PDA

View Full Version : Oddball Baby Blankets - SOFT, Worsted Weight Yarn

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

auburnchick
02-29-2008, 09:01 PM
:hug:

What an honor...it truly is. I get moved to tears every time I receive a blanket. The fact that people put so much love into something for another person...

It's a privilege to knit with others who feel the same way.

SteveDallas
02-29-2008, 11:02 PM
It is a great thing! I have "bribed' my daughter that she can work on part of my section of the next one, if she learns to knit.

Can I ask, what kind of yarn did y'all use on the Fruity Loops blanket? I've got abotu 2.5" done (yes I'm REALLY behind!!) and the Caron Simply Soft Worsted feels thinner than the stuff in the other sections... and the resulting knit is not as dense. So I was just wondering... I know there will be variations between knitters even if we all used the same yarn, but this seems to be more than normal variation, especially considering I don't tend to knit loosely.

jjminarcik
03-01-2008, 12:12 AM
Shandeh - Feel free to add me to another blanket. I have a TON of pastel colors so the Easter one would be great. . . but whichever one is fine! :hug:

auburnchick
03-01-2008, 12:29 AM
Can I ask, what kind of yarn did y'all use on the Fruity Loops blanket? I've got abotu 2.5" done (yes I'm REALLY behind!!) and the Caron Simply Soft Worsted feels thinner than the stuff in the other sections... and the resulting knit is not as dense. So I was just wondering... I know there will be variations between knitters even if we all used the same yarn, but this seems to be more than normal variation, especially considering I don't tend to knit loosely.

I used Red Heart Strata.

Secksiebrat
03-01-2008, 12:55 PM
I will be ready to mail the purple paradise blanket monday (tuesday at the latest.. depends on my "afternoon/evening" sickness). Please let me know who receives this beautiful blanket next!

Thanks!

~danielle~

Spikey
03-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Hi there,

Gorgeous Grapes is on its way to mom2hancj in Texas! Here are links to some pics (sorry but too big to post, can't resize now, can't get flickr image inserted):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14610782@N05/2302821090/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14610782@N05/2302821450/

Can't wait for Rainbow Joy to arrive!

auburnchick
03-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Spikey,

You did a beautiful job! You have such a knack of picking the perfect yarns and stitch patterns! Wow! :inlove:

bethany
03-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Oh gorgeous grapes looks great! I can not believe this, but my baby broke my camera! So not only could I NOT get a pic of the Angel Wings with the section, life got in the way and I had to work this morning and couldn't get the blanket in the mail! grr! So, Kelly, I'll get it to you Monday, but sorry, no pix. :(

Shandeh
03-01-2008, 10:06 PM
"Dreamy Blues" is on its way to MamaDawn. The tracking number is: 0307 0020 0003 5274 7176. Shandeh, add me on to one of the new blankets. It doesn't matter to me which one.
Thanks for sending the "Dreamy Blues". :)
I'll add you to the "Pink Power" blanket! :hug:
Not to be too hoggish or anything like that, but may I also be on Pink Power or Easter Basket? Or, if you need someone to fill in, I'm available.
I just put you on BOTH blankets! :teehee:
I agree! I'd be happy to work on more, after Rainbow Joy and Patriotic Party.
Thanks Spikey! I added you to the "Pink Power" blanket.
I can't wait till I'm able to start delivering all these wonderful blankets.
Me too! I think you should go ahead and deliver the ones you have right now. It will be a couple weeks before you get more, so let's not delay any longer. Be sure to take some photos! :)
Can I ask, what kind of yarn did y'all use on the Fruity Loops blanket? I've got abotu 2.5" done (yes I'm REALLY behind!!) and the Caron Simply Soft Worsted feels thinner than the stuff in the other sections... and the resulting knit is not as dense.
The Red Heart Strata is a thicker yarn, so that's why yours feels so different. Just keep going with your Caron Simply Soft. I'll have the blanket sent to me when traceleighj completes her knitting after you. I'll add a border, which will make the blanket look just fine. Thanks for asking!
Shandeh - Feel free to add me to another blanket. I have a TON of pastel colors so the Easter one would be great. . . but whichever one is fine! :hug:
I've added you to the "Easter Basket" list! :thumbsup:
I will be ready to mail the purple paradise blanket monday. Please let me know who receives this beautiful blanket next!
I'll check with the next knitter right now! :)
Gorgeous Grapes is on its way to mom2hancj in Texas! Here are links to some pics
Gorgeous! :heart: :heart:
Thank you for the photos! :hug:
life got in the way and I had to work this morning and couldn't get the blanket in the mail! grr! So, Kelly, I'll get it to you Monday.(
Don'tcha just HATE when life gets in the way? :pout:

Our "Easter Basket" blanket now has a full list of knitters, so I'll cast it on tonight.
:muah:

We still need two more knitters for "Pink Power".

auburnchick
03-01-2008, 11:12 PM
Awww...just add me to the Pink one too...might as well!

Thanks, Shandeh!!! I'm making up for lost time. ;)

snowbear
03-01-2008, 11:51 PM
Shandeh, I had posted on another thread, that I would deliver them the week before Easter. So in about 3 weeks or so I may have more than the 4 or 5 I have now. The number isn't important of course, I just had told them that is when I'll deliver. (kinda like the Easter bunny)

Spikey
03-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Spikey,

You did a beautiful job! You have such a knack of picking the perfect yarns and stitch patterns! Wow! :inlove:

Thanks, Nathalie! :muah: That stitch is called "Garden Rows Rib". It seemed like such a sweet little pattern for a baby blanket.

MAmaDawn
03-02-2008, 12:12 AM
Add me to Pink Power one too...

OK so both Jewelry Box and Patriotic Party are being picked up on Mon...

Jewelry box to Rissa 0103 8555 7492 0479 2265

Patriotic Party to Spikey (we are trading blankets :teehee:) 0103 8555 7491 6362 0744

Looking forward to working on the Blue one.... yarn is all ready!

And I am hoping to work on Firetruck Lane tomorrow, but 2 of my kids were sick today, so not sure I will be able to...

traceleighj
03-02-2008, 01:24 AM
Fairy Dance - travelling to traceleighj

I received Fairy Dance today. Thank you Gail for the beautiful yarn! I was very excited to get my first charity project! I have already searched and found a great yarn and will work this up quickly I'm sure.

Shandeh
03-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Add me to Pink Power one too...
OK so both Jewelry Box and Patriotic Party are being picked up on Mon...Looking forward to working on the Blue one.... yarn is all ready! And I am hoping to work on Firetruck Lane tomorrow, but 2 of my kids were sick today, so not sure I will be able to...
Your house has turned into a baby blanket factory! :teehee:
You GO girl! :woohoo:

wickedphantm
03-02-2008, 04:22 PM
I recieved the Berry Bliss blanket it the mail yesterday!
Shandeh, you did a beautiful job!!!! Thanks for the awesome patterns!
I'm adding my section "Blueberry!" right now!

suziehomemaker
03-03-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm glad that I'm not the only on that feels "hoggish" whenever I chime in for a project! I try to not say anything unless I have the perfect yarn because I want to make sure that everyone is able to participate that wants to.

But then again - I just want to say "Add me to that one too!" everytime there's a new blanket started!

:happydance:

bethany
03-03-2008, 11:37 AM
OK! Kelly, Angel Wings is on it's way to you, should be there Wednesday!

auburnchick
03-03-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm glad that I'm not the only on that feels "hoggish" whenever I chime in for a project! I try to not say anything unless I have the perfect yarn because I want to make sure that everyone is able to participate that wants to.

I don't have much of a stash, so I have to wait until the blankets arrive. Plus, I usually don't know what color the prior person used, so I have to take each blanket shopping. :teehee:

Shandeh
03-03-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm glad that I'm not the only on that feels "hoggish" whenever I chime in for a project! I try to not say anything unless I have the perfect yarn because I want to make sure that everyone is able to participate that wants to. But then again - I just want to say "Add me to that one too!" everytime there's a new blanket started! :happydance:
I love it when you're ready to make another one!
I'll just keep starting new blankets until you're satisfied. :teehee:
Here is a photo of Circus Fun
Thanks for the photo!! :thumbsup:
Don't worry about the acrobats drawing in on the blanket. I'll take care of it when I get the blanket back here. I'll add a sturdy border to make it lay right. :wink:
OK! Kelly, Angel Wings is on it's way to you, should be there Wednesday!
Cool! :cheering:

I have to take each blanket shopping. :teehee:
I LOVE to go yarn shopping!! :inlove:

pinnut3200
03-03-2008, 02:46 PM
I received the Neon Fun blanket this morning and could not resist starting on it. :knitting: I am using Caron Simply Soft (Grape) and knitting a garter ridge pattern. I will post a photo before I send it on to the next knitter.

Thank you, Angie in TX for the luscious yarn and yummy smelling tart.

I can see just how addictive knitting these oddball baby blankets are.

I am proud to be a part of this wonderful project.

Nancy in WY

bethany
03-03-2008, 02:50 PM
[QUOTE=Shandeh;1074245]I love it when you're ready to make another one!
I'll just keep starting new blankets until you're satisfied. :teehee:

Oh, good Sandy, 'cause that would be ... when? You'll have to start many-a-blankets to satisfy us I think!! ;) Thank you for doing it though...you should have a little something from me coming shortly too, just so you can send one more out!

MAmaDawn
03-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Dreamy Blue blanket (and Sunny Meadow preemie, but I'll post about it over there) just got here and my two when out with the post man when he dropped off these. It is so nice! LOVE IT! And thank you for the stitch markers cdjack... I have never used real ones, but I think I will with this blanket. I like to mark the garter stitch border so I don't forget it.

