PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Jacket from Interweave Crochet (Fall)

willowangel
08-03-2007, 04:51 AM
Hi there, magazine's on the other side of the room but it's the same one that has the Ruffle Scarf in it. I was wondering if anyone has tried this at all? I've been on it for a while now and it's getting a bit confusing now.

Essentially, it's supposed to be worked in one piece and divided up for the left front, right front and back, but I just can't see how it's going to happen. The bits of the pattern that confuse me are quite big, so don't want to hit you guys with a wall of text before checking to see if anyone else has done it :-)

Argh! I just keep looking at it and wondering how the hell it's supposed to work. Damn patterns....

Anyway, hope someone can help,
Fi xxx

marykz
08-03-2007, 11:15 AM
ooh- I looked at that one and was confused as well. sorry-

willowangel
08-03-2007, 02:26 PM
At least it's not just me! ;-)

aineepooh1
08-07-2007, 12:06 AM
I haven't got my issue yet ( i got a subscription as a bday gift) BUT when I do get it I will give it a closer look:thumbsup: and see what you're talking about.

willowangel
08-07-2007, 02:22 PM
I think I got it - but I ran out of yarn!!!!

I followed Hildie's advice in her signature, 'trust the pattern' and kept going, and it seems to make sense now. I hope. We'll see.

I've emailed the girl I got the yarn from in the hope she has some more (it's hand-dyed) but if she doesn't, she has some of the undyed stuff and I can dye the whole lot purple.

It's a really pretty pattern, hope it works out.

Fi xxx

aineepooh1
08-07-2007, 03:59 PM
willowangel.. can you post a pic... i don't think it's been release here (in the us) yet.. and now I am DYING to see what your talking about~!!:biting:

willowangel
08-07-2007, 07:57 PM
Ainee - it's actually from an old one (2005) - http://www.interweavecrochet.com/images/projects/pirate.jpg
Made out of big marguerite clusters, which I'd never done before but are easy once you get going :-)

Got an email back saying she's out of the country til the 13th, so won't know til after that *cry* So I've put it in a bag and am getting on with my stitch diva cardi wrap with my own hand dyed silk :-)

Fi xxx

aineepooh1
08-09-2007, 11:26 PM
WOW~ very pretty:cheering: