PDA

View Full Version : WOTA Color Recommendations

HamaLee
09-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Oh yeah that's right, I'm knitting 87 FT clogs for Christmas baby! (I might be slightly hyperbolic)

Anywho, I'm going with Knitpicks WOTA for the yarn cuz it's cheap and I know it felts well. I never trust the monitor's version of colors so I thought I'd ask if anyone has any personal experience with the following colors:

Cranberry
Iron Ore
Would you say that either one of these is a fire engine horrifying red? Is one much more bright than the other? I'm looking for a deep red rather than a candy apple.

Also: will Cloud felt nicely? And is Winter Night a nice navy color?

Thanks! :muah:

feministmama
09-26-2007, 11:14 AM
87!?!?!?! Why??????????

HamaLee
09-26-2007, 11:26 AM
87!?!?!?! Why??????????

:teehee:
Well that's why I said I was maybe being a bit hyperbolic. It just feels like I'm going to knit that many. :zombie:

Jan in CA
09-26-2007, 12:36 PM
I used cranberry on my first bag. It's red, but not a bright fire engine red. It was really pretty!

jodstr2
09-26-2007, 01:44 PM
I used cranberry on my first bag. It's red, but not a bright fire engine red. It was really pretty!

ditto what Jan said. Cranberry is a really pretty, deep rich red.

Winter Night leans more toward royal blue than navy. it's a deep pure blue. I don't consider it navy, but others might.

I don't have experience with Cloud, sorry.

joyuna
09-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Iron Ore is definitely a brighter red than it appears. Though it's not horrifyingly bright, and I haven't used the Cranberry shade to compare.

HamaLee
09-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Thanks everyone!
I switched the Iron Ore over to Cranberry, I"ll see how that goes. I'm also pondering doing everyone's bumper/soles in the same color so I can buy fewer skeins but....hey $100 for all my holiday gifts is a damn good price! (I'm sure I'll be able to think of a few more excuses to purchase unnecessary yarn :teehee:)

HollyP
09-27-2007, 09:02 AM
I haven't had any problem with the cloud not felting. Good luck! I made Ft clogs last Christmas for everyone , now a few are asking for another pair since they wore them out!