MAmaDawn
03-03-2008, 03:22 PM
I don't have much of a stash, so I have to wait until the blankets arrive. Plus, I usually don't know what color the prior person used, so I have to take each blanket shopping. :teehee:

I do that too... sometimes I have stash that I know will work too though, but I like taking it shopping. I put that in the notebook for the Patriotic Party one...

cdjack
03-03-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm glad you like the stitch markers, MAmaDawn. They can be addicting to make.

gmmarton
03-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Yes, I also love these new Baby Blankets. It is absolutely heart-warming to witness the love coming from the knitters and the nourishment the little ones will experience when they are wrapped up in our blankets.
Expect another package of round knitting needles coming soon from me, Sandy! We need to keep your supply maxed out!
Thank you again...

Shandeh
03-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Oh, good Sandy, 'cause that would be ... when? You'll have to start many-a-blankets to satisfy us I think!! ;) Thank you for doing it though...you should have a little something from me coming shortly too, just so you can send one more out!
Yay! Thanks for your help! :hug:
Expect another package of round knitting needles coming soon from me, Sandy! We need to keep your supply maxed out!
Woo Hoo! :woohoo:

mom2hancj
03-03-2008, 09:16 PM
The Purple Passion blanket arrived safe and sound today :) I will be knitting on it in a few days. I am a little swamped with orders and a birthday present for Sat on the needles. But make some time here and there to :knitting: some purty purple :inlove:

Thank you so much for the wonderful soft wool yarn. I love it!! I use wool all the time...that will be a great color for wool play food bananas :)

traceleighj
03-03-2008, 10:38 PM
I just finished up my portion of the Fairy Dance blanket. Here is a picture:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3153/2309326010_bafb67d3e3_m.jpg

Auburnchick- I hope to have this out to you by Wednesday (I have a job interview tomorrow so I don't have a break to get to the post office- wish me luck!) I will let you know a tracking number when I have it.

Spikey
03-03-2008, 11:05 PM
The Purple Passion blanket arrived safe and sound today :) I will be knitting on it in a few days. I am a little swamped with orders and a birthday present for Sat on the needles. But make some time here and there to :knitting: some purty purple :inlove:

Thank you so much for the wonderful soft wool yarn. I love it!! I use wool all the time...that will be a great color for wool play food bananas :)

Do you mean the Gorgeous Grapes? There are so many blankets floating around I'm starting to lose track. :teehee:

Glad you liked the yarn!

Shandeh
03-03-2008, 11:22 PM
The Purple Passion blanket arrived safe and sound today :)
Do you mean the Gorgeous Grapes? There are so many blankets floating around I'm starting to lose track. :teehee:
Yes! It's the Gorgeous Grapes blanket. But, it's definitely understandable that she got the names mixed up. We have THREE purple baby blankets going right now. :teehee:

Shandeh
03-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Auburnchick- I hope to have this out to you by Wednesday (I have a job interview tomorrow so I don't have a break to get to the post office- wish me luck!) I will let you know a tracking number when I have it.
Thanks for the photo! :hug:
Good luck with your interview, my friend! Crossed Fingers

pinnut3200
03-04-2008, 10:43 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2168/2310961724_fab66dd895.jpg

:woot:

Neon Fun is ready to leave Wyoming and go to the next knitter. I hope the photo I took shows up.

The blanket is approximately 20 inches long and very soft. Perfect for a "Hip" baby and mom.

Nancy in WY

mom2hancj
03-04-2008, 11:50 AM
:aww: Yep Gorgeous Grapes.

auburnchick
03-04-2008, 12:19 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3153/2309326010_bafb67d3e3_m.jpg

Oh, I cannot wait!!!!!

Good luck with the interview! Please let us know how it goes. :hug:

auburnchick
03-04-2008, 12:20 PM
I hope the photo I took shows up.

Hmmm...no photo. Oh well...the most important thing is that the blanket is getting done! GREAT job! I'm sure it's lovely. :hug:

Robinknits
03-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Sandy (Shandeh) - Love your new profile pic. You look great!

Is there any room left on the pink blanket? I've been out of town and just saw it. Pink is my favorite color and I would love to do that one if it's not full yet.

pinnut3200
03-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Okay here is my latest attempt to post a photo of Neon Fun.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2274/2310370548_358b0e91dd.jpg

:??

Shandeh
03-04-2008, 04:19 PM
:aww: Yep Gorgeous Grapes.
:wink:
Neon Fun is ready to leave Wyoming and go to the next knitter. I hope the photo I took shows up. The blanket is approximately 20 inches long and very soft. Perfect for a "Hip" baby and mom. Nancy in WY
It looks GREAT!
When it's complete, I'll add a border to make it lay right. :thumbsup:
Sandy (Shandeh) - Love your new profile pic. You look great! Is there any room left on the pink blanket? I've been out of town and just saw it. Pink is my favorite color and I would love to do that one if it's not full yet.
Thanks for the compliment! :hug: I love my new hair color! I just hope it lasts. Crossed Fingers

The "Pink Power" blanket is full of knitters, but I can make another pink blanket! I'll start one called "Pretty Princess", and add you to that one. :)
I'm patiently waiting for my first Oddball KAL blanket to come in the mail.
Thanks for your patience, my friend! :muah:
Right now, the "Jewelry Box" blanket is on its way to rissa, and it will come to you after that. If you'd like, I can add you to one of our new blankets, so you'll get another one soon! :wink: ("Pretty Princess" "Happy Crayons" and "Ocean Waves")

auburnchick
03-04-2008, 06:50 PM
:cheering: Great job with the picture, Nancy!!! The blanket is so bright! It will be so visually appealing for the baby who receives it!!!

Shandeh
03-04-2008, 08:54 PM
I completed the beginning of "Rainbow Joy" last night! :)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3015/2311457880_aa9c63d38b.jpg
Spikey, it's coming to you for the orange section! :muah:

auburnchick
03-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Pretty, pretty! :inlove:

Spikey
03-04-2008, 10:57 PM
:inlove: Beautiful! I can't wait to do my orange best (with your yarn, of course :teehee:)
Thanks!

alleusion
03-05-2008, 12:10 AM
Rissa / Shandeh, did the Sunny Days blanket make it? I've been kind of out of it the past week or so and haven't checked on the tracking.

Shandeh
03-05-2008, 12:25 AM
:inlove: Beautiful! I can't wait to do my orange best (with your yarn, of course :teehee:) Thanks!
:wink:

Rissa / Shandeh, did the Sunny Days blanket make it? I've been kind of out of it the past week or so and haven't checked on the tracking.
I never heard from rissa, but I saw this on the Canada Post website:

traceleighj
03-05-2008, 12:55 AM
Oh, I cannot wait!!!!!

Good luck with the interview! Please let us know how it goes. :hug:
Thanks so much! The interview went well I think. We shall see. I hate to get my hopes up as I have been looking since last September and have had interviews but nothing new. I should know in about 2 weeks.
The good news for today though is I did get to the post office!! Here is the tracking number- 0307 1790 0002 5495 0277- they told me it should take 2-3 days.

rissa
03-05-2008, 10:18 AM
Alleusion, I still haven't received the Sunny Days blanket. I'm not too worried about it yet, as it needs to cross the border and we all know how that can hold things up, even silly things like a baby blanket. I keep looking for it every day and will make sure I post here as soon as I get it, as well as the Jewelry Box blanket. SOOOOOO looking forward to working on them!

alleusion
03-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Thanks Rissa. Since I did it expedited, I'd have expected it to be there sooner. I have to say fast postal service is one thing I miss about the US.

rissa
03-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Well maybe it'll come today :). I keep looking for it eagerly. I'll let you know as soon as it comes. :hug:

Secksiebrat
03-05-2008, 12:06 PM
I haven't gotten the Purple Paradise blanket out yet. I've been miserable most of the days. I am starting some new medicine tonight. I Hope it helps with my lack of energy and the sickness. I didn't have nearly the problems with my first kiddo as I'm having this go-round. I've had the blanket for week today, so I'm not over my limit yet!

~danielle~

I'll get it out by the end of the week.. even if I have to drag my butt to the post office!

SteveDallas
03-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Well, I have finally gotten the Fruity Loops blanket in the mail to traceleighj!! Maybe things will calm down and be less hectic one of these days. (I'm not betting on it though.) I picked Simply Soft "Limelight" and knitted a simple reversible pattern of rectangles that I found in the Knitting Stitches stitch dictionary.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3207/2313822740_6f4db917bc.jpg

traceleighj
03-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Yippee! Thanks for the pic- I am headed out on some errands on my way home from work so I can stop and get some "fruity" yarn for my portion!

pinnut3200
03-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Neon Fun was mailed Priority Mail this afternoon to Nathalie in Florida. :muah:

The confirmation number is 03063030000246741777

auburnchick
03-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Steve,

The blanket is so pretty! I really like the color and pattern you selected!!! I think each blanket is special, but you almost feel like you "own" the blankets you've worked on. It's fun to see how your sections fits into everyone else's.

MAmaDawn
03-05-2008, 06:08 PM
That blanket looks great!

And danielle, praying that these meds help... I was on meds with all three of mine. I understand how hard it is with a little one to take care of.

jjminarcik
03-05-2008, 06:28 PM
I have the Shamrock Hills blanket, but have not started my part yet - I'm starting tonight I promise!!! I had to go out of town suddenly and just got back. :hair:

And Shandeh - I LOVE your new avatar! Your hair looks fantastic! :inlove:

kellyh57
03-05-2008, 06:49 PM
I got Angel Wings today :) Yippee :cheering:!!! What's the pattern that you all used on it? I could go searching the thread, but that's too much work;).

I'll get to it as soon as I get Citrus Punch (preemie) finished. I should be able to get to it this weekend at the latest. I'm in the middle of a huge cake order and have to work tomorrow night...

Kelly

Spikey
03-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Patriotic Party to Spikey (we are trading blankets :teehee:)

Patriotic Party just arrived :woohoo:

Thanks for the beautiful skein, MAmaDawn! It is SO soft. :inlove:

bethany
03-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Kelly--for Angel Wings, Shandeh wrote the pattern in the journal, but (ahem) don't forget the garter stitch border like I did part way. Oops. My section is the goofball section.

