PDA

View Full Version : New Member looking for information.

d.brissenden
07-19-2007, 07:12 AM
Can anyone tell me about that chat room thing. I just had an conversation with a bot and I don't know what to do with it. Can someone please explain what that is all about.
:shrug:

Doodknitwit
07-19-2007, 07:38 AM
bot chats until others show

d.brissenden
07-19-2007, 07:43 AM
do they talk about anything?

Susan P.
07-19-2007, 08:18 AM
The chat room is basically never used. A few people have tried but it doesn't seem to get off the ground. The best you can do is perhaps to go into the 'knitters near you' forum and ask if people in your area would like to join you for a chat @ an appointed time..??
Or ask here and say you'd welcome a chat and would anyone like to join you "next.....(and nominate a day and time)"

Carla1019
07-19-2007, 08:22 AM
knitbot,, talkes to you until someone else comes into the room. He/She is there to entertain you..which he/she does so well..

You can ask him:
For some gossip
Who made him
has he won any awards
what it is like to be a computer
How old he is.
How big or small he is.....

We had a nice talked the other day..

auburnchick
07-19-2007, 08:34 AM
I have actually found Friday nights to be busy in the chat room. Perhaps someone could schedule a standing Friday or Saturday night chat??

amy
07-19-2007, 01:36 PM
The chat room is basically never used. A few people have tried but it doesn't seem to get off the ground. The best you can do is perhaps to go into the 'knitters near you' forum and ask if people in your area would like to join you for a chat @ an appointed time..??
Or ask here and say you'd welcome a chat and would anyone like to join you "next.....(and nominate a day and time)"

Susan, are you aware that the chatroom was re-vamped last week? It seems that the newer version is drawing more participation. Largley thanks to our amusing bot! :lol:

Kaydee
07-19-2007, 01:59 PM
I love the chat bot! Its fun to go in there by yourself and have a convo with it.:teehee:

Sharly
07-19-2007, 03:03 PM
I actually had someone offer to leave so I could chat with the Bot! And, I did!! :)

Susan P.
07-20-2007, 04:09 AM
Ahh..well..no.. I didn't know the chatroom had been refurbished and Trump had flown his helicopter in *grin* Well, good to hear as a number of people seemed really interested in using the feature.

suzeeq
07-20-2007, 09:25 AM
I might try it this weekend when I get all caught up on the boards and have nothing else to do. If I have the right software....