PDA

View Full Version : Argh!!

Snugglebugmom
08-23-2007, 08:43 AM
I cast on for Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's Snowdrop Shawl two days ago, and so far I have had to frog it 5 times already! I keep ending up with two many stitches, which causes the whole pattern to become off-center. I am getting soooo sick of starting over all the time. :!!!: Anyone else have any problems with this pattern or am I just really dense?

Jan in CA
08-23-2007, 01:17 PM
I don't think you're dense. Lace can be difficult to knit and it's common to have to frog it a lot. The best thing to do is to use a lifeline and move it up as you work every 10 rows or so. I am doing a lace scarf and I'm moving my lifeline up every pattern repeat which in my case is 12 rows. I'm not sure about the pattern you are talking about though.

GardenGirlKnitsToo
08-24-2007, 02:17 PM
I don't think you're dense either. The lifeline was the best idea I've ever heard. I'm making a lace-like hat/scarf set, and I put one in every pattern repeat. Sometimes I get lazy, and skip one, and don't you know, every single time I do I screw it up and have to frog back to the last one! :hair:

Snugglebugmom
08-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the reassurance, guys! I have started putting in lifelines too, what a marvelous idea. They have actually saved my bacon several times before, namely every time my 21 month old daughter pulled all five needles out of my cable sock. :teehee:

Mulderknitter
08-24-2007, 08:42 PM
If you really are having problems even after the lifeline, why don't you send off a quick email to SPM, she may have a tip or 2 for that particular pattern:shrug:

Snugglebugmom
08-25-2007, 08:20 AM
Ooh great idea! Thanks!