Glad you got it on time. Have fun!

pinnut3200
03-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Sandy,

Do you still need another knitter on the Easter Basket blanket? If so, you may add my name. :)

Shandeh
03-05-2008, 10:39 PM
I haven't gotten the Purple Paradise blanket out yet. I've been miserable most of the days. I am starting some new medicine tonight. I Hope it helps with my lack of energy and the sickness. I didn't have nearly the problems with my first kiddo as I'm having this go-round. I've had the blanket for week today, so I'm not over my limit yet!
Hang in there, my friend! http://bestsmileys.com/comfort/2.gif

Shandeh - I LOVE your new avatar! Your hair looks fantastic! :inlove:
Thank you! :muah:
I got Angel Wings today :) Yippee :cheering:!!! What's the pattern that you all used on it?
Let me know if you can't find it in the journal, and I'll look it up for you.
Do you still need another knitter on the Easter Basket blanket? If so, you may add my name. :)
Yes! Thanks for joining! Now, we have a full list of knitters for that blanket. :cheering:

kellyh57
03-06-2008, 01:23 AM
Kelly--for Angel Wings, Shandeh wrote the pattern in the journal, but (ahem) don't forget the garter stitch border like I did part way. Oops. My section is the goofball section.

Glad you got it on time. Have fun!

Der. Maybe I should do a little looking around huh! I was so excited to get it and I was admiring it later on and trying to figure out what it was on my own when I posted.

Oh yeah, thanks for the lamb and "row counters." My 3-year-old said we all got presents- a blankie for me to knit, a toy for Bryce and candy for him. Guess his older brother and Dad don't count.

Kelly

bethany
03-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Der. Maybe I should do a little looking around huh! I was so excited to get it and I was admiring it later on and trying to figure out what it was on my own when I posted.

Oh yeah, thanks for the lamb and "row counters." My 3-year-old said we all got presents- a blankie for me to knit, a toy for Bryce and candy for him. Guess his older brother and Dad don't count.

Kelly
LOL! Glad I made 1/2 the family happy...I'll adjust accordingly next time! :) Have fun!

The.Knitter
03-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Shandeh: If Pretty Princess can be knit with white, I have some white sport weight baby yarn here. If that is good enough for this blanket then you can add me to it if you'd like. I am sorry, I didn't see your post until just now or I would have answered before now. Sorry!

rissa
03-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Jewelry Box arrived here yesterday safe and sound. Still waiting on Sunny Days. Maybe it'll come in todays mail.

MAmaDawn
03-06-2008, 09:00 PM
So glad they both got there. I hope you both enjoy knitting them as much as I did.

And enjoy the yarn too! I love how soft it is.

Shandeh
03-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Shandeh: If Pretty Princess can be knit with white, I have some white sport weight baby yarn here. If that is good enough for this blanket then you can add me to it if you'd like. I am sorry, I didn't see your post until just now or I would have answered before now. Sorry!
Hello, my friend! :)

Your yarn is sportweight, so it will work for the preemie blankets. I have a "Pink Princess" preemie blanket that it would work perfectly for. I'll add you to that list, if that's okay with you.

The.Knitter
03-07-2008, 12:02 AM
That's fine with me. Go ahead and add me to the list please. It is a white sport weight acrylic with a small strand of satin running through it. Is there a particular pattern that is to be knit? P.S. I love the new hairdo!!!

Shandeh
03-07-2008, 12:05 AM
I'm just casting it on right now, so I haven't chosen a pattern yet.

Here is the link to the "Preemie Blankets" discussion, where you'll see the information when you need it.
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74996

Thanks for joining! :hug:

Secksiebrat
03-07-2008, 02:14 AM
Provided I'm not "Snowed in" (is that ok to say if I live in texas...) I'll get the Purple Paradise blanket out tomorrow. I'll post a picture in the morning as well!

~danielle~

Sorry for my tardiness. I start the new medicine tonight *Crosses fingers*

rissa
03-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Oooooh MAmaDawn! Thank you for the yarn! It is very smooshy indeed. It'll be fun to work with. So very nice of you! :muah:

Shandeh
03-07-2008, 02:10 PM
I start the new medicine tonight *Crosses fingers*
I hope the medicine works for you! Crossed Fingers :muah:
Sandy Got the Purple Passion Blanket today, will get to work on it over the weekend. Thank you very much for the pattern booklet.
Yay! Our blanket had a successful trip to England! :cheering:
I hope you enjoy working on it, my friend. :hug:

MAmaDawn
03-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Oooooh MAmaDawn! Thank you for the yarn! It is very smooshy indeed. It'll be fun to work with. So very nice of you! :muah:

So glad you like it

auburnchick
03-07-2008, 05:54 PM
The Fairy Dance blanket arrived today!!!! :woohoo:

It really is quite beautiful! :inlove: It's so soft, that I just wanna cuddle up with it!

I just got back from taking it yarn shopping, so I'll be happily knitting on it in just a bit!

Thank you, Tracie, for the yarn and dishcloth pattern booklet! I just :heart: the color of the yarn, and the patterns are so pretty!!! I can't wait to make them!!!

traceleighj
03-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Auburnchick-

You are so welcome. Enjoy!

traceleighj
03-07-2008, 11:43 PM
I just got home from a night out with the girls, and DH met me at the door with a package. I got the Fruity Loops blanket today. Thanks SteveDallas for the beautiful yarn!

Shandeh
03-08-2008, 12:59 AM
I just got home from a night out with the girls, and DH met me at the door with a package. I got the Fruity Loops blanket today. Thanks SteveDallas for the beautiful yarn!
Tracie, you are the last knitter on the "Fruity Loops" blanket. If it looks okay, you can just bind off your stitches, and send it on. If you think it needs a border, just let me know.

traceleighj
03-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Ugh! I went to Joanns the other day and got 2 skeins of yarn for the Fruity Loops blanket. My problem? Which one to use? I can't decide as they both would look good.....guess I will have to start with one and see how I like it! Decisions decisions......

Shandeh
03-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Ugh! I went to Joanns the other day and got 2 skeins of yarn for the Fruity Loops blanket. My problem? Which one to use? I can't decide as they both would look good.....guess I will have to start with one and see how I like it! Decisions decisions......
Use BOTH of them!!! I do that all the time, because I get bored with just one color. :teehee: Just do a few stripes of each color. I bet it will look cool. :)
Have finished my section of the Purple Passion blanket and will finish the journal this weekend. Will be ready to send to Pauline on Monday. Sandy could you PM me Paulines address please.
Have also finished the Spring Flower blanket so it looks like Pauline will recieve two at the same time.
Yay! Good work, my friend! :hug:
I'll check with Pauline right now. :thumbsup:

Shandeh
03-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Last night, I finished the beginning of the Easter Basket blanket. I used some vintage Caron Wintuk yarn, in the color "Soft Lilac". Since this blanket is called "Easter Basket", I decided to use a basket theme for my stitching as well.

I chose to use the "Woven Squares" design on page 21 of the Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns (http://www.amazon.com/Big-Book-Knitting-Stitch-Patterns/dp/1402727631).

Here is the blanket:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3041/2319283172_0cb8461616.jpg

While I was working on it, I was watching the Appendices of the Lord of the Rings DVD. My little camera was sitting by my knitting chair, so I grabbed it, stuck it under my chin, and made a little video of my knitting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O64tcb4vKvk

bethany
03-08-2008, 03:51 PM
yay! That's very pretty and I've been wanting to do a basket-weavy pattern, so I'm thinking I'll keep in step with you on the Easter basket blanket! Cute!

Karina
03-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Will have to watch that, must be funny. liked your little giggle.

Shandeh
03-08-2008, 04:53 PM
I think I enjoy watching the Appendices better than watching the actual movie. It's just so cool to see how they made the film. They did so much work!!! Fascinating.

I still have quite a few more blankets to cast on and get going.

Here's the little list I made:

snowbear
03-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Shandeh,

That looks awesome. Please add me to any blanket you need.. at the end. I'm more than happy to add the last touch before delivering them..

Secksiebrat
03-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Just wanted to post a picture of the Purple Paradise blanket. It will be on it's way Monday... Sorry for the delay!

~danielle~

snowbear
03-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Love the pic... purples are so pretty.. reminds me of spring

auburnchick
03-08-2008, 10:52 PM
I just finished knitting my part of Fairy Dance! I have to say that this is a very pretty blanket! It's so soft!!!!!

I used Caron Simply Soft. The color is Orchid.

Here are pictures (it's folded into thirds because I could not get the cable to lie flat when it is opened up):

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3035/2319417927_608c95c466.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2006/2320228782_1416cee6a4.jpg

Here's a close-up of the Pillar Stitch I (from the book knit & purl (http://www.amazon.com/Harmony-Guide-Knit-Stitches-Guides/dp/1596680563/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1205031009&sr=8-1)):

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3225/2320240014_367fbe89b2.jpg

Secksiebrat
03-09-2008, 01:15 AM
That stitch is beautiful! Was it hard to do?

~danielle~

traceleighj
03-09-2008, 01:16 AM
Oh, So very pretty! You did a beautiful job!

Foxyie
03-09-2008, 08:32 AM
all of these blankets are looking fantastic! :cheering:

how's the shamrock hills blanket going?

i don't know if i missed any postings about it but i don't remember seeing anything..i'm sooooo ready to knit my part on that one! :teehee:

i also saw something about a Ocean Waves blanket.. i would sure like to work on that as well..

GiddyKnitter
03-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi Sandy

The new Easter blanket is really pretty. I really enjoyed watching the little video clip it was like having you here in my front room!! I see you knit the English way?

bethany
03-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Here's a close-up of the Pillar Stitch I (from the book knit & purl (http://www.amazon.com/Harmony-Guide-Knit-Stitches-Guides/dp/1596680563/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1205031009&sr=8-1)):

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3225/2320240014_367fbe89b2.jpg[/QUOTE]
Lovely stitch Auburnchick! It looks really pretty!

GiddyKnitter
03-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Ohhhh I really like that stitch xx

DQ
03-09-2008, 04:55 PM
I really enjoyed that little video Sandy, it was a nice soothing distraction from my burnt finger :hug:

MAmaDawn
03-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Love that stitch... I may have to do that for one I am working on... (hope it's ok if I copy you... ;))

auburnchick
03-09-2008, 08:44 PM
That stitch is beautiful! Was it hard to do?

~danielle~

No...it wasn't hard at all! I'd share the pattern, but I can't find a link to it on the internet...and of course copyright...

Thank you for the nice feedback, all! :muah:

The.Knitter
03-09-2008, 08:47 PM
That stitch is fantastic. It would make a really great afghan I think. Great job!!!

auburnchick
03-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Neon Fun was mailed Priority Mail this afternoon to Nathalie in Florida. :muah:

The confirmation number is 03063030000246741777

The blanket arrived!!!!! :cheering:

It actually got here yesterday, but I was out of town with my daughter, so it was waiting for me.

Thank you so much for the sock yarn and magazine!!! Lorna's Laces is my favorite!!!! It's so pretty!!!!! :inlove:

What a sweetie you are!

I'll be taking the blanket shopping with me tomorrow to find the p-e-r-f-e-c-t yarn!!!

Spikey
03-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Our power was out almost all weekend, with a large number of trees down in our neighborhood.

I was able to do a bit of work on Patriotic Party, by candlelight or in front of the fireplace, when we pulled the couch up close for warmth (it got down to 55 degrees in the house!).

This was the perfect blanket to be working, as I felt like Betsy Ross, knitting the Stars & Stripes! :teehee: :knitting:

I'll post a pic, now that we can charge the camera again, before I send it on later this week.

rissa
03-10-2008, 05:03 PM
:happydance:Sunny Days arrived today!!! I was planning on a trip to pick up yarn for both Sunny Days and Jewelry Box at the same time, but Sunny Days was delayed somehow in getting here. So, I was planning on going this afternoon to get the yarn for Jewelry Box so it wouldn't be postponed any longer, but...YAY I get to shop for both after all!!

Secksiebrat
03-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Purple Paradise is finally on the move again! Sorry for the delay. This pregnancy has been so much harder than my first! I hit 8 weeks yesterday. Maybe not too much longer and I can feel like myself again!

~danielle~

Shandeh
03-10-2008, 10:34 PM
all of these blankets are looking fantastic! :cheering: how's the shamrock hills blanket going?

i don't know if i missed any postings about it but i don't remember seeing anything..i'm sooooo ready to knit my part on that one! :teehee:

i also saw something about a Ocean Waves blanket.. i would sure like to work on that as well..
I believe that jjminarcik should be finished with her part on the "Shamrock Hills" blanket. I'll check with her. And I'll gladly add you to the "Ocean Waves" blanket! :hug:
The new Easter blanket is really pretty. I really enjoyed watching the little video clip it was like having you here in my front room!! I see you knit the English way?
I'm glad you like my video! :heart: It was fun to do. Yes, I have to knit English, because I have pain in both arms. (probably arthritis) It's less painful to knit this way, because I can keep my arms and fingers more relaxed. :)
I really enjoyed that little video Sandy, it was a nice soothing distraction from my burnt finger :hug:
:muah: I hope your finger gets better!
The blanket arrived!!!!! :cheering:
It actually got here yesterday, but I was out of town with my daughter, so it was waiting for me. I'll be taking the blanket shopping with me tomorrow to find the p-e-r-f-e-c-t yarn!!!
Yay! Have fun!
Our power was out almost all weekend, with a large number of trees down in our neighborhood. I was able to do a bit of work on Patriotic Party, by candlelight or in front of the fireplace, when we pulled the couch up close for warmth (it got down to 55 degrees in the house!).

This was the perfect blanket to be working, as I felt like Betsy Ross, knitting the Stars & Stripes! :teehee: :knitting:
What a neat story! I just love it when the power goes out. (Doesn't that sound silly!) :teehee:

:happydance:Sunny Days arrived today!!! I was planning on a trip to pick up yarn for both Sunny Days and Jewelry Box at the same time, but Sunny Days was delayed somehow in getting here. So, I was planning on going this afternoon to get the yarn for Jewelry Box so it wouldn't be postponed any longer, but...YAY I get to shop for both after all!!
Neat! :cheering:
Purple Paradise is finally on the move again! Sorry for the delay. This pregnancy has been so much harder than my first! I hit 8 weeks yesterday. Maybe not too much longer and I can feel like myself again!
You poor thing. I know it's really bothering you, because you talk about it a lot. I hope things get better soon. :pout:

wickedphantm
03-11-2008, 11:58 AM
I am almost done with the Berry Bliss blanket! I started a new job at the hospital this past week so I've been a little delayed. Hopefully will get it in the mail...by friday!

auburnchick
03-11-2008, 11:10 PM
I finished my part of the Neon Fun blanket! :cheering:

I used Caron Simply Soft, and the color is Mango. I used the twisted stockinette stitch.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2036/2327466343_04ee272a1a.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3219/2327470541_6b2c0f01f8_m.jpg

pinnut3200
03-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Nice job and good color choice. This is definitely a colorful blanket.

It will bring smiles to everyone who sees it.

The.Knitter
03-11-2008, 11:47 PM
That is going to be a wonderful cheerful blanket when it is finished. Imagine some parent, or nurse or caregiver, looking at that blanket and reading the journal to the child? How special that will be....

Shandeh
03-12-2008, 03:06 PM
I finished my part of the Neon Fun blanket! :cheering: I used Caron Simply Soft, and the color is Mango. I used the twisted stockinette stitch.
Love it! Send it to me, and I'll add a simple border. :thumbsup:
That is going to be a wonderful cheerful blanket when it is finished. Imagine some parent, or nurse or caregiver, looking at that blanket and reading the journal to the child? How special that will be....
What a wonderful thought! cloud9

jhelanee
03-12-2008, 09:10 PM
When I got home from work today I found "Purple Paradise" in my mailbox! Off to raid the stash for appropriate yarn...

Spikey
03-12-2008, 09:51 PM
Rainbow Joy arrived today! Thanks, Sandy, for the beautiful stitch markers and the lovely card, plus the yarn!

Patriotic Party is almost ready to be mailed to the next knitter. Is it still Bethany?

bethany
03-12-2008, 10:08 PM
it's me spikey! I'm ready! yay fun!

kellyh57
03-12-2008, 11:33 PM
I finished Angel Wings today. I used pink Simply Soft. Here's a close-up of my part:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2351/2329687815_a1bcbbf67f_m.jpg

Here's the whole thing:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3215/2330513050_9393eed224.jpg

Kelly

GiddyKnitter
03-13-2008, 02:46 AM
Angel wings is looking really pretty x

bethany
03-13-2008, 09:07 AM
I finished Angel Wings today. I used pink Simply Soft. Here's a close-up of my part:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2351/2329687815_a1bcbbf67f_m.jpg

Here's the whole thing:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3215/2330513050_9393eed224.jpg

Kelly
Kelly, it looks so pretty! You probably don't get to use pink yarn to often, huh!? Very nice!

auburnchick
03-13-2008, 09:10 AM
Angel Wings is beautiful!!! I can't wait to receive it!!!!

The.Knitter
03-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Angel Wings is turning into quite the pretty blanket. Gorgeous work ladies!

Nikkilc
03-13-2008, 09:33 AM
So pretty

Constance123
03-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Hi
I'm in the Kansas City area and already make preemie hats and drop them off at local hospitals. How can I be part of this Oddball Blanket project for Children's Mercy?
Constance123

kellyh57
03-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Kelly, it looks so pretty! You probably don't get to use pink yarn to often, huh!? Very nice!

Nope! I love it :) I'm not too upset that I never had girls, but I do miss that I won't ever get to knit them the pretty things like this. That's what nieces and charity babies are for!

Kelly

kellyh57
03-13-2008, 10:08 AM
Hi
I'm in the Kansas City area and already make preemie hats and drop them off at local hospitals. How can I be part of this Oddball Blanket project for Children's Mercy?
Constance123

Just send a PM to Shandeh. (Click on her name where you see a post from her and then click on "Send a Private Message" in that box that pops up.) She'll need your name and address and which project you'd like to work on. We'd LOVE to have you!

I'm in KC too :) I'm way up north, by Liberty...

Kelly

Constance123
03-13-2008, 10:10 AM
:knitting: :knitting: :knitting: Hi
Constance123

Constance123
03-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Hi
I'm up here in Lansing. Thanks for the help
Connie

GiddyKnitter
03-13-2008, 12:12 PM
Woweeee Hi there Connie

Now fancy seeing you here he he he. You are going to just love being part of the KAL for the preemie blankets xx

suziehomemaker
03-13-2008, 02:11 PM
I received Fairy Dance in the mail today!

Auburnchick - thank you so much for the yarn and pattern booklet! You are completely right with red being my favorite color and my love for cables! I'll definitely be using this for the Red Scarf Project this fall!

Now it's time to raid my stash and find the perfect stitch to use!

:woot:

auburnchick
03-13-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm glad it arrived safe and sound. :cheering:

Spikey
03-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Patriotic Party is growing like crazy. It will go in the mail to Bethany first thing tomorrow morning.

I added strips of white with a modified (aka screwed up) seed stitch, blue with diagonal crossed stitch, and a touch of the red to finish it off.

Here are some pics:

snowbear
03-13-2008, 07:04 PM
How beautiful & patriotic! you guys rock!

It looks awesome!:hug:

auburnchick
03-13-2008, 07:14 PM
I really like that, Spikey! GREAT job!

The.Knitter
03-13-2008, 07:20 PM
How very.... patriotic! Great job. I really love all the different stitches on this blanket.

