoo!

misstialouise
07-09-2007, 07:22 PM
We are a petless house. I am dreadfully allergic to cats and well, this just isn't a dog house (MIL doesn't like owning animals). We will have fish in a month or so.. but they don't play with yarn like other animals do... LOL

Juliea
07-09-2007, 07:34 PM
I am a knitter and have 5 cats. Always picking cat hairs out of my knitting, hiding my yarns, and saving a yarn ball from being taken off to some unknown area!!!!!

betty bat
07-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Betty Bat said: I'm afraid of most animals - they bite, they claw.

Hmmm - Just as well you didn't go to the same school as me then!
:rofl:

Just kidding!

Limey,
Somehow I bet you're not a meanie. I bet you're a big old pussycat! (how's that for keeping in the tone of the thread? :lol:)

auburnchick
07-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Sorry...I'm not a cat person. While I love animals, I've always had dogs.

I think someone once did a poll to find out who had cats vs dogs.

iza
07-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Iza, your blog link is broken.
:shock:
:shock: Thanks Arielluria, I think it's fixed now. :shifty:

Foxyie
07-10-2007, 01:32 AM
cat person here. i do like dogs and other pets but cats are for me!

these are my bad boys mo and wo (nicknames)
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/foxyie/cats.jpg

while they do enjoy playing with yarn they aren't too interested in digging around in mine.
i guess they are too lazy.

geekgolightly
07-10-2007, 01:37 AM
i'll love on any animal that comes my way. currently i only have two cats and a dog. i really want to get a puffer fish! i feel in love with one recently. he and i shared a deep connection.:rofling:

seriously though, look at how cute (http://www.marineaquariumadvice.com/images/DSC_0044.jpg) they are!

KnitClickChick
07-10-2007, 10:32 AM
We have 4 cats. They really don't bother my yarn much, just like to swipe at the needles a lot. I am constantly picking fur out of my yarn though, because they like to lay on the couch with me when I knit. They stick their heads under my hands, because they must be petted at all times!! Hard to knit and pet a cat at the same time, but I wouldn't have it any other way! Our oldests boy actually paws our faces when we sleep to wake us up to pet him. One of the younger males lays on the pillows above us and lick our hair. I guess he thinks he is cleaning us. He also licks us when we scratch his back. :rofling:
I would love to get a little dog, but boyfriend is very allergic to dogs.

callagain
07-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Woof!

bellium
07-10-2007, 11:08 AM
i love both dogs and cats - would be hard-pressed to lump myself into one or the other camp. right now i have three cats and two dogs, and i love each one for different reasons. of course, working in the veterinary field, i likely will always have a rag-tag assortment of other people's rejects...

Arielluria
07-10-2007, 01:19 PM
We have 1 dog and 1 cat. I've always been a cat person because I never was around dogs as a kid. DH is a total dog person. But the dog came with DH, and now I love him like he's my own child! I talked DH into the cat and he still wasn't thrilled about it, but agreed to it (probably to shut me up!) Now he loves the cat as much as the dog! We've said that if we don't ever have kids we would have a zoo!Same here.......actually I'd have the kids AND the zoo! I am very social, yet I can imagine living without people (even without kids) before living without my dogs!
:muah:

PammieJR
07-10-2007, 01:21 PM
What about poodles or poodle-mixes? My sister is allergic to dogs, so they got a "golden doodle," which is either a golden lab or a golden retriever (can't remember which) bred with a poodle. They have hair instead of fur.

I have actually heard of this...there are supposed to be other breeds that fall into this catagory as well. I don't know if it is just a myth or if it really does work for most people with allergies?

I always understood that, and this may be TMI but, people are actually allergic to the saliva in the licking of the skin that then flakes off with the dandruff or the hair.

Although my reaction to dogs isn't nearly as bad as cats...I have yet to meet an animal with fur/hair (other than human...I think) I wasn't allergic to!:pout:

Arielluria
07-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Yes!!!!! Generally those breeds which don't shed (Poodles, Shih Tzus, etc..........think any breed which needs its hair cut, because it doesn't fall out) IS recommended for people with allergies. All 4 of mine (see album (http://www.flickr.com/photos/arielluria/)) fall in that category...........but you'll have to get your own at petfinder.com (http://www.petfinder.com) ;)

Peanut's latest...........yup! He's a rescue!!!!!!!!:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1229/764786813_415ebf38a9.jpg
:muah:
And now back to your scheduled cat discussion :D

LibraryLady
07-10-2007, 02:55 PM
I have actually heard of this...there are supposed to be other breeds that fall into this catagory as well. I don't know if it is just a myth or if it really does work for most people with allergies?

