PDA

View Full Version : Oddball Baby Blankets - SOFT, Worsted Weight Yarn

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Robinknits
03-28-2008, 12:26 PM
I started Happy Bluebirds since I already had Shandeh's needle (from Fairy Dance). I used a stitch called Elm Seeds from 99 Knit Stitches. It will be on to the next knitter as soon as I get the info from Shandeh.

This one still needs 3 more knitters. Who wants in?

snowbear
03-28-2008, 12:33 PM
That is so pretty.... I love that stitch & color!

auburnchick
03-28-2008, 03:21 PM
I started Happy Bluebirds since I already had Shandeh's needle (from Fairy Dance).

This one still needs 3 more knitters. Who wants in?

Ok, I'll volunteer...since you twisted my arm! :wink:

pinnut3200
03-28-2008, 05:22 PM
The mail carrier just delivered "Happy Crayons" and it is gorgeous. I will start working on it this weekend.

Angela, thanks for the goodies and your sweet note.

boo1
03-28-2008, 08:53 PM
May I participate?

traceleighj
03-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Here is a pic of Ocean Waves:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2217/2369436643_ff9b7688fa_m.jpg

Constance123- I will be making a trip to the post office tomorrow (Okay, DH is going to do it- he offered :woot: ) and will get you the tracking number tomorrow.

BTW- The Happy Bluebirds looks very pretty!

auburnchick
03-28-2008, 09:59 PM
Oh, that does look like the ocean!!! Lovely! :inlove:

traceleighj
03-28-2008, 10:39 PM
Thanks so much! It did make me want to go on vacation NOW!! Too bad I have to wait until the end of September....this will really make me work on learning patience.

Knittinicole
03-28-2008, 10:42 PM
I would love to help out! I am a brand new knitter but I am a long time crocheter and I am currently knitting a baby afghan for a friend so I think I can handle this type of project! Just let me know what I need to do as I am totally new to this site and board. What a great place!!:yay: :heart: :grphug:

gmmarton
03-29-2008, 01:31 AM
Ocean Waves is beautiful. I can't wait to work on it after Constance123...

Shandeh
03-29-2008, 02:37 AM
Great work, everyone! :cheering:
I started Happy Bluebirds.....
Pretty! :heart:
Ok, I'll volunteer...since you twisted my arm! :wink:
Thanks auburnchick! :)
May I participate?
Sure thing! I'll send you a private message. :hug:
Thanks so much! It did make me want to go on vacation NOW!!
It DOES look like ocean waves! :notworthy:
I would love to help out! I am a brand new knitter but I am a long time crocheter and I am currently knitting a baby afghan for a friend so I think I can handle this type of project! Just let me know what I need to do as I am totally new to this site and board. What a great place!!:yay: :heart: :grphug:
Welcome! :hug: I'll send you a private message with the details.

Shandeh
03-29-2008, 02:41 AM
NEWS!!!!

Heads up, Oddball Knitters!

I posted a message in Ravelry about our baby blankets, and now we have some more knitters to help out!
:cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:

Some of them are members of our forum, and others are just finding out about us.

A few of them will be participating in the "Happy Bluebirds" blanket, so you'll be seeing their knitting soon! :)

By the way, we now have a full slate of knitters for that particular blanket.

We need more knitters for "Sugar & Spice" and "Puppy Dog Tails", though. :thumbsup:

snowbear
03-29-2008, 10:07 AM
I love the fact that our determinded and awesome leader comes up with even more ways to add to our blanket party.

You are awesome!

Add me to either one.. as the last of course, I have both a girl & a boy so it doesn't matter, I'd love to help on either!

MAmaDawn
03-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Oh I want to work on both of those....

Firetruck lane is ready to move on mom2hancj are you still ready for it?

Here is what I have so far... the stitch is called Harris Tweed Stitch on page 22 of A Treasury of Knitting Patterns... I did a small amount of yellow cuz it wasn't quite 4 inches and I thought it would make it look more like a Firetruck... I like it!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2281/2376427883_8072137de8.jpg
It's great that we have all these new people! LOVE it!:muah:

bethany
03-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Here is a pic of Ocean Waves:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2217/2369436643_ff9b7688fa_m.jpg

Constance123- I will be making a trip to the post office tomorrow (Okay, DH is going to do it- he offered :woot: ) and will get you the tracking number tomorrow.

BTW- The Happy Bluebirds looks very pretty!
Oh that is really beautiful!

Robinknits
03-29-2008, 02:48 PM
I received Pretty Princess in the mail today. Thanks Shandeh for the goodies!

Secksiebrat
03-29-2008, 04:10 PM
I received the Easter basket (I think that's what it's called) blanket today. Thanks for all the extra goodies Shandeh!

~danielle~

threesmom
03-29-2008, 09:25 PM
The blankets are looking so wonderful! - I love the red in "fire truck lane", and the pattern in Happy Bluebirds, and that Ocean Waves is just really pretty. I'm so excited to be added to this project! I joined when Shandeh posted on Ravelry - I had it in my head you all had plenty knitters for these blankets - I'm glad I was wrong! Can't wait till my turn ...:mrgreen:

pinnut3200
03-29-2008, 09:34 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3147/2372777638_002c02cfbf.jpg

Happy Crayons is ready to travel some more. I knit my section last night using the Harris Tweed Rib. I was pleased to see that MAma Dawn also used that stitch pattern. I guess great minds think alike, right MAma Dawn? :thumbsup:

Happy Crayons has traveled over 2000 miles already. I am curious has anyone ever calculated the miles traveled on a completed blanket?

MAmaDawn
03-30-2008, 05:25 AM
Yes they do!

All the blankets are looking so good! I love coming on here and seeing them!

auburnchick
03-30-2008, 09:39 AM
Happy Crayons looks...well...Happy! It's really coming along nicely!

As far as mileage, it would be fun to calculate it and add it the information under each blanket on the blog. <hint, hint, hint>

Welcome, threesmom, to this group!!! We're so glad you've joined us! :cheering:

bethany
03-30-2008, 11:29 PM
ack! Went to use some red and it's Bernat Satin Sport! If I double up will it be too thick as a worsted replacement!?
:( Please say no....
It looks so comparable to the Caron Simply Soft worsted!

Shandeh
03-31-2008, 08:15 AM
Oh I want to work on both of those....Firetruck lane is ready to move on mom2hancj are you still ready for it?
I'll add you to the "Sugar & Spice" blanket. :thumbsup:
Firetruck Lane looks great! :woohoo:
I received Pretty Princess in the mail today. Thanks Shandeh for the goodies!
You're welcome. :hug:
I received the Easter basket (I think that's what it's called) blanket today. Thanks for all the extra goodies Shandeh! ~danielle~
Sure thing, my friend. :heart:
I joined when Shandeh posted on Ravelry - I had it in my head you all had plenty knitters for these blankets - I'm glad I was wrong! Can't wait till my turn ...:mrgreen:
I'm glad you joined too! :muah:
Happy Crayons is ready to travel some more. Happy Crayons has traveled over 2000 miles already. I am curious has anyone ever calculated the miles traveled on a completed blanket?
I'll check on the next knitter. I've never thought about how far our blankets have travelled. It's definitely food for thought!
As far as mileage, it would be fun to calculate it and add it the information under each blanket on the blog. <hint, hint, hint>
Gosh, I wish I had time to figure it out, but I'm too busy just keeping the blankets on track! :teehee: (I spend at least 3 or 4 hours a day working on Oddball projects.)

ack! Went to use some red and it's Bernat Satin Sport! If I double up will it be too thick as a worsted replacement!? :( Please say no.... It looks so comparable to the Caron Simply Soft worsted!
Bummer! I know you're frustrated. I think the only way to make it match worsted would be to add a fingering yarn with it. Or, you could just switch to a different yarn, and save that yarn for a Preemie blanket. :think:

Shandeh
03-31-2008, 08:22 AM
Add me to either one.. as the last of course, I have both a girl & a boy so it doesn't matter, I'd love to help on either!
I've placed you at the end of the "Sugar & Spice" blanket. :hug:

pinnut3200
03-31-2008, 12:15 PM

Perhaps each consecutive knitter could calculate the mileage from the previous knitter. It could be done online with any mapping site, like MapQuest or Yahoo Maps. If we did that, then the last knitter could calculate the total mileage. We could write it in the journal or on the card that accompanies the blanket. :think:

gmmarton
03-31-2008, 12:58 PM
I like that idea a lot! It doesn't seem too complicated at all.

Robinknits
03-31-2008, 01:04 PM
Snowbear - The completed Fairy Dance is on its way to you.

Auburnchick - Happy Bluebirds is on its way to you.

Fun, fun, fun!!!

MAmaDawn
03-31-2008, 01:40 PM
Perhaps each consecutive knitter could calculate the mileage from the previous knitter. It could be done online with any mapping site, like MapQuest or Yahoo Maps. If we did that, then the last knitter could calculate the total mileage. We could write it in the journal or on the card that accompanies the blanket. :think:

I think that's a GREAT idea! And it brings up something I meant to ask and forgot... for the blankets that I'm starting what should I write in the card? Just about the group that's making? Like the beginning of the notebooks? What about something like "We have all enjoyed working on this blanket for you."? Thoughts?

bethany
03-31-2008, 01:52 PM
Bummer! I know you're frustrated. I think the only way to make it match worsted would be to add a fingering yarn with it. Or, you could just switch to a different yarn, and save that yarn for a Preemie blanket. :think:
aw, nuts! Another reason to have to go yarn shopping! hahaha! I'll get there tonight, finish up the blanket and be able to get them both (Patriotic Party and Shamrock Hills) to snowbear tomorrow. yay!

Constance123
03-31-2008, 03:34 PM
I have been all over this site and I finally found this little box to print in. I don't know why it's so hard for me to figure all this out. I hope that this gets to you Shandeh.

I received Ocean Waves early this morning and I am almost finished with the 4". I'v used a green that matches the blue/green that traceleighj used. Just a wonderful little idea and her work was beautiful.

