PDA

View Full Version : Baby Hoodie

vcufashion419
10-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Hello everyone!!

I'm casting on tonight during my TV shows for my first wearable!! I will be making this: http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/60271.html?noImages=0 for my little baby niece (4 months old, her name is Violet, awwww!):inlove:

I will post pics as it progresses. I have been knitting on and off for about 4 years but haven't pushed myself past scarves and hats....so this is a big step!! I can't wait to finish it so that little baby Vi can wear it!!! :woot:

I will need encouragement everyone!!;)

speattle
10-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Cute pattern. I love LB Jiffy yarn. I recently made a baby blanket and booties and a bonnet from it.

vcufashion419
10-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Cute pattern. I love LB Jiffy yarn. I recently made a baby blanket and booties and a bonnet from it.

I don't have the yarn so I'm gonna sub with 2 strands of worsted yarn together.....gotta knit up a gauge swatch and make sure it works! I've been trying to use my stash as much as possible!

hob
10-08-2007, 10:28 PM
thats the pattern i wanted to do! but i can not get the yarn in the uk im puting it on hold till i find a stand in yarn. i want to see photos how far have you got???

vcufashion419
10-08-2007, 11:25 PM
i am only on like row 7....i got really distracted during my shows tonight! i promise when i make more progress i will let you all know!!

i am using just redheart yarn, so i had to adjust my stitches to the new gauge. i got the measurements of my niece from my sister so as long as it meets those it should be fine :)

AnotherBecca
10-10-2007, 04:46 AM
Great pattern!!

ritaw
10-10-2007, 06:44 AM
Nice pattern! Can't wait to see the finished hoodie:)