PDA

View Full Version : My cat is NO LONGER Missing UPDATE!!!! GO to page 4

scout52
10-12-2007, 03:26 PM
As i was leaving for work this morning, i saw that my garage door was open and that my cat was gone!!! :waah: :waah: I've had her for six years!! she helped me get over the death of my first cat. I've had such a bad week at work and now she's gone. I feel like I'm falling apart. what's so strange is i think someone broke into my house. because the my garage Door was closed when I went to bed and then it was opened this morning. I didn't even check to see if anything was missing. I just want Elena back. I'm trying to stay positive but she has never been gone this long. I'm just worried that some dog hurt her or she was run over. She has her tags so I hope if someone has her they will call.

:waah::waah::waah:

AnnaT
10-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry!! I can imagine your distress. I hope you find her soon. :waah:

Krystal
10-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Oh I am so very sorry. I hope you find her. :pray::heart:

Lisa_H-Town
10-12-2007, 03:48 PM
I will think positively that she will find her way home, or some kind person will return her to you... I know how awful the feeling is!

Best wishes for her quick and safe return....

Jan in CA
10-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Oh no, I'm so sorry! Cats often take off and then return. Hopefully she'll be home for dinner. Put up some flyers if you can!

PurlyGyrl
10-12-2007, 03:56 PM
:hug:Bless your heart. I hope kitty finds her way home. And I hope it was just a malfunctioning door and not a burglary for you. Try to keep postive thoughts. I'll be saying a few "Here kitty, kitty, kitty"s for ya' :muah:

Mulderknitter
10-12-2007, 04:35 PM
:grphug:I lost my cat Mulder for about a day 3 years ago when he got startled by my stepdad leaving and bolted. We had no idea where he was and I was literally hysterical. My DH had to pick me up from the floor of the humane society where we went looking and carry me to the car. When we found him he was hiding in the bushes of a neighbors house, too scared to come when we called.
If he's scared he's probably close by, they usually find a hiding spot to hunker down into and stay there until found. Mulder would not have come out on his own, he's a 12 yr old 20 pound house cat never been outside. Check bushes, hidey holes, recycling bins in the alley, anywhere he could fit and hide. And good for you putting tags on him. You took the right steps in making sure that if this did happen it would be 100% more likely to get him home again.
Best wishes my dear, keep us updated. Kitty is in my :heart:

Spikey
10-12-2007, 05:13 PM
So sorry to hear that your beloved Elena is missing!! :hug:

Have you tried putting out food or tuna?

That's how I found one of my cats when he jumped off the balcony. We set out dishes of his food in the backyard, and a plate of tuna. Sure enough, he came out of where he was hiding in a drainpipe to eat!

Hope she comes home very soon! Please keep us posted.

Your sister cat lover,
Spikey

sylvia
10-12-2007, 06:06 PM
keeping looking
i lost my cat for six weeks
we had a store that she lived in
and we had condo across the street
i have no idea how she got out and it
was january and cold
all the time she was in the medical building garage
next door
they c ame and told me about it
and would you believe it she wouldnt come out to me
she came out for my husband and she was covered with oil
but she lived out of the garbage cans
i had her for another 14 years
dont give up
sylvia

stitchwitch
10-12-2007, 07:29 PM
You'll find her!!! :hug:

scout52
10-12-2007, 07:35 PM
thank you for all your words of hope!! :grphug: I need them. I've spent all day trying not to break down crying. :verysad: we put out food trying to lure her back home. so far no luck. We put up a bunch of flyers. Her tag has all her information so hopefully if someone finds her they will bring her back. i just keep hoping she will turn up on the front porch whining to come in.

jamiejeans
10-12-2007, 07:58 PM
oh my! My heart goes out to you. I can't imagine how this must feel! I have 2 kitties and would be heartbroken without them. I will pray for her speedy and safe return to you; please keep us updated!

