PDA

View Full Version : Anouk Pinafore from knitty.com again

momwithtwins
09-13-2007, 02:58 PM
Hi. I posted a thread reguarding this pattern not too long ago. I still am having trouble with this pattern and was just curious if any one else has knit this pattern? And if so, how did it turn out?

Thanks,
MJ

mimi
09-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Hello, I just finished making the Anouk, and I do understand your trouble, because although the pinafore is darling, the pattern is not well written, and this I knew beforehand because I had read other comments on another forum. I acutally made it on circulars because I wanted it to be a dress. If you have a specfic question, I will try to help you. Where are you stuck?

momwithtwins
09-14-2007, 12:13 AM
Hi. I was stuck on the right front shoulder. But the assistant of the pattern writer responded to my email and informed me that there was a problem with the math in the pattern, and that it was too late to correct it on the site. She suggested to (on the rt front shoulder) to do the 4 seed sts, yo, k1. Then on the next row, k2tog to get back in the seed pat. I will do that tomorrow. I had enough mess with all the loose ends I have hanging all over from doing the right front neck shaping. What a mess!

I didn't realize that the "dress" was a pinafore until after I was half way through the front. I don't really like the looks of it hanging open on the sides . It's ok once they outgrow it and it's more of a tunic top over pants, but not as a dress. I decided to just sew the sides up and make it a dress. Then when the baby outgrows it, I can remove the sewing and attach the tabs to make it a tunic top. I like your idea a hundred times better. I don't really know how mine is going to look with the two seed st borders sewn right next to each other on the side seam. I am going to give some serious consideration to undoing the whole thing and starting over and doing it like you did. Did you make any adjustments to the neck shaping/shoulders on yours?

Sorry for the lengthy msg. It is so frustrating sometimes. I am not the most experienced knitter to say the least. LOL.

Would you mind posting a pic of your pinafore? I would love to see it.

Thanks a bunch.

MJ

mimi
09-14-2007, 07:42 AM
Boy, do I understand your frustration with this pattern. What I did was simply finish off the top straps in seed, then got two ladybug buttons and sewed them on. I still have a second pocket to do, but I will post a photo once my daughter comes because she knows how to post photos. I am still inexperienced at knitting as well as computer skills.