Now how do I send this little blanket on? Well not how, but to whom do I send it on? I have the little paper giving me instructions on what to do.

So I guess what I need now is an address to send on the blanket.
Thank you for everything. Sorry I'm being so dense about finding my way around in this site.

Love
Constance:knitting:

auburnchick
03-31-2008, 06:26 PM
Summer Fun arrived! :cheering: Thank you for the candles! :muah:

I'll be working on it tonight! It will be ready to mail tomorrow or Wednesday. Look out Spikey!

I'll post pictures when I'm done!

threesmom
03-31-2008, 07:14 PM
If you still need knitters for Puppy Dog Tails, Shandeh, I'd be happy to volunteer for that one too :waving:

gmmarton
03-31-2008, 07:50 PM
According to the list, I am next in line to receive Ocean Waves. I will pm my information to you, but you might want to verify with Shandeh anyway.

Thanks!

Gail M.
CT

bethany
03-31-2008, 11:17 PM
Done! I have Shamrock hills and Patriotic Party and need to get both to Snowbear! I'll post pix when there's a little day light! Dh loves shamrock hills and wants to keep it and I love Pat party! hah!

jhelanee
03-31-2008, 11:57 PM
"Purple Paradise" is officially on the move again. Hopefully it should be to HollyP by the end of the week...

Shandeh
04-01-2008, 08:35 AM
...for the blankets that I'm starting what should I write in the card? Just about the group that's making? Like the beginning of the notebooks? What about something like "We have all enjoyed working on this blanket for you."? Thoughts?
Sounds perfect. :thumbsup: We should just say things like, "We are thinking about you", or "Hope this blanket makes you happy".

We should not say, "Get well", because some of them will not survive their sickness. :pout: We should also avoid anything religious, because the children have various beliefs.

aw, nuts! Another reason to have to go yarn shopping! hahaha!
Bummer! Yarn Shopping! :roflhard:
I have been all over this site and I finally found this little box to print in. I don't know why it's so hard for me to figure all this out. I hope that this gets to you Shandeh. I received Ocean Waves early this morning and I am almost finished with the 4". I'v used a green that matches the blue/green that traceleighj used. Just a wonderful little idea and her work was beautiful.

Now how do I send this little blanket on? Well not how, but to whom do I send it on? I have the little paper giving me instructions on what to do. So I guess what I need now is an address to send on the blanket.
Hi Constance! I sent you a private message earlier, so you might want to check your profile to see if you are receiving notifications for private messages. I cannot post gmmarton's mailing address here on the forum, because it's not private.

I'll try to send you an offsite email also.

If you still need knitters for Puppy Dog Tails, Shandeh, I'd be happy to volunteer for that one too :waving:
Thanks, my friend! I've added you to the list! :thumbsup:

According to the list, I am next in line to receive Ocean Waves. I will pm my information to you, but you might want to verify with Shandeh anyway.
Thanks Gail! Hopefully, she will see our messages. :)

Done! I have Shamrock hills and Patriotic Party and need to get both to Snowbear! I'll post pix when there's a little day light! Dh loves shamrock hills and wants to keep it and I love Pat party! hah!
Wonderful! :cheering:

bethany
04-01-2008, 11:19 AM
(Every time I go to post pix it's like a new experience...ugh!)

Here they are and they look really beautiful! Great work everyone! I'll need Snowbear's address to send them on! Enjoy!

Constance123
04-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Shandeh,
I just got home from posting the little Ocean Waves blanket to Gail .
I sent it Certified so that she would have to sign for it.
Thanks and I'm looking forward to the little Pink Princess any day now.
Love

Constance123
04-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Hi,
Just to let you know. I posted the little Ocean Waves to you this morning. It's coming Certified, to be signed for. I believe those are the instructions.
I'm not sure about sending this message, so I hope it reaches you.
Enjoy the little treats inside.
Love Constance

Robinknits
04-01-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm finished with Pretty Princess. I used Caron Simply Soft, the color is called watermelon. I love it with the light pink. The pattern is a double moss stitch. Who's next for this one?

auburnchick
04-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Shandeh,
I just got home from posting the little Ocean Waves blanket to Gail .
I sent it Certified so that she would have to sign for it.
Thanks and I'm looking forward to the little Pink Princess any day now.
Love

I mailed Pink Princess today! You should receive it by Thursday.

Oh, and when you mail the blankets, you only have to get Delivery Confirmation. It costs a lot more to do certified. :thumbsup:

Did y'all know that if you do your postage online, Delivery Confirmation is free?

I usually print my postage online, but I had to take a book to mail yesterday because I wanted to use the flat rate box. I found out that you have to pay for Delivery Confirmation in the Post Office. Guess they want to encourage people to use their online services.

Just pick up some flat rate boxes and take them home with you! Go to http://www.usps.com for your postage.

bethany
04-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Robin your section is very pretty! It does look nice with the light pink. Very pretty so far!

kellyh57
04-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Just pick up some flat rate boxes and take them home with you! Go to http://www.usps.com for your postage.

You can also order free PM boxes online. If you don't want quite as many as you have to order, just take them back to the post office. (My postal guy told me that part.) I have a huge stash of them! It is against their regulations to use them for anything else, but when you do have to send stuff and don't want to go out, it sure is handy! They also pick up at your door for free too :)

Kelly

Shandeh
04-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Here they are and they look really beautiful! Great work everyone! I'll need Snowbear's address to send them on! Enjoy!
Pretty! :inlove:
I just got home from posting the little Ocean Waves blanket to Gail. I sent it Certified so that she would have to sign for it.
Thanks and I'm looking forward to the little Pink Princess any day now. Love, Constance:knitting:
Thank you, Constance! Next time you need to mail, you can just get Delivery Confirmation - it's a LOT less expensive. :thumbsup:
I'm finished with Pretty Princess. Who's next for this one?
I'll get to work on that right now! :)
I mailed Pink Princess today! You should receive it by Thursday.
Thanks!
Did y'all know that if you do your postage online, Delivery Confirmation is free? Go to http://www.usps.com for your postage.
Cool! :woohoo:

pinnut3200
04-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Happy Crayons is on the move.

Spikey, get your needles ready. ;)

Confirmation #03071790000199839095

Spikey
04-02-2008, 12:42 PM
:woohoo:Bring it on! They are sharp and ready for action! :happydance:

Secksiebrat
04-02-2008, 01:03 PM
I am finished with the Easter Basket blanket! Let me know if the next person is ready and I'll get it mailed out by the end of the week! Thanks!

~danielle~

bethany
04-02-2008, 01:36 PM
ooh that looks pretty secksiebrat! I believe I'm the next knitter on the blanket according to the blanket blog. I'll PM you my info...Bethany ;)

Howdovely
04-02-2008, 01:50 PM
Sandy I've been meaning to post this for awhile..... if you need to put me on any of the blankets that still needs knitters, feel free. I'm next on the list for Georgeous Grapes (or one of the purple ones anyway) so I can certainly go on the list for another!

HollyP
04-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Purple paradise made it here safe and sound! I am currently going through my purple stash to find the right color.

Spikey
04-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Sandy - Am happy to help on Puppy Dog Tails, if that still needs knitters.

Robinknits
04-02-2008, 03:56 PM
Suziehomemaker - "Pretty Princess" is heading your way.
Confirmation # 03040370000047556255

MAmaDawn
04-02-2008, 04:23 PM
I am finished with the Easter Basket blanket! Let me know if the next person is ready and I'll get it mailed out by the end of the week! Thanks!

~danielle~

That looks great! what stitch did you use?

Secksiebrat
04-02-2008, 05:04 PM
It's called the waffle stitch. It's very easy and fast :)

~danielle~

auburnchick
04-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Summer Fun is ready to travel again!

Here's what the blanket looks like so far...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3285/2390093026_c85f0b9602.jpg

The stitch I used is called "Loop Pattern." I used Caron Simply Soft. The color is "Mango."

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2136/2390092966_364041e5e5.jpg

auburnchick
04-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Easter Basket looks GREAT!!! :inlove:

Beth, you did a lovely job on Shamrock and Patriotic Party! :cheering:

GREAT job everyone!

snowbear
04-02-2008, 07:45 PM
:passedout:

Wow,

I just got home from a very frustrating day at work. I checked the mail. Yippee a package. I checked the return addy, it wasn't the ebay I was expecting. I came in, opened the package, and almost cried. The Fairy Dance arrived. For once guys I was speechless. (That is a very hard thing to do)
It is beautiful.
Friday morning I'm making another delivery to CMH. I'm taking 2 cameras. I'll also have my cell phone & will take pictures w/ it to make sure the pictures come through. I have found out why the camera would not download the pictures. The cable that connects from the camera to the computer has a problem. It was detactable after examination from my computer guru. He had the camera, the cable, and the computer. He tried for about 10 minutes. He rechecked everything. No dice.

Then... out of frustration he looked at the cable. The problem was found. The culprit has been dealt with. A new cable has been ordered, and will be picked up Friday. Pictures will be posted by Friday evening, come H E double hockey sticks (as quoted by Radar) or high water.
I can't believe the beauty of the blankets. They are beautiful. I can't wait to deliver this new group. Some of my friends at work have tried their hand at a blanket. THey finished some at work, and it will be passed on to CMH as well.
The beauty of all these blankets are awesome. The care and love that has gone into this is outstanding. I am humbled at the love that goes into these, it's evident at the wonderful creations that are passing on to the hospital.
So, without any further ado, I'll post with the pictures in less than 48 hrs.
:hug:
Big Bear Hugs.
p.s. if you want to know who the culprit is.. I'll give you 3 guesses, and I have a feeling you won't need all 3. She has 4 legs, medium to long hair, and only talks in catonese. She had made 4 small bites in it, and one of the bites had broken the fillament inside the cable. One tiny tooth has caused me to go basically insane arguing w/ inantimate objects.

bethany
04-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Summer fun is looking cool!

