View Full Version : Oddball Baby Blankets - SOFT, Worsted Weight Yarn

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

gmmarton
05-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Yes, I am...

Shandeh
05-10-2008, 01:46 AM
Bulky Blanket?
Yep! I've been knitting and collecting squares made with Lamb's Pride Bulky yarn, and making baby blankets for the "Afghans for Afghans" project. Here's my blog about it:
http://bulkywoolcharity.blogspot.com/
OK.. Shandeh deserves the merit badge of organization.
cloud9
Also, happy Mother's Day Shandeh... and thanks again so very much for all your work!
Thank you, snowbear! :heart:
That will look awesome! It's funny - the whole time I was knitting, I kept thinking "How cool would this be if the checkered flag was at the end too?"
Great minds..... :wink:

Shandeh
05-10-2008, 02:19 AM
Tonight, I mailed the following blankets out, using the self-service box at the post office. They will probably show up online tomorrow afternoon:

"Pink Power" to cdjack: 0307 3330 0001 2860 1492
"Fairy Land" to boo1: 0307 3330 0001 2860 1461
"Angel Wings" to jhelanee: 0307 3330 0001 2860 1508

pinnut3200
05-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Sandy,

The new information that you posted in the Sticky section is wonderful. Thank you for taking the time to do that because it is such a good resource and will answer a lot of the questions that frequently come up.

I especially appreciate the stitches and the stitch count information. Thank you. :hug:

You are the greatest!

pinnut3200
05-10-2008, 11:56 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2288/2480875486_b61f4052a4.jpg

I used a SS (Limelight) and a stitch that I thought resembled ladders on this blanket.

Firetruck Lane will be on its way to New Mexico on Monday so Robinknits can add her creative touch to the blanket.

Shandeh
05-10-2008, 03:05 PM
The new information that you posted in the Sticky section is wonderful. Thank you for taking the time to do that because it is such a good resource and will answer a lot of the questions that frequently come up.
I especially appreciate the stitches and the stitch count information.
You're welcome, my friend! :hug:

I thought it might help to answer everyone's questions. Sometimes I'm not available. Now, you'll all have a way to get answers to basic Oddball Baby Blanket questions! :)

Here is the new sticky thread:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79558
cloud9

You can view each entry separately, and let new knitters know about the different steps in the Oddball Blanket Process.

Starting a Baby Blanket:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1106235&postcount=1

Knitting the Middle Sections:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1106238&postcount=2

Finishing a Baby Blanket:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1106241&postcount=3

Recommended Yarns:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1106246&postcount=4

Recommended Stitches:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1106247&postcount=5

Note about Allergens:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1106249&postcount=6

gmmarton
05-10-2008, 03:18 PM
"Neon Rainbow" was posted this morning Priority to MamaDawn. Delivery Confirmation # is: 0306 2400 0000 8914 6812.

Happy knitting!

Ladylou
05-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Hey There Everyone!:heart:

Melon Medely was shipped out yesterday! The slip says that it should arrive safely with Kelly on Tuesday the 15th of May.:woohoo:

We sent it through the UPS store this time, so I think thats why the tracking number is a bit different:

1Z8293E20380807568

It says that right now (About 3:00) its on time and in Commerce City, US. Yay!!!:woot:

Hope Kelly loves it as much as I do!cloud9

Love,
Lexie:muah:

threesmom
05-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Happy Mother's Day everyone!:hug: Hope everyone had a great day being a mom and/or thinking of your own!

I finished up Pastel Rainbow the other day - I think Bethany is up? Are you ready?:cheering: I have the address and am all set to send Speed Racer, and hopefully I can post them at the same time ... if it ends up working that way.

I'll try to get pictures of Pastel Rainbow before I pack it up ... :mrgreen:

bethany
05-11-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm ready--I'll PM you my address!

Robinknits
05-12-2008, 11:57 AM
"Rainbow Blocks" is ready to go as soon as I get an address. Sorry, I couldn't get a decent picture of it.

cdjack
05-12-2008, 01:41 PM
I received "Pink Power" in the mail today, Shandeh. Thank you so much for the book: how neat! Now off to town to pick out some pink yarn!

Thanks again! :hug:

Secksiebrat
05-12-2008, 02:45 PM
I received the Summer Fun blanket today in the mail. Thank you cdjack for the yarn and the beautiful smelling candle. I'll be working on the last section and a border and then I'll post a picture before I send it on to snowbear! Beautiful work ladies!

~danielle~

pinnut3200
05-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Firetruck Lane is blazing a trail to New Mexico to see Robinknits.

Confirmation # 03071790000199808602

Spikey
05-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Rainbow Sherbet was just mailed to Spikey!
Confirmation #0479 7712 9160 0604 8302

Rainbow Sherbet just arrived! Thanks for the fun yarn, Howdovely, and congratulations!

Shandeh
05-12-2008, 07:45 PM
I received "Pink Power" in the mail today, Shandeh. Thank you so much for the book: how neat! Now off to town to pick out some pink yarn!
Thanks again! :hug:
Woo Hoo! Have fun with the blanket!
And keep in mind, that we are planning to use pink, orange, and white with this blanket. :thumbsup:

Shandeh
05-12-2008, 08:44 PM
We have a new knitter in our group! "wildforyarn" has decided to join us. :)
:hug:

LBECK
05-13-2008, 08:38 AM
Welcome "wildforyarn" :muah: . This is so exciting, oooh the anticipation of waiting on that first blanket. It is driving me mad. lol :yay:

Can anyone tell me where the following blankets are now? :help: I tried to look at the blog but I got a little confused :?? because what I am reading in this thread and what is out there didn't really match when I read it...

Sunshine punch
Fruit Stripes
Neon Rainbow... I am electric blue (blue mint)

Knit on...
Thanks,

MAmaDawn
05-13-2008, 10:16 AM
Neon Rainbow is on it's way to me, I'm orange.... got a little while before it get to you....

And I understand how you feel... that' how I felt too when I first signed up. And then I got like several at once.... LOL! :teehee: But I LOVE it! I actually love waiting for one now too, it's exciting.

Spikey
05-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Welcome "wildforyarn" :muah: . This is so exciting, oooh the anticipation of waiting on that first blanket. It is driving me mad. lol :yay:

Can anyone tell me where the following blankets are now? :help: I tried to look at the blog but I got a little confused :?? because what I am reading in this thread and what is out there didn't really match when I read it...

Sunshine punch
Fruit Stripes

Knit on...
Thanks,

The blog is always going to be slightly behind because it is not updated in real time, like the thread is. Also, not everyone posts when they send or receive a blanket, so Shandeh can't always know, but she does a phenomenal job of keeping all of this updated and supremely organized.

We are so happy to have you, and it is terrific that you are excited. You'll be flooded with blankets in no time!

Each knitter has about two weeks, so you can usually guesstimate from the list. For example, I'm working on Sunshine Punch right now, and there is one other knitter before you, so you'll probably get it in 3-4 weeks.

You'll always get a pm from Shandeh or from the previous knitter, asking if you are ready for a blanket, so you'll know when one is on its way. Also, there will usually be a delivery confirmation number posted, or sent by pm, so you can track the package.

Hope this helps!

Spikey
05-13-2008, 12:50 PM
:woohoo:Another gorgeous blanket on its way to Snowbear!

I can't resize the pic right now, but it's on flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/14610782@N05/2490109258/ (Shandeh, if you are able to resize easily, that would be great! Thanks.)

With the needles from Rainbow Joy, we are going to start "Wildflowers". wildforyarn will be second and jhelanee has volunteered to be last and add a border. :happydance:

We only need three more knitters! Who else is wild for flowers??? :teehee:

eta- with Shandeh's help, I am able to add the pic directly http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2273/2490109258_43f4b19f67.jpg

Howdovely
05-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Rainbow Sherbet just arrived! Thanks for the fun yarn, Howdovely, and congratulations!
You're welcome! I'm glad it arrived safely. I realized I never posted a picture of it! Here it is.

MAmaDawn
05-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Ok I can't resist, I really want to do wild flowers.... so many pretty yarn choices with that one....

And Rainbow Joy is wonderful!!!! What a happy looking blanket!

And Rainbow Sherbet is looking great too, can't wait to see it when it's done!

kellee0302
05-13-2008, 02:51 PM
I will work on Wildflowers.

Shandeh
05-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Sunshine punch
Fruit Stripes

Spikey is correct. I usually spend 3 to 4 hours a day reading private messages, reading our discussions, and updating my spreadsheets. Some days, I don't have time to update the blog, but I do my best.

Sunshine Punch is with Spikey right now. traceleighj will work on it after her, and then will send it to you.
Fruit Stripes is being cast on by Ladylou. There will be 4 other knitters working on it before it comes to you.
Neon Rainbow was started by gmmarton (pink), and now MAmaDawn will be adding orange. There will be 3 other knitters after her before you'll work on it.

I can't resize the pic right now, but it's on flickr.(Shandeh, if you are able to resize easily, that would be great! Thanks.)
Silly thing.....Flickr automatically resizes the photo for you. All you have to do is click "All Sizes", and you'll see the thumbnail, square, small, medium, large, and original sized photos. I usually post the "medium" photo, with the 2nd link they provide underneath it. I type "" before the link and "" after the link, and the photo will be placed there in my post.
Like this:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3051/2489693017_4b4850b2e2.jpg
I will work on Wildflowers.
You got it! You go girl! :thumbsup:
With you and MAmaDawn added, now we only need one more knitter for that blanket! (I told you they go fast!) :teehee:

Spikey
05-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Silly thing.....Flickr automatically resizes the photo for you. All you have to do is click "All Sizes", and you'll see the thumbnail, square, small, medium, large, and original sized photos. I usually post the "medium" photo, with the 2nd link they provide underneath it. I type "" before the link and "" after the link, and the photo will be placed there in my post.

