PDA

View Full Version : Am I a freak?

letah75
10-16-2007, 02:03 PM
So I had this horrible dream last night about my BF. I woke up pissed off at him and I can't get out of this funk. I'm still pissed of and so I scheduled myself to work tonight so I don't have to go home.

I feel like a freak.

Songbirdy
10-16-2007, 02:05 PM
I'd say you're better than I am...

One night my DH really po'd me in my dream...

I woke up with him holding my arms tight...

Apparently I sat up and socked him a good punch. He works nights and had just kind of come in and was still awake.

So... um.. :hug: ? Perhaps its a sign of some underlying issue?

letah75
10-16-2007, 02:07 PM
I don't think so, everything is going great. I've been stressed at work lately. Perhaps it's easier to get mad at him than at the bosses and co-workers.

I don't know, but it's 11am and I'm still so mad. I'm not PMSing, I'm just a complete and utter idjiot.

Songbirdy
10-16-2007, 02:13 PM
I agree as I find that I do take my frustrations out on my family.

The catch is figuring out the why part, eh?

Lisa_H-Town
10-16-2007, 02:14 PM
I wouldn't stress too much about it... I think it's more common that you would think... it happens to my husband all the time, I think because he has very vivid dreams -- I have to tell him to get over it!! ... And it is easier to show our emotions to those that will understand and forgive us:wink:, than co-workers, etc... so I would tend to agree w/you there.

vaknitter
10-16-2007, 02:19 PM
HAHA - I've done it to my hubby a couple of times. Seems like it happens when something wakes me up in the middle of the night and then when I fall back asleep I have rotten dreams and wake ready to skin him alive

As long as you get past it and don't actually take it out on him it will be fine. I find a couple hours of stewing and knitting followed by a good hug and kiss tends to settle me down some.

iza
10-16-2007, 02:19 PM
It happened to me before too! :hug: I had a bad dream about my boyfriend and took me the entire day to get out of it. Isn't it strange? Dreams can be weird, if you are stressed at work it's believable you just need to let some steam out, whether it has to do with your boyfriend or not. Don't worry too much!

Why don't you take time for yourself? :hug:Maybe all you need is to relax a bit!

wewantmore
10-16-2007, 02:27 PM
:teehee: Totally normal. I hope. I have awful dreams of Steven leaving me or cheating on me and I'm mad for the day. It does help if he's home when I wake up so he can snuggle with me. But most of the time they happen after he's left for work.

Michelle

letah75
10-16-2007, 03:21 PM
:hug:

Thank you all so much, you're making me feel better.

I too have really vivid dreams! Color, taste, touch, smell, etc. God I hope I can get out of this funk soon. He just tried to call me on his lunch period, and I can't even make myself take his calls.

I've had this happen a few times before, even woke up pissed at one of my best girl friends one time, but never EVER this bad.

ChrissyB
10-16-2007, 03:38 PM
My husband has bad dreams about me ALL the time. He has finally gotten to a point where he tells me about it when he wakes up and isn't mad at me anymore. Give yourself a break though, you can't control what you dream or how you feel about it. Maybe it would feel better to tell him though, maybe hearing him say "I would never do that" might help you get over it.

stitchwitch
10-16-2007, 04:07 PM
I have the husband cheating dreams. Last one he told me he had 32 affairs. :roflhard:
I chalk it up to some Freudian stuff about insecurity in my everyday life and we have a laugh over it. I gotta admit though that I'm usually pretty skeeved when I wake up but then realize it's just a dream and laugh it off. I have second guessed myself though and wondered for a few minutes if it was some cosmic entity trying to tell me something.

rachejm
10-16-2007, 04:17 PM
I dreamt that my boyfriend was cheating on me once, I was really annoyed and upset when I woke up, took me most of the day to calm down. Talking to him helped because it made me realise that I needed to let it go and he wouldn't do that to me. Most of the time I don't remember my dreams though so the fact that this one was really vivid made it more difficult to let it go.

You are definately not alone!

Jan in CA
10-16-2007, 04:26 PM
Personally I don't believe that all dreams have to mean something. Talk to him, tell him what happened and why you are upset. Let him at least defend himself. :hug::hug:

REVS
10-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Done that and been there, too. :hug:

I have to agree with the talking to him, though.
In fact, there is a tradition in Mexico, that if you dream something bad about someone, you are supposed to tell them about it before noon to prevent it becoming true.
Now I'm not telling you this to freak you out because it's afternoon already. All I'm trying to say is if you talk about it it's out in the open and you can move on instead of weirding yourself out more and more about it. "It's just a dream" doesn't quite cut it, but it isn't reality either. Plus I alway assess DH's reaction when I tell him - it's always a genuine surprise and then he's comforting me that he would never do that. That also helps me get over it.