Snowbear, I PM'd you--

Everyone else, I have an empty set of needles here and that is just not right, so I started up a new blanket. Calling it "Rainbow Sherbet". Hope that's ok....

snowbear
04-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Ok.. I was almost possitive i had posted this yesterday, but for some reason it hadn't shown up. I received the Dreamy Blues! I'm in love with the stitching and the colors. It makes me want to make a bigger throw for me!

I'm finishing it up and taking it w/ me Friday. Thanks so much for the needles! I am teaching girls at work, and the extra needles will really come in handy!

MAmaDawn
04-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Snowbear, have you received Dreamy Blue blanket? I sent it Priority Mail so it should be there... If not I'll call tomorrow....

MAmaDawn
04-02-2008, 08:50 PM
:roflhard: We were posting at the same time... make sure to check the bottom of the envelope... :teehee:

snowbear
04-02-2008, 08:56 PM
lol, I did, thanks for the needles. They are perfect to teach the newbies at work. Thanks for your thoughtfulness.

Shandeh
04-03-2008, 12:54 AM
:woohoo:Bring it on! They are sharp and ready for action! :happydance:
:roflhard:
I am finished with the Easter Basket blanket! Let me know if the next person is ready and I'll get it mailed out by the end of the week! Thanks!~danielle~
ooh that looks pretty secksiebrat! I believe I'm the next knitter on the blanket according to the blanket blog. I'll PM you my info...Bethany ;)
That's correct! Bethany is next. Thanks for handling that, my friend! :hug:
I have an empty set of needles here and that is just not right, so I started up a new blanket. Calling it "Rainbow Sherbet". Hope that's ok....
It's WONDERFUL! Thanks for naming it too! :thumbsup:
Sandy I've been meaning to post this for awhile..... if you need to put me on any of the blankets that still needs knitters, feel free. I'm next on the list for Georgeous Grapes (or one of the purple ones anyway) so I can certainly go on the list for another!
Thanks, beekaync! :heart: I'll put you on the "Rainbow Sherbet" blanket that bethany is starting right now! :)
Sandy - Am happy to help on Puppy Dog Tails, if that still needs knitters.
Thanks Spikey! That blanket is full of knitters now. Do you want to help out with "Rainbow Sherbet" instead?

Spikey
04-03-2008, 10:37 AM
Thanks Spikey! That blanket is full of knitters now. Do you want to help out with "Rainbow Sherbet" instead?

Sure! I still have lots of that lovely Mango you sent me. :muah:
That should be perfect. Mango sherbet - yum!

kellyh57
04-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Ooooh, stick me in Rainbow Sherbet. That's so funny because as I was doing the Citrus Punch Preemie blanket, I was thinking of doing one with pink added and calling it Rainbow Sherbet! GMTA, huh :)

Kelly

HollyP
04-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Hi Oddballers! I finished my portion of Purple Paradise last night. I am always amazed at what I can accomplish when I am procrastinating from my school work.:teehee: I have a big paper due next week and this was a very welcome diversion!

Sandy could you please send me the next knitter's info. Thanks

I have also figured the mileage of this blanket so far. When it landed on my door it had traveled 5726 miles! I am pretty sure the next knitter is the last so once I get her info I can post total mileage for our little purple blanket.

I would take a picture of the blanket but I am currently trying to find where I left my camera. :doh: I used Bernat Camouflage yarn in "You Go Girl" color way, which is a variegated purple with a little pink and white. I used a linen stitch.

HollyP
04-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Never mind on sending the next knitters info I checked my PM box and already had Gail's addy from Dreamy blues!
I will send it out today. I 'll post later with the delivery confirmation and total mileage!

gmmarton
04-03-2008, 12:25 PM
How cool is that! Thanks, Holly...I am anxiously awaiting another blanket!

Gail

HollyP
04-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Hi again! I found my camera in of all places it's case on my desk:teehee:
I didn't get a chance to mail it today. I will be sure to send it tomorrow.

I figured the mileage out and by the time it gets to the hospital this blanket will have traveled 7 states and 7,436 miles
Here are some pictures of our well traveled purple paradise blankethttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3207/2386515196_8cc3c80e80_m.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3006/2385682111_cbe8e278b1_m.jpg

jhelanee
04-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Wow, you were quick! It's looking great to me. :heart: I supposed I should be amazed at the mileage this blanket will accumulate since we are sending it back and forth across the country, but I am.

threesmom
04-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Wow - I'm amazed every time I check in here by how fast AND how beautiful these blankets are! You all are doing a fantastic job:yay: - Now I'm just getting impatient for my turn!

auburnchick
04-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Happy Bluebirds arrived safe and sound today! The stitch pattern is so beautiful up close! And it's so soft!!!!!

The blankets are just gorgeous!!!! Wow! Everyone is doing a beautiful job!

snowbear
04-04-2008, 12:51 PM
OK.... Pictures!!!!!!

Here is the outside, lol

It was beautiful...

snowbear
04-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Here are our blankets w/ a staff member. She volunteered for the pic,

snowbear
04-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Here's another pic of the blankets.

snowbear
04-04-2008, 12:56 PM
They are so happy and appreciative. I told them that we are now on ravelry, and knittinghelp. I told them of the upcoming blankets. They stated they don't need hats.. due to the weather.. and look forward to the next batch of blankets.

HollyP
04-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Hi Gail! The purple paradise blanket is on its way to you. The delivery confirmation is 0304 1560 0002 5194 7861

Shandeh
04-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Woo Hoo!!! Thank you for the photos, Snowbear!
They look great!
:heart: :muah: :heart:
I don't think any more baby blankets are coming my way so thought I would start another. I have some blue aran I could start with. How about it Pauline are you up to it, we could call it Blues Clues after the childrens show or something else so any colour can be used.
Am I right in thinking that I just buy a card to go with the blanket now?
Yay! Thanks for starting another blanket for the England knitters! :woohoo:

Yes, a card will be perfect. You could even MAKE a card if you want! :hug:

Hi Gail! The purple paradise blanket is on its way to you. The delivery confirmation is 0304 1560 0002 5194 7861
Great! Gail, you will be the last knitter on that blanket. So, let me know if you think it looks okay as it is, or if it needs a border.

Knittinicole
04-04-2008, 07:05 PM
I am on the list for puppydog tails I think. How do I check where I am at on the list? Can you tell I am anxious?!?!!?:knitting:

Shandeh
04-04-2008, 07:07 PM
I am on the list for puppydog tails I think. How do I check where I am at on the list? Can you tell I am anxious?!?!!?:knitting:
Yes, you are on the list! :)
(I haven't posted that one on the blog yet, I don't think.)

Here is the list of knitters for Puppy Dog Tails:
stagebear
kayrun
EvanstonMichelle (ravelry)
knittinicole
threesmom
jjminarcik

suziehomemaker
04-04-2008, 07:14 PM
I received Pink Princess today and I'll be shopping tomorrow for the perfect yarn to use!

MAmaDawn
04-04-2008, 07:57 PM

http://babyoddball.blogspot.com/

that's the blog for them

Didn't see your post before I said this, Shandeh

auburnchick
04-05-2008, 12:05 PM
I just put Summer Fun in the mail! I sent the delivery confirmation number via a PM to Spikey.

I'm about halfway done with Happy Bluebirds. It's going to be a beautiful blanket! Robin did a marvelous job with her stitch, and the yarn she used is so soft!

I'll post pictures when I'm done.

I see that Karne, a Ravelry member, is the next knitter. Sandy, can you see if she's ready for it? I would like to put it in the mail on Monday.

Thank you! :muah:

gmmarton
04-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Just wanted everyone to know that Ocean Waves is in CT. I will work on it this weekend, and get it in the mail Monday afternoon. Sandy, I will need the name of the next knitter for Ocean Waves, please.

Thanks for all the treats, Constance...you're very thoughtful...

Gail

bethany
04-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Hello! Monday is post office day. Blankets going to Snowbear (sorry for the delay with those) and then Rainbow Sherbet is ready to go to beekaync. I'll just need her address! I'll post a pic before I ship it! ;)

auburnchick
04-05-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm done with Happy Bluebirds! :cheering:

I used I Love This Yarn (white), and the pattern is Vertical Weave, which I found in a booklet called Beginner's Guide Knit Stitches. You can also find the stitch here (http://www.angelhugs.ca/ks1.html).

Here are the pictures...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2270/2389871791_e0c7e48004.jpg

Here's a close-up of the stitch...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3231/2390704784_e5947c598a.jpg

knitgal
04-05-2008, 05:47 PM
That's beautiful Nathalie (and everyone)! Thank you for posting that link, I got a lot of stitch patterns to use on our Canadian baby blankets.

auburnchick
04-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks Knitgal! I have to say that the I Love This Yarn is my favorite acrylic yarn. It is such a pleasure to work with...being so soft. Stitch patterns really show up well with it.

Howdovely
04-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Hello! Monday is post office day. Blankets going to Snowbear (sorry for the delay with those) and then Rainbow Sherbet is ready to go to beekaync. I'll just need her address! I'll post a pic before I ship it! ;)

YAY!!!! I'll pm it to you now.

sue in canada
04-05-2008, 10:31 PM
The blankets all look beautiful, so inspiring.

Spikey
04-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Just came home from a LONG day out to find Happy Crayons waiting for me! :cheering::woot::yay::happydance:

Thanks very much, pinnut3200, for the terrific pattern booklet. There are some great tips in there. And thanks for the cappuccinos. And thanks for the chocolates. Yum. You are too kind! :muah:

Can't wait to figure out what the next Crayon color will be.

Robinknits
04-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Love the addition to Happy Bluebirds. It's so interesting to see how the blanket changes after each addition.

