PDA

View Full Version : All on my own.

Nobones
10-19-2007, 06:52 AM
This weekend hubby has had a treat and gone up to Newcastle to work on 'The Bluebird Project'. He's going to be gone all weekend and I'm missing already. I haven't been on my own in the house for a weekend for nearly 8 years. It's usually him on his own because I'm in hospital. It feels strange not having him around.

Still, got my cat, but I think she wants to be left alone to sleep for a bit so I'll stop talking to her now.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

sig
10-19-2007, 07:09 AM
Hey, we are here for you!! :mrgreen:

Silver
10-19-2007, 07:19 AM
Awwww! If you're bored, you could make some new tatting videos.

Hey, it's just a suggestion. ;) :teehee: :hug:

meearnol
10-19-2007, 07:59 AM
We're always here, so you're never *really* alone. ;)

PurlyGyrl
10-19-2007, 08:06 AM
:hug: We'll be here and there's always knitting. :teehee:

stitchwitch
10-19-2007, 08:37 AM
Bah, do what I do, my husband travels for a living so I'm single alot of the month. Pamper yourself, do all the stuff you don't do while he's there. Watch all the crappy television that he rolls his eyes at, give yourself a facial, paint your nails. Clean out his closet. :roflhard: Knit for hours without interruption. Spend all day looking at patterns online. :hug:

Abbily
10-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Bah, do what I do, my husband travels for a living so I'm single alot of the month. Pamper yourself, do all the stuff you don't do while he's there. Watch all the crappy television that he rolls his eyes at, give yourself a facial, paint your nails. Clean out his closet. :roflhard: Knit for hours without interruption. Spend all day looking at patterns online. :hug:

Stitchwitch beat me to it, that's about what I was going to say! :) :hug:

Nobones
10-19-2007, 10:07 AM
Awwww! If you're bored, you could make some new tatting videos.

Hey, it's just a suggestion. ;) :teehee: :hug:

He's the one that makes them! We made one recently but it has to be edited down because it was too big for 'You Tube'. I guess he'll do that when he gets back.

I've cleaned MY closet out, hemmed his trousers done 3 loads of washing and backed jam tarts. It's still only 3pm. I'd get on with my knitting but I've very stuck. Maybe I'll go and rent a dvd for the evening.

Kaydee
10-19-2007, 10:11 AM
Aw, well don't forget we're always here. :hug: And there's always the chatroom to talk to people in! We should get a group together for a chat. Are there any projects you've been wanting to start? This would be a great time! Lots of love nobones! :muah:

dustinac
10-19-2007, 10:15 AM
:hug:

hellokitty165
10-19-2007, 10:15 AM
well... i understand how you feel... i only see my husband around 150 days a year...he travelled alot for work... sometimes i do tagged along which is nice to visit other states/country.... hang in there okie... we are here for you :hug:... get some ice cream and rent some movies... before you know he is home aldy !

KnittingNat
10-19-2007, 06:20 PM
Hey Ellie! Don't feel bad, we're here! My hubby works shifts, so one week it's ok, i see him in the evening and night, second week he comes home at midnight and the third week i'm sleeping alone and don't get to see him in the morning, so i got used to finding myself things to do. Sometimes i even cook something or clean up a bit :rofl:
Watch a good movie you like, do some knitting or listen to some favourite music! :hug::heart:

gamerchik
10-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Awww....:grphug:

My hubby was gone all week and he's coming home tonight, YAY! At least you only have to wait a couple of days...I bet you'll have fun!!! Make popcorn, knit and watch some movies. :D

Jan in CA
10-19-2007, 07:27 PM
I imagine it does feel strange the first time. I got used to it early on because DH was a firefighter and had to work overnight and sometimes a few days at a time. As long as it's not extended I actually like being on my own...I can eat what I want, do what I want, watch what I want, go to sleep when I want...etc. :teehee: Try to enjoy your time and we'll be here if you need company! :hug:

Nobones
10-20-2007, 04:58 AM
Thanks guys, I realize I'm being a bit of a baby with it all it just feels so strange. I ended up doing loads of sewing yesterday, I made myself a corset. I've rented a dvd for tonight and am going to treat myself to a takeaway pizza (hubby doesn't like them so it will be a treat). One good thing about this, I haven't needed to share my choclate! :teehee:

More sewing and cleaning planned for today. Along with ironing, I love ironing! It's so relaxing. I've been saving a pile to do over this weekend so that will be nice.

Dangles
10-20-2007, 05:04 AM
:hug:

ritaw
10-20-2007, 08:18 AM
Big big hugs for you hun. he will be back before you know it, telling all about his adventure . :)

BostonBecca
10-23-2007, 07:25 AM
NoBones if you love ironing that much, come visit me! JK.

I am glad that you found things to fill that time. I would have spent the entire weekend in my pjs knitting and relaxing and catching up on my enjoyment activities.

Nobones
10-23-2007, 10:07 AM
I know, people think I'm mad but I do LOVE ironing.

He had an amazing weekend, which I'm very pleased about. If he goes again, I'll arrange to meet up with friends or go to my Dads so the time doesn't drag so much.

Thanks everyone for being here for me.

MellieThePooh
10-23-2007, 01:26 PM
This always gives me a chuckle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpff-yhVXP8

Knitting_Guy
10-23-2007, 01:54 PM
No pool boy huh?

HamaLee
10-23-2007, 02:51 PM
No pool boy huh?

:oops::blush::aww:

:roflhard::rofl::roflhard:

Mason it's like the entire forum is always setting 'em up, waiting for you to knock 'em down.:teehee:

stitchwitch
10-23-2007, 03:28 PM
No pool boy huh?

That's actually a running joke around our house. I've told my husband I'm subscribing to that pick a mate website for a part timer when he's gone on the road. :teehee:

cheesiesmom
10-24-2007, 08:27 PM
Geez, in 41+ years I can count on one hand the number of times we've been apart. But...every so often is good for every relationship!