Shandeh
03-14-2008, 12:42 AM
I finished Angel Wings today. I used pink Simply Soft. - Kelly
Beautiful!!! :inlove: That blanket is just going to be LOVED!!!
Hi
Constance123
Hi Constance!! I'm glad we were able to get in touch with each other today. I look forward to seeing your knitting on our "Ocean Waves" blanket! :hug:
Just send a PM to Shandeh. (Click on her name where you see a post from her and then click on "Send a Private Message" in that box that pops up.) She'll need your name and address and which project you'd like to work on. We'd LOVE to have you!I'm in KC too :) I'm way up north, by Liberty... Kelly
Kelly, thanks for helping Constance! :muah:

Patriotic Party is growing like crazy. It will go in the mail to Bethany first thing tomorrow morning.
:heart:
How very.... patriotic! Great job. I really love all the different stitches on this blanket.
I agree!!! Whenever I see the Patriotic Party blanket, I want to stand up and salute! http://bestsmileys.com/usa1/19.gif

bethany
03-14-2008, 10:43 AM

I added strips of white with a modified (aka screwed up) seed stitch, blue with diagonal crossed stitch, and a touch of the red to finish it off.

Here are some pics:
OOh! I'm excited to get Patriotic Party! It looks beautiful! (intimidated!!) I'll have to pull out all the stops for this, huh!?

auburnchick
03-14-2008, 11:00 AM
OOh! I'm excited to get Patriotic Party! It looks beautiful! (intimidated!!) I'll have to pull out all the stops for this, huh!?

Oh yeah...we're expecting intarsia stars, of course. :thumbsup:

Spikey
03-14-2008, 11:38 AM
As yes, my strip of garter stitch is very impressive, to be sure. :wink:

PP is in the mail - delivery conf 0307 0020 0001 7576 1724

bethany
03-14-2008, 08:04 PM
LOL Thanks!

bethany
03-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Oh yeah...we're expecting intarsia stars, of course. :thumbsup:
Dude! You blew my surprise!

Shandeh
03-16-2008, 01:26 AM
:teehee: You two...

Today, I took a couple of the baby blankets to show to some local knitters in my area. We get together once a month at a local coffee shop.

I took the "Neon Fun" blanket, as well as the beginning of the "Angel Hugs" preemie blanket. I also took the beginning of a new blanket, so someone there could continue knitting on it.

I also took 4 circular needles, and 4 small journals, so I could hand them out, with instructions on how to start a blanket of their own, if they were interested.

Yes! I have 6 more people making baby blankets with us!
:woohoo:
(One of them had already started one of her own, because she had heard me talking about it in February.) :wink:

This project is so contagious, you know. cloud9

I'm looking forward to getting photos of their blanket beginnings at our next get-together. They will be switching blankets at that time, and working on the others. They just loved the idea! :thumbsup:

The.Knitter
03-16-2008, 01:55 AM
That is so cool! What a way to spread the love. Sooner or later we will have all of America and it's knitters showing love in just this way! Keep up the great work!!!

Shandeh
03-16-2008, 02:29 AM
Thanks!

Handing out those needles and journals at the meeting gave me an idea.

If any of you would like to start one of our blankets, let me know, and I will mail a needle and journal, and a sheet of instructions to you. That will help get our projects started quicker. I just can't keep up with all of them by myself!

(Right now, I'm supposed to be casting on 8 more blankets, but I've only gotten 2 of them started.) :help:

By the way, I never posted a photo of the "Neon Fun" package I received from Auburnchick. She sent yarn and tea for me! cloud9
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3060/2335935025_b5f7e52df5.jpg

gmmarton
03-16-2008, 09:49 AM
Sandy,

I haven't received any blankets in the last ten days now and I have a long weekend coming up, so I would be happy to start "Happy Crayons" Oddball Baby Blanket even though I'm not on the list! I am second on the list for the Preemie Baby Blanket "Pink Princess," so I could certainly start that Preemie blanket as well. You don't have to send me any circular needles: I have some to spare, and would be happy to use them for this project. If you give me the go-ahead, I will review the instructions on the Blog so that I cast on the proper number of stitches to get started on these two baby blankets as soon as possible. I will pick up two Journals at my local A.C. Moore and get them ready to travel with the two different blankets. Lastly, if you want to send me the instructions via e-mail, that will save postage, and we all know, that's a great thing! I will include your instructions with the blankets. Please let me know if this works!
Thanks!
Gail

snowbear
03-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Just think of all the love that is spreading with our simple blankets. Can you imagine if this spread nationwide and all babies everywhere could be wrapped up in one of theese that needed extra love?

I will be delivering the first batch Thursday or Friday. I'll be sure and take pictures.

The.Knitter
03-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Please do take pictures! I will be anxiously waiting to see them. Thanks Snowbear for delivering these blankets to the children. You started a really really good thing here!

Shandeh
03-16-2008, 06:54 PM
I would be happy to start "Happy Crayons" Oddball Baby Blanket even though I'm not on the list! I am second on the list for the Preemie Baby Blanket "Pink Princess," so I could certainly start that Preemie blanket as well.
Yay! :woohoo:
Thank you, my friend! :hug:
You're welcome to start BOTH of them! :)

Here's the website, with the instructions for all our projects:
http://oddballknitters.blogspot.com/

Can you imagine if this spread nationwide and all babies everywhere could be wrapped up in one of theese that needed extra love?
Exactly! That's my dream as well!!
The blankets the other ladies are making will be going to a hospital in North Carolina. :wink:

I will be delivering the first batch Thursday or Friday. I'll be sure and take pictures.
Yay! I can't wait to see the photos! :cheering:

Thanks Snowbear for delivering these blankets to the children. You started a really really good thing here!
I agree! :thumbsup:

The.Knitter
03-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Shandeh: Do you want me to start the Pink Princess blanket? It would have to be started in white, but would that be ok? I can do that right now if you would like. Let me know. I have a notebook here I could use as a journal and it is pink. I don't have the label that you put on the front of the journal but you could add that later on when the blanket gets to you. If that is ok, tell me what size needles to use and I will start immediately. Let me know please.

HOLD ON HERE! I have an almost full skein of Bernat Softee Baby DK weight yarn in PINK! I could start the blanket with that and then add the white or send the white on for the next knitter to use if you would like....

Shandeh
03-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Shandeh: Do you want me to start the Pink Princess blanket? It would have to be started in white, but would that be ok? I can do that right now if you would like. Let me know. I have a notebook here I could use as a journal and it is pink. I don't have the label that you put on the front of the journal but you could add that later on when the blanket gets to you. If that is ok, tell me what size needles to use and I will start immediately. Let me know please.

HOLD ON HERE! I have an almost full skein of Bernat Softee Baby DK weight yarn in PINK! I could start the blanket with that and then add the white or send the white on for the next knitter to use if you would like....

OK, let's see what gmmarton decides. If she wants to let you start the "Pink Princess" blanket instead of her, she can let us know.

I also have two REGULAR baby blankets that are pink. "Pink Power" and "Pretty Princess". But, those would need worsted weight yarn.

The.Knitter
03-16-2008, 07:34 PM
I have some white soft boucle I could start a blanket with for you. Let gmmarton start hers and I will start a worsted one. I'll hang on to the softee baby for another blanket when it comes my way. I'll start on Powder Puff and let you know when I get four inches knit. I have a size 9 metal circ here. I will steam the cord as it is in a funky loop that would not be easy for other knitters to use. I think with the boucle I will just knit it in garter stitch. It will be soft and squishy and that yarn does not need a fancy stitch because it is textured yarn. I also have several notebooks here. I think the sparkly purple one is the way to go for Pretty Princess. Let me know if this is ok.

MAmaDawn
03-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Dreamy Blue is ready to move on.... is the next knitter ready? I'll post pics tomorrow or when I mail it.

gmmarton
03-16-2008, 08:14 PM
I've started the Pink Princess preemie baby blanket already. I cast on 90 sts of pink DK sportweight, 100% acrylic yarn on size 6 circulars. I've reviewed the instructions and will be happy to take care of all aspects of the blanket, including printing out instructions, adding a Journal, etc. This little blanket is working up quickly, so I will PM the next knitter in a day.
Thanks!

gmmarton
03-16-2008, 08:17 PM
I would be delighted to start the "Happy Crayons" Oddball Baby Blanket tomorrow. I will CO 100 sts on a #8 circular using a worsted weight acrylic in something that looks "crayon-like." Maybe a yellow or red...or a blue or a purple...hmn...the choices are endless.
Thanks!

The.Knitter
03-16-2008, 08:34 PM
OK I started Powder Puff. I CO 100 stitches with a worsted weight yarn (Bernat soft boucle in white) and am doing garter stitch on size 9 circs. I will print out the instructions and start a journal. It should be on the move in a few days. I'll let you know when it's ready for mailing.

Shandeh
03-16-2008, 08:43 PM
I have some white soft boucle I could start a blanket with for you. I'll start on Pretty Princess and let you know when I get four inches knit. I have a size 9 metal circ here. I will steam the cord as it is in a funky loop that would not be easy for other knitters to use. I think with the boucle I will just knit it in garter stitch.I think the sparkly purple one is the way to go for Pretty Princess. Let me know if this is ok.
Great! :thumbsup: The white boucle will be nice for that blanket! And I really appreciate you letting us use your needle. :heart:
The purple journal sounds PERFECT! :wink:
Dreamy Blue is ready to move on.... is the next knitter ready? I'll post pics tomorrow or when I mail it.
Thanks so much! :hug: The Dreamy Blue blanket can go to Snowbear, who will finish it up for us! I'll send you a PM with her address.
I've started the Pink Princess preemie baby blanket already. I cast on 90 sts of pink DK sportweight, 100% acrylic yarn on size 6 circulars. I've reviewed the instructions and will be happy to take care of all aspects of the blanket, including printing out instructions, adding a Journal, etc. This little blanket is working up quickly, so I will PM the next knitter in a day.
Wow! You're FAST!!! Thanks so much! :woohoo:
The next knitter after you is "The.Knitter"

I would be delighted to start the "Happy Crayons" Oddball Baby Blanket tomorrow. I will CO 100 sts on a #8 circular using a worsted weight acrylic in something that looks "crayon-like." Maybe a yellow or red...or a blue or a purple...hmn...the choices are endless.