Shandeh
04-07-2008, 04:36 AM
I see that Karne, a Ravelry member, is the next knitter. Sandy, can you see if she's ready for it? I would like to put it in the mail on Monday.
I'll check with her right now! :thumbsup:

Sandy, I will need the name of the next knitter for Ocean Waves, please.
Foxyie is next on that blanket. I sent you a PM. :)

Rainbow Sherbet is ready to go to beekaync. I'll just need her address! I'll post a pic before I ship it! ;)
YAY!!!! I'll pm it to you now.
Thanks for handling that transaction without me, my friends!
:muah:
Thanks Knitgal! I have to say that the I Love This Yarn is my favorite acrylic yarn. It is such a pleasure to work with...being so soft. Stitch patterns really show up well with it.
I LOVE that yarn!!! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
I'm glad to find a sister yarn lover. :teehee:
Let's go invade the factory for that yarn! :twisted:

MAmaDawn
04-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Ok so now I have to try that yarn. has anyone used Vanna's Choice? I am using it now, I like it but had heard that it was the greatest and just don't see that. It's good, don't get me wrong, but right now I think Red Heart soft yarn is my favorite 100% acrylic. I need some green acrylic for some baby items, maybe I'll get "I love this yarn"

auburnchick
04-07-2008, 08:58 AM
I haven't seen it in green, but then I live in an area where choices are very limited. I have it in red and white. For some reason, the white is much softer than the red. I have no idea why. :??

The white yarn just slides like butter right through your fingers. I'm telling you, Sandy might be onto something. Let's storm their doors! We want more, we want more!

Sorry...it's Monday. I'm a little ornery. :teehee:

gmmarton
04-07-2008, 09:18 AM
Ocean Waves is ready to leave CT. :happydance:

Here is the latest view!

MAmaDawn
04-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Just found some listed at Crafts, etc. but it's not available :pout:.

Does anyone know where I can buy it online... don't have a Hobby Lobby near me.... the closest one is over 300 miles a way...

Ocean Waves looks wonderful! It really does remind me of the beach!

auburnchick
04-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Just found some listed at Crafts, etc. but it's not available :pout:.

Does anyone know where I can buy it online... don't have a Hobby Lobby near me.... the closest one is over 300 miles a way...

Ocean Waves looks wonderful! It really does remind me of the beach!

I wonder if you could order from Hobby Lobby online?

I would be willing to see what colors mine has and buy it for you, if you could pay me for it + shipping beforehand (I have a mailing scale, so I can figure out postage ahead of time).

Probably, though, the easiest would be ordering it directly from HL.

Oh, and one thing. I did a quick search for it, and I read that Hobby Lobby is having a hard time getting it from the manufacturer (Sue Bee). That could be why it's unavailable at the other site you found.

auburnchick
04-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Ocean Waves is ready to leave CT.

Ocean Waves is GORGEOUS!!! Wow! Nice job!

Spikey
04-07-2008, 02:10 PM
I just put Summer Fun in the mail! I sent the delivery confirmation number via a PM to Spikey.
DH just called, saying "You got a package from Nathalie".

That is my Mom's name too, but a different spelling, so he was a little confused.

Can't wait to get home and enjoy the Summer Fun!

bethany
04-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Snowbear--I sent both blankets off to you today and my post office guy said he thought it would be there Wednesday. :) yay!

Beekaync--I also sent Rainbow Sherbet to you today and my guy thought it would be there Thursday-ish :)

BUT--I forgot to get tracking numbers. I can't believe it. I had a third package going out too and forgot to do it for all 3. Ugh. I must have sent my brain in one of the packages, so if you see it....Let's all pray they arrive safely. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2079/2396727998_16a9b516d9_m.jpg

wickedphantm
04-07-2008, 03:15 PM
BEAUTIFUL! Ocean Waves is a gorgeous blanket!

gmmarton
04-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Ocean Waves was mailed out Priority to "Roxyie" in PA. The Delivery Confirmation number is: 0306 1070 0004 8660 7059.

Happy knitting!:knitting:

HollyP
04-07-2008, 06:26 PM
I received Berry Bliss in today's mail!:woohoo: I promptly went to my stash of SS and choose raspberry. Wickedphantm did a bright blue for blueberries. I'll post pictures when I am done.

Ocean waves is beautiful! I want an adult sized version! :lol:

auburnchick
04-07-2008, 07:28 PM
DH just called, saying "You got a package from Nathalie".

That is my Mom's name too, but a different spelling, so he was a little confused.

Can't wait to get home and enjoy the Summer Fun!

:teehee:

I'm glad it arrived safe and sound. :muah:

Spikey
04-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the lovely note and the beautiful
yarn! I'll definitely put it to good use.

snowbear
04-07-2008, 08:36 PM
I understand, lol, I've been there, done that, have the t shirt & wore it out.

I'll look for your brains.. but I'm warning you.. If I find them I keeping them.. I have been forgetful myself, and can use all the help I can get!

Big Bear Hugs.

auburnchick
04-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Here's a mileage calculator I found online today...in case anyone wants something simple to use...

Mileage Calculator (http://www.symsys.com/%7Eingram/mileage/index.php)

wickedphantm
04-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks for posting for me Holly -- My digital camera is on the fritz or I would have updated a photo for Berry Bliss

MAmaDawn
04-08-2008, 08:13 AM
I thought that mom2hancj was next on the Firetruck blanket, but looked it up just now and it's... you HollyP.... I know you just got the Berry Bliss, ready for Firetruck Lane too?

suziehomemaker
04-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Pretty Princess will me mailed out today. Here's an updated picture. I used the "woven stitch" for my section.

bethany
04-08-2008, 12:13 PM
Secksiebrat- did you get Easter Basket in the mail? I haven't seen it yet....just checking. Thanks! Bethany

Shandeh
04-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Purple passion is ready for the next knitter.
I'll check on the next knitter for you! :hug:

Snowbear--I sent both blankets off to you today....Beekaync--I also sent Rainbow Sherbet to you today....BUT--I forgot to get tracking numbers.....Let's all pray they arrive safely.
:pray:
Ocean Waves was mailed out Priority to "Roxyie" in PA.
It's actually "Foxyie". :teehee:

Secksiebrat
04-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Yes it went out yesterday. I sent you a tracking number via PM. Sorry for the delay. Last thursday night was the last night of hormones and my body is trying to readjust to NOT having all the extra hormones now. I feel like I'm in a haze and I've very tired/drained. I meant to post yesterday and just forgot!

It should be there Thursday!

~danielle~
PS On the bright side, I hit 12w on Sunday. Maybe things will start to look up!

Shandeh
04-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks Danielle! :)

I don't know if it will help you, but I'll offer this advice. For me, I feel much better when I eat plenty of protein. As you know, my doctor put me on a low carb diet. I told her that it wouldn't work, because diets never work for me. And I was hardly eating anything, so I couldn't imagine eating less than I already was.

Anyway, I changed to eating low carb, and now I've lost 40 pounds, and feel better than I have in years. My energy level is much better, and I'm able to accomplish much more than I could before.

I just basically stay away from bread, pasta, rice, flour, and sugar. I eat a lot of meat and certain veggies. I have to avoid fruit too, because of the natural sugars they contain. But sugar-free jello and popsicles are a nice treat. (and I allow myself two Hershey's miniatures a day.) :wink:

gmmarton
04-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Woops! Sorry about that!

auburnchick
04-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Pink Princess is so pretty, Suzie!

HollyP
04-08-2008, 03:00 PM
I thought that mom2hancj was next on the Firetruck blanket, but looked it up just now and it's not... you HollyP.... I know you just got the Berry Bliss, ready for Firetruck Lane too?
I'm about half done with Berry Bliss. I'm sure I'll be done with it by the time it is mailed here. Send away!

Sandy could you please send me the info for the next knitter on Berry Bliss. I should finish tonight and be able to send tomorrow or the next day. Thanks!!

gmmarton
04-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Holly,

I received "Purple Paradise" late this afternoon. It is very colorful with all the different shades of purple. I have to search my stash tonight for the right yarn. What fun!

Shandeh
04-09-2008, 01:13 AM
Sandy could you please send me the info for the next knitter on Berry Bliss. I should finish tonight and be able to send tomorrow or the next day. Thanks!!
I'll get to work on it now! :thumbsup:

bethany
04-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Wow! That was fast! Secksiebrat, I received Easter Basket today! It looks so pretty. It's so soft too! Thanks for the candles, the kids and I keep sniffing them. :)

Secksiebrat
04-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Awesome, Glad you received it and glad you enjoyed the candles. I love partylite :)

~danielle~

HollyP
04-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Here is the Berry Bliss blanket. I used Simply soft in raspberry and the seed stitch. If there was ever a good stitch for a berry blanket it was seed stitch. My section is quite a bit pinker than it is showing up. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2392/2401597124_a5387f69d5_m.jpg

auburnchick
04-09-2008, 07:40 PM
How pretty! :inlove:

Howdovely
04-10-2008, 10:18 AM
I received Rainbow Sherbert yesterday!!! I can't wait to go through my stash and find the perfect yarn for it. I'm thinking light green, I think that will look perfect with the peachy/orange that it was started with. I will post a picture when I'm done with my part. I hope to start on it this weekend.

Thank you so much Bethany, for the Tea bags. I can't wait to try the Tazo Passion - I hadn't had that before. And Organic Hershey's chocolate???? That was a surprise!! I am definately looking forward to trying that!

Brenda

Howdovely
04-10-2008, 10:35 AM
OK, I was reading over the instructions for the baby oddball blankets and realized i have NO idea when i'm knitting on the right side or the wrong side. It says to start off with a knit row on the right side, as long as the knitter before you ended with a wrong side......

Ummmm........ a little help please................

Is the WRONG side facing you when you hold it up in front of you and all the cut ends are hanging off the RIGHT?

HollyP
04-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Ummmm........ a little help please................

Is the WRONG side facing you when you hold it up in front of you and all the cut ends are hanging off the RIGHT?
No. It would be the RIGHT side if all of the cut ends are hanging to the right. Another easy way to see if it is the right side or wrong side is check for the color changes. On the right side they would look like the picture I posted above. If it was the wrong side it would look like this picture.

Howdovely
04-10-2008, 12:39 PM
No. It would be the RIGHT side if all of the cut ends are hanging to the right. Another easy way to see if it is the right side or wrong side is check for the color changes. On the right side they would look like the picture I posted above. If it was the wrong side it would look like this picture.
Ok, "right is right". haha. There was only one picture posted, and i think it was the 'wrong' side??

HollyP
04-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Yes it is the wrong side. I'm sorry I wasn't more specific I meant my picture of the berry bliss blanket.

bethany
04-10-2008, 01:00 PM
I received Rainbow Sherbert yesterday!!! I can't wait to go through my stash and find the perfect yarn for it. I'm thinking light green, I think that will look perfect with the peachy/orange that it was started with. I will post a picture when I'm done with my part. I hope to start on it this weekend.

Thank you so much Bethany, for the Tea bags. I can't wait to try the Tazo Passion - I hadn't had that before. And Organic Hershey's chocolate???? That was a surprise!! I am definately looking forward to trying that!

Brenda
phew! So glad you got it! Shandeh turned me on to that Tazo passion tea--it's tasty and actually gorgeous when you brew it! Do it in a white cup if you have one! haha! Enjoy the chocolate! Thought I'd mail some out before it gets too hot and will melt all over!

For the RS/WS, the hanging tails are on the right hand side of the blanket. There's no color change on the blanket to give that cue and I did all garter stitch! hahah! No fair huh? ;)

bethany
04-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Snowbear--did you get the blankets? Please say yes...so far I'm 2 for 3...
:)

gmmarton
04-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Just wanted everyone to know that Purple Paradise is finished. I did the last four inches and finished weaving in all ends. A friend was kind enough to crochet a beautiful edge for me...a constant reminder that I definitely need to learn some crochet stitches for finishing off blankets! :aww:

I am ready to send this blanket on to Snowbear or Shandeh, if one of the two could please respond.

I'm attaching a photo that really doesn't do justice to this sweet creation. I know it will make someone very, very happy.

Howdovely
04-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Yes it is the wrong side. I'm sorry I wasn't more specific I meant my picture of the berry bliss blanket.
Ahhhh ok, so you wouldn't see the color change. Perfect, got it.
"right is right....right is right....right is right....right is right....right is right....right is right...."

snowbear
04-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Bethany,

Yes.. They arrived fine.. but I did not find any extra brains.. I really could have used them.. I tried to post to this post and ended up posting to the wrong thread!

I love them they are beautiful! I'm going to sort through the stash for the green to match!

gmmartin
Send it on! I deliver the regular baby blankets.. Shandeh has the premie.. that way the love is spread, and the hospitals has help from all.

I will deliver when I have around 7=10. I have 3 now.. At the rate you guys are doing, plus my friends here.. it will mean another trip in no time at all!

:hug:

Foxyie
04-10-2008, 06:41 PM
hi everyone!

gmmarton i got ocean waves today, thanks so much for the yarn! my first debbie bliss!

i bought the exact same color for it so i'm going to have to think about how i'm going to use these other colors i've got..

all of the blankets are looking great :thumbsup:

purple paradise is amazing! i'm so glad i got to work on that one

and here is a picture of rainbow joy..i had a tough time with it because i didn't have enough yellow..so i had to use a yarn that wasn't as soft and alternate rows..which wasn't working..but i'm getting to spend some time with it so i frogged my entire section and went to buy more yellow and here is the new finished section!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/foxyie/100_6238.jpg this blanket is going to be awesome!

auburnchick
04-10-2008, 06:48 PM
It looks beautiful! I'm the next knitter, so I'll pm my information to you.

Howdovely
04-10-2008, 07:40 PM
and here is a picture of rainbow joy..i had a tough time with it because i didn't have enough yellow..so i had to use a yarn that wasn't as soft and alternate rows..which wasn't working..but i'm getting to spend some time with it so i frogged my entire section and went to buy more yellow and here is the new finished section!

this blanket is going to awesome!

Oh, I absolutely LOVE it!! Can't wait to continue to see it's progress!

bethany
04-10-2008, 07:52 PM
phew! I'm so glad they arrived safely. FYI, the Shamrock Hills has 99 stitches, not 100. Don't know if it started out that way, or if I did that, but I left it at that because that yarn is just a puffier worsted than, say, Caron SS. So if you want to get it back to 100, it may keep the blanket in check. ;)

gmmarton
04-10-2008, 07:57 PM
I think I'm a knitter on Rainbow Joy... it is a "Joy" to look at! Nice work...Sorry you ran out of yarn, Foxyie...and I apologize for calling you "Roxyie" the other day.

Cynamar
04-11-2008, 01:03 AM
Purple Paradise is gorgeous! Good job, ya'll!!!

Shandeh
04-11-2008, 07:08 AM
Shandeh turned me on to that Tazo passion tea--it's tasty and actually gorgeous when you brew it! Do it in a white cup if you have one! haha!
Yeah, that tea is a COOL color! :wink:
A friend was kind enough to crochet a beautiful edge for me...a constant reminder that I definitely need to learn some crochet stitches for finishing off blankets!
Tell your friend that we said "Thank you" for adding their special crochet border! :)
"right is right....right is right....right is right....right is right....right is right....right is right...."
here is a picture of rainbow joy..i had a tough time with it because i didn't have enough yellow..so i had to use a yarn that wasn't as soft and alternate rows..which wasn't working..but i'm getting to spend some time with it so i frogged my entire section and went to buy more yellow and here is the new finished section!
Wow, that was a lot of work, having to change yarns, and frog, and start over. Thank you! :hug:
I think I'm a knitter on Rainbow Joy.
Yes, you are! You'll be doing the blue section after auburnchick adds green. :thumbsup:

purple passion is ready to go to the post office which i will do Monday morning so should arrive tues.
Thanks so much! You ladies are doing a wonderful job in England! :heart:

becjo
04-11-2008, 11:19 AM
ok - how do I get involved in this? I am seeing how much you all are having fun with it - & I want to join in....I want to help on these blankets - someone tell me what i need to do!

suziehomemaker
04-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Send a PM to Shandeh with your name and address. She will add you to the list of knitters.

Welcome!

auburnchick
04-11-2008, 11:46 AM
ok - how do I get involved in this? I am seeing how much you all are having fun with it - & I want to join in....I want to help on these blankets - someone tell me what i need to do!

Welcome to the party!!! :cheering:

You, too, will find yourself addicted. :teehee:

HollyP
04-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Berry Bliss was mailed to Pinnut3200 this morning. Sorry for the delay I was stuck yesterday without a car.
the confirmation # is 03070020000218134904

Knittinicole
04-11-2008, 03:34 PM
The blankets are looking beautiful!!! I am so jealous of you knitters! I am on the list to help knit on a blanket but it hasn't even been started yet, so if anyone needs to have someone take over their section on another blanket;) just let me know!!!!
Can't wait! Keep up the very important work!:cheering: :heart:

auburnchick
04-11-2008, 05:36 PM
The blankets are looking beautiful!!! I am so jealous of you knitters! I am on the list to help knit on a blanket but it hasn't even been started yet, so if anyone needs to have someone take over their section on another blanket;) just let me know!!!!
Can't wait! Keep up the very important work!:cheering: :heart:

Knittin, why don't you start a blanket? The needles travel with the blanket...you could always get them back later. Pick up a cheap pair at the store and away you go! Decide if you want to make a preemie or regular one...that determines the weight of the yarn, the # of stitches, and the size needles to use.

Post here with the name of it, we'll volunteer, and away we go! :thumbsup:

pinnut3200
04-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Knittin, why don't you start a blanket? The needles travel with the blanket...you could always get them back later. Pick up a cheap pair at the store and away you go! Decide if you want to make a preemie or regular one...that determines the weight of the yarn, the # of stitches, and the size needles to use.

Post here with the name of it, we'll volunteer, and away we go! :thumbsup:

Great idea! :cheering: I'll volunteer to be a knitter on the blanket that you start.

stagebear
04-12-2008, 02:38 AM
knittinicole, i'm actually about ready to send out "puppy dog tails" to the next knitter

gmmarton
04-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Snowbear,

I posted Purple Paradise to you this morning. It is coming in a Priority box from CT. Delivery Confirmation is as follows:

0306 2400 0000 8940 8590

I'm off to the airport and sunny, warm Florida! :woohoo:

Gail

Knittinicole
04-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Awesome idea! I didn't know if I was "allowed" ;) to start my own blanket!??! Didn't want to step on anyones toes! I will start a baby blanket then with the soft worsted weight. I think "Just Ducky" is a cute name. I will start with a soft yellow.
Thanks I am happy to have something to work on!
Nicole :woot: :woohoo:

auburnchick
04-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Awesome idea! I didn't know if I was "allowed" ;) to start my own blanket!??! Didn't want to step on anyones toes! I will start a baby blanket then with the soft worsted weight. I think "Just Ducky" is a cute name. I will start with a soft yellow.
Thanks I am happy to have something to work on!
Nicole :woot: :woohoo:

I know that Shandeh is very appreciative when someone starts the blankets. I'm sure it helps out since she usually finishes them off.

I love the name you selected! Will it be a worsted or dk weight?

Knittinicole
04-12-2008, 10:15 PM
I am using the soft worsted weight. So it will be a regular blanket and not the preemie. I already have 3 rows of knit and am deciding on a stitch pattern. It is nice to have something on the needles! :mrgreen:

snowbear
04-12-2008, 11:19 PM
I'll keep a look for it... enjoy sunny FL!

wickedphantm
04-12-2008, 11:52 PM
You can sign me up for Just Ducky! The idea is so so cute!

Knittinicole
04-13-2008, 02:29 PM
Great!! So for "Just Ducky" we have:

Knittinicole
pinnut3200
wickedphantom

Right? Anyone else want in?