Mulderknitter
10-12-2007, 08:56 PM
I pm'd you:muah:

misha rf
10-12-2007, 10:29 PM
:hug::hug::hug::hug:

I know how you feel. Many years ago, my cat got out. We had a 1st floor apartment w/balcony. She'd gone on the balcony & mom didn't realize she was outside. I made flyers, asked all the kids in the neighborhood, spent hours outside looking for her. The third night, I heard her meowing. She'd gotten back up on the balcony. I woke my mom up (it must have been around 3 a.m.) to tell her the cat was back (and no, she didn't appreciate it). Kitty had a few ticks, but was otherwise ok, if a bit hungry.

I hope your baby comes back home soon!!!!!

Rorshach
10-12-2007, 10:47 PM
I, too, lost one of my cats, well not really lost per se, he actually decided to pick up and leave. He would come back now and then for some food, but for a long while we didn't see him. Then just recently, he's started to show up again. And I'm pretty sure that your kitty will come home a lot sooner than mine did.

gamerchik
10-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Like everyone is saying...cats very rarely stray far from home. I hope she meows at the door very soon!!!

:grphug:

Animals are so wonderful, and I know that she is part of your family. I am always so attached to my pets, and I've been there before so I know how you feel. I'll say a prayer that she comes home safe and sound!!! :hug::hug::hug:

cftwo
10-13-2007, 07:50 AM
I'm sorry - and I know how frantic you are. If your kitty is an indoor cat, she's probably mostly scared, so check places where she can hide near your house, put food out for her, spend time outside, play familiar TV/music so she can hear it.

When my kitties got out (they pushed out a screen, the little buggers), one came back quickly because I had trained her to come when I called (the best thing I've ever done is train my cats to come when they're called). But the younger cat hadn't caught onto that yet. Calling him didn't get him to come back, putting food out didn't get him to come back. But on the advice of some friends, I propped open the door and turned on the news, which I usually listened to. About 20 minutes later, he snuck back in through the door and hopped right up into my lap, relieved to no longer be out in the Big Noisy Outside. Thanks to Tom Brokaw. :) (I was also glad that no groundhogs or other country critters decided to take advantage of that open door.)

(To train your cat to come when called, use some sort of sing-song voice (or other sound) to call them whenever you feed them. I first did this as I was dumping food into their bowls right under their noses. Then call them with that same sound when you give them treats, and give them treats every so often so they don't forget. It works.)

dustinac
10-13-2007, 11:39 AM
:hug:I hope you find her soon... like other have said she is prolly close to home...and is prolly somewhere watching you but is to afraid to come out right now...:thumbsup:

MarthaStarWarsFan
10-13-2007, 01:08 PM
I hope you find your kitty soon! :hug:

scout52
10-13-2007, 05:00 PM
So far no luck. I've spent a sleepless night worrying about her. and to top it off it RAINED!! now the poor baby is wet and scared. She is trained to come when she is called but if she is terrified I really dont know if she will come. I called animal control but no one turned her in. I really hope she turns up soon. i left food for her at both doors (which other cats keep eating) and put clothes out with our scents so she can recognize home. i even went out with my other cat. so far nothing.

gamerchik
10-13-2007, 05:09 PM
*Hugs*

I know you feel discouraged, but don't give up. Remember what a smart little peanut she is -- she probably hunkered down under something to stay dry during the rain. Cats are so smart and resilient. I know you're a wreck and I can TOTALLY understand that. But just try to hang in there!

jcmom
10-13-2007, 07:01 PM
My cat was lost once for two days. I'd call his name and didn't hear him meow until it was quiet in the evening. He was stuck up in a tree, so look up. :hug:

HeatherFeather
10-13-2007, 10:03 PM
My kitty got out a couple of times...dh calls it the call of the wild. She FINALLY came home...keep the food out, and the rain actually makes the smell easier...

I'm so very sorry this has happened......:( PLEASE keep us posted!!!