Thanks! I (clearly) didn't know you could do that. You can't imagine the hoops I've been jumping through to resize my pics. :aww:

auburnchick
05-13-2008, 05:06 PM
We have a new knitter in our group! "wildforyarn" has decided to join us. :)

Welcome!!! Please let us know if you have any questions! We're a friendly bunch!

Robinknits
05-13-2008, 05:20 PM
"Rainbow Blocks" is on its way to Nancy (pinnut3200) in WY.

Delivery Confirmation: 0304 0370 0000 4755 6569

Shandeh
05-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks! I (clearly) didn't know you could do that. You can't imagine the hoops I've been jumping through to resize my pics. :aww:
You poor thing. :pout: Well, I'm glad you know about it now. Hopefully, your life is just a little bit easier now. :hug:

LBECK
05-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Thank you all so much for helping me to understand better. I will try not to be bothersome about it. I am just beside myself with anticipation.:woohoo:

I will work on wild flowers too if you don't think that is too many for me to agree to before I have even done one.:teehee: I will understand if you think it might be too many right away.

LBECK
05-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Shandeh,
I didn't mean to imply that you didn't keep it up. I am sorry if you took that wrong. I was just confused.

Spikey
05-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Lisa - you are certainly NOT bothersome! Your enthusiasm is terrific!

LBECK
05-13-2008, 07:26 PM
My husband and children might not agree. lol

Ladylou
05-13-2008, 09:17 PM
Hey Ya'll!:hug:

I just wanted to give an update on Fruit Stripes. I only have one size of circular needles (:aww: ) right now, and I thought they were size 9 so I could cast on. I got about 3 inches into it and it just didnt look right and wasnt cozy in the slightest:pout: :verysad:

So, to fix it, i ordered needles off of ebay.:) I have a whole new set of circular needles (yay:teehee: ) coming, including the size needed for oddball! They'll be here by tommrow at the latest. Just wanted to appologize for the wait and let everyone know whats happening!

Hope everyone is doing great!:woot:

Love,

Howdovely
05-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Rainbow Joy is just BEAUTIFUL! I want to make one for me!!! (Like I have the time to actually make something for me......)

It looks like all the same stitch. What stitch is that?

Spikey
05-13-2008, 11:03 PM
Rainbow Joy is just BEAUTIFUL! I want to make one for me!!! (Like I have the time to actually make something for me......)

It looks like all the same stitch. What stitch is that?

Just plain ol' garter. Too easy. Looks purty though...

MAmaDawn
05-13-2008, 11:39 PM
I got Neon Rainbow in the mail today. Thanks gmmarton for the yarn... I'm doing a Knit-Along with a friend that's just learning to knit that's all dishcloths (we do 2 a month) and the second this month starts on Thursday so it's PERFECT timing!

I was in the van while dh was at the mailbox getting the mail and I got so excited when I saw him pull the package out... :teehee:

kellyh57
05-14-2008, 12:10 AM
I got Melon Medley today. YAY!

Thanks so much for the yarn, Lexie! I can't wait to get going on this blanket. I'm still looking for the perfect yarn for it...

Kelly

Ladylou
05-14-2008, 06:15 PM
I got Melon Medley today. YAY!

Thanks so much for the yarn, Lexie! I can't wait to get going on this blanket. I'm still looking for the perfect yarn for it...

Kelly
Yay!:D I'm so very glad it arrived safely. Its the same kind of yarn I use for Oddball just because its so cozy and soft:teehee: I'm glad you like it! I really love the needles that were with it too, they click just right with my hands lol!

Love,

threesmom
05-14-2008, 09:55 PM
:cheering: I finally made it to the PO today!

Speed Racer is off to gmmarton (#0307 1790 0005 4201 3608), and
Pastel Rainbow is off to bethany (#0307 1790 0005 4201 3592)

Rainbow Joy looks wonderful! Nice job everyone!

Shandeh
05-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Thank you all so much for helping me to understand better. I will try not to be bothersome about it. I am just beside myself with anticipation.:woohoo:
I will work on wild flowers too if you don't think that is too many for me to agree to before I have even done one.:teehee: I will understand if you think it might be too many right away.
You are not a bother at all. :hug:
You're on the "Wildflowers" blanket. Now, we don't need any more knitters for that one. Thanks for joining! :)
I didn't mean to imply that you didn't keep it up. I am sorry if you took that wrong. I was just confused.
No problem, my friend. :hug:
Rainbow Joy is just BEAUTIFUL! I want to make one for me!!!It looks like all the same stitch. What stitch is that?
Just knit every stitch....simple as can be. :thumbsup:
I was in the van while dh was at the mailbox getting the mail and I got so excited when I saw him pull the package out... :teehee:
I'm the same way when I see I have a package. It feels like Christmas morning! cloud9

Extra News: "Sunny Day" and "Jewelry Box" have been resurrected! I was so happy to see them in my mailbox today. We are so glad to have them back into circulation. :heart:

Shandeh
05-14-2008, 11:58 PM
Here is Jewelry Box!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2118/2493275507_ce0c4d0b7c.jpg

And here is Sunny Days:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3106/2493276315_421c65d93e.jpg

Ladylou
05-15-2008, 12:17 AM
My new needles came in today!!!:woot: cloud9 They're beautiful, and I cast on Fruit Stripes. Its late so I've only got a couple of rows done but we're started and I'll definetely have it done within the next two days:)

Would the next knitter please pm me with an address?:D

Love,

LBECK
05-15-2008, 08:13 AM
This is the blanket that I crocheted for my company's relay for life basket they auctioned off at the RFL event. The cars were cross stitched on by another coworker. Sorry it took so long to post it. I had to rescan the pic 2 times to get it down to the right size to send. I couldn't dnld flickr or what ever that was because this is my work pc and mine at home is a dinosaur. lol

HollyP
05-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Wow Lbeck that is awesome! Ok who's going to knit some cars into our blanket?:teehee: Just kidding unless you really want to!

Hope everyone is having a great day!! It's absolutely beautiful here today. Can't wait until this afternoon when I can go work in my garden a little.

kellee0302
05-15-2008, 11:42 AM
that was what I was planning on doing for my portion, but not with a different color. My plan is to do stockinette stitch and purl the car design all with the same color. I hate weaving in ends. lol

Ladylou
05-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Wow LBECK! Thats really stunning. How many stitches were cast on for that size? (Just kinda in the range:teehee: )

Love,

LBECK
05-15-2008, 05:18 PM
It wasn't knitted it was crocheted with 108 small granny squares. 2X2" each I think.
It took about a month to make them all.

This is reply to Lexie. I forgot how to get your message in mine and my husband is hurring me to get home. lol

MAmaDawn
05-15-2008, 06:27 PM
What size needle is happy bluebirds being knit with... I need to make sure a get a hook the right size to work the border.

Thanks!

Shandeh
05-15-2008, 11:30 PM
My new needles came in today!!! They're beautiful, and I cast on Fruit Stripes. Its late so I've only got a couple of rows done but we're started and I'll definetely have it done within the next two days:)
Would the next knitter please pm me with an address?:D
Yay! I'm glad you got some new needles. :)
The next knitter after you is Constance123. I'll send you the address.

Ok who's going to knit some cars into our blanket?
Wouldn't that be cool?
that was what I was planning on doing for my portion, but not with a different color. My plan is to do stockinette stitch and purl the car design all with the same color.
Good plan! :thumbsup:
I forgot how to get your message in mine and my husband is hurring me to get home. lol
Just click "quote" on the message you want to reply to. :wink:
What size needle is happy bluebirds being knit with... I need to make sure a get a hook the right size to work the border.
I'm not sure what size the needle is. Robinknits started it for us. Maybe she remembers. Most of our blankets are made with size 8 or size 9 needles.

Ladylou
05-16-2008, 03:15 AM
Wow, LBECK! It really did turn out lovely:heart: I could never tackle a project like that:teehee:

Thank you so much Ms. Sandy!:happydance: I've gotten 3 and a half inches done today, so i'll be able to have it shipped out day after next:woohoo:

LBECK
05-16-2008, 06:54 AM
Just click "quote" on the message you want to reply to. :wink:

Thank you I couldn't remember. I feel pretty dumb now.

that was what I was planning on doing for my portion, but not with a different color. My plan is to do stockinette stitch and purl the car design all with the same color. I hate weaving in ends. lol

I think that would be really neat, like a sillouette.

Robinknits
05-16-2008, 12:28 PM
I started "Happy Bluebirds" with needles from another blanket I finished. But I'm pretty sure they are size 8.

Robinknits
05-16-2008, 12:30 PM
I received "Firetruck Lane" yesterday. Thanks Nancy for the goodies. This one is so cute! I started on it this morning and will have it finished this weekend. Who is next?

gmmarton
05-16-2008, 01:32 PM
"Speed Racer" zipped into CT this afternoon. Thanks so much Beth for the cool items you sent. I love the Bamboo...it is something I've been working with more and more this year. The Blanket looks fantastic...I will work in red, but am a loss for a pattern...yet!

Thanks!

Shandeh
05-16-2008, 01:55 PM
I received "Firetruck Lane" yesterday.........I started on it this morning and will have it finished this weekend. Who is next?
Constance123 is the next knitter after you, and she is always ready for another blanket! :thumbsup:

Shandeh
05-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that I am very impressed to say this:

You are all completely SELF-SUFFICIENT!!!! :notworthy:
I am not involved in knitting on ANY of your blankets right now.

The only thing I have to do is manage the spreadsheet and blog. That's so COOL!!! :woohoo:

Ladylou
05-16-2008, 02:25 PM
Yay! We couldnt do it without you, Ms. Sandy. Thanks for all you do!:hug:

I'm glad that Constance123 is always ready for a blanket because Fruit Stripes will be headed her way as soon as I can get the address:woohoo: I'm so excited, the yellow turned out pretty:teehee:

Love,

auburnchick
05-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that I am very impressed to say this:

You are all completely SELF-SUFFICIENT!!!! :notworthy:
I am not involved in knitting on ANY of your blankets right now.

The only thing I have to do is manage the spreadsheet and blog. That's so COOL!!! :woohoo:

The sign of a good leader is the willingness and ability to delegate. You've done that marvelously, along with everything else! :thumbsup:

Hopefully, you're getting a chance to knit some things for yourself!

HollyP
05-16-2008, 04:51 PM
The only thing I have to do is manage the spreadsheet and blog.
Only?!?!? Thats a pretty big job!
Thanks again for taking all of this on Sandy! I have no idea where we would be without your organizational skills!!

MAmaDawn
05-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Yay! We couldnt do it without you, Ms. Sandy. Thanks for all you do!:hug:

I'm glad that Constance123 is always ready for a blanket because Fruit Stripes will be headed her way as soon as I can get the address:woohoo: I'm so excited, the yellow turned out pretty:teehee:

Love,

The sign of a good leader is the willingness and ability to delegate. You've done that marvelously, along with everything else! :thumbsup:

Hopefully, you're getting a chance to knit some things for yourself!

Only?!?!? Thats a pretty big job!
Thanks again for taking all of this on Sandy! I have no idea where we would be without your organizational skills!!

I totally agree!

snowbear
05-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been here to post this past week, but a very close friend of mine and her middle daughter were killed in an auto accident monday night. We found out at work, and needles to say, this week has been numb.

She leaves 2 daughters. Due to her death a new law is being formed. I hope they name it after her

A man was sent to prizon w/ vehicular homicide. He was rehabilitated. He got a new Driver License the day he got out of prison.

He was running from the police when his truck went airbound, and crased into my friend's car, impact was mostly on the driver.

he is being charged 2 counts of Murder 2. She was the most beautiful person I have ever known. She never had a bad word about anyone... she was our cheerleader, and could make anyone smile.

I have received a few boxes, and will post new pics and info tomorrow. Yesterday I worked from 6:30 am till 9:20 pm Then today from 6:30 till 12:30. Long story as to why.. but.. it's done.

I'm sorry about the lack of posts know the stack is growing and will post pics tomorrow. I'll be making a delivery probably next Friday ...

Big Bear Hugs to all.. and do this for me... never let a loved one go without letting them know you love them..

auburnchick
05-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Oh Snowbear...I am so very, very sorry. How old are her other children?

Hugs to all of you...and prayers for comfort and strength to get through this tragedy.

:verysad:

wickedphantm
05-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Your friend is in my prayers. I am very sorry for your loss :[

snowbear
05-16-2008, 11:47 PM
The oldest is 15, the middle had a birthday Saturday, she was 12, and the baby, who's birthday is this Saturday will be 11. Just a total shock.

Shandeh
05-17-2008, 12:52 AM
That poor family. :pout:

Spikey
05-17-2008, 02:04 AM
Snowbear, I am so sorry for your loss. What a terrible tragedy!

My thoughts are with you, and for her children.

snowbear
05-17-2008, 09:59 AM
The accident has been the news for the last week.. They still won't release her for the funeral, and it may be another week before we can have services.
It has been gut renching.. but we are going on simply because whenever she had problems she would simply go on.

She answered her calls by the name Faith. That is how we are going on.. through Faith...

She was & will be an inspiration to us all...

HollyP
05-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Snowbear I am so sorry for your loss!:hug:The family will be in my prayers.

pinnut3200
05-17-2008, 02:18 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2150/2500024178_18a01295f6.jpg

Rainbow Blocks is ready for Knittinicole to add the yellow section.

Robinknits began the blanket with red, and I added the orange. Sandy's Seed Block pattern will be used for the entire blanket. The pattern makes the blanket lay nice and flat.

wickedphantm
05-17-2008, 04:07 PM
I've finished my section of Just Ducky, and I think it looks just brilliant!!! :thumbsup: Who's next?

Also, I lost the cord to attach my digital camera to the computer, so until I find it I cannot get a picture for you guys! Sorry

MAmaDawn
05-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Oh Snowbear, I am so sorry to hear that! I just lost my best friend a little over a month ago in a car accident. She had 2 kids that were in the car with her but where fine. I totally understand what it's like. I'm praying for everyone that's effected by this.

Cynamar
05-17-2008, 05:27 PM
Looks GREAT! Love the colors!

(note by Shandeh: This post is in reference to the "Rainbow Blocks" blanket. Both messages were posted in the Preemie Blanket thread.)

Shandeh
05-17-2008, 05:37 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2150/2500024178_18a01295f6.jpg

Rainbow Blocks is ready for Knittinicole to add the yellow section.

Robinknits began the blanket with red, and I added the orange. Sandy's Seed Block pattern will be used for the entire blanket. The pattern makes the blanket lay nice and flat.
I love it!!! I'm so proud to see my design being used on one of our baby blankets! cloud9
I've finished my section of Just Ducky, and I think it looks just brilliant!!! :thumbsup: Who's next?
Constance123 is supposed to be next. I'll check with her. Funny thing.....she recently told me that she was sitting at home with empty needles, wanting to do a baby blanket. Now, she has about 6 of them at once! :teehee:

LBECK
05-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Snowbear, you and your friend's family are all in prayers here in AR. I am so sorry for your loss. Such a tradgedy for those girls.

Spikey
05-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Here's how it looks so far. I added raspberry in a ripple stitch, which reminded me of summer heat shimmers. It's a little brighter than it looks in the pic.

auburnchick
05-17-2008, 07:47 PM
oh spikey...it's so pretty! :inlove:

Knittinicole
05-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Snowbear, so sorry for your loss. How very sad.

I am ready for rainbow blocks! Do I PM you my address? I am still new to all of this! :)

Nicole

snowbear
05-17-2008, 10:06 PM
Thanks for your kind words.. Shandeh handles the blog which lists the order. The previous knitter of that blanket will usually post when she is ready to send. I'm sure you'll hear soon.. I've been a bit out of the lists lately.

Knittinicole
05-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Oops! I didn't see that I had private messages! I pm'd my address and I am looking forward to working on the blankets. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. The weather couldn't be better here!:muah:

Ladylou
05-17-2008, 11:35 PM
Hey Ya'll!

Snowbear, I'm so so sorry.:cry: I know that there's nothing any of us can say that will make the hurt go away but we're all here for you.:hug:

I finished Melon Medely today:) It will be sent out by Monday for sure! (We were totally going to do it today but we adopted a puppy:heart: :heart: :heart: ! His name is Jonah and is one of the cutest puppies in the whole...wide...world!:teehee: So we had to take him homecloud9 But definetely by monday promise!:knitting: )

Hope everyone is doing well.

Love,

snowbear
05-17-2008, 11:52 PM
Give that pup a hug...

Thanks for all the kind words. Several have asked if there is anything that would help. I hestitated to ask due to so many doing so much..
A group from Ravelry is sending me 8" squares in pinks & purples to make a blanket for them. The 2 daughters she left behind.
They are making them in worsted weight, non wool so they don't have to worry about washing instructions. They are using diffrent stitch patterns.

I say this only as a suggestion, I do not want anyone to feel obligated. If you would like to , donations of squares would be appreciated.

Please know that your kind words and thoughts have helped a great deal.

Big Bear Hugs...

auburnchick
05-18-2008, 12:01 AM
Snowbear,

What's the time frame on the squares?

snowbear
05-18-2008, 12:12 AM
I knew I would forget something... sorry..

The girls will be here for sure till the 2nd week of June.
So, we are looking at about 2 weeks, I'm asking they be mailed around the 1st of June. That way I can have time to sew them together and do a border.

Thanks.. auburnchick.. I'm just not totally with it..

Big bear hug,

Ladylou
05-18-2008, 12:52 AM
Thanks for telling us, Snowbear! :woohoo: You can count me in for at least one for sure. Is there a specified needle size that is imperative or should we just make it snuggly?:heart:

Love,
Lexie

snowbear
05-18-2008, 12:59 AM
I like that... "just make it snuggly". That is the best way to describe what I want.

You guys are really looking after me.. thanks soo very very much.

I'm going to try to sleep, Just filled my Rx so i can sleep better. I've been out since Wed.

Sweet dreams, and sleep well..

Hugs

auburnchick
05-18-2008, 11:09 AM
Thanks for telling us, Snowbear! :woohoo: You can count me in for at least one for sure. Is there a specified needle size that is imperative or should we just make it snuggly?:heart:

Love,
Lexie

Lexie, I doubt that needle size matters. Just make sure the square winds up the correct size. We all have different gauge, so you just adjust the number of stitches accordingly. :thumbsup:

wickedphantm
05-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Snowbear, I'll try to get a few done! Purple & Pinky colors right?

auburnchick
05-18-2008, 01:49 PM
A group from Ravelry is sending me 8" squares in pinks & purples to make a blanket for them. The 2 daughters she left behind.
They are making them in worsted weight, non wool so they don't have to worry about washing instructions. They are using diffrent stitch patterns.

Snowbear, I'll try to get a few done! Purple & Pinky colors right?

Yep.

kellyh57
05-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Um, Lexie, I just finished Melon Medley...I think you've gotten names mixed up. :teehee: You did do this one though right before me!

Anyway, it's ready to move on to the next knitter!

