PDA

View Full Version : What is a "Gay" sweater?

Mazie
07-12-2007, 01:23 AM
John McCain has temper tantrum over having to wear a "gay sweater":roflhard:

McCain dislikes wearing ‘gay sweaters.’Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) reportedly is complaining about his aides forcing him to wear “gay sweaters” in order to look younger::??

According to one insider, the knit-picking was the crescendo of a tirade by the Arizona senator, in which he blistered aides about the minutiae of the campaign. … McCain reportedly declared his frustration with being told to don the perceived homosexual outerwear in order to look younger and more approachable.
:shrug:
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/07/11/mccain-dislikes-wea... /

just makes me want to sing - "Don me now this gay apparal":lol:

And how did McCain determine that his sweater was gay?:roflhard:

suzeeq
07-12-2007, 01:27 AM
Was it in rainbow colors....?

Mazie
07-12-2007, 01:34 AM
Strangely, it was just a plain blue 'v' necked pullover. I think it was the "wear sweaters, they make you look younger" that he didn't like.

brendajos
07-12-2007, 07:35 AM
Thank God he just keeps making himself more and more irrelevant or I would have to throw a temper tantrum myself about this. I am sick to death of people using "That's Gay" as a way to express their distaste for something.

Knitting_Guy
07-12-2007, 07:40 AM
Maybe he felt an uncomfortable attraction to the sweater? :shrug:

brendajos
07-12-2007, 07:48 AM

pfffft....lol

Yarnlady
07-12-2007, 08:31 AM
Maybe he's afraid of being mistaken for Jim Kolbe, another AZ congressman who IS gay..... :shrug: Mc Cain's a jerk. (I'm allowed to say that as he is from AZ and I didn't vote for him!)

marykz
07-12-2007, 08:35 AM
I agree that people should stop using "that's gay" for things they don't like. cruel, insensitive, ignorant jerks..... (sigh)

feministmama
07-12-2007, 10:51 AM
I find using "gay" as something yucky as discriminatory. You would NEVER hear anyone use the N word to describe something as not very smart. Our culture has a long way to go in recognizing its discriminatory patterns. sigh.:rollseyes:

nik
07-12-2007, 11:16 AM
I remember when the word gay used to mean happy. Remember the Flinstones song? "We'll have a gay old time!" :)

Friskums
07-12-2007, 12:23 PM
I used it that way when I was a kid, but then I realized what it was really saying and stopped using it.

Knitlee
07-12-2007, 12:42 PM
I hate when gay is used that way. It is insulting, insensitive, and ignorant. I am a Democrat and would never vote for McCain anyway!

letah75
07-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Perhaps the sweater didn't portray the somber GOPtude he felt important to get across to the voting public? Perhaps he was using "gay" as in happy?

:whistle:

Hmmm, maybe we at KH could get together a knit a long and knit an Oddball Rainbow type sweater for him....instead of the "boyfriend" sweater it could be the "presidential trail" sweater.

Just a few ideas:

misha rf
07-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Letah, I like the way you think!!! You too, Mason!! :rofling:

Jeremy
07-12-2007, 05:17 PM
If memory serves, this is the same guy that felt he had "gaydar".:rollseyes:

KellyK
07-13-2007, 09:24 AM
You would NEVER hear anyone use the N word to describe something as not very smart.

THANK GOODNESS!! :shock:

I wonder how many rainbow-colored knit goods he's already received in response to his outburst... :thinking:

I LOVE that idea.... SHOWER him with "gay" sweaters!

:teehee: :twisted:

ironmaiden
07-13-2007, 10:21 AM
John McCain has temper tantrum over having to wear a "gay sweater":roflhard:

McCain dislikes wearing ‘gay sweaters.’Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) reportedly is complaining about his aides forcing him to wear “gay sweaters” in order to look younger::??

According to one insider, the knit-picking was the crescendo of a tirade by the Arizona senator, in which he blistered aides about the minutiae of the campaign. … McCain reportedly declared his frustration with being told to don the perceived homosexual outerwear in order to look younger and more approachable.
:shrug:
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/07/11/mccain-dislikes-wea... /

just makes me want to sing - "Don me now this gay apparal":lol:

And how did McCain determine that his sweater was gay?:roflhard:

Whatever his reasoning, McCain = Barf

:ick:

msoebel
07-13-2007, 11:49 AM

:chair:

Why, oh why do you do that to me? It's a slow day at work, so I have spent the morning thinking about knitting and checking out the forums here at my desk.

Which is fine, as long as I am here to handle any last minute emergencies.

What is not fine is me laughing out loud, and then promptly falling out of my chair!:oops:

As for McCain...as a republican, I can honestly say that the man is challenged when it comes to sensitivity and intelligence.

Misty

Stiney
07-13-2007, 11:55 AM
A gay sweater is a sweater that is attracted to other sweaters. If the sweater is attracted to camisoles, then the sweater is also a pedophile.

Hetero sweaters are attracted to pants and skirts.

:rofl:

jjminarcik
07-13-2007, 11:58 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Riss
07-13-2007, 12:00 PM
lmao Stiney... you just made my morning...

Jan in CA
07-13-2007, 12:02 PM
A gay sweater is a sweater that is attracted to other sweaters. If the sweater is attracted to camisoles, then the sweater is also a pedophile.

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: :roflhard:

~wipes tears from face~.. seriously Stiney..do you do stand up? I'd pay to see you in a comedy club!

Stiney
07-13-2007, 12:12 PM
:aww:

No, definitely no stand-up. I get stage fright. :hiding:

jodstr2
07-13-2007, 01:05 PM

:cheering::roflhard::cheering:

threesmom
07-13-2007, 01:41 PM

:chair:

:roflhard::roflhard:

:yay: to you Stiney!

I haven't laughed that hard all week!

I agree - we should make McCain lots of rainbow colored items ... hats with big pompoms, scarves with ruffles and tassles, glittery thongs ... [sigh] how do you teach the ignorant and closeminded?

Mazie
07-13-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm just so glad no one got upset with this post. But, I should have known....

You people are the best!! and funny too.

Knitting_Guy
07-13-2007, 02:55 PM

My line was a mildly amusing off the cuff remark, yours is great. :roflhard:

msoebel
07-13-2007, 03:37 PM

I just spit Pepsi out of my nose.:roflhard:

Misty

nadja la claire
07-13-2007, 04:42 PM

:lol: :yay: GOOD ONE!!!

:muah: :hug:

Nadja :knitting:

nadja la claire
07-13-2007, 04:45 PM

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja :knitting:

iza
07-13-2007, 06:35 PM
Stiney, you're so funny!! :roflhard::chair::rofling:

Stiney
07-14-2007, 03:22 PM
:aww:

Thanks everyone.

(Can you all tell my family this? They're sick of my smart-butt jokes. :rofl:)