PDA

View Full Version : Ribbon yarn poncho for 3 yr old

niffer
09-11-2007, 08:32 AM
I'm not panicing, I'm not panicing, I'm not panicing, I'm not panicing, I'm not panicing, I'm not panicing, I'm not panicing,
OK, I'm panicing a bit!

:wall:

Just remembered that its my neices birthday on Sunday, I'm skint - but I have a lot of yarn. I have some pink girly ribbon yarn that I'd love to make her a poncho or something similar out of.

Has anyone got any ideas where I can find a pattern?

Failing that, what else could I knit with it?

marykz
09-11-2007, 08:53 AM
ribbon yarn looks great on larger needles in a simple garter- maybe a nice triangle shape? or the two rectangle poncho? or a drop stitch? (where you wrap the yarn around on one row, then drop the wraps in the next...

I just made a shoulder wrap out of wide ribbon yarn and huge needles: made a rectangle, did a couple decreases for the shoulders, and added a pin to close it.

I did a pile of searching thru google with "ribbon yarn pattern knit" as my terms and there's a lot out there.... but I just ended up winging it. hope you find something you like!!!

(ps I made mine in 3 hours, so I'm sure you can whip something up in no time!!! don't panic!)

CTbarb
09-12-2007, 12:49 PM
I just ordered the yarn to make this ribbon poncho yesterday. Maybe you could just make it a lot smaller?

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/ki-poncho.html