Kelly

Robinknits
05-18-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm finished with Firetruck Lane. I used a stitch called Cross-Stitch Ladders.

Ladylou
05-18-2008, 04:50 PM
Hey ya'll!

Thank you so much chick and snowbear! I'll definetely be able to send in a few:heart:

Oh dear, Did I kelly? I'll be sending Fruit Stripes out to Constance123:teehee: Thanks for correcting me!cloud9

Love,

MAmaDawn
05-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Snowbear I'll try to get some out to you too. I have you addy from sending you the blanket before.

Neon Rainbow ia ready to move on... Are you ready howdovely? It's wet out side and the colors look so much better in the sunlight, so I'll take a pic tomorrow.

LBECK
05-18-2008, 08:01 PM
I will try to get you a couple. I am still really new at knitting and I am kind of slow so I may not get more than that in a couple of wks. I will need you Snowbear to PM me your address as I have never sent you a blanket yet.

Howdovely
05-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Snowbear I'll try to get some out to you too. I have you addy from sending you the blanket before.

Neon Rainbow ia ready to move on... Are you ready howdovely? It's wet out side and the colors look so much better in the sunlight, so I'll take a pic tomorrow.

Yay! I'm ready! I'm trying to finish up a preemie blanket now, so the timing is perfect! I'll PM you my work address.

Shandeh
05-18-2008, 10:04 PM
Hi everyone! :waving:

Sorry everyone...I was away yesterday afternoon and today. I needed a break. :)

I spent yesterday knitting, and listening to "The Wizard of Oz" on Librivox (http://librivox.org/). It was a wonderful day. cloud9

Today I was busy with church, then I went with my hubby to his restaurant. They are closed on Sundays, and he needed to change the signs there for new menu items that are coming out tomorrow. I sat at a table in the dining room, and worked on some things for my piano students. Then, we went to Barnes & Noble to look at books and magazines. It was fun. :)

Now, I'm ready to get back to work. http://bestsmileys.com/computer1/21.gif

Thank you all SO much for being self-sufficient, and keeping our blankets moving! :muah:

Oops! I didn't see that I had private messages!
Knittinicole, you might want to edit your profile, so you will receive email notification when you get a private message. That's what I do. I get an email when someone in the forum sends me a private message in the forum. :thumbsup:

threesmom
05-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Spikey, Robin - the blankets look wonderful! I love the pattern choices you both used.

Snowbear - I am so saddened by what happened to your friend - what a terrible loss to the family and to you. I am so sorry. You'll be in my thoughts, and I'm going to get to work on a block for you.:hug:

pinnut3200
05-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Rainbow Blocks is on its way to Iowa :thumbsup:

Confirmation #0307 1790 0001 9980 8213

gmmarton
05-19-2008, 03:47 PM
"Speed Racer" is getting ready to zip out of CT and leave New England and head west, so be on the lookout, Pinnut3200...this baby moves fast!

Ladylou
05-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Hey Ya'll!:cheering:

Wow, Speed racer looks great:inlove:

I've had a bit of a relapse:aww: I wont be able to send off Fruit Stripes for a few days:(, but I should be able to post pics tonight:woohoo: I hope ya'll can understand:(

Love,

P.S. The puppy is still super-uber-cute. I gave him hugs for all of you!cloud9

wickedphantm
05-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Shandeh, Can i have the next knitters info for Just Ducky? Thanks!@!

gmmarton
05-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Confirmation # for "Speed Racer" is: 0306 0320 0001 5128 2692.

Happy knitting, Pinnut3200!! :knitting:

bethany
05-19-2008, 07:44 PM
hi! I received Pastel Rainbow today from threesmom! Thanks Beth for all the goodies too. :)

Shandeh
05-20-2008, 11:03 AM
Hi everyone! :waving:
For some reason, I didn't get notification of your messages yesterday. Weird. :think:

Here is some news for us: We have some new knitters in our group! :) We even have a crocheter! :cheering: (I haven't announced some of them for a while, so this list is kinda long.)

New Knitters:
boo1, figaro, wildforyarn, onb4050, kellee0302, and kellybigeyes

New Crocheter, who will be doing crochet borders for us!
KnittinMitchie

Thank you all for joining! :muah:

I've had a bit of a relapse:aww: I wont be able to send off Fruit Stripes for a few days:(, but I should be able to post pics tonight. I hope ya'll can understand:(
Of course we understand! Please let us know how you're doing. :hug:

Shandeh, Can i have the next knitters info for Just Ducky? Thanks!@!
I'll send you a PM, my friend. :thumbsup:

kellee0302
05-20-2008, 12:11 PM
"Speed Racer" is getting ready to zip out of CT and leave New England and head west, so be on the lookout, Pinnut3200...this baby moves fast!

With my husband's help my car chart is ready to go. I can't wait until I get this blanket.

Spikey
05-20-2008, 12:33 PM
New Knitters:

KnittinMitchie

Thank you all for joining! :muah:

Welcome! :hug:

Shandeh
05-20-2008, 12:39 PM
With my husband's help my car chart is ready to go. I can't wait until I get this blanket.
Cool! :thumbsup:

auburnchick
05-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Here is some news for us: We have some new knitters in our group! :) We even have a crocheter! :cheering: (I haven't announced some of them for a while, so this list is kinda long.)

New Knitters:

KnittinMitchie

AWESOME!!!!!

LBECK
05-20-2008, 05:15 PM

This blanket is awesome.

Robinknits
05-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Firetruck Lane is on its way to Constance123.
Confirmation #03040370000047556637

Also, Snowbear, I'm making some squares for your blankets. I'm so sorry about that tragedy.

snowbear
05-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Thank you.. Her services are Saturday. I think once we are able to have that it will start healing..

thanks to all for their kind words, and the squares...

her daughters are very appreciative of anything.

snowbear
05-20-2008, 08:18 PM

New Knitters:

KnittinMitchie

Welcome, Welcome Welcome

Big Bear Hugs to all..

Waving a big paw at all the new ones... I'm sooo excited to have you join this wonderful outpouring of love.

Thanks to all...

Ladylou
05-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Hey ya'll!

I'm doing a bit better. I took FIVE STEPS by myself (oh, yes, im very proud:teehee: ) in physical therapy about three days ago... The pain got pretty bad though, so I havnt been able to leave the house. I'm a bit protective of our oddball blankets, so I wont let my mom take them:aww: :teehee:

I finished a square in light purple for snowball's project today:knitting: Yay!

I *should* be able to ship it out to Ms. Connie by the end of the week. Wish me luck!:)

Love,

Shandeh
05-21-2008, 02:25 AM
I haven't posted a report on how many knitters are involved in our projects, or how many blankets we've been doing. So here are the stats:

Oddball Baby Blanket Knitters: 49
(plus 1 crocheter)
Baby Blankets Completed: 14
Baby Blankets Still in Progress: 24

Great work everyone! :notworthy:

Here are all the Oddball Baby Blanket Knitters by user name in the forum and in Ravelry.

KH Forum Knitters:
Shandeh, auburnchick, bethany, boo1, cdjack, Constance123, debinoz, Doodknitwit, figaro, Foxyie, gmmarton, HollyP, Howdovely, jhelanee, jjminarcik, karne, kayrun, kellee0302, kellybigeyes, kellyh57, knitttina, knittinicole, Ladylou, LBECK, losnana, lucky_alf2, MAmaDawn, Moxiemade, onb4050, pinnut3200, rissa, Robinknits, Secksiebrat, Snowbear, Spikey, stagebear, SteveDallas, suziehomemaker, threesmom, Tobinknit, traceleighj, wickedphantm, wildforyarn, and KnittinMitchie.

Ravelry Knitters:
EvanstonMichelle, nostash2big, Spinningcrna, baronreads, grannydani, and erngrn.

Shandeh
05-21-2008, 02:33 AM
I'm doing a bit better. I took FIVE STEPS by myself (oh, yes, im very proud:teehee: ) in physical therapy about three days ago.
:cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:
Congratulations Lexie!

auburnchick
05-21-2008, 07:32 AM
I'm doing a bit better. I took FIVE STEPS by myself

GREAT job!!! The walking will get easier and easier from here on out.

:woot:

Spikey
05-21-2008, 09:25 AM
Red Roses is heading to grannydani (from ravelry) this morning.

The whole blanket will be done with Caron SS red. I've used a Ridged Rib to start.

auburnchick
05-21-2008, 09:42 AM
That's beautiful!!! So vibrant!

wickedphantm
05-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Red roses looks beautiful! I love that color!!
Just Ducky was posted to Constance123 this morning
0307 1790 0005 4659 3298

threesmom
05-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Red Roses is going to be awesome!

Welcome to all the new blanket knitters!!:waving:

bethany
05-21-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi! I received Melon Medley from Kelly today--thank you for the yarn and pattern book Kelly! I have to take this one shopping-it's so vibrant! Looks great!

cdjack
05-21-2008, 05:32 PM
"Pink Power" was sent to gmmarton today. Confirmation number:
0307 1790 0002 1879 7290.

Sorry that took me a couple of days to get the blanket out. My town is so small that we don't have a post office. With gas prices the way they are, I waited until I could go do all my errands at once.

Oh, and Shandeh, I'm not signed up for any more blankets, but please keep me in mind if you need a "pinch knitter".

Knittinicole
05-21-2008, 06:43 PM
I received "puppy dog tails" AND "rainbow blocks" in the mail today!!! Thank you both for the gifts. How sweet!
I feel a yarn shopping trip coming on!
:woohoo: :woot:

Shandeh
05-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Shandeh, I'm not signed up for any more blankets, but please keep me in mind if you need a "pinch knitter".
Sure thing! :thumbsup: I'm okay right now, but I'll keep you in mind. :)

By the way, would you all be okay if we took the month of July off? I'm thinking that we can finish the current baby blankets that are in progress, but not start any more until August. (Our current 24 blankets should keep us busy through the month of June.)