Thanks!
Nicole

Constance123
04-13-2008, 05:31 PM
I'd love to have the "Just Ducky" as well.
I find it easier to knit on these little darlin' blankets than get in on the conversations. I'm not very computer literate.
Just send the little blanket to me when you can.
I'm sitting here waiting.
Thanks,
Constance

Shandeh
04-13-2008, 06:48 PM
I'm back! :muah:

Thank you all for holding down the fort while I was gone. :)

As I expected, everything is just "ducky" in here. :teehee:
Thank you for starting up a new blanket, knittinicole! :hug:

Here is the updated list of names for the "Just Ducky" blanket:
knittinicole
pinnut3200
wickedphantom
Constance123
We just need 2 more knitters for that blanket! :cheering:
I'll send you private message, becjo. :thumbsup:
All I need from you is your name and mailing address, and you'll be ready to go. If you want, I can add you to the "Just Ducky" blanket.

traceleighj
04-13-2008, 10:45 PM
Hey all! Here is a picture of Pretty Princess. I just finished it up and will be sending it off to Auburnchick.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2167/2411672251_7e69a9e9eb_m.jpg

Here is a close up of my section. I did a nice diamond pattern:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2389/2411674273_da98082d94_m.jpg

auburnchick
04-13-2008, 11:02 PM
It's b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!!! :inlove:

Karina
04-14-2008, 09:34 AM
Pretty Princess looks beautiful, love the stitch patterns used on it.

Robinknits
04-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Pretty Princess looks great! Seeing all that pink makes me happy!

pinnut3200
04-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Berry Bliss was mailed to Pinnut3200 this morning. Sorry for the delay I was stuck yesterday without a car.
the confirmation # is 03070020000218134904

Berry Bliss arrived in today's mail.

:knitting: :knitting: :knitting:

Foxyie
04-14-2008, 11:58 PM
rainbow joy is on it's way to auburnchick!

pinnut3200
04-15-2008, 01:24 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3277/2414893615_13e5e1f9af.jpg

Berry Bliss is ready to be mailed to the next knitter. :happydance:

I think that suziehomemaker is next. Is that right?

MAmaDawn
04-15-2008, 06:14 AM
The blankets are looking so pretty! Love them! :thumbsup:

auburnchick
04-15-2008, 08:10 AM
rainbow joy is on it's way to auburnchick!

:woot:

BTW, Berry Bliss looks delicious! :inlove:

wickedphantm
04-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Berry Bliss is so nice! I'm glad I went with Blueberry! :) I love your new section pinnut!

Shandeh
04-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Berry Bliss is ready to be mailed to the next knitter. :happydance: I think that suziehomemaker is next. Is that right?
You are correct! :thumbsup:
The blanket DOES look yummy, auburnchick!

Last night, I FINALLY completed the border on Neon Fun.
Does anybody even REMEMBER this blanket? :teehee:

I've been so overloaded with Oddball projects, that I didn't have time to get to this poor blanket. Now, it's complete, and ready to go to the children's hospital. Love how bright it is! :heart:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2170/2416596940_8bfbf15069.jpg

pinnut3200
04-15-2008, 12:52 PM
I've been so overloaded with Oddball projects, that I didn't have time to get to this poor blanket. Now, it's complete, and ready to go to the children's hospital. Love how bright it is! :heart:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2170/2416596940_8bfbf15069.jpg

Sandy,

How can we help take some of the burden off of you? I wish that I knew how to crochet so I could do some of the edging, but I don't. Is there anything else that I can do to help? :grphug:

Neon Fun is beautiful and the edging pulls it all together. Nice job! :muah:

Shandeh
04-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Sandy, How can we help take some of the burden off of you? I wish that I knew how to crochet so I could do some of the edging, but I don't. Is there anything else that I can do to help? :grphug:
Thank you for offering! :)

Okay, here is the list of things I'm working on right now:

(I'm adding fringe to 3 Oddball Shawls, but those don't count in this knit-along. :teehee: )

Right now, I'm working on adding a border to the "Angel Wings" baby blanket.

I SHOULD be casting on 5 different baby blankets. Only one of them is a regular size baby blanket with worsted weight yarn, though. The others are all preemie blankets.

Regular Baby Blanket - "Pink Power" (using size 7 or 8 needles)

Preemie Baby Blankets (using size 5 or 6 needles, with DK/sportweight yarn):
"Forest Greens"
"Ocean Blues"
"Summer Blossoms"
"Beach Party"

I started doing "Forest Greens", but didn't like the stitch pattern I chose, so I'm starting it again now.

If anyone would like to cast on any of the others, I'll be glad to send yarn and needles to you. Just say the word. :thumbsup:

Howdovely
04-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Thank you for offering! :)

Okay, here is the list of things I'm working on right now:

(I'm adding fringe to 3 Oddball Shawls, but those don't count in this knit-along. :teehee: )

Right now, I'm working on adding a border to the "Angel Wings" baby blanket.

I SHOULD be casting on 5 different baby blankets. Only one of them is a regular size baby blanket with worsted weight yarn, though. The others are all preemie blankets.

Regular Baby Blanket - "Pink Power" (using size 7 or 8 needles)

Preemie Baby Blankets (using size 5 or 6 needles, with DK/sportweight yarn):
"Forest Greens"
"Ocean Blues"
"Summer Blossoms"
"Beach Party"

I started doing "Forest Greens", but didn't like the stitch pattern I chose, so I'm starting it again now.

If anyone would like to cast on any of the others, I'll be glad to send yarn and needles to you. Just say the word. :thumbsup:

I'll cast one on! Doesn't matter which one. Don't send it though, either bring it with you next month, or we'll hook up at Starbucks again.

Shandeh
04-15-2008, 01:19 PM
I'll cast one on! Doesn't matter which one. Don't send it though, either bring it with you next month, or we'll hook up at Starbucks again.
Thank you, my friend! :)
I can't drive anywhere right now, because my silly car is acting up again. :help:

So, I will send a package to you this week. :wink:
(I'll let you handle "Pink Power" for me!)

Howdovely
04-15-2008, 01:40 PM
Thank you, my friend! :)
I can't drive anywhere right now, because my silly car is acting up again. :help:

So, I will send a package to you this week. :wink:
(I'll let you handle "Pink Power" for me!)

Yay!! I'll be on the lookout! Hope your car gets better soon!! Mine recently started squeaking/groaning/creaking. Hmmmm.......... I'm sure I need to oil something, but what that something might be - i have NO idea!!

gmmarton
04-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Sandy,

I can start "Beach Party". I'm not on the list of knitters, but there are open spaces, so I'd be happy to start that one. I'm down in sunny, breezy southeastern Florida this week, and the word beach is certainly in my awareness. I will cast on using size 6 bamboo needles, and will probably use a lemon or watermelon shade. Please let me know if that is OK.

I'm also on the list of knitters for "Forest Greens." I can also handle that one, if you want to move me up the list.

Just give me the word...

Many thanks!

Gail

auburnchick
04-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Neon Fun is so pretty! I worked on that one, so it's "extra" special to me. :wink:

Sandy, please let me help with the casting on! I would love to start one of the blankets for you. Pick whatever you would like.

Thanks a bunch for all you do, in all of the charity projects. Many, many people are blessed because of your efforts.

:grphug:

auburnchick
04-15-2008, 02:09 PM
Another thought...

Maybe we could put in some links for how to crochet? I am interested in learning the basics because I know that crocheted borders add a lot to finished projects.

Ok...another thought...

Perhaps we could post something in the Crochet forum...asking some of them to help out with finishing?

Just my rambling ideas...

pinnut3200
04-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Sandy,

I will cast on and start one of the blankets, too. I don't have a preference, so just send one my way.

wickedphantm
04-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Good Team Work!!

threesmom
04-15-2008, 03:12 PM
:waving: I'd be willing to cast one on too, Sandy - Just tell me which one, and I'll get the yarn and needles to get it going. I'd been thinking about starting one anyway, since I don't seem to have enough patience to wait my turn on puppy dog tails and sugar and spice! I just didn't want to be out of line with it.

gmmarton
04-15-2008, 04:15 PM
I love the idea of getting a crochet-type involved. I'm hoping to learn some Crochet basics this summer at a conference in New Hampshire. Crochet 101 and 102 are just what I need!

Howdovely
04-15-2008, 04:51 PM
I love the idea of getting a crochet-type involved. I'm hoping to learn some Crochet basics this summer at a conference in New Hampshire. Crochet 101 and 102 are just what I need!

It is a great idea! I also would like to learn to crochet...... I just can't handle one more addiction at the moment.............:teehee:

auburnchick
04-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Ok, so maybe we could get a crocheter to jump over here and give us some basic instruction? What do you think?

HollyP
04-15-2008, 06:21 PM
Hi Sandy, I can crochet borders if you need me too and I am more than happy to cast on for a blanket. Let me know how I can help!!

Knittinicole
04-15-2008, 08:41 PM
I am a long time crochet addict! I would be happy to answer questions about crocheting. Also if you would like to put me on the end of some blankets I would be happy to knit the last section and add a crochet border. Happy to help in any way!!:thumbsup: :-P

Shandeh
04-15-2008, 09:25 PM
Thank you all so much for answering my call for help! :muah:
You are all such wonderful people. cloud9

I can start "Beach Party"......I'm down in sunny, breezy southeastern Florida this week, and the word beach is certainly in my awareness. I will cast on using size 6 bamboo needles, and will probably use a lemon or watermelon shade. Please let me know if that is OK.

I'm also on the list of knitters for "Forest Greens." I can also handle that one, if you want to move me up the list.
Thank you, Gail! You can start "Beach Party". Either yarn sounds wonderful! :woohoo: I will send you a package with a replacement set of size 6 knitting needles, so you can keep your bamboo needles at home. :heart: You can go ahead and start the blanket, then do the last row with the needles I send you to make the switch. :wink: (I'm moving myself down to be the last knitter for that blanket.)

I can handle starting "Forest Greens" myself. I have the perfect yarn for it! :thumbsup:

Sandy, please let me help with the casting on! I would love to start one of the blankets for you. Pick whatever you would like. Thanks a bunch for all you do, in all of the charity projects. Many, many people are blessed because of your efforts. :grphug:
You can start "Ocean Blues", auburnchick! :hug: You were already on the list for that one, so it makes sense. I'll be the last knitter on that one too. I'll send you a package with yarn and needles tomorrow.

