PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so who's going . . . .

zkimom
09-25-2007, 11:13 AM
to the NYS Sheep and Wool Festival?

I am going to try like heck to make it this year. I'm really not that far away. I'm hoping that dh is in town for that and maybe we can make a family outing of it. Otherwise, it will be just me and the kids.

It will be my first one. Ever since I've found out about it I have had conflicting obligations on that weekend. This time my calendar looks clear! Yippee!

Oh, yes, any advice for first time attenders is very welcome!

Thanks,
Susan

MrsDavis3
09-25-2007, 11:16 AM
What's NYS?

zkimom
09-25-2007, 12:10 PM
What's NYS?

New York State

knitasha
09-25-2007, 12:40 PM
New York State Sheep and Wool Festival at Rhinebeck, NY.
Here's the information.
http://www.sheepandwool.com/

vaknitter
09-25-2007, 01:17 PM
HMMM - I could drive to NY and kidnap my mother and take her with me....Most likely won't make it this year (8hr drive from VA) but will have to remember it for next year and take time off around it.

Our Fiber Festival is Oct 6-7th :woohoo:

mrslevite
09-25-2007, 01:39 PM
I don't think I'll be there, either. But I would love to go. Maybe next year . . . :teehee:

VictoiseC
09-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Hi Susan!!:waving: (and all)

This will be my 4TH year!!!! and I can't wait. It's absolutely my favorite event of the year. Here are a few pix to get you in the mood. It's just so gorgeous, esp if it's sunny.

My dh always comes and goes off on his own to watch the various contests (sheep dogs...etc.) My only advice is wear thick comfortable shoes. One year when it was rainy/damp I had on thin little stupid shoes and I got a cold. There's just so much to look at, I would like to go 2 days if I could. Even if you can't spend big bucks you get so many great ideas....

the food's good too. When you get tired of walking, go and sit in the tented area where they are showing sheep. There's so much gorgeous yarn it's mind boggling.

You'll love it!

Ingrid
09-25-2007, 07:04 PM
I've always had conflicts, too, but I'm hoping to make it this year. It's only about 40 minutes away, if that.

bailsmom
09-25-2007, 07:16 PM
:cheering: :cheering::cheering: ME ME ME!!!!!

I'm so excited I can't wait!! DH asked what I wanted for my birthday (it's in a week and a half, I think :think:) and I said, oh nothing, then I thought, hey when is that festival?? So I looked it up and waddayaknow!!!

So my present will be a little late, but I think it'll be worth the wait. :yay:

:woot: :woot: :woot:

Sunny_Singer
09-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Where is this festival please?

I am from upstate NY originally, and have family there even, but never heard of this!

Ingrid
09-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Where is this festival please?

I am from upstate NY originally, and have family there even, but never heard of this!

It's in Rhinebeck, at the Fair Grounds. knitasha posted the link.

rfmommy
09-25-2007, 09:48 PM
This year will only be my second time going, but I can't wait. :woot: I was pregnant last year and got pretty worn out. People did make way for me though. :thumbsup: Something about a big belly makes people move.

I have to say I know my son would love it there, he's 3 yrs old and loves farms, but I think it will kind of cramp my fiber enjoyment. Is that mean to say? I thought maybe my hubby could watch the kids while I shopped, but then I might feel kind of rushed so I think I will just leave them at home and enjoy the day with my sisters and friends.

I would highly recommend the event to anyone and make sure you get there early, it really takes 2 days to experience it all

VictoiseC
09-27-2007, 12:12 PM
[quote=bailsmom;968707]:cheering: :cheering::cheering: ME ME ME!!!!!

I'm so excited I can't wait!! DH asked what I wanted for my birthday (it's in a week and a half, I think :think:) and I said, oh nothing, then I thought, hey when is that festival?? So I looked it up and waddayaknow!!!

So my present will be a little late, but I think it'll be worth the wait. :yay:

Bailsmom! YOU AND ME BOTH! It's my birthday too... the first year I went to this festival it was ON my birthday, the 17th and what a great gift. This year it's off by a few days but I definitely will get my present there!

INGRID! You really should make it this year. It's so much fun and the yarns are so beautiful and you get to meet the most amazing women who are spinning and growing this yarn. Hey, we should all get together for a coffee or hot chocolate break yes?

sinistral_needler
09-27-2007, 01:15 PM
I wanna go too! Is anyone willing to make a detour and pick me up? Green Bay really isn't that far from New York State, if we fly across the lakes and such ..... :mrgreen:

SusanMarie1956
09-27-2007, 01:45 PM
I wish I could go... but Ohiom isn't exactly close by NY.
So have fun for me!