PDA

View Full Version : Cry and Puke

MellieThePooh
10-18-2007, 04:07 PM
I thought getting married was stressful, especially having four feet of snow fall 24 hours before the wedding.

Oh no! Now we're trying to buy a house, and it's a short sale so the bank is taking forever to get back to us, and the bank that's doing our loan can't figure out my income because so much of it is tips, and that means the interest rate might change, and our lease is up October 28th (until two weeks ago we were going to rent, then we found this wonderful cute little house for sale), and my tummy hurts and I want to cry and puke, and I think the seller's agent isn't being entirely honest with us, and wail!

I'm pleased to report that knitting helps.

CindyS
10-18-2007, 04:09 PM
Hugs! The process of buying a home is so incredibly stressful...it contributed to my husband's (nonfatal, thank goodness) heart attack. Please relax as much as you are able and try to enjoy the exciting parts!

Abbily
10-18-2007, 04:13 PM
Oh, Mellie, I hope everything works out for you!! I know you don't have a whole lot of time, but if you think the seller's agent isn't being honest, you might want to talk to another one. Or just call the buyer's agent and ask questions- there's no real reason why they shouldn't be honest with you. Also, try a few different banks on the financing. SO many people have jobs that involve tips, that it shouldn't be a big chore for the bank to figure that out.

Good luck!!

MellieThePooh
10-18-2007, 04:19 PM
You can change the seller's agent? Fortunately our agent is a long time friend, so we can talk to her pretty easily.

Right now I'm focusing on taking tummy breaths.

Abbily
10-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Oh, geez, sorry, I had a brain fart. :P I was mixing up seller's and buyer's agents... anyway... I'm glad you have an agent of your own that you like! Hope everything works out for you!

PaperGirl
10-18-2007, 04:51 PM
OMG you dont know how GOOD it feels to not be the only one going through this!

DH and I are 3 weeks away from the closing on our brand new house, and we dont even have the loan final yet! :hair:

We dont use credit cards, and dont have a car payment, so its been an absolute NIGHTMARE trying to establish viable credit lines for the application! Espeically since I didnt have a job at the time we started it all, I had to write a letter saying I didnt...:doh:

And the process keeps getting more and more insane as the days go by. Our inspection of the house is next Friday, then we bluetape, (and Im having WORDS with the idiot that installed my cable outlet in the WRONG ROOM)

MellieThePooh
10-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Espeically since I didnt have a job at the time we started it all, I had to write a letter saying I didnt...:doh:

I actually have to quit my job to get our loan-isn't that weird? Without tips, we qualify for a special low interest loan; with them, we don't. I wouldn't keep the job after we move anyhow, but still!

I'm glad I gave in on the must-have-baby-now argument at this point!

Yay houses...

vaknitter
10-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Congrats on buying a house !! I put contracts on a couple of houses before closing on the one I did and I found the home inspection to be very imformative - esp on one house where the sellers weren't real up front with info. So I would just make a list of questions for the inspector - you're paying him so he is at your disposal and he gets paid whether you buy the house or not so has no reason to lie to you.

As for your current lease - will they let you extend your lease on a month to month basis?

There's really nothing better than being a homeowner - you get to paint and decorate however you want !! Despite all the gitters I would love to buy a new house but I have to wait until the hubby gets out of school.

P.S. Crying is understandable...I bought my house while single and had to call in sick after the closing b/c I broke into tears as the lawyer handed me the keys to my house and said - Congrats your a homeowner....

debinoz
10-18-2007, 11:14 PM
I lost over 30 pounds when we were trying to buy a house. Our agent was a friend of my moms and when we didn't think we'd take the house because the furnace didn't work and couldn't afford a new one, Mark, our agent, used his commission to buy one and have it installed. I love that man!!