Would you all mind if we take a little break? Since it's summertime, it would be nice to have a month free from recordkeeping. :)

During the month of July, we could each start one or two blankets ourselves, and give them a name. Then, in August, we could post photos of what we have going. Then, we could start sending them out to the other knitters to finish. Does this sound like a good idea?

auburnchick
05-21-2008, 10:09 PM

By the way, would you all be okay if we took the month of July off? I'm thinking that we can finish the current baby blankets that are in progress, but not start any more until August. (Our current 24 blankets should keep us busy through the month of June.)

Would you all mind if we take a little break? Since it's summertime, it would be nice to have a month free from recordkeeping. :)

During the month of July, we could each start one or two blankets ourselves, and give them a name. Then, in August, we could post photos of what we have going. Then, we could start sending them out to the other knitters to finish. Does this sound like a good idea?

Sandy, I think that's a great idea. Many people will be traveling during the summer. The break will give us a chance to get caught up. Plus, I know that you certainly need some r&r.

Howdovely
05-21-2008, 10:14 PM

I think that's a great idea. Summers are probably busy for a lot of people. I personally have two big vacations coming up, AND probably moving from a house to a Townhouse.

Shandeh
05-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Thank you! :hug:

The main thing I need to do is to get my house in order. It's a mess right now! :help: I want to paint the living room and hallway, and put down new flooring there as well. I'm planning on doing the same kind of floor I used in the craft room, but a style that looks like wood. (We can't afford real wood.)

We REALLY need new flooring, because the yucky brown carpet has been there for over 20 years. :ick: (It looked bad when I bought the house over 10 years ago.)

I wish we could do some work on the kitchen, but we just don't have the money for that right now. :pout:

I also have some planning and paperwork to do for my piano students. I have 17 students, and I'll be adding 4 more soon. I am planning on doing a piano recital for them in a couple weeks, and then my lessons will be few and far between for the summer. (Several of my students are travelling for most of the summer.)

So, I really need the break to get all that taken care of.

Shandeh
05-21-2008, 10:35 PM
Yesterday, I mailed 3 blankets out:

'Jewelry Box' to Constance123
0307 3330 0001 2861 5680

'Sunny Days' to kellybigeyes
0307 3330 0001 2861 5673

'Fairy Land' to boo1
0307 3330 0001 2861 5666
(I mailed it to her once before, but it was sent back to me....Silly me....there was an old label addressed to me on the other side of the box!) :doh:

Ladylou
05-22-2008, 12:42 AM
GREAT job!!! The walking will get easier and easier from here on out.

:woot:

:cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:
Congratulations Lexie!

Thank you so muchcloud9 Ya'll are the best:heart:

Love,

LBECK
05-22-2008, 06:30 AM
Yeah, Lexie on your 5 steps!!!:yay:

LBECK
05-22-2008, 06:33 AM

I think that sounds wonderful. I have some ideas for blankets so I would love to start one in August.

kellee0302
05-22-2008, 08:03 AM
sounds good to me.

snowbear
05-22-2008, 10:56 AM
*Standing on my hind legs so everyone can see me***

I totally agree. Let's finish up what we have going. I'll take more pics of the delivery.. and then we can all catch up and do all the crazy things that happen in July.

Starting back in August, with school, and the start of the insane knitting process for X=mas.. *yes that is when I start X-mas knitting, lol*that will give us a break and an renewed love for what we are doing.

It's an awesome job to keep up w/ the bookkeeping, and I agree 100% Shandeh deserves a rest.

We'll start again, and enjoy our love of blankets.

So, no more new ones.. I can't wait too deliver all these, lol they will be overwhelmed!

Big Bear Hugs,

kellybigeyes
05-22-2008, 02:02 PM
Shandeh, I just wanted to let you know that I received "Sunny Days :sun: " today even though it's cloudy and gloomy here in TN. :) Thanks so much for the yarn, card, and the booklets. I will get started on it very soon. Hopefully, it won't take me too long.

Ladylou
05-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Hey Ya'll!

I completely agree that our most wonderful coorinator Ms. Sandy needs a rest:teehee: Just in case, would someone mind (if) the sudden urge just struck me to do two or three sections on a blanket if i start it and use different colors?:aww: I know it kind of puts a damper on the whole concept but I would just hate for some willing hands to go to waste!:teehee: any advice or suggestions?

Thank You, LBECK:hug: :aww:

Snowbear, would you mind pming me your address or a place where I should send the squares you asked for?:) I'll probably cast off on the second one tonight and if I could send off Fruit Stripes and those squares at the same time, i'd just be tickled pink:knitting:

Love,

P.S. sorry this is so long!:teehee:

Spikey
05-22-2008, 06:49 PM

That is a great idea! The summer is always so busy for everyone anyway.

I am happy to start some blankets on a common needle size and put them on waste yarn to send around...

kayrun
05-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Great idea on individuals starting some blankets over the summer & possibly passing them on to be finished by others.
Also wanted to let Snowbear know that Berry Bliss is on the way...Sandy said you would know if it needs a border or not :)
Now I'm ready for my next one!
Karen G
in GA

pinnut3200
05-22-2008, 07:27 PM
I am certain that Speed Racer was cited for speeding on its way to Wyoming. The blanket is very colorful and fun. ;)

Gail, thank you for the beautiful purple yarn and note pads.

The card that accompanies this blanket is really cute, too. (It is a silhouette of a car, complete with raised headlight. Too cute!

I promise to post a photo before I send the blanket on to the next knitter. I am pondering what color of yarn to use.

HollyP
05-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks, I've had that card forever and never had a use for it. I just bought it cause I knew some day...
It seemed appropriate and there was plenty of room for everyone to sign so off it went with speed racer.

Sandy if anyone deserves a break it's you! I'm all for a little hiatus.

threesmom
05-22-2008, 08:17 PM
I loved that card Holly! It was too perfect with the blanket.

I agree with everyone else - Sandy certainly deserves a break - you have earned it! And that might mean I can finish my sweater before fall:teehee: I'd be more than willing to get a one or two started too ... I might need help naming them though - I have a hard time with that:roll:

And isn't it funny how everyone is so busy in the summer? Remember how relaxing - to the point of boredom - it used to be as kids???

snowbear
05-22-2008, 08:23 PM
It was relaxing because as kids, we normally didn't have to plan and cook meals, do laundry, pay bills, work, keep kids busy, lol..

kellyh57
05-23-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm all for taking a month off! I was going to take some time off myself anyway! Just getting overwhelmed and thinking I could use a break from all the postage and whatnot. Great timing!

Would it help you if we kept track of our own blankets? Whoever starts it, keeps the "list" and track of who has it and stuff? Just a thought. I know some might not be willing, but I wouldn't mind it myself!

Kelly

auburnchick
05-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Kelly, what a great idea! It would take some pressure off of Sandy...freeing up some of her time...

Ladylou
05-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Hey Ya'll!

I'll definetely do it if no one else wants to:) I could start on it after school ends, which is Friday of next week, and just help Ms. Sandy till school starts back up again:heart: Is this a good idea?:teehee:

Love,

snowbear
05-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Right now I think due to summer schedules, vacations, etc. it might be a good idea just to let all the blankets in progress to be finished, then wait to start till August. The anticiapation of getting to start new blankets, and maybe starting blankets will be enjoyed.

MAmaDawn
05-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Happy Bluebirds arrived today and Spinningcrna sent me Bamboo yarn. It's great and I've wanted to use bamboo for a long time and now I can.... :woot:

And the yarn I got for the border is perfect for it!

traceleighj
05-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Hi All!
I received "Sunshine Punch" today. Thank you Spikey for the yarn, my mind is already on overload trying to decide how to use it!

Tracie

Shandeh
05-24-2008, 01:36 AM
....I received "Sunny Days :sun: " today............I will get started on it very soon. Hopefully, it won't take me too long.
I'm glad you received it! You have two weeks to work on it.
:thumbsup:
Just in case, would someone mind (if) the sudden urge just struck me to do two or three sections on a blanket if i start it and use different colors?
Feel free to make an entire blanket in July, if the mood strikes you. I received a completed blanket once from one of our knitters, because she was impatient always waiting her turn. It was made with greens and blues and turned out beautifully! :heart:
I am happy to start some blankets on a common needle size and put them on waste yarn to send around...
Good plan :wink:
And isn't it funny how everyone is so busy in the summer? Remember how relaxing - to the point of boredom - it used to be as kids???
I remember that I LOVED it when school was finally out, and then I was SO BORED in just a couple weeks. But, back then, we didn't have the internet. We didn't even have VCRs! :teehee: I spent my summers doing cross-stitch, embroidery and needlepoint. I would also play piano or read. And we played outside with our friends. We played Roll-a-Bat, 500, and made up silly games as well. We even lost hours of the day making flower chains, looking for 4-leaf clovers, or folding chewing gum wrappers to make a long chain. It was fun. :)
Would it help you if we kept track of our own blankets? Whoever starts it, keeps the "list" and track of who has it and stuff? Just a thought. I know some might not be willing, but I wouldn't mind it myself!
Kelly, what a great idea! It would take some pressure off of Sandy...freeing up some of her time...
This has been tried in the past, and failed miserably. :teehee:
I'll definetely do it if no one else wants to:) I could start on it after school ends, which is Friday of next week, and just help Ms. Sandy till school starts back up again:heart: Is this a good idea?:teehee:
Thanks Lexie, but I think we'll just hold off on starting new blankets until August. You are all free to start some blankets, and hold onto them until August. And as I mentioned earlier, you can make an entire blanket if you want. :hug:
Right now I think due to summer schedules, vacations, etc. it might be a good idea just to let all the blankets in progress to be finished, then wait to start till August. The anticiapation of getting to start new blankets, and maybe starting blankets will be enjoyed.
Thanks for the support, Snowbear. :)

I have a bee in my bonnet right now, with plans for our blankets starting in August. So, hang onto your hats, and wait for the good news! :woohoo:

In the meantime, let's finish these blankets!
Summer Fun
Happy Bluebirds
Firetruck Lane
Melon Medley
Sugar & Spice
Puppy Dog Tails
Rainbow Sherbet
Just Ducky
Hard Candies
Fairy Land
Pink Power
Speed Racer
Sunshine Punch
Rainbow Joy II
Rainbow Blocks
Pastel Rainbow
Red Roses
Fruit Stripes
Neon Rainbow
Wildflowers
Sunny Days
and Jewelry Box
:muah:

pinnut3200
05-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Even though I have only been with the group about six months, I agree that we should take a break from the blankets in July. We all need a time to recharge and enjoy the good weather, family, and friends.

