PDA

View Full Version : I got through my birthday with only a few black hours

VictoiseC
10-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Oh boy. it was yesterday, october 17. the 16th I was happy happy. Then somehow I got worse and worse on my birthday & laid in the dark on the bed for almost 2 hours (well my DH had to go to his office unexpectedly)

I got my hair done which was nice.
We didn't go out to dinner coz we got drunk instead.
I felt sorry for myself and I know better.

Then today I went out and bought !!!!!
a shearling coat!!!! I haven't had a new coat in years. It was $799 and I had TWO discounts coupons totaling 35% so I only paid....
$452 and my MIL paid $50 of that. (and my DH got me no gift again)

So I'm happier about my birthday today then yesterday.... :blooby:

marykz
10-18-2007, 07:53 PM
glad you got thru- and got a new coat!! shearling type coats are so pretty. happy knitting....

Jan in CA
10-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Why sad on your birthday? It's better than the alternative?:shrug:

Happy birthday and cool about the coat!:hug:

Ingrid
10-18-2007, 09:32 PM
:grphug:

This made me smile--I hope it does the same for you.

auburnchick
10-18-2007, 09:44 PM
I'm sorry about your mixed day. I've had weird birthdays too (dh forgot my b'day two years in a row, if you can believe that!). At least there was some sunshine interspersed between the clouds.

Happy belated...

:hug:

angel4ever
10-18-2007, 10:55 PM
My hubby had better NEVER forget my birthday or there will be hell to pay, LOL.

Happy Belated Birthday. You lived to see another year and got a beautiful coat to boot. Enjoy it!

meearnol
10-18-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm sorry about the hard time you had with your birthday. I've had several black hours (and days) lately myself, and my birthday was last week.

PM me if you want to talk. It's always nice to have an ear lent.

Silver
10-19-2007, 07:27 AM
LOL at Ingrid for the cake! :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

Victiose, sorry about the crappy day, but happy birthday anyway. Glad you feel better now! :hug:

PurlyGyrl
10-19-2007, 08:12 AM
Well, d*mn. :hug: Sometimes birthdays suck! I know--yesterday was my birthday. Not a single person at work even mentioned it--there are only four of us there and we have been working together for 16 years :pout:

On the bright, congrats :cheering:on the great coat--will we get to see photos?? Please. And an even brighter side, at least you didn't turn 46 like me!

:passedout:

:teehee:

Abbily
10-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Aww, sorry for the black hours, but I'm glad they were few! I think I would prance around in that coat, very sarcastically thanking my husband for the lovely present...

dustinac
10-19-2007, 10:19 AM
:hug:I'm sorry you had a rough b-day...glad you are feeling better and bought a new coat....

Ingrid :teehee:

jodstr2
10-19-2007, 11:12 AM
victoise :heart::hug::heart:happy birthday. I'm sorry you didn't have a good day. I've been having a bunch of those ungood days lately. but congrats on the coat :woohoo: and here's wishing you better days ahead. :heart:

Ingrid :roflhard:

VictoiseC
10-19-2007, 01:11 PM
:grphug:

This made me smile--I hope it does the same for you.

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::inlove::inlove::inl ove::muah::muah::muah:

I LOVE THAT CAKE!!!! I told the DH I wanted a cake a cake a cake for a change this year but he ignored that too! (he bought me some lousy chocolates, the kind I don't like)

Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Meearnol and PurlyGryl! Man, those coworkers are idiots... `16 years and they say nothing! grrrr. "At least you didn't turn 46!!!"
Oh my god, I could get depressed from that but I choose not to. (I've got you beat big time there)

I must say, the first part of the day was ok, the salon part. It was just later.... but you know I am so happy about my coat, I just noticed on the receipt it was 20% winter coat discount, 20% coupon they sent in themail, and 15% discount for my birthday. That's one nice store wouldn'tcha say? 55% discount & I just happened to notice last minute, out of the blue.....(Loehmann's) A total of 364.80 off a 799.99 shearling coat WOW. I give myself the best gifts. THANKS EVERYBODY, :hug::heart::heart: THAT CAKE IS HILARIOUS

Sandi
10-19-2007, 11:55 PM
Hey there! I to turned 46 this week as well. I've come to the conclusion over the years that my birthday is not that important to anyone but me........
It's a day to celebrate yourself!!!!!

So many people say "It's just another day" and that makes me so MAD!

DH dosen't like to acknowledge his, but me being me I always make a big deal out of it, wether he wants me to or not.

Birthdays come every year even if you don't want them to. Nothing you can do to stop it.
Embrace the day and celebrate yourself!!!!!
:balloons:

VictoiseC
10-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Hey Sandy! You're SO RIGHT... it's not JUST ANOTHER DAY!

I've always been superaware of all the stars aligning to where they were when you were born, and it actually makes you more you than at any other time of the year.... kind of like you're lit up from inside if you know what I mean!

It's very special, so I always try to celebrate a good week not just the day. Next year I'll make sure I do better on the day itself.. all day no matter what!

Sandi
10-21-2007, 06:53 PM
Way to go! I like your thinking!!!!!
:woohoo::happydance:

PurlyGyrl
10-22-2007, 08:42 AM
Victoise C: I'm sorry :verysad: I didn't mean to depress you about the 46 business--just trying to lighten things up.

:hug: