PDA

View Full Version : Fat Bottom Bag stitch pattern help

knitqueen
08-27-2007, 07:09 PM
I just started on the Fat Bottom Bag from Happy Hooker. I know there are a few of you who have made it, or at least who have the book.

I've done about 8 rows or so, and the stitch pattern - which is a herringbone half double - just doesn't look right. I have read and re-read the instructions for the stitch many times and I am certain that I am doing it correctly. Maybe it looks different once the bag takes shape, I don't know.

Could you look at this picture and tell me if it looks how yours did at this point? (Click on the picture for a larger view)

EssenceRose
08-27-2007, 08:30 PM
I've started it, but I'm not as far as you are yet (I'm switching between the fat bottom bag and the granny's no square bag). However, mine looks similar to that. It curves around that way just like yours does... So I'd say yes, you are most likely doing it correctly.

However, there are probably more experienced people here who can confirm that. Good luck! I can't wait to see the finished product!

robynbird
08-28-2007, 03:51 PM
I just started on the Fat Bottom Bag from Happy Hooker. I know there are a few of you who have made it, or at least who have the book.

I've done about 8 rows or so, and the stitch pattern - which is a herringbone half double - just doesn't look right. I have read and re-read the instructions for the stitch many times and I am certain that I am doing it correctly. Maybe it looks different once the bag takes shape, I don't know.

Could you look at this picture and tell me if it looks how yours did at this point? (Click on the picture for a larger view)

You are doing it right. I was concerned too when I made mine...it didn't look like a bag. You are making the bag from side to side. You will increase then you'll begin decreasing. Just keep going...trust the pattern. :)

knitqueen
08-28-2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks, both of you. I'm not concerned about the shape of the piece, I can see how it will come together. It's just the stitch pattern itself that's supposed to look 'herringbone' and it just isn't. I've kept on though, and I can kind of see the look of it now, how if you hold the bag straight up and down (as though it's finished and you're holding it by the handles) the rows are vertical rather than horizontal.

Anyways, I'm about half done and will post pics soon. I've got at least one other project that I need to finish too. And I do hope to line the bag and of course need to purchase handles.

Bye for now!

lissie
09-01-2007, 12:25 AM
The stitches do look the same as mine, if that helps...