View Full Version : What can I do with two 50g balls of Noro Silk Garden?

10-10-2007, 04:30 PM
...plus another small ball of the same yarn. Its burning a whole in my stash and I don't have a clue what to do with it!

Jan in CA
10-10-2007, 04:42 PM
What weight is it? A hat maybe?

10-10-2007, 04:51 PM
What weight is it? A hat maybe?

hmm, it looks like its bulky, but i'm not 100% sure, it could be worsted.

10-10-2007, 04:52 PM
ok, according to yarndex, its worsted

10-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Silk Garden is worsted. It would make a beautiful hat!

10-10-2007, 10:13 PM
You could make this scarf:

10-10-2007, 10:18 PM
Here is a pattern for a scarf my sister figured out. Sorry I don't have a picture of one.

Especially well suited to Noro’s Silk Garden yarns because the length of variegations will create a beautiful interlocking triangle pattern, or multi directional pattern.

I used a size 6 needle for Silk Garden and don’t remember how many stitches I used.

Cast on one stitch.

Increase in stitch, turn and k back.
Increase in first stitch, k to end.
Repeat the last row until your work is as wide on the non-working edge as you want your scarf to be. You will have a piece of knitting that is triangular shaped.

To change direction:
Increase in first stitch, ssk, turn, k back.

Increase in first stitch, k1, ssk, turn work, k back.

Increase in first stitch, k2, ssk, turn work, k back.

Repeat row 3 until you’ve used all stitches. Continue repeating triangles beginning each unit with (1.) until scarf is as long as you like.

To end:

Just as you increased to begin the first triangle, we’ll now decrease to form the ending triangle:

Dec in first stitch, k to end.

Repeat this row until all stitches and rows have been worked.

Fringe or not as you like

10-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Nannaknits that would be beautiful with this yarn, thanks for sharing the pattern!

I'm goign to have to dig out the silk garden in my stash to try it!

10-11-2007, 08:05 PM
thank you for the suggestions, i may try the hat or nanaknits's sister's scarf. i'm sure either will be beautiful with this yarn.