PDA

View Full Version : What Is ....

SusanMarie1956
09-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Good Afternoon,

I Have a pattern for a man's hat / Cap. It calls for SPORT YARN. Now my question is:L

Is this sport yarn ? Bernat Camouflage Yarns

Go to www.Bernat.com and look. PLEASE. They don't say what it is there.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Susan

kemp
09-27-2007, 01:40 PM
I'm sure they mean sport weight. Camouflage is worsted (http://yarndex.com/yarn.cfm?yarn_id=1856) but you might be able to get guage with it anyway depending on what the pattern calls for.

marykz
09-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Hi Susan- I happen to have this yarn right in front of me! the label says worsted, and I'm using a US size 7 needle on it for a scarf. Worsted, 4 ply, the yarn weight is a 4/ medium. It recommends a US size 8 needle or H8 hook.

HTH!

SusanMarie1956
09-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Cheryl & Marykz,

Thank You! I put the YARNDEX in my favorites for later use. :thumbsup: And I'm sure I'll be using it.

I'm knitting my husband a hat for hunting in that ugly BRIGHT Hunter's Orange. The apttern call for 90 stitches on a 3 1/2 US needle. I don't think this is the pattern I can use with that Bernat yarn. I better find a different pattern.

I bet marykz is making something for hunting also. :teehee:

Thanks to you both!

Songbirdy
09-27-2007, 03:18 PM
I just wanted to give you a second endorsement... I'm knitting up slippers in it and it is worsted. [that way I can post pictures for Grandma Corrie's Slipper pattern]