Sandi
10-14-2007, 01:31 AM
I hope she wanders back home soon. It's nerve wracking when they are missing. Keep calling the animal shelter, and another good one is your local radio stations. I know where I live the radio stations all have lost and found. Usually they will broadcast a description for you....
Good luck and keep us posted!

Nobones
10-14-2007, 09:23 AM
I'm sorry your going through this, I hope your kitty comes home to you soon. Keep us updated.

bjc1050
10-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Hope your kitty turns up soon. We had a cat go missing for several days a long time ago. We placed an ad in the local newspaper. Turned out that some neighborhood kids had closed her in a shed and the parents contacted us.

scout52
10-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement. I really need it. So far nothing. not one sign of her. I called the emergency vets, i went to the shelter. I put flyers on ALL My neighbors doors. Oh god i hope she is safe. Its now been 2 days. I just keep hoping she is safe and if someone has her they do the right thing and give her back. if she is scared and crouched somewhere hopefully i will find her there.

gamerchik
10-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Just checking on you. I'm sorry you haven't found her yet, but don't give up! Hang in there!!! I can just imagine how you're feeling.

*HUGS* :grphug::grphug::grphug:

bailsmom
10-15-2007, 11:17 PM
I haven't read all the posts, but when I was little our cat got out and was gone for a few days. Turned out he had gotten stuck in a drain pipe (they are not too small, but he was a bit of a porker ;)).

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this, I can even imagine how you must feel, but I will say a prayer for you and your kitty to get home safely. :hug:

scout52
10-16-2007, 12:07 AM
So far no sign of her at all. :waah: :waah: the shelter was closed today so i couldn't go today. but online there was a cat matching her description so i am hoping it's her. I am going to go there doing my lunch break. I went on saturday but none of them were her. keeping my fingers crossed.

AnnaT
10-16-2007, 12:10 AM
So far no sign of her at all. :waah: :waah: the shelter was closed today so i couldn't go today. but online there was a cat matching her description so i am hoping it's her. I am going to go there doing my lunch break. I went on saturday but none of them were her. keeping my fingers crossed.

I so hope it's her!! I've was thinking about you and your cat yesterday. Please keep us updated!

gamerchik
10-16-2007, 06:31 AM
I hope it's your kitty!!! Good luck!!!

*Hugs*

Songbirdy
10-16-2007, 08:52 AM
:hug::hug::hug:

We had two cats until this weekend.

Anyhow the one cat snuck out once and we were so sure that he got run over as we lived on a very highway.

Then we started seeing him about 2 weeks after he left.

ON the 3rd week twice we heard him at the door and went running to let him in (very big house) but the dog scared him.

Finally we got him back but it was just over 3 weeks.

And he was 'fixed' as he was a shelter adoption but he constantly tries to leave.

As for the other cat, that is a very sad story!

I pray your sweet kitty comes home soon!

bjc1050
10-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Some cats just want to leave. When I was growing up, we had a cat that just took off and decided he wanted to be a church cat. I frequently saw him around a church yard as I walked downtown from my home. He wouldn't let you catch him. Must have been good hunting there. He was a mature cat when he took off. Good luck anyway.

Mayday
10-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. I know how hard it is when your pet is missing. You just wonder if they are scared or OK or happy.

mayday

figaro
10-16-2007, 10:10 AM
I hope you find your kitty soon! My cat Hobbes was "trained" to stay away from the door but every now and then she made it out. I think she spent one night outside in the 21 years she was alive. More than likely she is under a bush or something close to your house, I hope she comes home very soon!:hug:

scout52
10-16-2007, 12:50 PM
SHE CAME HOME!!!!:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

Elena came home around 3:30 last night. I was asleep, my room is over the front patio. I heard her very distinct demon fighting meow but i thought i was just dreaming. but then i heard my other cat go downstairs. so i went downstairs and opened the door and there she was. I just burst into tears. she was a bit dirty and smelled of pee but other than that she was ok.

