PDA

View Full Version : sea sock 2008

jeanius80
07-16-2007, 07:24 PM
anyone going? we (dh/me/dd) are probably going to go :) found out through a link on http://www.cast-on.com
here is a link for more info (http://www.mycruiseplanner.net/seasocks/)on the cruise

dh is even excited b/c he has always wanted to take a cruise to alaska. so he gets his dream cruise and i get lots of very cool knitting time! this should be fun ... :happydance:

Lady Violet
07-16-2007, 07:48 PM
i really want to go. it's three of my favorite things combined (cruising, ALASKA, and knitting). but right now i have absolutely no money as i'm still looking for a job. even if a do get a job that would allow me to afford it, i have to save up any possible time off to go visit my brother on okinawa in about a year and a half. he's in tech school for the air force right now and then he's getting posted to okinawa.

so long story short, i'm not going. but i definitely will be sometime in the future. it really would be a dream come true to actually get to knit in my favorite place on the planet. *sigh* :rollseyes:

jeanius80
07-16-2007, 08:14 PM
i know what you mean! this is a very awesome opportunity ( i am sure there will be more similar cruises in the future!) but, that is so cool that you are going to go to okinawa!

Vendie
07-16-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm jealous of both of you! I'd love to go to Alaska AND Okinawa! My dad was stationed in Okinawa when he was in the AF and I was born there.

AngMac
10-21-2007, 05:19 PM
We (dh & me) are going! We just got our confirmation and our cabin assignment. We are so excited since this will be our first vacation without our kiddos. Wow a whole week just the 2 of us and even more fun for me because I get to knit without interruption. :woohoo:

jeanius80
10-21-2007, 05:35 PM
i am so sad we can't go now :(

Had to use the money for family emergency... but i hope we will be able to go one of the next few times :)

AngMac
10-21-2007, 05:37 PM
Oh that's too bad but a really good reason. Family definitely comes first. :)

I had read somewhere that they are already starting the plans for Sea Socks '09.