I always understood that, and this may be TMI but, people are actually allergic to the saliva in the licking of the skin that then flakes off with the dandruff or the hair.

Although my reaction to dogs isn't nearly as bad as cats...I have yet to meet an animal with fur/hair (other than human...I think) I wasn't allergic to!:pout:

Cat allergies are twice as bad as dog. People will tolerate some breeds or individual animals and not others.

http://www.aafa.org/display.cfm?id=9&sub=18&cont=236

My SIL washes her cats and dogs in order for them to be tolerated by the kids. Generally, a cat will accept/tolerate/endure bathing if they are raised as a kitten with baths. I used to be a vet tech and had to wash a couple full grown cats, not a fun job! :ick:

LL

PammieJR
07-10-2007, 04:09 PM
The Asthma and Allergy Foundation website you gave a link to said it better than I could:

"People with dog allergies may be allergic to all dogs or to only some breeds. Cat allergies are about twice as common as dog allergies...People with pet allergies have supersensitive immune systems that react to harmless proteins in the pet's dander (dead skin that is shed), saliva or urine...Dogs and cats secrete fluids and shed dander that contain the allergens."

I know you all are really trying to be helpful, but I really am allergic to all types of dogs and cats [and horses and bunnies...etc], it doesn't matter the breed. My great aunt has had Shih Tzus my whole 33 year life and I have always reacted to them. Like I said, I have never met a cat or dog I wasn't allergic to. It isn't a horrible reaction, and it is OK for a visit, but I could never have a cat or dog in my house.

But enough of that, stuff...I love my bird and thankfully I dont react to her...

I want to see some more pictures of some cute furry animals! I'm not allergic to photos! :)

Arielluria
07-10-2007, 04:16 PM
I'm the same way with cats. If I just pet one, I'll be sneezing and miserable the rest of the day, sometimes for more than a day. :shock:

redheadrachel
07-10-2007, 04:17 PM
I'm definitely just an all-around animal person, but I think it's nice that cats and knitters both love yarn. It seems like a perfect match to me :D My Jack Dempsey cichlid is my pride and joy, but it's hard to cuddle with a fish while knitting up a sweater! lol

Arielluria
07-10-2007, 04:41 PM
I want to see some more pictures of some cute furry animals! I'm not allergic to photos! :)OK, you asked for it!
Meet...............

Sargent Pepper (as seen on Tech TV Jan 2002) :o) It was the ScreenSavers pic of the day for anyone who remembers the show with Leo LaPorte:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1238/770930977_dd578bdd97.jpg

Corporal Cricket:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/198/502439518_14429150be.jpg

Private Ripley:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1291/770930983_28362f39a1.jpg

& of course you already know
Maggot Peanut [quite literally IN action]. (He was our first foster.........kept him..........failed Fostering 101):
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1199/771023549_2f64810c6e.jpg

Oh, and I mustn't forget our last foster dog Lucky (gone to AZ :crying: now to a great home):
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/125/355144195_48a5e4ced5.jpg

Shandeh
07-20-2007, 11:17 PM
I'm allergic to cats, dogs, rabbits, birds.....anything with fur or feathers. The only pet I can have is a fish or reptile, but I'm not interested in either of them really.

cds11
07-21-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm a dog person mainly, I love dogs. I love animals in general. You should have seen me when I was in high school and working in a pet store. Almost everyday I came home with a new animal I wanted. I'd love to have a gecko, a chinchilla, fish (both saltwater and freshwater), a dog, a guinea pig, a cat (it would have to be just the right one though, some cats I find aren't "friendly" enough or something, I used to work in the cat adoption area in the store, so I interacted with the cats all the time and it was nice, but some I didn't really get along with as well as others)... I *think* that's it... My mom eventually caved and I was allowed a 33 gallon saltwater tank (which is small for saltwater) and she eventually got a dog even though she's a cat person (but allergic), but the dog is no longer around (she had to give him up she couldn't control him, I was gone to school about a year after she got him, and my dad and brother weren't a lot of help with him).

I currently have one betta fish (saltwater tank got shut down after about 5 or 6 years, one started picking on the others, so they ended up dying, and my mom just decided to get rid of him, and shut the tank down while I was at school). Once I finish university and get myself set up with a *real* job and a steady/stable lifestyle, I'll start looking into/researching getting more pets.

NakedPancakes
07-21-2007, 11:34 AM
I am sooo a cat person. n_n

I only have one now, his name is Rumplestiltskin. My mom has 3 and my sister has 1. The most we've had at one time is 16.