Thank you all SO MUCH for helping out! Now, our blankets will get a push, so they can be worked on quicker!

I'll make a note on my records, so your knitting needles will be returned to you. :wink:

Shandeh
03-16-2008, 08:44 PM
OK I started Pretty Princess. I CO 100 stitches with a worsted weight yarn (Bernat soft boucle in white) and am doing garter stitch on size 9 circs. I will print out the instructions and start a journal. It should be on the move in a few days. I'll let you know when it's ready for mailing.
:cheering:

The.Knitter
03-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Stick mine in the collection and use it for the blankets Hon. It will get used that way. If it stays here it only sits in a drawer! This is so much fun! Thanks for letting me help out. I started the journal and am knitting now!

MAmaDawn
03-16-2008, 11:28 PM
I love to give homemade gifts... which one of my kids do you want?

TheKnitter... that made my dh laugh... he liked it!

The.Knitter
03-16-2008, 11:31 PM
Glad he liked it. Does he want a kid or two perhaps??? I guarantee they are home made.... VERY fresh too (sometimes too fresh darn them)!

auburnchick
03-17-2008, 12:13 AM
Can I just say WOW?!!!

:passedout:

I was out on the Vegas strip most of the afternoon, and look what y'all have been posting!!!! Wow!!!!

Things are really starting to move fast!!! I'm exhausted. Of course, that could be from hoofing it up and down Las Vegas Blvd. :teehee:

What an amazing project!!!!

Shandeh
03-17-2008, 12:47 AM
Say Wow! and Woopie! and Yippee! and Woo Hoo!
:woohoo:

It really is fun in Oddball Baby Blanket Land.
cloud9

I hope you're having fun in Vegas! :muah:

The.Knitter
03-17-2008, 03:01 AM
Powder Puff Baby Blanket: my section is now finished. This blanket will be on the move on Wednesday (which is payday). The next knitter on the list for Powder Puff is knitgal. I will post the tracking number when I get back from the post office on Wednesday.

auburnchick
03-17-2008, 07:07 AM
I hope you're having fun in Vegas! :muah:

Yes, we had a good time. We just got off of the red-eye...waiting out our two-hour layover for our connecting flight. I'm ready to get home and go to bed.

:zombie:

The.Knitter
03-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Chicky I hope you get some rest today. I'm sure after all that excitement home is looking really good to you right now!

jjminarcik
03-17-2008, 11:13 AM
"Shamrock Hills" has been mailed to Foxyie today - on St. Patrick's Day, no less! LOL! It is being sent Priority Mail, delivery confirmation is 04942435611060004865.

knitgal
03-17-2008, 01:20 PM
I am so happy to be joining the Canadian branch of this KAL. I couldn't be more excited about making a difference in a child's life.

Secksiebrat
03-17-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm going to start a blanket called "summer fun". The yarn I am using is varigated blue/green/yellow. My thought is if everyone used a different color of varigants it would be quite colorful! Now if you don't have a varigated yarn to use, that's totally ok too :)
I'll knit first and then last so I'll need 4 other knitters to join in! The blanket probably wont be ready until the end of the week or early next week!
Thanks!

~danielle~

Shandeh
03-17-2008, 04:47 PM
As you can see, we have quite a bit of things going on with our baby blankets! :)

Our blankets in England are coming along nicely. And now, we're starting a set of blankets in Canada! (Thanks for offering, The.Knitter!) The Canadian blankets will be given to a hospital in Canada. :thumbsup:

Also, several of you have offered to start blankets. Thank you so much! I was starting to get a bit overloaded with so many blankets to start by myself! :shock: Things are much more manageable now. Thank you all! :woohoo:

Our Oddball Baby Blanket group is just so AMAZING! cloud9

Here is a report on our current blankets in progress.

In England - "Purple Passion" and "Circus Fun" are going well.

In Canada - "Powder Puff" and "Flower Garden" are being started by The.Knitter. She needs more Canadian knitters for those blankets, so contact her to sign up.

Here is how things are going on the US blankets:

Fruity Loops is ready to go to the hospital! :cheering:
Patriotic Party and Angel Wings and Dreamy Blues are going to the last knitter!

All of our other blankets are moving along nicely. :)

We still need knitters for the following US blankets:
Pretty Princess (pinks, purples, whites)- need 2 knitters
Happy Crayons (primary colors) - need 3 knitters
Ocean Waves (blues, greens, aqua, teal) - need 1 knitter
Summer Fun (bright, happy colors) - need 4 knitters

auburnchick
03-17-2008, 06:30 PM
Sandy, please add me to Pretty Princess and Summer Fun.

Thank you!

Oh, and I received Angel Wings today! :cheering:

Thank you, Kelly, for the yarn! :muah:

bethany
03-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Oh Spikey! I received Patriotic Party today and it's sooooo cool! It really looks great and the journal cracked me up! (It's written from the perspective of the blanket! Very funny!) Thank you for the yarn. Apparently I have to knit something for my 18 month old. She wouldn't let it go and cried when I had to take it at dinner time! Very soft! Thank you!

pinnut3200
03-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Sandy,

Please add me to Summer Fun and Happy Crayons.

Spikey
03-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Oh Spikey! I received Patriotic Party today and it's sooooo cool! It really looks great and the journal cracked me up! (It's written from the perspective of the blanket! Very funny!) Thank you for the yarn. Apparently I have to knit something for my 18 month old. She wouldn't let it go and cried when I had to take it at dinner time! Very soft! Thank you!

Glad it arrived safe and sound! You are quite welcome. Enjoy the softness.

Spikey
03-17-2008, 08:12 PM
We still need knitters for the following US blankets:
Pretty Princess (pinks, purples, whites)- need 2 knitters
Happy Crayons (primary colors) - need 3 knitters
Ocean Waves (blues, greens, aqua, teal) - need 1 knitter
Summer Fun (bright, happy colors) - need 4 knitters

Sandy - I am happy to help wherever you need me.

Shandeh
03-17-2008, 09:40 PM
Cool! Thank you all for signing up for more knitting!

You can see the list of knitters for each blanket on our blog:
http://babyoddball.blogspot.com/

Now, we need 1 more knitter on each of these blankets:

Pretty Princess
Happy Crayons
Ocean Waves

Shandeh
03-17-2008, 10:28 PM
Here is the "Pretty Princess" blanket, ready to go to the next knitter! :)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3284/2341488933_b8a962f974.jpg

I used Caron Simply Soft in the color "Soft Pink". The design I used is called "Pyramids", on page 10 of the Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns (http://www.amazon.com/Big-Book-Knitting-Stitch-Patterns/dp/1402727631).

stagebear
03-17-2008, 11:05 PM
i can do "Happy Crayons" - i have some purple sitting around waiting to be used.

gmmarton
03-18-2008, 06:17 AM
I can do Ocean Waves, unless you have someone else in mind...

suziehomemaker
03-18-2008, 08:55 AM
I completed my section on Fairy Dance and it's ready to go. Here's pictures of the blanket (folded in half) and a close up of my section. I used Caron's Simply Soft in soft green.

auburnchick
03-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Beautiful job!! :inlove:

gmmarton
03-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Angela,

I love the green and purple...very spring-like!

suziehomemaker
03-18-2008, 12:37 PM
I can't take the credit for that choice. My husband so the soft green and said that it matched the green in the varigated section. As usual he's a great knitting helper!

Spikey
03-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Beautiful! What stitch did you use?

Shandeh
03-18-2008, 09:45 PM
I can do Ocean Waves, unless you have someone else in mind...
:teehee: You're already on that blanket. :wink:
I can't take the credit for that choice. My husband so the soft green and said that it matched the green in the varigated section. As usual he's a great knitting helper!
He's got a good eye for color! :thumbsup:
(and a good eye for a wife as well!) :)

We still need 2 knitters.
One for "Pretty Princess" and one for "Ocean Waves".

Spikey
03-18-2008, 10:06 PM
We still need 2 knitters.
One for "Pretty Princess" and one for "Ocean Waves".

You can add me to those, if you need. :heart:

traceleighj
03-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Hello!

I just finished up the Fruity Loops Blanket! Here is a picture of the final product:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3211/2344771062_7bb88b9c69_m.jpg

I used Red Heart Kids in Ocean (looks cool next to the green) and I crochet a border in teal and watermelon Caron Simply Soft Brights- my first attempt at crochet. :woohoo: (and it doesn't look horrible :woot: )

I will be sending this off to Snowbear on Saturday.

Off to start Ocean Waves now.....

Spikey
03-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Looks great!!!!!

MAmaDawn
03-18-2008, 11:48 PM
Going to take a pic of Dreamy Blue (and the preemie one) tomorrow and put them in the mail...

I started on Firetruck Lane (for like the 3 time, kept co the wrong # :wall: ) and I have been knitting away doing a crossed stocking stitch... you knit into the back loops, but I'm thinking that it's going to curl now... does anyone know if it will? I'm think I need to find a different stitch... but wanted to see what you all thought before i pulled it out.

Thanks!

stagebear
03-18-2008, 11:54 PM
how cute would it be to do a pair of blankets based on the following poem:

What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice,
And everything nice,
That’s what little girls are made of.
What are little boys made of?
Snips and snails,
And puppy dog tails,
That’s what little boys are made of.

They could both be in neutrals - for sugar, spice and puppy colors.

MAmaDawn
03-19-2008, 08:10 AM
That is a cute idea....

bethany
03-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Does anyone have a current pic of Shamrock Hills? Anxious to see how that one looks!

auburnchick
03-19-2008, 10:05 AM
Tracie, great job!!!! :cheering:

traceleighj
03-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Thanks Auburnchick! And thanks for the comment on my blog...I wondered if anyone read it other than my mother and sister!

auburnchick
03-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks Auburnchick! And thanks for the comment on my blog...I wondered if anyone read it other than my mother and sister!

:teehee:

jjminarcik
03-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Shandeh - Please add me wherever you need more knitters. I love working on these blankets!!

