PDA

View Full Version : Knitting Backwards

Lighting57
08-14-2007, 08:20 PM
EZ mentions, in her books, having learned to knit backwards in order to avoid having to turn her work and purl a row prior to learning how to knit in the round. I have seen mention of this technique in a few post, but I have not been able to find instructions or pictures that teach this. Can anyone help me learn this new trick?:??

zkimom
08-14-2007, 09:14 PM
Look under the Basic Techniques and scroll down to Purling -- there is a video called "knitting back." Is that what you mean?

Best,
Susan

Jess_knit
08-14-2007, 09:29 PM
That video should be what you need...also, this knitty article helped me a lot when I first wanted to learn how to knit backwards (for entrelac):

http://www.knitty.com/issuesummer06/FEATreverse.html

Carla1019
08-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Knitting backward............ I thought that was called froging:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::ch air::chair::poke::poke::teehee:

Lisa Kay
08-14-2007, 11:01 PM
Knitting backward............ I thought that was called froging:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::ch air::chair::poke::poke::teehee:

:roflhard:

Here's another link to help:

Knitting Backwards (http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/secure-html/onlineec/instructionalArticle.asp?iaid=15)

suzeeq
08-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Knitting backward............ I thought that was called froging:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

Naw... that's not-knitting.

Duckling326
08-15-2007, 02:05 AM
What I was told to do when I learned to knit backwards was to flip your work around to see what it looks like when you're in a stitch.

astonh
08-15-2007, 10:41 AM
Knitting backward............ I thought that was called froging:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

Oh my goodness.... I'm STILL laughing SO hard at that comment. I agree with Carla1019 on that. Maybe I am just too tired this morning but her comment caused me to almost wet my britches. HA!

Lighting57
08-15-2007, 10:46 PM
Thanks everybody. If I could learn to write my name from right to left and backwards and upside down at the same time, I should be able to do this with some practice.

Knit1Drop1
08-18-2007, 06:04 PM
I thought this was a joke... I was thinking "gnittink."

Which ACTUALLY would be pronounced an awful lot like knitting. That's so weird!!!

What is it about purling that makes you want to avoid it?