thank you all for you support and kind words. i wouldn't have made it through these days without out the love and support of KH. :grphug::grphug::grphug::grphug:

stitchwitch
10-16-2007, 01:04 PM
I just let out a scream!! :cheering::cheering::cheering::cheering::cheering: :balloons::balloons:

Mulderknitter
10-16-2007, 01:10 PM
:woohoo::woot::woohoo::woot::muah:
I am sooooo happy for you!!!!!!
Give the little bugger extra hugs and kisses!:yay:

meearnol
10-16-2007, 01:11 PM
I'm so happy for you! I was feeling a bit like it was MY cat who had gone missing. I'm so glad she's okay. :woohoo:

scout52
10-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Thank you all!! Elena was soo sweet. She obviously missed us as much as we missed her. she kept waking us up just for us to pet her!! :muah::muah::muah: I happily obliged!! smelly cat and all. I'm going to bring her to the vet today to make sure she is ok and didn't pick anything up. I'm still soo giddy!!!:yay::yay::yay::cheering::cheering::cheeri ng::cheering:

Songbirdy
10-16-2007, 01:56 PM
:woot::woot::woot::woot:

Very happy for you and Elena

PurlyGyrl
10-16-2007, 02:05 PM
:woot::woohoo: :happydance: :cheering: :yay:
:woohoo: :woot: :yay: :happydance: :)

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! I'm so glad she found her way home. :hug:

Lisa_H-Town
10-16-2007, 02:10 PM
Ditto to above!!

AnnaT
10-16-2007, 02:11 PM
SHE CAME HOME!!!!

WONDERFUL!!!!:yay::cheering::woot::happydance: :mrgreen: :hug: cloud9 :woohoo:

Mayday
10-16-2007, 02:41 PM
AWESOME NEWS!!!!!

whatt relief you mestt have felt to see her!
:cheering::cheering::cheering::happydance::

mayday

figaro
10-16-2007, 02:42 PM
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::cheering::cheering:

WOOHOO to kitties coming home!!!:balloons:

HamaLee
10-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Hooray, I'm so happy she came home! :hug::grphug::heart:

(Change your thread title so everyone can breathe a sigh of relief! :teehee:)

KnittingNat
10-16-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm so happy for you :hug:! I would go nuts if that would happen to me... I'm really glad she came home:woot:

GiddyKnitter
10-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Oh my... I am so pleased for you I too have been worried sick about little Elena.
Thank goodness she is home safe and sound xxx

newamy
10-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Yeah! I have been following your cat adventure, though hadn't actually posted. I'm so glad she has returned home.

Nobones
10-16-2007, 04:17 PM
:grphug: Hooray! Give her extra love and cuddles, but maybe a bath first?! :shock: I'm so pleased for you.

jamiejeans
10-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Oh I am so happy! This is great news!!!!

this story makes me a believer in microchipping.

I am so glad she's back.

Mulderknitter
10-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Yes Jamiejeans! Microchip away! even your indoor cats can get outdoors and before you know it they're gone. :pout: Microchipping is just another safety for your kitty in case they are found. We did our kitties at the same time they were fixed, so that they were already out when they had it done.
Dont you wish Elena could tell you about her 3 day adventure? I sure am wondering where the heck she was!