Sandy, I will cast on and start one of the blankets, too. I don't have a preference, so just send one my way.
Nancy, you can start "Summer Blossoms" for us! :heart:
I'll send a package to you tomorrow, with the yarn and needles included.

:waving: I'd be willing to cast one on too, Sandy - Just tell me which one, and I'll get the yarn and needles to get it going. I'd been thinking about starting one anyway, since I don't seem to have enough patience to wait my turn on puppy dog tails and sugar and spice! I just didn't want to be out of line with it.
All our blankets are handed out now, my friend!
But, you are welcome to start a new one for us. :)
Just look through your stash, and choose a yarn you want to use. It can be worsted weight or dk, for either blanket project. Just let me know what you decide, and I'm sure we'll be able to get some knitters on the list for it! :muah:

Good Team Work!!
:thumbsup: As usual, our Oddball Knitters are up to the challenge!

Another thought...Maybe we could put in some links for how to crochet? I am interested in learning the basics because I know that crocheted borders add a lot to finished projects.
Ok...another thought...Perhaps we could post something in the Crochet forum...asking some of them to help out with finishing?
Ok, so maybe we could get a crocheter to jump over here and give us some basic instruction? What do you think?
Hi Sandy, I can crochet borders if you need me too and I am more than happy to cast on for a blanket. Let me know how I can help!!
I am a long time crochet addict! I would be happy to answer questions about crocheting. Also if you would like to put me on the end of some blankets I would be happy to knit the last section and add a crochet border. Happy to help in any way!!:thumbsup: :-P
Yay! Now we have some options for crochet! I'll look through the blankets, and maybe do some re-ordering of knitters to make it work with crocheters at the end of the lists. :wink:

Shandeh
04-15-2008, 09:28 PM
I just noticed that you offered to cast one on, Holly.
I'll put your name down for a later time, my friend. :hug:

wickedphantm
04-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Shandeh -- I admire you your organizational skills :]

Shandeh
04-15-2008, 09:49 PM
After looking through the baby blankets, I only found one blanket that has HollyP or knittinicole available to move to the end.

So, I changed "Puppy Dog Tails" order as follows:
Stagebear
kayrun
EvanstonMichelle
threesmom
jjminarcik
knittinicole

auburnchick
04-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Sandy,

With all of the postage...how are you coming on $$??

Shandeh
04-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Sandy,
With all of the postage...how are you coming on $$??
I'm okay right now. There is still about $50 left in our fund.
Thanks for asking! :hug:

pinnut3200
04-15-2008, 11:42 PM
I haven't heard any news of Firetruck Lane for a while. :???: Has a photo ever been posted? Where is the blanket now? According to the oddball blog, the blanket's knitters are:

Firetruck Lane
MamaDawn
mom2hancj
HollyP
Robinknits
pinnut3200
suziehomemaker

Thanks,

MAmaDawn
04-16-2008, 12:04 AM
It's getting posted this week...

Sorry about the delay... here is another pic though...

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e379/MamaDawn/DSCF1391.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e379/MamaDawn/DSCF1392.jpg

Shandeh
04-16-2008, 10:39 AM
Thanks, MAmaDawn! The order of knitters has changed, and I've updated the blog. I'll send you another PM with the address of the next knitter.
Firetruck Lane
MamaDawn
HollyP
Robinknits
pinnut3200
suziehomemaker
snowbear

pinnut3200
04-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Berry Bliss was mailed this morning to suziehomemaker

Confirmation #03071790000199832331

suziehomemaker
04-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Thanks! I look forward to working on it!

snowbear
04-16-2008, 07:39 PM
WOWOWOWOW

I received the purple passion It is beautiful. You guys rock. It is awesome. we're getting close to delivery total again.

I received a letter from CMH , and I'll scan it in and post it this weekend.

Spikey
04-16-2008, 08:59 PM
Happy Crayons is ready to move along. Stagebear, I think you're next. Want to PM me and we can make arrangements for a hand off, or I can drop it in the mail.

Shandeh
04-16-2008, 09:39 PM
I received the purple passion It is beautiful. You guys rock. It is awesome. we're getting close to delivery total again.

I received a letter from CMH , and I'll scan it in and post it this weekend.
Cool! I'm excited to see the letter! :cheering:

(By the way, you received the "Purple Paradise" blanket. The "Purple Passion" blanket is still in England.) :teehee:

snowbear
04-16-2008, 09:49 PM
OK.. Everyone knows that I'm terrible with these blankets names. I have one cat and at times call her the wrong name,lol
I have a beautiful purple blanket. *sticking my tongue out at Shandeh*
I do know that I am looking forward to the next delivery.
I'm starting the hard candy candy store blanket this weekend. I'm calling it hard candy, because it is to resemble the hard candies at the candy store.. like pink & white for peppermint..
Forgive me for my memory problem, lol, but at least it gives you guys something to lol at!
Big Bear Hugs!:hug:

Shandeh
04-16-2008, 09:53 PM
I have a beautiful purple blanket. *sticking my tongue out at Shandeh*
:roflhard:

Yes, snowbear is starting the "Hard Candies" blanket for us. Anyone want to join in on that one? (We need 4 knitters)

Shandeh
04-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Today, I mailed "Neon Fun" to Snowbear
(delivery confirmation # 0307 3330 0001 2860 1423)

I also mailed yarn and needles to Howdovely (formerly beekaync) to cast on the "Pink Power" blanket for us.
(Delivery confirmation # 0307 3330 0001 2860 1386)

wickedphantm
04-16-2008, 10:29 PM
You can sign me up for Hard Candies!

gmmarton
04-17-2008, 08:31 AM
I'd like to be a knitter on "Hard Candies".

Thanks!

bethany
04-17-2008, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=Shandeh;1096519]

I also mailed yarn and needles to Howdovely (formerly beekaync)

I saw "howdovely" and got soooo confused! Didn't I just recently mail to beekaync!?!? Don't do that to me! I'm with Snowbear with the memory issues! hahaha!

PS--Almost done with easter basket, but I have to find the perfect sock yarn to go to Auburnchick ;) Can you believe she's making me give her sock yarn. hahaha!

Shandeh
04-17-2008, 10:16 AM
I'd like to be a knitter on "Hard Candies". Thanks!
Thanks Gail! This morning, a new knitter (Ladylou) signed up to participate in our project, and I added her to the blanket as well. Now, we only need one more knitter for "Hard Candies". :)

I saw "howdovely" and got soooo confused! Didn't I just recently mail to beekaync!?!? Don't do that to me! I'm with Snowbear with the memory issues! hahaha!
I spent over an hour last night, updating her name on the blogs and spreadsheets. :teehee: I DO like her new name better, though. :heart:

My name used to be "Carolina Red", but I changed it to "Shandeh" over a year ago.

Cynamar
04-17-2008, 10:33 AM
I would love to do Hard Candies!

Howdovely
04-17-2008, 12:07 PM
I spent over an hour last night, updating her name on the blogs and spreadsheets. :teehee: I DO like her new name better, though. :heart:

My name used to be "Carolina Red", but I changed it to "Shandeh" over a year ago.

I'm SO SOO sorry for the confusion! I changed it because I use Howdovely for everything EXCEPT this site - and it was confusing ME! haha. When I first joined two years ago, beekaync was my main screenname for everything. I have since switched mostly everything to using Howdovely, simply to make my life a little easier. That whole remembering a billion different usernames and passwords is TOUGH!!

Howdovely comes from raising White Doves. An associate of mine, when he found out I did that for display at weddings, said, "Oh, how dovely!" (Get it? Instead of "Oh, how lovely!") And it stuck.

Robinknits
04-17-2008, 01:00 PM
FYI - I'll be out of town Apr 24-May 1 (missions trip to Dominican Republic!). If Firetruck Lane gets to me while I'm gone, go ahead and send it and I'll get to work on it as soon as I get back.

I haven't signed up for any more blankets because of this trip and a possible move this summer. Hopefully I'll be able to get more involved again in a few weeks.

auburnchick
04-17-2008, 02:05 PM
PS--Almost done with easter basket, but I have to find the perfect sock yarn to go to Auburnchick ;) Can you believe she's making me give her sock yarn. hahaha!

:whistle:

Let the record show that I requested hand-spun yarn, since Beth is an aspiring yarn spinner. The fact that it's hand-dyed and sock yarn will be icing on the cake!

pinnut3200
04-17-2008, 02:52 PM
FYI - I'll be out of town Apr 24-May 1 (missions trip to Dominican Republic!). If Firetruck Lane gets to me while I'm gone, go ahead and send it and I'll get to work on it as soon as I get back.

I haven't signed up for any more blankets because of this trip and a possible move this summer. Hopefully I'll be able to get more involved again in a few weeks.

I am the knitter after you on Firetruck Lane. So if the blanket is ready while you are going to be gone, Sandy can arrange to have it sent to me, and I can then send it on to you when I finish. That way, you don't have to worry about the blanket being held at the post office. How does that sound?

Shandeh
04-17-2008, 02:59 PM
I'm SO SOO sorry for the confusion!
No problem at all, my friend. :hug:
Let the record show that I requested hand-spun yarn, since Beth is an aspiring yarn spinner.
I am the knitter after you on Firetruck Lane. So if the blanket is ready while you are going to be gone, Sandy can arrange to have it sent to me, and I can then send it on to you when I finish. That way, you don't have to worry about the blanket being held at the post office. How does that sound?
Great plan! :thumbsup: I went ahead and made the switch.

snowbear
04-17-2008, 03:05 PM
bethany.. *wrapping my paws around you* I know... they like to switch names on us, and try to make us think we're losing our minds, lol

Howdovely
04-17-2008, 03:11 PM
bethany.. *wrapping my paws around you* I know... they like to switch names on us, and try to make us think we're losing our minds, lol

heh heh heh......

