PDA

View Full Version : Ravelry Button in Sig?

sinistral_needler
10-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Okay now, I feel like a doo-fus:zombie::eyes:, but how do ya'll get the Ravelry button in your sigature that links to your ravelry profile?

The buttons are here:

http://www.ravelry.com/wiki/revision/Ravelry-inspiredworks?rev=4

but how do you attach them and link them?

Jan in CA
10-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Right click on the button you want and save it to your computer. I put it on my desktop because it was easy to find. Then go to your profile and edit your sig. Where it says signature picture you upload the image. To make it click able like mine click the picture so it's "selected" then click the link button and put your ravelry link in the box.

ETA: Tracy, you may have to resize and/or edit the text in your sig so the whole thing won't be too large.

momwolf
10-08-2007, 12:15 PM
We have so many buttons now we need to be able to put more in.If I put in ravelry then can't have winter swap:!!!:

Jan in CA
10-08-2007, 12:48 PM
We have so many buttons now we need to be able to put more in.If I put in ravelry then can't have winter swap:!!!:

You have Ravelry. :?? We REALLY try to keep the sig size down to about 200 pixels in height. Otherwise it gets ridiculous and you have to scroll so much just to see the next post. :doh: ;)

This is 200 pixels (click to see full size).

sinistral_needler
10-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Oh, I have if worked out. Thanks for the help Jan!!

momwolf
10-08-2007, 11:11 PM
So how do you get them side by side.I have lots of room next to my name?

karne
10-09-2007, 01:02 PM
That's not working for me :( If I upload a new sig picture, it shows up under my user name... to the left of this post.

I'm so confused...I've done this before!!!! I HAD tags/graphics on my signature and now it won't work.

misha rf
10-09-2007, 02:26 PM
If you copy the images into an editing program (I used Paint), you can put them side by side in one image, save it & then upload it. Hama gave me that info.

sinistral_needler
10-09-2007, 02:59 PM
That's not working for me :( If I upload a new sig picture, it shows up under my user name... to the left of this post.

I'm so confused...I've done this before!!!! I HAD tags/graphics on my signature and now it won't work.

Hi Karne, I edited my Signature in my user profile to get the ravelry button and text underneath what I type. It sounds like you might be editing your profile picture?

BinkyKat
10-09-2007, 09:27 PM
I tried this yesterday and it seemed to work. Just a moment ago I saw my "button" now says "I Suck" in big letters with "I'm stealing bandwidth" very small, so it looks at first glance like it just says "I Suck." You can see that button if you go to the link in the first post of this thread
Real nice...:oops:
I went and removed it...and am wanting to email someboday, anybody...to ask why couldn't a notice be sent to tell me to fix my error, instead of putting a lame "sticker" in place of the button to advertise to everybody that they think I'm an idiot.
I'm not that thin-skinned, but that sort of goes against the happy happy joy joy ambience they seem to have going on.
A little "in your face" for a fledgling project doncha think?
:pout:

meearnol
10-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I noticed that BinkyKat. I was kinda thinking "why the heck did she put that on there?" Stupid buttons. Grumble grumble grumble...

karne
10-10-2007, 09:24 AM
I was following above directions. Normally, I click on Insert Image. which I did... but the button didn't show up, just a written URL to find the button! My Ravelry graphic is on Flickr, and I got the URL for the graphic (by right clicking on Properties and copy/pasting the URL) and put that in Insert Image. Nothin'... just a written out URL.

I had graphics in my sig tag earlier... now I can't get it. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong that is right in front of my face!!!! :)

Hi Karne, I edited my Signature in my user profile to get the ravelry button and text underneath what I type. It sounds like you might be editing your profile picture?

sinistral_needler
10-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Well, I don't know anything about the snarky "You Suck" image and you do need to take that issue to amy/sheldon ..

Here is what I did to get the ravelry button to work:

I downloaded the graphic to my computer to a spot that I could remember. The graphics are on the website listed in my first post on this thread.

Click on User CP in upper left hand corner.
On the control panel, click "Edit Signature".
I used Option 2, Upload Image from your computer, located the *.gif or whatever, then clicked "Save Signature".
You will still be in the Edit Signature page when it refreshes.
The signature area will now have a [SIGPIC] code in it.
Select the code, click the "Insert Link" button on the toolbar (below the little grey smiley face) and enter the address that you want the graphic to link to - mine was http://www.ravelry.com/people/sinistralneedler (directly to ravelry profile).
Click "Save Signature" again and it should work.

May the force be with you ....

karne
10-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Ok, I did all that... we'll see what happens! :)

karne
10-10-2007, 01:24 PM
rats

SAHMLamar
10-14-2007, 08:43 AM
So glad I found this thread.:cheering:

walmin22
10-29-2007, 05:26 PM
Tracy - Thank you for the step by step instructions!

kschmitz
10-29-2007, 08:09 PM
karne, for some reason I couldn't get the link to my Flickr account to work either. I ended up using the link to the saved image on my computer.

Well, now that I've tried it, I see it's not working for some reason. Hmmm.

Ok, I followed Tracy's instructions. In the "signature preview" window it has the button there, but nothing here. I'm at a loss.

sinistral_needler
10-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Sometimes, when I update my profile, I forget to click the "Save" button at the bottom of the screen. Maybe that's what happened for you?