I think what everyone (myself included) will miss the most is the daily chatter on the board, but that can still happen if we each work on our own blankets (as Sandy suggested). We can post photos of the blankets' progress just like we do now; we just don't have to send the blanket until it is finished. If someone wants to make more than one blanket on their own, that is great, too, and even more babies are kept warm as they are wrapped in love.

We can save some money on postage, look for bargains for the small gifts to be sent to other knitters, and look for some new stitch patterns.

pinnut3200
05-24-2008, 01:47 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3045/2518323647_4fca31ab5c.jpg

Speed Racer is ready to be mailed to the next knitter (kellee0302). :happydance:

Kellee0302, please send me a private message with your mailing address, and I will post the package on Tuesday.

kellyh57
05-24-2008, 11:08 PM
I received Rainbow Sherbet and Rainbow Joy II today from Spikey! There was some pretty yarn in there too...:???:

I've already started on RJII :)

Kelly

kellyh57
05-25-2008, 03:45 PM
I forgot to post the pictures earlier. Here's Melon Medley. I used Simply Soft in "Mango." The stitch pattern is the Pillar Stitch that Nathalie had used before, but I changed it over one stitch every other row just to spice it up a bit ;)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3165/2519596543_9a6be2b931.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2330/2519596753_e37cbd5ddc.jpg

Kelly

Kelly

snowbear
05-25-2008, 05:43 PM
Very nice. That looks awesome!

Spikey
05-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Beautiful! :inlove:

auburnchick
05-25-2008, 09:27 PM
Kelly, beautiful job! I'm so glad I inspired you with that stitch, and I love your adaptation!

pinnut3200
05-26-2008, 04:56 PM
Speed Racer will go out in tomorrow's mail.

Confirmation # 0103 8555 7493 9839 5945

threesmom
05-26-2008, 09:48 PM
I got Sugar and Spice from baronreads (ravelry) on Saturday with some beautiful stitch markers! After I get a bit done, I'll try to get some pictures up.

Ladylou
05-26-2008, 11:32 PM
Hey Ya'll!

Oh wow, Ms. Kelly. Melon Medely looks beautiful!!!:woohoo: I just love the mango color you chose:teehee:

Hope everyone had a most fantastic Memorial Day:hug: :heart:

Love,

jhelanee
05-27-2008, 01:16 AM
Angel Wings is finished:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2389/2526451131_fb412ceb3c_d.jpg

Now I just need the address to send it to....

I am looking forward to working on the other blankets I am signed up for. When I was at Jo-Ann the other day I ran across this: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3271/2527271248_2fd6e3f49c_d.jpg
so I am all ready to finish up more blankets. :-) (And I am happy to take another one off of your plate if you still need it Shandeh)

Shandeh
05-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Jennifer, that is GORGEOUS!!! :inlove:

I knew you would do excellent work on that border. :)
Thank you. :hug:

The blanket is ready to go to Snowbear now. I'll send you her address.

Spikey
05-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Red Roses has been received by grannydani (ravelry), and she's furiously working on it.
pinnut3200, are you still next? She'll probably be finished fairly soon.

Shandeh
05-27-2008, 12:27 PM
Red Roses has been received by grannydani (ravelry), and she's furiously working on it.
pinnut3200, are you still next? She'll probably be finished fairly soon.

She finished already! :thumbsup:
And I've already given her pinnut's address. :)

Spikey
05-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Wow! She's quick, she just PMed me on ravelry to say she'd only done 1/2"!

Howdovely
05-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Received Neon Rainbow today! Can't wait to get started on it.

Thank you so much for the Organic Cotton yarn! I've seen that before, but never actually had any! It is a really nice shade of blue.

Shandeh
05-27-2008, 03:13 PM
Wow! She's quick, she just PMed me on ravelry to say she'd only done 1/2"!
Yes she is! :)
Received Neon Rainbow today! Can't wait to get started on it.
Great! Be sure to post a photo, because we haven't seen it yet. Crossed Fingers

gmmarton
05-27-2008, 07:26 PM
"Pink Power" arrived in CT this afternoon iright in the middle of a huge thunderstorm. Lots of power surges and anxiety to boot! "Pink Power" sure does pack a punch! :teehee:

All kidding aside, many thanks to cdjack for the great yarn and book. I'd never seen My Little Knitting Book: A Quick Reference and I'm anxious to get my hands on more copies. Very handy little book!

Thank you again.

cdjack
05-27-2008, 07:49 PM
You're welcome. Glad you liked it. Enjoy working on the blanket.

LBECK
05-27-2008, 08:04 PM
All of the blankets I have seen on here so far have been soooo cute. I can hardly wait to get one. I don't think it will be much longer though. I am watching the thread diligently for my turn on one. :teehee:

I love the new photowall too. All of the projects are great. Has anyone else visited it yet?

wickedphantm
05-28-2008, 12:51 PM
LBECK, I know that same feeling...waiting for a blanket to come...but don't worry, I"m sure one is going to be coming to you soon!

Ladylou
05-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Hey Everyone!:heart:

WOW angel wings is simply stunning. Its so much fun to see a newly completed one:teehee: Again, im SO SO sorry that Fruit Stripes hasnt gone out yet:cry: I should definetely have it out by the end of the week:cry: Here is a picture of it, though. At least I can do that much:teehee: :aww:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2016/2533074986_667520c8f6.jpg
And here is a picture of the Squares for Snowbearcloud9 (yes, im kind of on a seed stitch kick:teehee: )
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3092/2532259067_77e4209237_o.jpg
Hope this helps!:D

Love,

jjminarcik
05-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Hi all!
I'm finally posting pictures of the blankets that I have. They are going out in the mail to Snowbear today. One is "Ocean Waves", the other is "Easter Basket" which has been completed with a border and ready to be donated. Also, I volunteer at the local women's center and we have received several donations for children (blankets from the Linus project and homemade dolls) that are not really needed in the center. So, I'm sending them to Snowbear to also donate with our blankets. They're not made by us, but I know the hospital and the receipients will appreciate them! :heart: :heart:

Snowbear - I'll send you the tracking number when I get it from my husband.

LBECK
05-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Hi all!
I'm finally posting pictures of the blankets that I have. They are going out in the mail to Snowbear today. One is "Ocean Waves", the other is "Easter Basket" which has been completed with a border and ready to be donated. Also, I volunteer at the local women's center and we have received several donations for children (blankets from the Linus project and homemade dolls) that are not really needed in the center. So, I'm sending them to Snowbear to also donate with our blankets. They're not made by us, but I know the hospital and the receipients will appreciate them! :heart: :heart:

Snowbear - I'll send you the tracking number when I get it from my husband.

Those are some really beautiful blankies.

Ladylou
05-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Hey Ya'll!

WOW those blankets are beautiful!! I'm sure the hospital will really be able to use those blankets and dolls will most certianly brighten up someones day:heart:

Love,

traceleighj
05-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Hi there! I received Just Ducky today. Thanks Constance123 for the yarn- very fun!!!!!

I can't decide what yarn to use....I may have to go shopping:blooby:

snowbear
05-29-2008, 10:36 PM
Hi guys.. I can't wait to get those blankets.. and dolls, etc. That will be awesome to donate. I appreciate it so much.

It's been a bit crazy, but I think things are finally calming down, I'm going to take pics this weekend, of the blankets that have been received here and are in the waiting to be delivered stage..

I've received several squares, and I will be sending out notes of thanks... It's just been very overwhelming this past few weeks. I'll be posting pics of the squares for the blankets for the 2 suriving daughters of my friend. I appreceiated it so much. The services were challanging, but I know she is looking down and telling us to get on, there isn't anything we can change, so accept it and go forward.

This weekend is going to be catch up and I do want allof you to know how much this project means to me. To be able to give back is wonderful. Tiffany, my dear friend would ask what blanket was I working on now.. etc. She was interested in always doing for others, but refused to let me teach her how to knit, lol She said when her kids were older she would.. oh well, maybe an angel will teach her how to knit angelwings....;)

Big Bear Hugs

threesmom
05-29-2008, 10:39 PM
Pretty blankets!:cheering:

Okay all - I need some opinions. I have Sugar and Spice (from the nursery rhyme "That's what little girls are made of..." Stagebear started it in a beige, then baronreads used a nice brown. My question is do I "girl" it up and add some pink - which looks nice with the brown and I have on hand - OR should I go "spicier" - more browns or paprika or cream shades??? I like the idea of both - I just don't have any brown or cream on hand. Any thoughts? I know it would be lots easier to give ideas if I had pictures, but my camera is MIA at the moment.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

pinnut3200
05-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Pretty blankets!:cheering:

Okay all - I need some opinions. I have Sugar and Spice (from the nursery rhyme "That's what little girls are made of..." Stagebear started it in a beige, then baronreads used a nice brown. My question is do I "girl" it up and add some pink - which looks nice with the brown and I have on hand - OR should I go "spicier" - more browns or paprika or cream shades??? I like the idea of both - I just don't have any brown or cream on hand. Any thoughts? I know it would be lots easier to give ideas if I had pictures, but my camera is MIA at the moment.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

I vote for adding pink (the "sugar") to the blanket to brighten it up a bit. Others can add other tones of the three colors (the "spice")

HollyP
05-29-2008, 11:30 PM
Go with the pink! I love pink and browns together!!