Shandeh
04-17-2008, 03:14 PM

We have some updates for our Baby Blankets! :)

"Just Ducky" only needs 1 more knitter! :cheering:
"Hard Candies" only needs 1 more knitter! :woohoo:

Karina has started a new blanket in England, called "Blues Clues"! :thumbsup:

bethany
04-17-2008, 03:16 PM
:whistle:

Let the record show that I requested hand-spun yarn, since Beth is an aspiring yarn spinner. The fact that it's hand-dyed and sock yarn will be icing on the cake!

Haha!! Well honey, I think you'll have to wait a bit for that. But I promise you'll get some, someday! I'll start practicing now for it!! ;)
The blanket is done, ready to go tomorrow. Can you get me your address so I can get it out? Here's a pic...http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2198/2420924695_627d2b11b3.jpg

Shandeh
04-17-2008, 03:36 PM
Love it! You used the same design I started with! :)

gmmarton
04-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Sandy,

I have a few more days of vacation and wanted to start a worsted weight Oddball Baby Blanket. I was thinking it could be called "Melon Medley" and done in the colors found in melons: pinkish/red for watermelon, light green for honeydew melon, orange/yellow/beige for cantaloupe, etc. I have some great watermelon colored yarn and a size 8 round needle for the project. Would this work? :think:

Thanks!

Gail

Cynamar
04-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Those colors sound beautiful!

Cynamar
04-17-2008, 05:32 PM
And summery.

auburnchick
04-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Sandy,

I have a few more days of vacation and wanted to start a worsted weight Oddball Baby Blanket. I was thinking it could be called "Melon Medley" and done in the colors found in melons: pinkish/red for watermelon, light green for honeydew melon, orange/yellow/beige for cantaloupe, etc. I have some great watermelon colored yarn and a size 8 round needle for the project. Would this work? :think:

Thanks!

Gail

Sounds great, Gail! Please add me to the list!

I do believe that we are using size 8 needles for the worsted blankets. Go for it! :cheering:

snowbear
04-17-2008, 07:40 PM
Those are looking awesome!

bethany... I'm not as picky.. bulky or ww is fine for me... blues would be prefered,,, or even purple... do you still have my addy?

gmmarton
04-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Auburnchick (aka Nathalie),

This will work out great because I can send it to you while I'm still down south. I'll start tomorrow and will probably post on Saturday.

More to come...

Thanks!

bethany
04-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Those are looking awesome!

bethany... I'm not as picky.. bulky or ww is fine for me... blues would be prefered,,, or even purple... do you still have my addy?
hahahah!! May have to get that from you again snowbear!

bethany
04-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Love it! You used the same design I started with! :)
thanks! I did copy you ;) I thought it may look cool every other section or so---no pressure to the next knitters!

auburnchick
04-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Auburnchick (aka Nathalie),

This will work out great because I can send it to you while I'm still down south. I'll start tomorrow and will probably post on Saturday.

More to come...

Thanks!

You could almost throw it to me across I-95...I'll be headed east on Saturday. Too bad not south, though.

Howdovely
04-17-2008, 08:36 PM
I realized now that I don't know how to frog. I started my section of rainbow sherbert, but i don't like it at all. My yarn, I noticed, is fine, not worsted weight i guess. It's real see through compared to the first section.

How do you frog? Do you just pull the needle out? But what happens when I get back to the first color? Is there a video on this site about doing that?

Thanks. I've just never had to frog part of a project before!

auburnchick
04-17-2008, 09:02 PM
You could pull out the needles, pull the stitches of your color out, and then put the stitches back on the needle when you get to the previous color.

auburnchick
04-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Thank you, Foxyie! I love the yarn! You can't tell from the picture, but it's dark orange and blue! :cheering:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2205/2421567413_3bf17003d9.jpg

Shandeh
04-17-2008, 11:20 PM
Sandy, I have a few more days of vacation and wanted to start a worsted weight Oddball Baby Blanket. I was thinking it could be called "Melon Medley" and done in the colors found in melons.......I have some great watermelon colored yarn and a size 8 round needle for the project. Would this work? :think:
That works perfectly! :thumbsup:

I realized now that I don't know how to frog. I started my section of rainbow sherbert, but i don't like it at all. My yarn, I noticed, is fine, not worsted weight i guess. It's real see through compared to the first section. How do you frog? Do you just pull the needle out? But what happens when I get back to the first color? Is there a video on this site about doing that?
Thanks. I've just never had to frog part of a project before!
Brenda, when I frog, I pull out the part I don't want, then put a much smaller needle through the stitches. Then, I stitch them back on to the right size needles. This makes it easier to pick up those loose stitches, and they don't fall apart as bad, either.

OR, you could run a yarn through at the spot you want to pull back to, before you unravel it.
Amy has a video about it on this page: http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/knitting-tips
(scroll down and watch the video that says "Inserting a needle into destination row, before unraveling")
Good luck! Crossed Fingers

Spikey
04-18-2008, 09:48 AM
I've just never had to frog part of a project before!

Wow! You must be a terrific knitter!

I am a regular swimmer in the frog pond...

Howdovely
04-18-2008, 10:32 AM
Wow! You must be a terrific knitter!

I am a regular swimmer in the frog pond...

Thanks for the vote of confidence! But sadly no - i'm not a great knitter. I've only been knitting 2 years and stick to easy stuff. I don't knit often. When I do make a mistake, if it's for me, or not REALLY noticable - I don't fix it, because I don't know how!!

Shandeh
04-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Brenda, I used to be the same way. Now, I dive in and somehow figure it out. There are so many helpful videos on this website that Amy has made. She is one step ahead of us all the time! :wink:

Also, I took a class called "The Oops Workshop" at SAFF last year. At that class, I realized that I already knew how to fix most mistakes! :teehee:

There is also a good knitting book called "Knit Fix" that explains how to fix mistakes.

Howdovely
04-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Also, I took a class called "The Oops Workshop" at SAFF last year. At that class, I realized that I already knew how to fix most mistakes! :teehee:

I REALLY want to go to that this year. I forget what it conflicted with last year, but boy did I enjoy reading all about it on your posts. When is it? I want to put it on my calendar. I would love to do a class or two to feel more confident.

Shandeh
04-18-2008, 02:44 PM
I REALLY want to go to that this year. I forget what it conflicted with last year, but boy did I enjoy reading all about it on your posts. When is it? I want to put it on my calendar. I would love to do a class or two to feel more confident.
SAFF is Friday, October 24th through Sunday, October 26th
Here's the website: http://www.saffsite.org/
I'll probably go that Friday and Saturday....or just Friday. Time will tell.

Foxyie
04-18-2008, 06:50 PM
you are very welcome.. i just had to send it along :)

gmmarton
04-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Oddball Baby Blanket, "Melon Medley," is on the way to Auburnchick.
Delivery Confirmation #: 0307 3330 0001 1568 8383.

Happy knitting!

snowbear
04-18-2008, 11:04 PM
The Neon Fun has arrived! I got the name right!!!!!

Soon another trip is going to be needed!

Big Bear Hugs... it is beautiful!

Howdovely
04-19-2008, 08:55 AM
SAFF is Friday, October 24th through Sunday, October 26th
Here's the website: http://www.saffsite.org/
I'll probably go that Friday and Saturday....or just Friday. Time will tell.

Shoot! Right during Furniture Market!

Shandeh
04-19-2008, 11:44 AM
The Neon Fun has arrived! I got the name right!!!!!
Yay! :cheering: And congratulations on remembering the name! :wink:

Shoot! Right during Furniture Market!
Bummer....Well....you're just gonna have to make a clone of yourself. :teehee:

Since our "Neon Fun" blanket turned out so bright and beautiful, I want to start another blanket with bright colors as well.

How about "Speed Racer"? We could use all the bright colors from that cartoon. Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, etc. Does anyone want to start that blanket? I can send yarn and needles to you.

Cynamar
04-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Furniture Market? Do you live near High Point?

HollyP
04-19-2008, 01:23 PM
Sandy sent you a PM about Speed racer! Sounds like fun!!

Howdovely
04-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Furniture Market? Do you live near High Point?
Yes, I work in HP but live in Lexington for now. Am putting my house on the market very soon to move to HP. I'm very very sick of commuting!

You near HP too?

Cynamar
04-19-2008, 02:29 PM
My dad & step-mom and my sister and BIL live in High Point. BIL is in the furniture industry. They have a lot of stuff going on during Market. In fact, they go to Markets in a lot of cities. I used to live in Roxboro.

threesmom
04-19-2008, 09:28 PM
:waving: I went ahead and started one, thinking it might be okay. If it makes too many new ones right now, I'll just hold onto it for awhile. I'm thinking "Citrus Punch" for it - I'm using a bright lime and bright lemonade-y yellow to start it off. I thought it would be bright and cheerful. Any takers for it?

HollyP
04-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Hi everyone! I just saw that Walgreen's has large padded envelopes 3 for $1 this week. I know I am going to stock up!

wickedphantm
04-20-2008, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the info Holly! I am going to stock up on some too!!

Spikey
04-20-2008, 02:46 PM
:waving: I went ahead and started one, thinking it might be okay. If it makes too many new ones right now, I'll just hold onto it for awhile. I'm thinking "Citrus Punch" for it - I'm using a bright lime and bright lemonade-y yellow to start it off. I thought it would be bright and cheerful. Any takers for it?

Hi Beth,
I'd be happy to help. We can arrange a hand off when you've finished your part.

auburnchick
04-20-2008, 08:42 PM
I finished working on Rainbow Joy! I took it with me to Jacksonville and knit on it while I watched my daughter play a game. It was me and the dads, who watched my progress along with the game. One dad commented that it looked like a Jamaican blanket. :teehee:

I used Caron Simply Soft (Brites), "Limelight 9504."

Here's a picture:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3074/2429044787_a397526db1.jpg

threesmom
04-20-2008, 09:10 PM
Hi Beth,
I'd be happy to help. We can arrange a hand off when you've finished your part.

:cheering: Yay! Thanks for offering! I have a just a bit more to do - I should be done with it in the next day or two. I'll pm you when I'm done.

Rainbow is looking great!

Oh, and I've got some leftover brights, so if we still need knitters for Speed Racer, I can help out:mrgreen: