PDA

View Full Version : Sideway Socks

Mystery_Gyrl
10-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Hi all,
I would like to ask the opinion of others out there who might have made socks in such a manner (sideways). I found a pattern called Sideways Socks on the Unicorn Books and Crafts, Inc. site and although they look intriguing to make (and wear), I was wondering how well such socks would fit. Do they punch or pull, does the leg part of the sock have a tendency to twist or slide down. If anyone has made socks sideways I would really appreciate any input they have on making and wearing them.
Thanks,
Katrina

Mazie
10-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Have a quick look at Nonaknits. She calls them 'Sidewinder Socks'
The way she has written the pattern is really good. I haven't cast them on yet but they are on my list. Lots of feedback on her blog as well.

http://nonaknits.typepad.com/nonaknits/2007/06/sidewinders_the.html

Mystery_Gyrl
10-16-2007, 07:26 AM
Thanks Mazie. The instructions on Nona's web site seem very helpful. The pattern I found was a bit skimpy on some of the dets when I glanced at.
Katrina

Mazie
10-17-2007, 02:43 AM
Really glad you liked it.

I can't wait to get some sock yarn and start a pair. I have a real problem with wool and wish I could use it for these socks but I'll have to see what else I can find.

I have this idea -in the back of my mind- Maybe I should do some slipper socks for my daughters in a strange yarn, I saw it today. (all hairy and fluffy) Not that that it would matter, once it matted and pilled. But, who would care, they are only slippers, after all?
I would just 'die' if they wore them in public and said " Oh Yeah. My Mother Made Them" Just a nightmare.....