Later on I plan on getting a bunch of Cats and naming them all after CATS characters. =x

feministmama
07-21-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm going to be one of those crazy cat ladies when I'm 80. I have two cats now and then i started feeding a stray that would visit my backyard. Then another stray started visiting. She looked pregnant and now she has two kittens! Then there are two bully cats that come around and try to beat up my cat and the other strays so I take away the food and shoo them away. Anyone want two cute little gray stripped kittens? We're going to take the momma to a vounteer spay palce in August and get her spayed. Gotta find a home for the two kitties.

I like dogs too. especially puppies. Someday I will live in a place where I can have a grayhound. They are my favorite

Doodknitwit
07-22-2007, 11:31 AM
:yay: :poke: i meet many animal people who are knitters & vice versa

Roojaz
07-22-2007, 01:15 PM
I would say I'm an animal lover. I have 2 cats and a dog. (my fur family) Along with my 2 y/o and my 9 month old. Never a dull moment around here... ha ha!!

One of my cats is a yarn snatcher...every night that I go to bed there is a different ball of yarn on my pillow. I swear I put the stuff away..but she always seems to find one!!

Samsam
07-22-2007, 06:45 PM
hehe, I have two kitties-Walnut and Hazel. They're my lubbers :heart:

Mulderknitter
07-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Well, all I can say is check out my avatar. That is my DC (darling cat) Mulder. He is an 11 year old 20 pound mama's boy. He likes to sit on the back of the couch on his blankie while I knit. He thinks it's great when I get it out, turn on the tv and just sit and knit with him. We also have Itchy, a 2 year old that we got as a 3 week old stray that momma kitty had left behind. He is soooooo wild! He is a yarn stealer, eater, player, dpn chaser, tape measure stealer, pattern knocker of tabler (you know what I mean):roflhard:. Cant knit within eyesight of him or it's play time! oh, well, it's ALWAYS play time for him. If he could, he would climb the walls and run around on the ceiling. Needles to say Mulder hates him. :rofling:

Snugglebugmom
07-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Cat lover here also! I have always had cats, have taken in strays and adopted a terminally ill kidney patient kitty which I nursed until he passed away... I love cats as much as I love knitting, and that says a LOT! :lol:

stitchwitch
07-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Cat freak here, but I do love other animals also. I've had a giant hermit crab, fish, iguanas, hamsters, gerbils and a chicken (not all at the same time). I adore animals and wish I could have more but Ms. Kitty simply thinks the world revolves around her so it's just her and Fisher the Goldfish living with us (she tolerates him).

Knit Mom
07-23-2007, 02:51 PM
I love cats and dogs. But sadly all of the people that I love and who actually come and visit me are all allergic to kitty's.

Sandral
07-24-2007, 12:49 AM
I love to knit and I also love my cats. They are named Cagney and Lacey. They are getting older and I am spending more time loving them! Anyone remember Cagney and Lacey?

Arielluria
07-24-2007, 09:21 AM
:hug:Love the names, I loved the show in the 80's. FYI, their first season just came out on DVD.

Songbirdy
07-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Cat person here. We have two, one is mine named Paw-casso. The other is my 7 year old son's cat and is named Nick. My son is the child that managed to learn how to knit... so I guess that adds two more cat-people knitters to the bunch :teehee:

Actually when I knit is one of the few times Paw-casso will play. Either way I end up with both cats when I knit. Unless it is acrylic, Paws declines to sit by me when I use acrylic yarn. :fingerwag: :roflhard:

Incidentally both are Shelter/Rescue Cats. Paw-casso was given Art Therapy in the Shelter and apparently they sold her paintings for over $500. I tried letting her paint once but she declined... :) Nick was named Nellie because the shelter vet mis-gendered him :???: I certainly hope the vet did the other stuff correctly. Either way we haven't had kittens...

Arielluria
07-25-2007, 12:34 PM
It seems the cats have it over the dogs amongst knitters here! LOL!

I think I will have to unsubscribe from this thread, my eyes are itching already!
:roflhard:

Sharly
07-25-2007, 01:31 PM
I think the conclusion is that the majority of knitters are definitely animal lovers :hug:

Greys4me
07-25-2007, 05:45 PM
I love both cats and dogs.....I have 3 dogs (a Greyhound, a Pug and a Pomeranian) and 3 cats (2 Maine Coons and a DSH "mutt")

wolfette
07-25-2007, 06:51 PM
I've always had cats and dogs growing up and currently have a 13 year-old cat named Polyester. I've had her longer than I've been knitting and she's not fond of it, unless it involves some sort of eyelash yarn.