Jen17
10-19-2007, 12:27 AM
aww! I feel for you! We bought our house almost 6 years ago, but it was like yesterday...I was a mess, so worried about everything...I actually went over to my parents house and in the middle of a regular sentence burst into tears and couldn't stop!
We had problems and aggravations, but in the end it worked out and having your own home is the best. We finally just gutted the kitchen and dinning and living room and we are working our way upstairs. The kitchen is brand new now (it hadn't had changes since 1940, the house is 110 years old)and in keeping with the original design of the house and it is gorgeous! You can't do that with a house your rent!!!
Take a deep breath, suck on some peppermints and just make sure you get the house inspected before you sign anything and you'll be alright!
Good luck and let us know how it goes!!!!

The.Knitter
10-19-2007, 03:52 AM
Sucking on peppermints DOES help settle the tummy. Also, try some peppermint tea. It is in the herbal tea section. Put a little honey in it and it really relaxes your tummy.

Chin up, the hard part is ALMOST over. Then all you have to do is move in your belongings and arrange it to your liking. You will love it once the stress parts are over and you will find it was all worth it.

I envy you. I had to give up my house because of the divorce. I could not carry the payments myself. I am remarried now, but we can't afford a house and are stuck living in a basement apartment. It's not bad, but it's not like owning your own home.

Best of luck with all the arranging and moving. I am sure you will do fine and if it is meant to be things will work out great for you!!

PurlyGyrl
10-19-2007, 08:14 AM
Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Now :hug:

It'll be o.k. Sorry this is so stressful for you.

Songbirdy
10-19-2007, 09:13 AM
:hug::hug:

We went through a most crazy experience buying this, our first, house. Our Lawyer was amazing... he kept encouraging us to continue after deal after deal, after a Seller tried to sue us....

AND ... he only ever charged us for 1 house purchase despite the over 500 hours he worked for us...

The whole house buying process is crazy! But you do find that there are good people involved in the business!

dustinac
10-19-2007, 10:22 AM
:hug:

MellieThePooh
10-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Thank you all! I'm doing much better this morning, it just all came to a head yesterday when I found out I'd need to quit my job with very little notice, which I hate doing. Fortunately my manager is understanding. I wasn't going to stay after the move, so it's not a complete surprise, but I did want to stay another week or two at least.

We can't go into a month by month because our apartment has already been rented out, but we can keep our detached garage until the end of November-that helps a lot! We should hear one way or the other on our offer today. Oh man, I think I'm gonna go try to distract myself again!

jodstr2
10-19-2007, 10:59 AM
:hug: hang in there Mellie. ours was pretty stressful too. our funding took forever (they wanted all these little things we had a very difficult time providing) and the title company - 3 weeks before closing - decided the title was cloudy. I was in tears almost every day and for the first and only time in my life, my blood pressure was dangerously high. but all worked out in the end, and we closed 1 day late and moved in. you will be ok. :hug:

MellieThePooh
10-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Oh-for the record, I realized that my tummy was hurting because I wasn't eating. That was an easy fix, hm.

PaperGirl
10-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Hope its going OK for you today!

After I left here yesterday, I called our loan place, and they lost our paperwork, resulting in me having a panic attack, thankfully they called to say my officer had it already...BUT we needed more information.

THEN the contractor says my house is ready for a walkthrough on MONDAY...so I go by there last night, and there are NO blinds and NO appliances.

HOW is that ready for inspection? They are IN the contract.

I just have to make it to November. Breathing in, breathing out....:roflhard:

MellieThePooh
10-19-2007, 04:44 PM
I just have to make it to November. Breathing in, breathing out....:roflhard:

That looks like it's a maniacal, trying not to cry :roflhard:!

They're supposed to tell us if they've accepted our offer today, I'm forcibly distracting myself again...:teehee:

MellieThePooh
10-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Just in case anyone was wondering...

Still no word on the house, but we do know where we're going at the end of the week, even if that place is his parent's house.

Papergirl, is there any news on your end?

vaknitter
10-24-2007, 07:25 PM
WOW - I'm sorry you still don't know what's going on with the house !! That would drive me crazy - I'm a planner.

Hope you hear something soon and if nothing else hopefully living with the inlaws will mean a little vacation from housework :cheering: