PDA

View Full Version : My Very First Stitch Marker

ekgheiy
08-08-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm totally loving beaded stitch markers, so I thought I'd give it try. Here's my very first stitch marker. It's kinda plain, but I'm working on the mechanics of the process for the moment. The creativity comes later. :mrgreen:

Any suggestions, tips, tricks?? Please share :pray:

rebecca
08-08-2007, 08:46 PM
WTG!!!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I picked up some things to make certain markers needed for a Cat Bordhi pattern. then i saw sterling silver findings and then I decided that I can tell it's my next new "obsession" (not close to knitting obsession, though!). I so want to make st markers that are small enough for my sock needles, etc.
i only hope I can do as well as you have done!

ekgheiy
08-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Thanks Becka!! OOoo...st markers for sock eh?? You sure do know how to inspire! ;)

Update .... I have some more ... :woohoo:

tilllie
08-08-2007, 11:27 PM
Very nice! I thought about trying to make them....but I don't need another hobby that would undoubtedly require some kind of stash!!!

cecile77
08-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Did you say plain? I think it's beautiful.

Sharly
08-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Wow! You did a great job! If you guys keep sharing pictures, I'm afraid I'm going to have to bite the bullet and give this a try....:eyes:

Nobones
08-09-2007, 03:23 PM
They are lovely, I don't think they are plain at all!
I made a set of stitch markers for my swap buddy I found it quite fun making them and enjoyed putting the colours together.

ekgheiy
08-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Thank you thank you!! :)

I agree Nobones! They are quite fun to make!! Today, I spent my lunch hour making more. The beads were a bit pricey, but that's probably because I'm a beginner and don't know the quality hot spots to get good ones cheap.

I guess the only problem now is .... If I keep this up, I won't be able to knit enough to use them all!! :roflhard:

Knitting_Guy
08-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Very nice.

Riss
08-09-2007, 07:53 PM
I guess the only problem now is .... If I keep this up, I won't be able to knit enough to use them all!! :roflhard:

*grins* There is no way i'm ever gonna use all of the ones i've made! I'm gonna end up giving em away or swapping them. :)

Oh oh.. i've been getting beads at ACMoore... they have a huge selection, and they have bags of assorted beads in color schemes (like a bag of blue, pink, brown etc..) where some of the beads are glass, some are plastic. Its a great way to get a small stash started for not a lot of money. :)

I've stuck pictures of my markers up on my blog if you need ideas. :)