PDA

View Full Version : Alpaca Lacy Scarf

knitgal
09-10-2007, 11:04 AM
I bought the most beautiful yarn at the Kitchener Knitter's Fair on Saturday. It's Alpaca from a local farm and I've never felt anything softer. I bought it in a little kit with a pattern for a little lacy scarf. When blocked it will be a little wider and the lace easier to see. It's a little hard to knit with because it's so fine and I shouldn't have started it on metal needles because it has slipped off a couple of times. I may buy some wood needles and switch if I start going nuts! Here's my progress so far...

Jan in CA
09-10-2007, 12:43 PM
That's going to be really pretty. :thumbsup:

Mockle
09-10-2007, 12:51 PM
I love that blue colour and it must be so soft ...this is going to be a beautiful and special scarf.

GiddyKnitter
09-10-2007, 01:42 PM
That will look lovely when finished and so soft x

Sunny_Singer
09-10-2007, 03:21 PM
that is so pretty.

It's a little hard to knit with because it's so fine and I shouldn't have started it on metal needles because it has slipped off a couple of times. I may buy some wood needles and switch if I start going nuts!

I have 2 pair of bamboo needles.. and 2 of the aluminum. I prefer bamboo, but there just aren't enough places in my area that sell knitting tools and yarm :(

I can only get bamboo at one store, and they only have sizes 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 and 13... They don't even have hooks or space for other sizes.

knitgal
09-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Do you find that the bamboo needles are less slippery for something fine and soft?

dustinac
09-11-2007, 09:09 AM
that will be very pretty and I love the color:happydance:

italianchildhood
09-12-2007, 11:26 AM
It looks beautiful! The yarn is lovely and the stitching is too.

sue in canada
09-12-2007, 04:48 PM
I also bought an alpaca lace scarf kit at the Kitchener fair. Mine is Silver Cloud Alpacas but I haven't started yet. I must finish up other projects first. I think bamboo needles are probably what I shall use as it will be my first lace project. Yours looks very nice so far.