PDA

View Full Version : My Father's Explanation regarding Knitting Needles

Songbirdy
10-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Today my mother saw my wish list on the fridge. When she saw that I had "Options" listed, she asked what they were.

When I explained what they are, and that I think I'll like them (might know soon Crossed Fingers) she asked why I needed more knitting needles as I have a lot of my Grandmother's needles.

My father piped up in my defence...

"Well, its like drill bits. You never know what you are going to have to drill through, so its important that you have all sorts of drill bits so that when it comes time, you can drill the hole you need!"

:roflhard::teehee::roflhard::teehee:

Thanks Dad! [now why would a Financial Speaker use that analogy?]

knitncook
10-08-2007, 05:44 PM
I love it and am going to use it as my excuse from this day forward as to why I need so many different sizes and kinds of needles.

Denise in Michigan
10-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Today my mother saw my wish list on the fridge. When she saw that I had "Options" listed, she asked what they were.

When I explained what they are, and that I think I'll like them (might know soon Crossed Fingers) she asked why I needed more knitting needles as I have a lot of my Grandmother's needles.

My father piped up in my defence...

"Well, its like drill bits. You never know what you are going to have to drill through, so its important that you have all sorts of drill bits so that when it comes time, you can drill the hole you need!"

:roflhard::teehee::roflhard::teehee:

Thanks Dad! [now why would a Financial Speaker use that analogy?]
It's true! I have drill bits for lots of different projects...and needles for lots of different projects, too! Right on, Dad!

colleenm
10-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Absolutely true!!
In fact, that's how I justified the purchase with my husband. I told him they were the "tools" I needed.

Luckily he's a tool junkie and bought it!! ;-)

Knitting_Guy
10-08-2007, 07:08 PM
I use the tool justification myself. :rofl:

Arielluria
10-08-2007, 07:19 PM
LOL! Great and correct explanation!

RE needles......before I knit I went to a garage sale of a friend of my mom's. His elderly mother had passed away and there were TONS of needles of every size..........many duplicates of the same size.......I couldn't understand WHY would you need more than one set of size 10s or whatever. Now I know!................OTNs............:teehee:

misha rf
10-08-2007, 07:38 PM
What an excellent justification!! I'll have to remember that one :rofl:

Jan in CA
10-08-2007, 07:56 PM
:thumbsup:

:teehee:

dmknits
10-08-2007, 08:28 PM
:rofl:

knitgal
10-08-2007, 08:53 PM
I love it! Such a good excuse for owning more needles!

iza
10-08-2007, 09:54 PM
:roflhard: Too funny... and true! :shifty: :teehee:

meearnol
10-08-2007, 10:33 PM
I think you may have opened up a whole new avenue of communication between me and my dad. I might even be able to convince him to buy me a set of Options for Christmas this year! He did buy me a cordless drill last year, so I've got that one covered. :teehee:

Brandilyne
10-08-2007, 11:32 PM
Hee! I love this, I can't wait to tell my Dad :mrgreen:

Now he'll feel compelled to buy me a set of Options for Christmas as well!

Thanks for the giggle :teehee:

Songbirdy
10-09-2007, 12:10 AM
I'll have to show my Dad the reaction to his comment, he'll just be tickled pink!

:) Thanks all of you!

madidolly
10-09-2007, 07:53 AM
Such a wise Papa you have!

bjc1050
10-09-2007, 09:15 AM
My DH has quite a collection of drill bits and other tools, so that was my automatic justification.

:mrgreen:

KT120
10-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Yup this is what I just told myself as I bought the Options this weekend. :)

PurlyGyrl
10-09-2007, 10:09 AM
:cheering:Yeah to your Dad. That's the perfect analogy!:thumbsup: I'll have to use that one on my dad (although he still gets knitting and crocheting confused :teehee:)

mrslevite
10-09-2007, 10:28 AM
I'll have to show my Dad the reaction to his comment, he'll just be tickled pink!

:) Thanks all of you!Ummm . . . was he dropping a hint that he would like a new set of drill bits? :mrgreen::wink:

GinnyG
10-09-2007, 10:52 AM
WHAT A GREAT DEFENSE, can't wait to use it on DH!!!

letah75
10-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Ummm . . . was he dropping a hint that he would like a new set of drill bits? :mrgreen::wink:

LOL, that is exactly what I was going to say. :roflhard:

karne
10-09-2007, 12:50 PM
I think that's a great explanation... I'm going to keep that one in my collection!

Songbirdy
10-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Ummm . . . was he dropping a hint that he would like a new set of drill bits? :mrgreen::wink:

Nope! My Grandfather just moved out of their house and left a massive collection of tools that my father has just finished organizing and sorting. Which is probably why it came to mind! I really can't think of a single tool my father needs since he's got a work/hobby shop of most men's dreams. And my mother is a painter and has an amazing studio :)

My father thinks this kind of funny... and told me I should have told him I was going to post this first :aww: !

SusanMarie1956
10-09-2007, 01:25 PM
GOOD FOR DAD!!!