All of the blankets are looking beautiful. I can't wait until it's my turn again!!

kellybigeyes
05-29-2008, 11:34 PM
When I read this... I remembered seeing a picture of it on the Oddball Baby Blanket Blog. People can go here (http://babyoddball.blogspot.com/) to see a picture of it. For what it's worth... I think you should go with a pink also. :)

kellybigeyes
05-29-2008, 11:45 PM
The message below is meant for threesmom... I think I made a mistake when posting. Sorry!! :p

MAmaDawn
05-30-2008, 07:58 AM
I say pink too.

Sorry you camera is MIA, at least I'm not the only on that has that issue.

threesmom
05-30-2008, 08:25 AM
:hug: I knew I could count on you! Thanks so much for the feedback! I'll get started with the "sugar" this evening, and post pics in a day or 2.

MAmaDawn - I know! they grow feet, I swear!

wickedphantm
05-30-2008, 09:13 AM
Tracie, could you take a picture of Just Ducky? We haven't seen it in a while...and I never took a picture of my section.

kellee0302
05-30-2008, 10:00 AM
I received Jewerly Box yesterday. I can't wait to get started, I have the blanket, I have the yarn, now I just need the pattern. I think I know what I want but getting it to work could be another story on it's own. I will post a picture as soon as I can.

traceleighj
05-31-2008, 09:11 AM
Tracie, could you take a picture of Just Ducky? We haven't seen it in a while...and I never took a picture of my section.
No problem! I will do it when I complete my part ;)

gmmarton
05-31-2008, 11:25 AM
"Pink Power" is ready to leave CT and head on to Spikey, whom I will pm in a bit. I knit my section of this blanket using the pattern, "Mirrored Bars," established by the Shandeh and continued by the second knitter, cdjack. I worked in Caron's Simply Soft Brites Tangerine, also keeping with the suggestions made by Shandeh. Thus far we've knit in hot pink, white, and a hot-looking orange! :woohoo:

I will send the remaining Tangerine yarn on with the package, in case the last knitter wants to work in that color. I will also post a picture on Monday and make sure the pattern goes along with the blanket, in case the rest of the knitters want to keep the pattern going.

Shandeh
05-31-2008, 03:57 PM
Oh, I bet it looks nice! :cheering:
I just love pink and orange and white together. It looks so crisp and clean. cloud9

kellee0302
05-31-2008, 05:55 PM
I received Speed Racer blanket yesterday and worked on it this morning. I'm done! It went so fast. I won't be able to send it out until Tuesday, but it will be on it's way.

Shandeh
05-31-2008, 06:04 PM
Way to go! You were fast! :thumbsup:

kellee0302
05-31-2008, 06:06 PM
a better pic of Speed Racer

Shandeh
05-31-2008, 06:08 PM
Cool! It's a CAR! :woohoo:
http://bestsmileys.com/cars/8.gif

pinnut3200
05-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Red Roses arrived in Wyoming this afternoon. :woot:

It will be ready to send to the next knitter on Monday. According to the blog, Robinknits is next. Robin, will you be ready for this blanket next week?

HollyP
05-31-2008, 08:37 PM
Kellee that's awesome!!:yay: That is even cooler than I imagined it would be! I can't wait to finish it!

auburnchick
05-31-2008, 08:38 PM
I received Rainbow Joy II today! :cheering:

I'll try to get it done tomorrow...we'll see. I haven't been feeling well, but I think I can, I think I can.

Thanks, Kelly, for the yarn that accompanied the blanket! :muah:

pinnut3200
05-31-2008, 10:40 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2278/2539660521_3e6c005547.jpg

Robinknits, are you ready for this American Beauty?

kellyh57
05-31-2008, 11:04 PM
Here's Rainbow Joy II:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3043/2539707499_974fbe9076.jpg

I used yellow I Love this Yarn (from Hobby Lobby).

Here's Rainbow Sherbet:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2406/2539707829_1633b01455.jpg

I used pink Simply Soft. The pattern is called Close Checks from Knit & Purl.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3227/2539708027_97a1b4fcf4.jpg

Kelly

kellee0302
06-01-2008, 09:08 AM
I received Jewerly Box yesterday. I can't wait to get started, I have the blanket, I have the yarn, now I just need the pattern. I think I know what I want but getting it to work could be another story on it's own. I will post a picture as soon as I can.

Here is Jewerly Box, I finally found a pattern that I liked.

kellee0302
06-01-2008, 09:09 AM
sorry I forgot to rotate the picture before I uploaded it, but you get the idea

snowbear
06-01-2008, 11:33 AM
http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/mmps/000_022151de2c19d787_1/2.jpg?partExt=.jpg&&&outquality=90&ext=.jpg&border=2,255,255,255,1,0,0,0,0&limitsize=400,400&squareoutput=255,255,255
These blankets can't wait for a home... Wanted to give you one last look before they became gifts of love

snowbear
06-01-2008, 11:34 AM
http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/mmps/000_225beec22c1da034_1/2.jpg?partExt=.jpg&&&outquality=90&ext=.jpg&border=2,255,255,255,1,0,0,0,0&limitsize=400,400&squareoutput=255,255,255
They are so beutiful and colorful, It looks like a rainbox exploded! All the work is awesome!

snowbear
06-01-2008, 11:36 AM
http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/mmps/001_13e0a9262c1e7677_1/2.jpg?partExt=.jpg&&&outquality=90&ext=.jpg&border=2,255,255,255,1,0,0,0,0&limitsize=400,400&squareoutput=255,255,255
My cameras don't do them justice. The colors are vivid and bright. I can't believe all the different stitch patterns!
I'll post a picture of the entire group when I deliver them.

snowbear
06-01-2008, 11:40 AM
http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/mmps/000_071300182c20e793_1/2.jpg?partExt=.jpg&&&outquality=90&ext=.jpg&border=2,255,255,255,1,0,0,0,0&limitsize=400,400&squareoutput=255,255,255
I can't beleive all 9 blankets are so different! I have received Firetruck lane. I'll finish it and take a pic before it goes along with one more. I'll try to post those tonight.

pinnut3200
06-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Snowbear, none of your photos came through. Could you try to post them again?

snowbear
06-01-2008, 03:10 PM
hmm how can I see them and you can't?
I see all of them.. My camera isn't the best.. but I do see the blankets...

LBECK
06-01-2008, 03:31 PM
hmm how can I see them and you can't?
I see all of them.. My camera isn't the best.. but I do see the blankets...

I don't see them either. What file type did you use (ie jpg,gif)?

snowbear
06-01-2008, 03:40 PM
I did what I have done in the past. copy and paste. Each photo shows up for me.. this is weird.

I'll have to upload them again and save them and then post them. I don't understand why I can see them and you can't. I've done it this way before.. phooey.

I'll try to get them reuploaded here in a bit...

snowbear
06-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Ok here goes 2nd attempt.. (paws crossed)

snowbear
06-01-2008, 04:01 PM
(paws still crossed)

I wish my camera was better, the colors are so vivid in person

snowbear
06-01-2008, 04:02 PM
(hopes it is going through)

snowbear
06-01-2008, 04:03 PM
(last one... still have one to finish and one to take a pic of.. will try to finish next few days at work)

snowbear
06-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Ok... look and see if you can see them. (If it wasn't June 1, I would think you're pulling my paw..)

kellybigeyes
06-01-2008, 04:05 PM
The pictures came through. The blankets are beautiful!!

snowbear
06-01-2008, 04:12 PM
whew.... cloud9 I can't wait to deliever all of these.. I'll take a pic of the stack when I'm heading out the door, Then of course with them recieving them.

snowbear
06-01-2008, 04:14 PM
I have received so many squres I truly appreciate it. Some I'm having trouble figuring out who sent them as I only have your real name.

I'm going to try to match up or just send a note to thank you.

I'm waiting till the end of the week to lay the squares out. I'll try w/ more pics when I do that.

Big Bear hugs.

kellybigeyes
06-01-2008, 04:20 PM
I have completed my portion of the Sunny Days :sun: Blanket and I would like to post a photo for everyone to see. However, I can't figure out how to? Can someone plese help. :hair:

Knittinicole
06-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Rainbow squares and puppy dog tails are ready to go to the next knitters! I need the address of the next people in line. :happydance:

HollyP
06-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Nicole I just sent you a pm w/ my addy for Rainbow blocks.

pinnut3200
06-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Red Roses will be on its way to Robinknits in NM tomorrow via USPS

Confirmation # 0103 8555 7494 5542 5202

gmmarton
06-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Here is a photo of "Pink Power." I added the orange and kept the pattern called "Mirrored Bars." Very colorful blanket!

kellybigeyes
06-02-2008, 10:04 AM
I LOVE it!! It looks great!

Here is a photo of "Pink Power." I added the orange and kept the pattern called "Mirrored Bars." Very colorful blanket!

wickedphantm
06-02-2008, 11:10 AM
Pink Power is lovely!

