PDA

View Full Version : My weekend of book finds (All knitting related!)

knitncook
10-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Our local library had its annual booksale this weekend. I didn't find much that was very interesting, but did find this small "Dell Purse Book" from 1972 titled "Knitting & Crocheting a step-by-step guilde including 90 pattern stitches with photos" It originally sold for 49. The volunteer doing check out didn't even charge me for it. It's really interesting with most of the booklet devoted to knitting patterns. it has the name of the stitch, the number of stitches and rows needed and then the instructions. So for "Double Moss Stitch" it sais it is don on 4 sts - 4 rows. Rows 1 and 2: *K2, p2* Rows 3 and 4: *P2, k2* Oh I see some sock patterns coming my way!

I also recieved in the mail Viking Patterns ofr Kintting. It's really cool to look at and see where she got all her designs and then incorporated them into patterns. Definitely some sweater knitting in my future!

And then if that wasn't enough I was at Barnes and Noble today and they had all their Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Vol. 1 (Kint and Purl) on sale for half off!! So $15 rather than $30. They still had a huge stack of them. Might check your local store to see if they have the same. There were some other knitting books marked off 50% as well.

It was a definite knitting book weekend! :woohoo:

Prazzie
10-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Sounds great! I like old books, you have to wonder how many people used the Dell Purse Book to knit from. And now you have it, and for free too! Nice one on the half-price Vogue, too.

I can't wait to see what you come up with, sock and sweater wise.

SusanMarie1956
10-01-2007, 03:38 PM
Knitncook,

That is a book I'm looking for!

Susan

booskibabe
10-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Wow how cool! I love old books. :)