PDA

View Full Version : Scarves mostly

newamy
10-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Scarves are not my favorite thing- but here I am making Christmas Scarves. And a Hat.

The Hat is knit in Kathmandu Aran, 85% merino wool, 10% silk, and 5% cashmere. I read somewhere that this is essentially the same as Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed. In black it is the manliest yarn I have ever come accross. The red design is Cascade 220. The pattern is based on EZ's very warm hat in The Knitting Workshop, I did not line it like hers, but I did make a hem, using her technique of picking up stitches along the cast on edge. I did the hem in the same yarn only purple. It's for my dad, as purple is my favorite color he will appreciate the incongruous color of the hem.

I am working on a 2X2 rib scarf in the same yarn.

I am also working on a simple feather and fan scarf in Euroflax sport wt linen, color egg plant. I have had to rip back on this numerous times. I despair of ever finishing it. I want to give it to my neighbor for Christmas. She actually wears dressy scarves, unlike me.

The light blue scarf is knit in bulky Alpaca with a Twist. I only had two skeins so it's a bit skinny and slightly short. Very, very soft however. Probably destined for my daughter's teacher.

And the red scarf is knit in Lambs Pride Bulky, medieval red. In some lights it is burgundy and in other's more of a red rust. I used a mistake rib pattern, easy, pretty, and reversible. It is for christmas at my in laws where we play the steal the gift game, so I was going for something unisex. Should I make a hat or mittens to go with it??

Thanks for looking.

KT120
10-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Oh those are all so nice!

I say go for the matching hat as that is what I would love.

The.Knitter
10-16-2007, 05:04 PM
I agree, these are lovely. I also agree with the matching hat. I have many scarfs and a few hats, but no matching sets. I wish I could find a pattern that included a matching hat and scarf and perhaps even fingerless gloves. Now that would be wonderful for me!

Dangles
10-16-2007, 05:12 PM
What beautiful projects you have going. Great work. :thumbsup:

italianchildhood
10-16-2007, 05:13 PM
These are all excellent.
I like making scarves, kind of soothing.
I'm making one right now in fact...
Well, not right this moment... :)

speattle
10-16-2007, 05:57 PM
OOOh, cool. :cheering:

mornnen
10-16-2007, 06:08 PM
I love the mistake rib scarf...I'm a cable lover, but that red is just lovely. :inlove:

And I too, would make a hat to go along with the scarf.

ah
10-16-2007, 11:07 PM
They all look great. I vote for a matching hat.

momwolf
10-17-2007, 02:00 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_5_103.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_5_105.gif

AnnaT
10-17-2007, 02:02 AM
Those look wonderful! I especially like the cabled scarf. Is that the "Good Ole Cabled Scarf" pattern? I love it in that color.

Slim
10-17-2007, 07:52 AM
All very pretty! I love the light blue cable scarf. And that hat!! Wow! Your dad will love it, I'm sure. Great work!

dustinac
10-17-2007, 08:56 AM
everything looks wonderful!! I really love the red of the scarf... my LYS just started carrying the bulky line have to look for this color... I would say hat but only if you have time to fit it in...:happydance:

PurlyGyrl
10-17-2007, 09:25 AM
Great work! :thumbsup:I :heart: scarves! The hat is fabulous--I'm sure Dad will enjoy.