I mailed Shamrock Hills to the next knitter the other day. It looks really cute, but my camera is on the fritz, so I couldn't take a picture.

auburnchick
03-19-2008, 06:45 PM
I finished my part of Angel Wings! I used Caron Simply Soft (Baby Bright Ombre 9991). A comment about the yarn...I didn't like it. I've used this brand before, and it's been soft, but this colorway is rough. I used it because I thought, since I'm the last knitter (although Sandy will be adding a border), it would be nice to end with the same colorway. Anyhow, here's a picture.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2258/2345706465_c94f3027d5.jpg

Sandy, I'll probably get it in the mail tomorrow. It's been raining this afternoon, and I didn't feel like getting out in it. I'll send you the confirmation #.

bethany
03-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Angel wings turned out so pretty! I like that you ended on the same colorway Auburnchick. Too bad it felt rough to you. Looks good though! Yay!

Foxyie
03-20-2008, 01:14 AM
wow these blankets are shaping up nicely! great job everyone!

i got the shamrock hills blanket today and some goodies that smelled wonderful.. thanks bunches jjminarcik!

and here is a pic of the blanket with my section added.. it's ready to go to the next knitter!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/foxyie/100_5903.jpg

jjminarcik
03-20-2008, 02:45 AM
Wow! Foxyie - you are fast!! Glad you liked your goodies!

bethany
03-20-2008, 09:13 AM
I mailed Shamrock Hills to the next knitter the other day. It looks really cute, but my camera is on the fritz, so I couldn't take a picture.
Thanks! My camera is too--bummer! I'll see it in person soon enough, just anxious! ;)

auburnchick
03-20-2008, 10:21 AM
Foxyie, the blanket is just gorgeous!!!! :inlove:

HollyP
03-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Wow!! The blankets are beautiful! I love watching them go from a title/theme on this thread to a real live blanket. Well done everyone!!:hug:

Foxyie
03-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Wow! Foxyie - you are fast!! Glad you liked your goodies!

yes i've been waiting ..so i was very ready! i had some extra time to knit at work, so that helped too.

Foxyie, the blanket is just gorgeous!!!! :inlove:
yes it is very pretty in person!

suziehomemaker
03-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Robinknits - The USPS tracking number for Fairy Dance it:
0307 1790 0005 5145 8629

It didn't get mailed until today at lunch. I've been so busy with work that my parents stopped by and I asked them to drop it off for me. Thank goodness for family!

Shandeh
03-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Golly, we are BUSY!!! :thud:

I hope I can keep all this straight. :think:
Of course, this had to happen on the busiest week of the year for me! :teehee:

My church music work has been non-stop since Christmas. I am SO looking forward to Easter this Sunday! :pray:

I gave up buying yarn for Lent, so I'm EXTRA excited that I'll be able to buy yarn again on Monday! :woohoo:

Anyway, pardon my giddiness. :wink:
You've all done a MARVELOUS job with the blankets!! :cheering:

You can add me to those, if you need. :heart:
Thanks! I've added you to "Pretty Princess! :hug:
I just finished up the Fruity Loops Blanket!
It looks WONDERFUL!!! And your crochet is great! :thumbsup:
..........I have been knitting away doing a crossed stocking stitch... you knit into the back loops, but I'm thinking that it's going to curl now... does anyone know if it will? I'm think I need to find a different stitch... but wanted to see what you all thought before i pulled it out.
You can knit a few rows, and see how it looks. Maybe you could do a small square with 10 stitches cast on?

how cute would it be to do a pair of blankets based on the following poem:

What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice,
And everything nice,
Thatís what little girls are made of.
What are little boys made of?
Snips and snails,
And puppy dog tails,
Thatís what little boys are made of.

They could both be in neutrals - for sugar, spice and puppy colors.
I LOVE that idea!! We could call the blankets "Sugar and Spice" and "Puppy Dog Tails". :wink:

Please add me wherever you need more knitters. I love working on these blankets!!
Thanks! I've added you to "Ocean Waves". :)

I finished my part of Angel Wings!
Great work! And I love how the end and beginning match. cloud9

i got the shamrock hills blanket today and some goodies that smelled wonderful.. thanks bunches jjminarcik!
Nice! I LOVE the photo! :inlove:
Wow!! The blankets are beautiful! I love watching them go from a title/theme on this thread to a real live blanket. Well done everyone!!:hug:
I agree 100% :thumbsup:
I've finished my part of the circus blanket. Who do I send it onto next?
It's ready to come to ME now! :woohoo:
The USPS tracking number for Fairy Dance it: 0307 1790 0005 5145 8629
I am thankful for your family mailing it as well! :heart:

gmmarton
03-20-2008, 06:31 PM
I posted "Happy Crayons" to suziehomemaker (aka Angela) this afternoon. The Delivery Confirmation Number is as follows:

0306 2400 0000 8940 8583

Happy knitting, Angela!:woohoo:

Foxyie
03-21-2008, 04:26 PM
i got shamrock hills in the mail today and will be pming the DC number to bethany later when i find the paper again

rissa
03-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Hiya all! I've still got the Sunny Days and Jewelry Box blankets. They have been temporarily put on the shelf, but I should be able to get at them soon. I broke a bone in my foot earlier this week and have been on some kind of narcotic pain reliever, so I haven't done any knitting. I'm having surgery on it on Tuesday, and I'm hoping that I'll be clear headed enough to get some knitting on it later next week. Soooo sorry for the delay!

snowbear
03-21-2008, 10:57 PM
I'm delivering blankets in the morning. I have been speaking w/ several of the volunteers,and they are excited and can't wait for them.

HOWEVER, today I spoke w/ the supervisor of the volunteer department, and she cautioned me on one thing. The little books we all have filled out won't be going w/ the blankets. This is the reason. Many of their patients are terminal. Receiving a booklet saying wishing you well, etc, causes some hurt and depressions. So.. knowing we would do anything to prevent that, I won't be sending the books.

She understood our reasoning, and appreciated it, but their thoughts are for their patients first. I had never thought of the patients thinking negative, and I feel bad for never thinking of this first.

So, they are excited about the blankets, and look forward to receiving them now and in the future. The hospital is appreciative and is very thankful.

I'll post pictures after I deliver them.

Hugs and have a Hoppy Easter!

alleusion
03-22-2008, 04:55 AM
Oh no Rissa! I hope everything goes well and you get back up on that foot as soon as possible!

Snowbear, I can't wait to see the pics!

Spikey
03-22-2008, 08:16 AM
The little books we all have filled out won't be going w/ the blankets. This is the reason. Many of their patients are terminal. Receiving a booklet saying wishing you well, etc, causes some hurt and depressions. So.. knowing we would do anything to prevent that, I won't be sending the books.

As Nathalie mentioned in the DK thread, maybe we should just switch to a small card on which we can all sign our names & locations. :shrug:

I suggest that the journals all go to Sandy, as a treasure for her to keep for coordinating these wonderful projects!

GiddyKnitter
03-22-2008, 09:24 AM
Awww poor you...take care xx

gmmarton
03-22-2008, 09:42 AM
I also like the idea of a small card that everyone signs...and the Journals should go to either Sandy or Snowbear...

The.Knitter
03-22-2008, 09:43 AM
The Canadian Division of Oddball Baby Blanket KAL is carrying on with the journals but there will be no religions comments or get well wishes in the journals. The journals will just tell the story of the blanket's journey to get to the child. Perhaps the US Division could do the same with future journals and blankets?

snowbear
03-22-2008, 01:12 PM
OK... I'm back, and happy & crying at the same time.
They were so happy & appreciative. I agree in the future, a small card with names & where they're their from would work.
I've already told Shandeh they will be sent to her. I've about 2 minutes to get ready and fly to 2 different birthday parties, but I'll post more tomorrow.

Spikey
03-22-2008, 03:00 PM
Rainbow Joy is on its way to Foxyie (USPS delivery conf 0306 2400 0000 5836 9082)

Can't wait to see how it grows!

Robinknits
03-23-2008, 05:30 PM
I received Fairy Dance yesterday. Thanks for the yarn Angela (suziehomemaker). That will make some nice hats for my boys next winter!

I'll have this one finished in the next few days!

Shandeh
03-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Hiya all! I've still got the Sunny Days and Jewelry Box blankets. They have been temporarily put on the shelf, but I should be able to get at them soon. I broke a bone in my foot earlier this week and have been on some kind of narcotic pain reliever, so I haven't done any knitting. I'm having surgery on it on Tuesday, and I'm hoping that I'll be clear headed enough to get some knitting on it later next week. Soooo sorry for the delay!
I hope your foot heals well! Be careful, and let us know when you're ready to send the blankets. :hug:
As Nathalie mentioned in the DK thread, maybe we should just switch to a small card on which we can all sign our names & locations. I suggest that the journals all go to Sandy, as a treasure for her to keep for coordinating these wonderful projects!
I also like the idea of a small card that everyone signs...and the Journals should go to either Sandy or Snowbear...
The Canadian Division of Oddball Baby Blanket KAL is carrying on with the journals but there will be no religions comments or get well wishes in the journals. The journals will just tell the story of the blanket's journey to get to the child. Perhaps the US Division could do the same with future journals and blankets?
Thanks for all the input! :muah:
It's definitely understandable about the journals. We can just use them as mini-scrapbooks of our projects. :heart:

I think we should complete the journals that are in circulation right now, and then we'll switch to a little card instead.

As for the journals I bought that have not been used, I can take them back for a refund. :thumbsup:

They were so happy & appreciative. I agree in the future, a small card with names & where they're their from would work.

Thanks for delivering the blankets, Snowbear! :hug:
Any photos yet? :pray:

The.Knitter
03-23-2008, 10:03 PM
I am anxious to see photos as well! This will be me in about two months and I'd like to see what kind of photos are expected. Snowbear, those tears were tears of joy at being able to help so many children. I think it's wonderful what you and Shandeh and all the US division are doing for that hospital. I hope the Canadian division can grow that well too!