Here's hoping you'll have it all figured out in no time.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

KnitClickChick
10-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Dreams are funny things. Some of them are so real, you could swear it is reality. I don't remember having any dreams where I got mad at my boyfriend, I usually just get cranky and nasty with him when he calls late at night (he is out of town frequently) and wakes me up, then I pretty much rip his head off, poor guy!! Ok, he would be mad if he knew I was telling this -- but, the other night, I woke up because he was making noises in his sleep. He has very bad acid reflux and sometimes vomits in his sleep and chokes... anywho, he sat straight up and started bawling his eyes out Right away, I am thinking something is wrong, he is in pain, etc.... no, he said that he had a dream that I died and it made him sad. I chalked it up to the fact that he fell asleep on the couch while I was watching some psychic lady on TV giving messages to people from their departed loved ones and all that got into his subconscious and created a dream. It was actually very sweet, to know that he loves me so much that a dream would affect him that way.... cloud9

sarahzknitty
10-16-2007, 10:12 PM
It's nothing to worry about. I think its just your mind trying to release a little stress. I happens to me and my dh.
Mine are always really bad at that time of the month.
I just recently learned that my totally sane sister has them too at that time.
It happens to the best of us! Join the club!!!!!

auburnchick
10-17-2007, 12:08 AM
Letah,

I'm sure it's just the stress from work manifesting itself. We tend to dump on those we care about, and you've obviously not released that stress during your waking hours.

:hug:

I doubt this will make you feel any better, but last night, I dreamed that my daughter (remember, my challenge child) and I had a terrible argument. I remember telling her, in my dream, "I was going to give you back your iPod, but now you have to give me your phone for two weeks..."

She had been on restriction from her iPod last week, and I had planned on giving it back to her this morning. It took all I could do to separate myself from that dream. I gave her back her iPod this afternoon when I picked her up from school. :teehee: I'm sure that the stress of taking four classes last term (and not doing well on the final for my favorite class) got to me.

Hang in there, and for heaven's sake, tell that man that it wasn't his fault!! ;)

SkyBluePink
10-17-2007, 07:25 AM
Letah, this has happened to me before--a couple of times in fact. So you aren't a freak. Or maybe we're both freaks.

One time I dreamt that my SO was introducing me to everyone AS HIS MOTHER. What the hell?? I'm 5 years younger than he is!! I woke up so freaking pissed off. It took me a few hours to shake that feeling. I felt like an utter moron the whole time. :roll::roll:

dustinac
10-17-2007, 09:32 AM
I've had dreams like that...the best thing is just to tell him about it... and then you will feel better...:hug:

:oo: My hubby has waken to me hitting him and pinching him... I'm still asleep... when I wake up I know I had a bad dream but it still seems real or something? he will then ask who I was mad at... I have very real dreams to the point that I keep dh up at night... he has pretty much taken away all primetime crime shows so he can sleep... he says I do a jumping motion and if he can catch me in time by holding me I calm down...if not it takes him awhile to calm me...I can tell I'm doing this jumping motion but can't seem to stop it... I have also had bad dreams of my kids and he wakes me up cause I'm crying in my sleep... my dreams are so real to me that it takes awhile for me to realize it was just a dream... he has had to bring a child to our bed more than once to show me they are ok... to me it really has to do with what I watch at night...I can't watch horror movies at all... or even see the previews... I dreamed one night of me being locked in a room with different friend/family's heads rolling around and hearing that guy's voice from saw... and that was just from seeing a preview...I also have vivid dreams of people close to me that seem to real... I usually call mom and like umm so is Ray ok? doing good...so I can have peace the rest of the day...:teehee:

Jeremy
10-17-2007, 06:28 PM
I think you would be doing him a big favor if you told him what's going on. He's probably wondering and knowing would let him give you some space without reading more into it.

Babyduck87
10-17-2007, 07:14 PM
ok..im glad im not the only one that this happens to! my bf will be totally clueless when i start fussing at him!:teehee:

chiricahuagal
10-18-2007, 05:06 PM
Seems like I've read that one dream theory is this: everyone in your dream represents YOU - something about you. So maybe, if you write the dream down and think about it, there is something in yourself that you are mad at - something your subconscious mind represented as your BF.

Just a thought. After all, your dreams always represent something YOU are thinking (unless you are clairvoyant, or an empath or have other supernatural powers, that is!).

I have very vivid dreams. The other day I dreamed that DH had an operation on his neck that allowed him to remove his head - like, put it on the desk for a moment but still be alive - there was a sort of metal pipe where it would connect back to the spine. In the dream, we went to his mother's house and she removed his head and had him stand up to the wall to measure his height without his head on. Pretty weird, huh??? I have NO IDEA what that dream represented (except that in the dream I did get a little queasy and had to leave the room). It might be significant that his mother has been gone for several years...