PDA

View Full Version : Finally Retired after 20 years

catpersontoo
10-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Yep, finally said adios to all my co-workers and bid the place I worked at farewell. You would think now that I have all this time on my hands I would be up to my elbows in so many projects, but that is not the case. I did manage to finish a knitted hat, but haven't totally completed it, the next stage is to felt it. Life just keeps getting in the way of all my fun. But, its only been a month since I walked away from my job and I haven't found my groove yet. I'm working on it and hopefully by Christmas I will figure out how to manage my time and get going on some really fun stuff...:thumbsup:

figaro
10-17-2007, 12:08 PM
:balloons:Congratulations on retiring!! My mom is about 2 years away and I know she would love to not have to get up and go to work anymore.

PurlyGyrl
10-17-2007, 12:42 PM
Congratulations! :balloons: It will just take some time to get adjusted to yourschedule not your work schedule. Enjoy!

dustinac
10-17-2007, 01:03 PM
:woot:Congrats :woot:

I agree will just take a while to get adjusted... :hug:

Jan in CA
10-17-2007, 01:29 PM
I didn't have a "career" and alternated between working and being a SAHM, but the final long stretch of working then leaving left me at loose ends. I couldn't remember what it was I did all day (beyond raising kids). I'm not a daytime TV watcher, I don't care if my house is spotless, I didn't knit at the time...so I played on the computer and read a lot. Eventually you find your niche and somehow keep busy. I'm happy and settled now and do various things, but to be honest I still can't tell you what I do all day. :teehee:

Congratulations! It'll all work out. ;)

Dangles
10-18-2007, 07:18 PM
:clink: happy retirement

auburnchick
10-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Congratulations! I remember the days of being a full-time SAHM, and I loved every minute of it. While it wasn't exactly retirement, I still didn't really have to "answer" to anyone.

Anyhow, enjoy your days, regardless of how you spend them. You spent too many years on a schedule, so now's the time to enjoy NO schedule!!!

:clink: