PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen these??

EssenceRose
09-16-2007, 07:02 PM
I think there are kind of neat. I often crochet in bed before falling off to sleep because it relaxes me. I wish I would have known about these!!

http://www.crochetmagazine.com/book_details.php?id=49

marykz
09-16-2007, 08:03 PM
lol- I have one!! I decided to get one in an H, b/c that is the one I used for dishcloths which I do in bed too!!! on cotton, however, the plastic is a little.... squeaky. it doesn't bother me enough not to use it, but it could dive someone nuts.

I also took it to the movie theater.... lol, but it was too distracting. it wasn't that it was too bright, but going in and out of the yarn made it a little flashy which bugged my DH.....

the owner of my LYS swears by the lit hooks to fix dropped knitting stitches in dark yarn- she says it makes fixing them so much easier.

CDBear
09-17-2007, 10:05 PM
It certainly makes crocheting on evening road trips much easier!! I have 2, an H and an E, and plan on getting more......

PurlyGyrl
09-20-2007, 09:20 AM
Well, isn't that cool!:p Does kinda remind me of tool my dentist used at my last visit! :teehee:

BinkyKat
09-20-2007, 11:45 AM
I'd like to try one or two for the same "dropping stitches" issues...but for some reason i thought the hook part looked to smooth, or not too deep...if you get my meaning. I couldn't feel it or test it out because they are sealed in the packages.
Any thoughts on their "hookiness" :shrug:

cmk
09-21-2007, 05:49 PM
My friend just purchased one but hadn't used it yet.

Squeaky is not good!

Carolyn

Sandi
10-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Those are cool. I say them at Michael's here in Canada. They have knitting needles to.....
:knitting:

Jenn_Knitter
10-11-2007, 02:13 PM
I dunno. I have their light up knitting needles and I'm not super fond of them. Maybe the crochet hooks are better, though since you're only working with the end of a crochet hook. My beef with the knitting needles was that you can't see what's going on at the other end of your needle (which means it's harder to catch a mistake early on).

Those crochet hooks are reasonbly priced, though. My knitting needles cost almost $18. Just be forewarned - the batteries for those things are insanely expensive.

mwhite
10-11-2007, 02:59 PM
I dunno. I have their light up knitting needles and I'm not super fond of them. Maybe the crochet hooks are better, though since you're only working with the end of a crochet hook. My beef with the knitting needles was that you can't see what's going on at the other end of your needle (which means it's harder to catch a mistake early on).

Those crochet hooks are reasonbly priced, though. My knitting needles cost almost $18. Just be forewarned - the batteries for those things are insanely expensive.

I have the knitting needles, too and they're great for dark areas like a bus or late at night in the car or even in bed. I use them mostly when I've got the granddaughter and she's napping to keep the lights low. The glare of both of them is too much so I usually just turn on one of them and that helps. You're right though, hard to catch mistakes.

speattle
10-24-2007, 01:46 AM
I just saw those for the first time today at Michaels. I didn't think I'd like the plastic tip though. However, I do see the usefulness for picking up dropped stitches on dark knitwork.