Hug yourself ladies, you've earned it!!! :hug:

bethany
03-24-2008, 04:18 PM
ooooh Foxyie! Guess what I got today?!? And you little sneaky thing, checking for my favorite color on rav! I LOOVEE my yarn, the blanket is awesome! Way too much fun! Thank you!

I'm working Patriotic Party still and then Shamrock Hills, and I'm the last knitter on both, so they will travel together to Snowbear when they are done! yay! (And I now have a new camera so I'll be able to take pix!) ;)

Secksiebrat
03-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Summer fun blanket is also ready to move. Please let me know who it's going to next! I'll make a card up to include as well. Thanks!
~danielle~

auburnchick
03-24-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm the next knitter for Summer Fun! I'll pm my information to you!

suziehomemaker
03-25-2008, 09:07 AM
pinnut3200 - Are you ready for Happy Crayons to come your way?

Here's what it looks like now with gmarton's beautiful deep red and my navy section:

suziehomemaker
03-25-2008, 01:50 PM
pinnut3200 - I actually made it to the Post Office and mailed Happy Crayons to you today without any problems. YAY! I'll PM you the tracking number.

Shandeh
03-25-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm working Patriotic Party still and then Shamrock Hills, and I'm the last knitter on both, so they will travel together to Snowbear when they are done! yay! (And I now have a new camera so I'll be able to take pix!) ;)
Yay! I'm glad you can take photos now! :cheering:
By the way, Snowbear is scheduled to knit a section on "Shamrock Hills" after you, so be sure to keep that one on the needles for her. :thumbsup:
Summer fun blanket is also ready to move. Please let me know who it's going to next! I'll make a card up to include as well. Thanks!
~danielle~
I LOVE the Summer Fun blanket! :inlove:
Those colors are AWESOME! :woohoo:
pinnut3200 - Are you ready for Happy Crayons to come your way? Here's what it looks like now with gmarton's beautiful deep red and my navy section:
Neat! "Happy Crayons" looks great too! :)

Thank you all for keeping our blankets alive and well, while I was busy with church music for Easter. I'm WIPED OUT!!!
:passedout:

But, it's WONDERFUL to see that our blankets will continue to grow with all of you watching over them. What a great group of knitters you all are!
:heart: :muah: :heart:

Spikey
03-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Foxyie - have you gotten Rainbow Joy? Should have gotten there yesterday, today at the latest. Even with the tracking number, I can't get any info from the post office.
I hope our beautiful creation has not gone astray.

Thanks!

snowbear
03-25-2008, 08:15 PM
Photos are coming.. fighting with camera to send them to computer. (Don't ask who is winning)

Long story short, sorry it's been a few days, but here is what happened.

I cried, even before I got here, lol. They are so appreciative of everything and anything. They welcomed them and look forward to any and all we send.
I couldn't get a pic of a child w/ blanket due to lots of rules & regs, & privacy which I know we all respect.

The hospital was so gracious, and thankful I cried like a baby. The fact that some of the children come in with nothing from car wrecks, broken homes, abuse, etc shook me to the core.

These blankets will give love and comfort to those that needed them most. The hospital is so totally devoted to these kids, and they truly care about the kids. They are so overwhelmed with kids needing help whose parents can't afford due to the economy. It broke my heart to hear some of the stories.

Believe me when I came home I grabbed a couple of skiens and knitted during the birthday parties. I can't believe the impact something as simple as a blanket will make to some of these kids.

Hopefully I'll win the fight from camera to computer showing the volunteers receiving the blankets. They really give their all. It just made me more determined to knit faster for these kids. They send the blankets on helicopters, surgery, everywere. The kids can become attached and keep them with them.
I know this message is scattered, but I'm going on about 5 hrs sleep since Saturday night.

Thanks to all who have & is participating in this wonderful cause.

Big bear Hugs to all

Talk to you all more soon, I'm taking a sleeping pill and crashing..

bethany
03-25-2008, 10:35 PM
By the way, Snowbear is scheduled to knit a section on "Shamrock Hills" after you, so be sure to keep that one on the needles for her. :thumbsup:

gotcha. I thought it looked short, but I only looked quickly! ;)

Constance123
03-25-2008, 10:58 PM
Sandy,
Haven't received the Ocean Waves blanket yet.
Holiday does tend to slow things down a bit.

Heard from my friend Pauline in England.
She says that you need help with the Pink Princess.
If no one has come forward to work that one yet,
please send it to me.

Thanks for letting me be part of this.:knitting:

Shandeh
03-25-2008, 11:42 PM
Thanks Constance. I already have someone else scheduled to work on it. If they are not available, I'll let you know.

By the way, I already have your mailing address in my records from the other KAL. I removed it from public view, to protect your privacy. :wink:

If you'd like, I can add you to the "Sweet Dreams" blanket that MAmaDawn is starting now.

Secksiebrat
03-26-2008, 11:06 AM
Summer Fun was mailed yesterday. I sent auburnchick the confirmation number. She should have it by the end of the week!

~danielle~

jhelanee
03-26-2008, 11:25 AM
I finished knitting on the Purple Paradise blanket on the train to work this morning. :happydance: I'll take pictures tonight and get it ready to send along to the next knitter. Shandeh, please let me know who it is going to now.

Foxyie
03-26-2008, 06:37 PM
bethany - i'm so glad you liked the yarn! i only had the little bit of dark orange that i sent in my collection and i figured i'd have to dye more to send along!

spikey - i got the blanket today.. thanks for the pretty yarn and coffee! i can't wait to try that :)

and the next knitter for rainbow joy should get ready..i'll be done by friday!

HollyP
03-26-2008, 11:24 PM
I finished knitting on the Purple Paradise blanket on the train to work this morning. :happydance: I'll take pictures tonight and get it ready to send along to the next knitter. Shandeh, please let me know who it is going to now.
If the blog is still right it is coming to me. I can PM you my address if you need me too. I have the perfect yarn already picked out and ready to go!

Shandeh
03-27-2008, 12:15 AM
If the blog is still right it is coming to me. I can PM you my address if you need me too. I have the perfect yarn already picked out and ready to go!
Yay! The blog is correct. :) So, jhelanee can mail "Purple Paradise" to HollyP. Let me know if you need a PM with her address attached. :thumbsup:

the next knitter for rainbow joy should get ready..i'll be done by friday!
I'll check on it right now! :wink:

jhelanee
03-27-2008, 01:39 AM
Yay! The blog is correct. :) So, jhelanee can mail "Purple Paradise" to HollyP. Let me know if you need a PM with her address attached. :thumbsup:
I do need an address, so if one of you could PM me that would be great. I'll try to get it in the mail this week, but weather and work schedule may conspire to prevent me from mailing it until Monday. I'll let you know when it has been posted.

jhelanee
03-27-2008, 01:43 AM
:cheering: Pictures!
The whole blanket:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2014/2365570724_d0f458a9f3.jpg

A close-up of my section:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2119/2365570666_fc991295bc.jpg
I was bored this evening so went ahead and wove in all of the ends do far. I didn't clip them off, though, to prevent them working loose as the last two people knit, so whoever finished it off will need to do that.

auburnchick
03-27-2008, 08:28 AM
Beautiful!!!! I like the stitch and color!!!

I always try to weave in the ends of those who knit before me so no one has to do them all at the end.

HollyP
03-27-2008, 10:11 AM
jhelanee- Just sent you a PM!
That looks great!

Robinknits
03-27-2008, 12:12 PM
Fairy Dance is finished! I did my section in pink and white Simply Soft. The pattern is called Cross Stitch Ladders from 99 Knit Stitches. Then I finished it off with a crocheted shell border. After a bath today it will be off to Snowbear in Kansas.

gmmarton
03-27-2008, 12:25 PM
This is absolutely adorable!

knitgal
03-27-2008, 12:51 PM
That is gorgeous! What a inspiration. There will be one lucky little baby getting that blankie.

suziehomemaker
03-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Wow! That crocheted border really finishes it nicely. Great job!

auburnchick
03-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Beautiful!!!

traceleighj
03-27-2008, 01:22 PM
OOOoooo Pretty!!!!!!:inlove:

Shandeh
03-27-2008, 01:33 PM
I love it! :heart:

The "Purple Paradise" blanket is really coming along nicely.:thumbsup:
And the "Fairy Dance" blanket is GORGEOUS! :inlove:

GiddyKnitter
03-27-2008, 02:26 PM
Very pretty and you have finished it off perfectly xx

bethany
03-27-2008, 02:37 PM
nice work guys! It all looks so pretty! I want one for me! LOL!

MAmaDawn
03-27-2008, 02:50 PM
to see snowbear.... it's being picked up tomorrow

Here is a picture of the whole blanket.....

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e379/MamaDawn/DSCF1379.jpg

And here is the section I did....

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e379/MamaDawn/DSCF1380.jpg

auburnchick
03-27-2008, 03:44 PM
That's turning out lovely!

Spikey
03-27-2008, 04:08 PM
They both look great!!

snowbear
03-27-2008, 04:44 PM
Already picking out the perfect blue, lol.

MAmaDawn
03-27-2008, 06:52 PM
I forgot to post the tracking # 01038555749472197540

cdjack
03-27-2008, 09:16 PM
"Dreamy Blues" looks great. Can't wait to work on my next blanket.

Shandeh
03-27-2008, 10:10 PM
"Dreamy Blues" looks wonderful! Thanks for the photo! :cheering:

Shandeh
03-27-2008, 10:11 PM
Can't wait to work on my next blanket.
Thanks, cdjack! :wink:

I have you down as the next knitter on "Pink Power". I'm casting it on tonight, so it should be ready soon!

Did you want to join in on any others? Just let me know if you do.

HollyP
03-27-2008, 11:29 PM
I love how much fancier and more girlie the shell border makes Fairy Dance look! Not that it wasn't fancy or girlie before but wow now it's really special!! Dreamy Blues is shaping up nicely too! Can't wait to see it finished since I am the one who cast on for it.