PDA

View Full Version : Can I post a Aran Knit Toque pattern?

MsB
10-16-2007, 07:44 AM
During the summer I taught myself to knit by making a sampler scarf. At the time I bookmarked a free knitting hat pattern from floryknits.com that reminded me of the scarf I was making. When I finally went to print the pattern the site was no longer up. But when I googled the hat the instructions were cached so I was still able to get the instructions but there are some parts that I don't understand. My question is; can I post the pattern here to ask questions or should I link to it ? Or is doing either of these things a no-no.

Also, there is another hat pattern that is similiar to the pattern I had bookmarked; Fiber Trends Braid & Bobble Hat #AC-60 $5.00. Does anyone know where I can download this pattern? I don't mind paying for it but I prefer to download a pattern than wait for it to be delivered.

Thanks in advance for your help

brittyknits
10-16-2007, 08:39 AM
Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your posting question, but as for Fiber Trends, I can tell you that in my experience, they send things out very quickly, so if you can't find the pattern in downloadable form, you wouldn't have to wiat long.

MsB
10-16-2007, 08:46 AM
Thanks brittyknits.

If I get help with the pattern I found online I may not have to send for the pattern.

gargoylelib
10-16-2007, 08:52 AM
Generally people just post the few lines of the pattern
that is in question and/or link to the pattern in it's entirety.
Either way you do it, I'm sure there are plenty people on
here to help!
Libbie :)

MsB
10-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Thanks Libby. The link to the pattern is included below. I'm sure I'm going to have lots of questions. But my first question is about the note that was on the pattern and copied below. The note talks about the red S, but there are no red S's in the pattern :(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Note on Chart: the notation is standard with the exception of the “Twist 2 to the right”. Aran Paint© doesn’t have a symbol for “knit2tog, then knit the first stitch again, drop both stitches from the needle” so, had to use something that looked right. The stitches with the red S are “knit through the back loop on the right side and slip with yarn in front on wrong sides”.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:8lGaoCKD93kJ:floryknits.com/fp-arantoque.html+aran+knit+toque&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&lr=lang_en&client=safari

Abbily
10-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Two thoughts-

1) the note refers to red S's in the chart, not the written pattern... there are two spots on the page you linked to where there should be images, but all I can see are the red X's that indicate the image is no longer available. I would guess there used to be a chart there, and that's probably where the red S's were.

2) There is an email address by the pattern name on that page- have you tried emailing? They might be able to answer your question, or provide the chart, or at the very least, tell you whether they mind you posting the pattern here so you can get help here.

OK, I hope there was something useful in my random thoughts... :)

MsB
10-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Thanks Abbily. Good idea :)