Krystal
10-16-2007, 06:10 PM
Yay! I am so happy for you and your little kitty. :muah:

:woohoo::heart::heart::heart::hug:

cftwo
10-16-2007, 06:21 PM
:woot: :woohoo::cry::cheering: :yay: :)

(I only added the crying because I'm PMSing and therefore cry at the drop of a hat - happy tears that Elena is home again.)

scout52
10-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Tell me about the crying. I NEVER CRY!! and all I did was cry. My boyfriend is the sensitive one NOT me. and he said it was so strange to see me cry. now he said he has his girlfriend back. I'm taking both my cats to the vet to get them microchipped. and yes i really wish she could tell me where she was and what she was doing. and why she smells like pee??? i was able to get a vet appt for tomorrow to make sure she is ok and to give her any shots she may need just to be safe.

boy did i finally get work done. for the first time i wrote a brief in ONE day. :yay::yay::yay: all i have been doing is grinning like an idiot all day. :woot::woot::woot:

misha rf
10-16-2007, 08:36 PM
:woohoo::cheering::happydance::woot::yay::balloons :

That's fantastic!!!! I'm so glad she found her way home!!

brendajos
10-16-2007, 08:45 PM
That is wonderful news! you have GOT to change the smiley on your original thread now to indicate that it is a good result or i will get all panicky every time i see this thread...lol.

Yay kitty comin' home!!!! :happydance:

Sandi
10-16-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm so happy for you!!!! I know what it's like to have them gone.
Had to put ours down 3 weeks ago. And everytime I open the front door I still expect to see him there.

:woohoo::woohoo::hug::happydance:

SabrinaJL
10-16-2007, 09:39 PM
Glad to hear your kitty came home. :)

My two are indoor cats and one of them got out and was gone a month. He never actually found his way back. Someone had been feeding him and realized that he wasn't going home. She got the number of the microchip company off his tag and they called me.

At that point I had given him up for dead because we lived near a busy highway where I saw lots of dead animals.

Spikey
10-16-2007, 10:09 PM
WOO HOO!!!! I am SOOOO happy for you. I've been out of town and unable to check KH and was hoping you'd have a wonderful reunion by the time I got back.

We were all so worried for you! Even DH (who is not a big fan of KH) was sad when I told him your kitty was missing.

Give her a big hug for all of us. :grphug:

Spikey

gamerchik
10-17-2007, 01:48 AM
I am SO HAPPY for you!!! This is just wonderful news. I'm SO happy she came home!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!! :woot::cheering::yay::yay::cheering::woot:

HeatherFeather
10-17-2007, 06:55 AM
WHOOHOO!!!:muah::hug::heart::muah::hug::heart:

when my kitty came home from being gone for about a week...she was SOOOOOO clingy...lol it took her a long while to get back to her standoffish self...actually, after that, she WAS a bit more loving....

Silver
10-17-2007, 07:14 AM
Yay!!! That's such wonderful news. Yay for the smart-home-finding kitty! :cheering:

sue in canada
10-17-2007, 08:10 AM
Wonderful news

dustinac
10-17-2007, 09:21 AM
:woot:YAY!! That is wonderful :woot:

sylvia
10-17-2007, 11:46 AM
i knew i just kew it
glad that she is home
by the way this hasnt taught
her a lesson
so watch the little demon
sylvia:woot:

rissa
10-17-2007, 06:22 PM
Yay! So glad she made it home!!!! :yay::cheering::woot::woohoo::happydance:cloud9:ba lloons:

scout52
10-17-2007, 07:35 PM
So i just came back from the vet. and she is perfectly ok. not one cut. and he said she peed on herself as a protective measure. its an aggressive act towards other animals for them to stay away. that's why my smaller cat is afraid of her now. she is also now microchipped. my other cat is getting microchipped on saturday. Elena didn't even lose weight nor was she dehyrdrated. he was shocked. :yay::yay::yay: though she could have stood to lose a pound. becuase her ideal weight is 11lbs not the 12 that she is currently at.

I wiped her with the in between bathtime wipes but he says i'm going to have to fully bath her in order to make my other cat comfortable. so out comes the wetsuit for protection and its bathtime for elena.

cftwo
10-18-2007, 08:53 AM
Giving a cat a bath - my sympathies, scout! I had to flush an abcessed anal gland for one of my cats this summer. One 5 minute session left me needing 5 bandaids for the scratches (and that was just the worst ones). Good luck!