Secksiebrat
06-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Finally home! I got home over the weekend, and we are doing an add on and finally got it all dried!!! Now the house is a mess b/c we have this open area (which is now insulated as well!). Hubby is doing the electricity work, got a roofer coming to put up the new shingles and then the heat/air guy coming to install new vents in!!! I hope we can have it all done by Thanksgiving or so. After all that is done then hubby and I will be doing the rest (drywall, flooring, doors, trim.. things I'm sure I don't even know about, etc).

So!!!! With that said and done, I hope to finish up Summer Fun and get it sent to Snowbear in the next week or so!

~danielle~

bethany
06-02-2008, 02:31 PM
I am ready to send on Pastel Rainbow but don't know who it's going to...the blanket blog is down. It will go to whoever was doing yellow! :)
I'm doing the Melon Medley one as I type, so hopefully in a day or so. Sorry I'll go a bit over the 2 weeks with this one I think....

wickedphantm
06-02-2008, 02:58 PM
I think I might be next on Melon Medely, but just take your time. No worries!

pinnut3200
06-02-2008, 03:11 PM
I am ready to send on Pastel Rainbow but don't know who it's going too...the blanket blog is down. It will go to whoever was doing yellow! :)
I'm doing the Melon Medley one as I type, so hopefully in a day or so. Sorry I'll go a bit over the 2 weeks with this one I think....

:woot: That would be me, pinnut3200. I'll send you my address

LBECK
06-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Ok... look and see if you can see them. (If it wasn't June 1, I would think you're pulling my paw..)

I see them now. They are all so beautiful.

LBECK
06-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Does anyone know how I got to be ribbing the cuff when I was casting on? I have yet to figure some of the things out on this sit. But, it is fun trying. I love to read all the posts. I look forward to every day getting online and checking out what all of you have been doing. I will miss this if we do not post during July.

bethany
06-02-2008, 06:52 PM
"Ribbing the cuff" or "casting on" has to do with how many posts you've written on the site. As you post more, more terms will pop up. ;)

bethany
06-02-2008, 06:53 PM
I think I might be next on Melon Medely, but just take your time. No worries!
I may be able to bust this melon medley out tonight Staci...so maybe send it tomorrow or Wednesday if you can get me your address....
Thanks!

LBECK
06-02-2008, 07:13 PM
"Ribbing the cuff" or "casting on" has to do with how many posts you've written on the site. As you post more, more terms will pop up. ;)

Thank you. There is something new to learn every time I log on. lol

threesmom
06-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Sugar and Spice is all set for the next knitter! I think the blog said boo1 is up next - are you ready?!? I just need an address ...

I'm going to look around again for the camera - hopefully I'll be able to get some pictures before sending it off!

Shandeh
06-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Thank you all for handling the blankets in my absence!
:muah:

Our air conditioning at our house is not working. We've been afraid that our computer would overheat in the 90 degree weather, so we kept it turned off all weekend.

I'm glad to see that everything kept going smoothly without me!

Sugar & Spice - boo1, are you ready for it?
Pink Power - Spikey, you ready for your section?

Shandeh
06-02-2008, 09:40 PM
By the way, we need some knitters to fill in some empty spots that are available now. One of our knitters has agreed to give up these spots so that our newer knitters can participate before August! :)

Each of these blankets needs ONE knitter
Rainbow Sherbet
Just Ducky
Sunshine Punch
Rainbow Blocks (blue section)
Red Roses
Sunny Days

bethany
06-03-2008, 08:49 AM
sandy, I started rainbow sherbet and can finish it with the same color, do the border.... ;)

Ladylou
06-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Hey Ya'll!

Oh gracious, I am SO sorry that i havnt been on. My computer power cord died... i'm using my moms laptop and we're going to buy a new powercord today (and send off the squares for snowbear and windwalker, plus Fruit Stripes! Finally*phew*cloud9 )

Anywho, Ms. Sandy, I would love to work on any of the blankets... Mabye Just Ducky and one other?:woot: Completely up to you though!

Love,

kellee0302
06-03-2008, 03:30 PM
By the way, we need some knitters to fill in some empty spots that are available now. One of our knitters has agreed to give up these spots so that our newer knitters can participate before August! :)

Each of these blankets needs ONE knitter
Rainbow Sherbet
Just Ducky
Sunshine Punch
Rainbow Blocks (blue section)
Red Roses
Sunny Days
If you need me on any of these just let me know.

Shandeh
06-03-2008, 04:11 PM
sandy, I started rainbow sherbet and can finish it with the same color, do the border.... ;)
Great plan, bethany! :thumbsup: You got it. :)

I would love to work on any of the blankets... Maybe Just Ducky and one other?
Hi Lexie! :waving: I'll add you to "Just Ducky". We'll wait to see if anyone else wants a spot. :wink:

If you need me on any of these just let me know.
Thanks Kelly! I'll put you on "Sunny Days". I'll let kellybigeyes know to send it your way now! :)

auburnchick
06-03-2008, 06:05 PM
I completed my portion of Rainbow Joy a couple of days ago. I have yet to get it in the mail. So sorry Wicked! I'm still not feeling good, so I'm being a teensy bit lazy when I get home from work each day. I'll try to get it out tomorrow or the next day for sure!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3043/2549460252_1ca7d59615.jpg

threesmom
06-03-2008, 09:27 PM
I think there is only one more blanket coming my way before the break, so if you still need knitters for any of those blankets, Sandy, just let me know.

Hope you're feeling better, Natalie :hug: Those lingering bugs are the worst!

kellybigeyes
06-03-2008, 10:49 PM
I have finished my portion of the Sunny Days blanket. Here is a picture after I added my blue yarn. I hope you all like it.

I will put in the mail tomorrow for kellee0302. I will post the confirmation # when I have it.

Foxyie
06-04-2008, 03:00 AM
hello ladies.. all these blankets are looking fantastic!

i decided to take a break from the blankets so i could actually get some wip's done and work on my spinning ..the first thing i go and do was cast on for a baby blanket!

so i thought i'd come show it off! :teehee:

it's for a baby shower my mother is going to this week
i was going to add a border but it was decided against
took about a month and i'm guessing it's 32x24 inches

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/foxyie/100_7101.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3270/2558067586_b162c6b792.jpg

i'll surely be watching the progress on the rest of these blankets!

gmmarton
06-04-2008, 09:08 AM
I finished "Pink Power" the other day and am awaiting word on the next knitter. I thought it was Spikey, but apparently there has been a change. Just waiting...

kellybigeyes
06-04-2008, 03:19 PM
This message is for kellee0302:

"Sunny Days" was mailed today and the confimation # is

0308 0070 0002 1948 6945

I hope it brings some sunshine :sun: your way!! Let me know when you get it.

LBECK
06-04-2008, 05:30 PM
hello ladies.. all these blankets are looking fantastic!

i decided to take a break from the blankets so i could actually get some wip's done and work on my spinning ..the first thing i go and do was cast on for a baby blanket!

so i thought i'd come show it off! :teehee:

it's for a baby shower my mother is going to this week
i was going to add a border but it was decided against
took about a month and i'm guessing it's 32x24 inches

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/foxyie/100_7101.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3270/2558067586_b162c6b792.jpg

i'll surely be watching the progress on the rest of these blankets!

This is just georgous.

LBECK
06-04-2008, 05:31 PM
I have finished my portion of the Sunny Days blanket. Here is a picture after I added my blue yarn. I hope you all like it.

I will put in the mail tomorrow for kellee0302. I will post the confirmation # when I have it.

I absolutely love the colors in this blanket. They really remind you of Sunny Days. :cool:

LBECK
06-04-2008, 05:32 PM
I completed my portion of Rainbow Joy a couple of days ago. I have yet to get it in the mail. So sorry Wicked! I'm still not feeling good, so I'm being a teensy bit lazy when I get home from work each day. I'll try to get it out tomorrow or the next day for sure!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3043/2549460252_1ca7d59615.jpg

Really a beautiful blanket.

bethany
06-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Good gravy. For 2 days, every time I go to leave the house, the skies open and the rain falls. Right now we're under severe t-storm warnings with winds and hail and the whole bit. It looks like it's 9pm outside, it's actually 11:30. I'm trying to get Pastel Rainbow and Melon Medley out, but with the rain, 2 kiddos and 2 packages in tow...best to wait.

I'd actually like one of those big hamster exercise balls! Then we could stay in the ball and still go out and stay dry. Plus, I'm going a bit batty with the chitlins, locked up in this house. And, :( I wanted to shop at Michael's.

I'll post when I mail them. Maybe it will let up shortly. (Fingers crossed)

auburnchick
06-05-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm going a bit batty with the chitlins, locked up in this house

You do know that chitlins are actually pig intestines...

:rofl:

Remember that I hail from small-town USA where the highlight of the summer was the Chitlin Jamboree, complete with the parade and Chitlin Queen...no kidding.

:roflhard:

Ladylou
06-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Hey Everyone!

LOL chick!:roflhard: Very good point, I saw that on Bizarre Foods...

I sent out Fruit Stripes, two squares for snowbear and a square to windwalker yesterday! I have the conformation numbers but they're in the car and its raining here as well (what a coincidence:teehee: ) and dont want to change chairs:aww: I'll definetely post them tomorrow though!:woot: It was so nice, I felt bad harbouring all that knitting:teehee:

Love,

HollyP
06-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Speed Racer zoomed back here for me to put the checkered flag at the end!
Thanks for the yarn Kelly!:hug:I love the color way ,it will go great in my kitchen! As soon as I am done with Speed racer I'm knitting up a dishcloth with it. For future reference you don't need to spend the $ to get the blankets sent certified mail. You just need a delivery confirmation which costs less than a dollar.